• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Sugizo's Blog Posts

cherrybeary520x · 24480

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
on: September 27, 2009, 08:52:21 PM
The summit-level session of the United Nations Security Council held on September 24
made me hopeful that perhaps the world can shift to an amazing new direction.

Nuclear disarmament, non-proliferation, a future without nuclear weapons…
for a long time, I’ve felt that Japan
 – the only country in the world that has been the victim of a nuclear bomb –
should lead the world towards abolishing nuclear weapons.
I’m entirely in favor of the five declarations that Prime Minister Hatoyama
presented at the United Nations General Assembly.
Regarding those dealing with disarmament and non-proliferation,
I was especially impressed by the lofty goal of dealing with climate change
and assistance for the Afghanistan issue.
I wasn’t necessarily a passionate supporter of the Democrats,
but right now I’m in favor of most of the declarations made by the new administration.
In the future, I hope that they can take these high ideals and turn them into reality.

Japan should be proud of its thoughts and intentions and share them with the world.
I think that the meaning and importance of Japan’s three antinuclear principles
and Article Nine of the constitution will only grow from here on out.
The chains of nuclear power and weapons gain strength endlessly,
and I strongly feel that the world must graduate from this fear.

In any case, I’m interested in the actions of the new administration and the world at large.

SGZ

He's been talking about politics and the war lately...... :P

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 02:33:05 AM
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 
 JUNO REACTOR in TOKYO

I’m sure some of you already know about it,
but please allow me to promote JUNO REACTOR’s first gig to be held in Japan in two years!
It’s taking place next Sunday, October 11 at EBIS 303.
Our last Japanese show was actually the Fuji Rock Festival,
so it’s been three whole years since we’ve performed in Tokyo.

Over the past few years, JUNO has played all over Europe, America,
and a number of other countries.
The relationships between the members have deepened,
and our groove and the nuclear fusion we create on stage have grown stronger.
I can’t wait for you all to see the newest version of JUNO REACTOR!

We also have a long journey before us - in the last half of the year,
we’re going to tour India and Europe once again.
Being able to see the amazing band JUNO REACTOR in Tokyo
at such a perfect timing is a truly unique chance,
so I hope that you all come and experience our supreme, multinational, transcendental groove!

SGZ

shane140

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:42:40 AM
Thanks very much for this! interesting read.

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 03:33:31 PM
 The web magazine "Musicjapanplus" also put up an article about this:

JUNO REACTOR will perform in Japan! The band hasn't performed in Japan for quite some time. Their last live performance was at the Fuji Rock Festival '07. It will also be their first time in 3 years to hold a concert in Tokyo. What unique performances have they in store for their Japanese fans?

SUGIZO was quick to urge fans to have a look! In his blog he wrote passionately about why everyone should go see the artists live. He called out to his fans, “The various selling points of the band, such as the teamwork between the members, their bubbling groove, and the ‘nuclear fusions' that could occur at any moment onstage, have all been strengthened. That has made the latest JUNO REACTOR the greatest JUNO REACTOR of all time. I guarantee they will put on a great show. This is the best moment and once in a life time chance to see the most powerful JUNO REACTOR. You just got to experience the greatest multinational ‘out-of-this-world' groove out there!”

Everyone head to Tokyo to see the band perform!

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 05:07:20 PM
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=1000249916&blogID=517776140

Monday, November 09, 2009 
 The Berlin Wall

Today, the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, is a very special day.
I wonder if the world has truly gained hold of freedom since that historical event?

The world is full of chaos.
There are so many duties left to us – ones I don’t want to pass along to the next generation.
I think that my generation should work to settle the mistakes of the past as much as we can.
If we could, it would contribute to a peaceful future for all of the children out there.
After all, we are all connected to each other.

I’d like to refer to the wonderful words written on the Berlin Wall:
“Many small people, who in many small places, do many small things, can alter the face of the world.”

SGZ

Was the Berlin Wall a sign of communism or something?

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:17:33 PM
don't tell me you don't know about berlin wall?

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:28:06 PM
um.....well i know it existed.......

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 08:30:00 PM
the fall of berlin wall is very important in history of europe, it signalised the fall of comunism. it's very imortant event for people who lived in comunist countries

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 08:35:56 PM
well, i had an idea of that. i learned about it of the history channel on tv.......vietnam is under communism.........

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 09:06:45 PM
After the Second World War Germany was divided in two parts, western and eastern Germany, by the winning forces of the war. East Germany got a communistic regime. Later the wall was built and divided Berlin, the former capital of Germany. 1989 the wall fell and Germany was reunited again as one country.

