X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

This might be a stupid question,..but....

cherrybeary520x · 3758

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
on: September 21, 2009, 03:53:14 AM
How do you turn a normal everyday person into an x-freak??? I've been trying so fuckin hard to turn my friends into x-freaks, and no progress has shown in the past 7 months....Maybe I'm talking about them too much.......Could you guys help/teach me???

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:02:45 AM
You can't force anything, of course.
I don't think EVERYONE can and should be an X-fan.
Just spot people of which you think they might like it, and let them hear some of the best songs and watch some of the best/funniest vids!
That's what did the trick for me :)

And it's true that if you talk about something way too much, it irritaites people and they don't want to hear one word of it again. Been there, done that ;D
So watch out with that.

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:51:34 AM
I always drive everywhere with my friends, and originally we all liked different music. So to make things fair, who ever drives gets to choose the music. So when I drive I play songs that I know are familiar to my friends taste in music. My friend Carrie is a huge metal head so I'll play IV or more of thier harder songs. But another friend Bird is more into softer music so I'll play Kurenai or some ballads.   Eventually they started requesting...that's how I got my friends into X but they're not exactly XFreaks...but it's enough they respect the music.

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth

shane140

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:03:49 AM
i've only managed to make one of my friends like X, not exactly become an X freak, all i did is show him some last live vids and from then on he liked them,and he listens to them quite frequently.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 02:21:22 PM
In my case I talk about X only if there is someting relevant conserning X, on the topic we are speaking. I get most people into X by just listeng and watching their lives a lot of time, so others begin to get into X from curiosity. Be sure to aswer everything they ask about X, or atlist try(if you don't know say you don't know, look it up on net together). The hardes to convert all people with prejudice to somethig diffrend from general opinion (there is a lot of this king of people)- you can get to them only slowly-like a river that carves it's way into bedrock.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 05:41:26 PM
I've had moderate success but only when my friends are open to this kind of music