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:46 PM
ok ok, let's not talk about russia, and start talking about this blog.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 07:48:33 AM
Nice to see that it is also up on my local iTunes too!

shane140

Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 08:13:38 AM
That's great!

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 04:46:39 AM
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000249916&blogId=524210992

The two days of performances in Tokyo, followed by two days in Taipei, are finally over.
After coming back to Japan, I went immediately to Ashinoko Lake yesterday
and had a photo session from six in the morning.
On top of that, today and tomorrow are TD for the new song to be released in February.
I don’t know how much more of this my body can take... (>_<)

NEXT PHASE OF COSMIC DANCE was beset by all sorts of problems and troubles,
and it didn’t go exactly as I had planned,
but it was still great to be able to ascend to the heavens in both Tokyo and Taipei.
There are lots of problems that we have to resolve for next time,
and I plan to seriously take on these challenges.
And I also want to further evolve the many wonderful things that happened at the shows.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the fantastic musicians who participated, the staff,
all the people involved, and all the fans.
Everyone was beautiful, and I look forward to putting on an even more amazing performance together next time.

Ten hours after returning from Taipei,
I went to Ashinoko Lake for a photo session with a fantastic photographer who came from Singapore.
I was so sleep deprived that I felt like I might die,
and didn’t think I’d make it through the photography at the freezing cold lakeside (>_<).
But the photographs turned out wonderfully, and it was a lot of fun!
She’s a genius photographer, and I believe that she’ll be able to take her work to amazing places.
I’ll tell you more about it at some point in the future!

Today and tomorrow I’m doing TD on the new song to be released in February,
marking the last of my work for 2009!
The new song has a “new wave electro guitar rock” feel, and I’m sure it’s going to turn out great,
so I hope you’re looking forward to it!

On the 31st. 1st, and 2nd, I’m taking a brief break. Then on the 3rd, I head to LA to do some work with X JAPAN.
I’m going to stay there for quite a while,
and there are tons of things I have to do – so many that thinking of it makes me dizzy. (^_^;)
Somebody, please help me!

2010, the year I’ve been waiting for, is finally almost here.
I’m going to devote myself body and soul to my work next year as well,
and I’d like to say “thank you” once again to everyone.
I’m going to move forward at a blinding pace next year, and I hope you’re all there with me!

SGZ

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 09:13:27 AM
nice one, 3rd of january go to LA for X Japan. this post made my day

Ex denxdenx

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 07:07:52 PM
awesome!

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 08:01:59 PM
nice one, 3rd of january go to LA for X Japan. this post made my day

Same here =D

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 02:16:29 AM
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000249916&blogId=526041582

Happy Rockin' New Year!
I’ve been looking forward to 2010 for so long, and it’s finally here.
Unfortunately, we don’t yet have the technology to go to Jupiter, but I want to keep evolving full of hope for a shining future.
In any case, I’m sure that 2010 will have its difficulties as well, but I’m looking forward to spending it with all of you. m(_ _)m

Everybody has probably already heard, but I’ve been running on a crazy schedule since the beginning of the year, and I’m currently in LA.
Last week was an insanely busy one entirely devoted to shooting video with X JAPAN.
The final part involved an outdoor live performance in which we took over the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.
All of the members were excited to be working together for the first time in half a year,
and our first show in the United States took place suddenly in that way.
I was really inspired by the power of the many fans that came from all over America,
and I poured my energy into what turned out to be a really fun event.
As usual, X JAPAN was surrounded by all sorts of strange happenings, and things almost blew up entirely. (^_^;)
But the relationship between the members is a great one, and I think that the footage for the music videos is of exemplary quality.

We continued performing for six hours, stretching ourselves to the limit,
and so my body is killing me and I can barely move…I’ve got all sorts of work and projects to take care of in the next week,
and if I don’t somehow make myself feel better, I’m not going to be able to survive this stormy year!
I truly believe that my body is an important asset.

Anyway, X JAPAN plans to proceed forward actively as a group, so I hope you keep an eye on us!

In the midst of all this, we’ve entered the second phase of my crazy monthly solo release rush,
and the single “FATIMA” will be digitally released on January 27.
I played this song as the NEXT PHASE OF COSMIC DANCE show, so there are many people who have already heard it.
It’s an electro piece that is part of the flow begun with “MESSIAH,” but it’s “guitar techno” with a more ambient approach.
If “MESSIAH” is male, then “FATIMA” is female. Where “MESSIAH” is flame, “FATIMA” is ice.
The two songs are entirely opposed to each other.
And among the “SUGIZO music” up until now,
I think that “FATIMA” is an important piece that is even more cosmic and transports the listener farther into the next dimension.
I also feel that it’s a “spiritual dance track” full of salvation
and love in which the intentions and purposes of another dimension flow directly through me.

On the surface “FATIMA” seems cool and feminine, but on the inside it blazes with an extremely hot flame.
It’s also perhaps the grooviest of my songs – a beautiful track that evokes images of the Virgin Mary.
This is the current incarnation of SUGIZO, in the year 2010, and I hope that you all can experience it.

Also being released at the same time as a sort of B-side is a new recording of “DO-FUNK DANCE,”
which is one of the most important parts of my live shows.
The intense artist Sine6 created this song in 2007, when it was included on my remix album “SPIRITUARISE.”
This time, I’ve re-recorded my guitar, Ruike’s trumpet, and Origa’s vocals. We also updated the rhythm track, making it even more intense.
Performing this song live awoke me to its potential and explosive power,
and I wanted to reply to that with a sound source version that leaves nothing out.
It’s a totally groovy, psychedelic, and heavy tune.
And I don’t want to brag, but I think it’s an amazing fusion of psychedelic trance, funk, and loud rock music,
as well as being one of the destinations that I have arrived at…although actually, it’s unclear whether such a hybrid has ever existed before.
I’m sure you’ll love it!

In any case, starting with these two songs,
I intend to push forward this year as well, and I hope that you’ll all be watching my journey in 2010.

SGZ

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 03:38:41 AM
PRANA

For the past week, I’ve been totally absorbed in songwriting.
In fact, I’ve barely set foot beyond my studio at all. But I did somehow manage to finish everything in time!

I also have an announcement: “PRANA,”
the third part of my insane project of digitally releasing a new solo single each month,
will be available to purchase on February 24. I’m going to release a song each month, so it’s going to be a wild ride.

“PRANA” is an electro piece in the spirit of recent musical trends, with an ultra-guitar rock, new wave, electro feeling.
It refers to the decadent atmosphere of the 1980’s, the era when much of my generation was baptized,
and also combines new wave, punk, and goth with my current style.
And since I went nuts playing the guitar, it’s also pure electro rock!

For this song, MACCHO and I went crazy setting off musical fireworks together,
and I feel like we were able to create an amazing chemical reaction.
“PRANA” personifies the degenerate sense of the 20th century and the transcendent sensation of the 21st century,
and might beckon you to ecstasy or to the heavens above.
It’s a hybrid tune composed of all the elements I possess, and the essence of the present. I really hope you all enjoy it.

In the midst of all these other things, I took part in recording a new song with TOSHI the other day.
There were all sorts of difficulties,
but his eyes are trained only on positive things and he is possessed of clarity and an unshakeable strength.
It was an amazingly fast recording session, but I think it turned out really well.
And TOSHI is truly an unbelievably talented vocalist! I take off my hat to him. I really respect you, TOSHI!

Next week will also be devoted to writing songs. I almost feel like I’m training to be a monk – I have no private life at all.
 (^_^;) Still, I feel good, because I’m absorbed in what I’m doing.
And I look forward to meeting you all on February 24.

Hope to see you soon!

With Love,
SGZ

You know, Prana sounds like the fish piranha.

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:43 AM
Yes!  Health care reform passed in America!
I’ve been in favor of reform from the beginning, and I’ve had great sympathy for President Obama,
so I’m really happy about what has happened.
Through this, American citizens other than the affluent should be able to take advantage of a new public health insurance system.
Of the forty-six million people who don’t have health care, thirty million will be able to break out of their predicament.
I think that is wonderful.
The opposition party and factions are crying out that public finances will have to bear most of the burden (which is a significant issue),
but isn’t ensuring the livelihoods of the citizens and people necessary for nation building and economic development?

Life and money…I can’t help but feel that we’re failing to evaluate the importance of what is most vital.
Up until now, only a handful of affluent people have been given favorable treatment,
and I cannot possibly sympathize with the American way of doing things in which the poor are excluded.
I truly hope that people become more tolerant of immigrants as well.
As someone who has many friends and relatives in America, I feel very close to these issues.

In any case, I’m looking forward to seeing what the Obama administration does from now on,
as well as for the ability to accomplish even more tangible things than before.

SGZ

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:39 AM
I was about to say that you posted in the wrong subforum, then I noticed it's a blogpost :D

Thanks! It's good to see that Sugizo cares about politics and real-life issues :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 05:54:24 PM
I merged the Sugizo Blog post topics, since there wasn't that much active discussion around them and it's more compact to have one big topic for them. Also new blogposts:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000249916&blogId=532095825

So Beautiful!!

I went to see a Bob Dylan concert.
It felt so luxurious to be able to see him play at Zepp Tokyo!

Dylan has an unbelievably strong presence - with a single word,
he’s able to control the entire atmosphere of the venue.
His amazing aura, depth, intelligence, persuasive power...all of it goes beyond what humans can do.
He’s sixty-nine this year, but has aged beautifully.
I truly admire Dylan along with David Bowie, both of who are in their sixties,
and respect him from the bottom of my heart as well.

Lately, I’m no longer afraid of getting older.
As I age, I gain greater depth, skill, intelligence, sharpness, and accuracy.
At the same time, there’s really nothing to lose.
I’ve come to look forward to entering my fifties and sixties while looking up to the wonderful people
who have gone before me like Dylan and Bowie.

Let’s all grow older and more beautiful together!

SGZ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000249916&blogId=532095749

Dear SPIRITUAL LIFE

I have an announcement to make.
The fourth entry in my crazy monthly release series, entitled “Dear SPIRITUAL LIFE,” goes on sale March 31.
For the past few months I’ve been creating upbeat songs and trying all sorts of new things,
so this single a bit of a break for me, a chance to catch my breath.

This song was originally a “dubby” remix that I made for my remix album “SPIRITUARISE” that was released in 2007.
I wanted to take apart and reconstruct what was originally a ballad-esque song with a 6/8 beat,
giving new life to it as first-rate SUGIZO-style chill-out music.
The 2010 version features an all-out acoustic guitar solo, which comprises the foundation of the track.

When I created this song, I was inspired by the chilled out, ambient, blissful atmosphere of Ibiza.
But I realized that I had gone beyond that and referenced the seashores of a parallel universe and other solar systems,
like a scene on the beach of a planet in the Pleiades.
The song has a psychedelic feeling that doesn’t exist on Earth,
a sensation of utter joy embraced by the sun and ocean of a parallel universe that shimmers in brilliant colors,
and an aura given off by an improvised guitar that swims freely through this landscape.
I would really like you to experience the bewitching, high-quality trippy feeling of these images.
It might even make you remember an important light that you knew well a long time ago...
This song is quite a departure from the amazing tension of the five songs released over the past few months,
and I would be honored if you enjoyed its chill-out atmosphere.

This month’s release marks yet another giant step forward for the “SUGIZO Music” of the future,
and I hope that you enjoy its depth and sensuality.

With Love,

SGZ

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 06:19:06 PM
OMG:

"I truly admire Dylan along with David Bowie, both of who are in their sixties,
and respect him from the bottom of my heart as well."

Sugizo <3

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 10:14:55 AM
And another great blog about the Yokohama concerts, Luna Sea, etc - http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000249916&blogId=538640429

shane140

Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 11:11:24 PM
 From LONDON with LOVE

I’m currently in London for an important task.
I’ve visited Brighton many times over the last few years,
but this is the first time in quite a while that I’ve been able to enjoy a relaxing stay.
London was truly my second home in the 90’s,
but this is actually my first stay here in over eight years.
There are so many nostalgic places that make me shed tears.
And unlike Japan and Asia, the weather in the UK is really cool and pleasant.
It feels like the scorching heat of Japan can’t be real...

Before coming here, I went to Hong Kong.
I’m sure most of you already know this,
but we held the LUNA SEA REBOOT press conference there.
We wanted to tell the whole world about our rebirth at the place where,
ten years ago, we announced that we were “drawing the curtain.”
We also wanted to share how we feel.
After long individual journeys,
the five of us have returned and our paths have begun to cross once again.
From now until the end of the year, I want to devote all of my energy to LUNA SEA.
The future is full of unknown elements, but I want to live with the full potential of this second.
And I also want to showcase our energy in Europe, America, and Asia.
I want to ascend to the heavens together as one in each of the countries we visit,
and I hope that you’re all looking forward to our future activities!

But before that, X JAPAN’s North American tour is waiting at the end of this month.
We mostly finished recording our new song
after I came back from Hong Kong and before I headed to London.
We’re still dragged down by all sorts of problems,
but I really feel like we’re also ascending higher.
I look forward to giving my all to X JAPAN until our tour is done,
and I think it’s a wonderful thing to be able to share the energy of all our fans in North America.
It's really exciting just to imagine what sort of moving experiences are waiting for us this time.

I’m right in the middle of a totally insane schedule,
but I feel like I’m somehow able to live on thanks to the support of music.
I am sort of exhausted, though. But I do feel like my life is a miraculous thing,
and I plan to keep on running forward throughout the latter half of 2010!

From LONDON with LOVE

SGZ

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 02:55:44 PM

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan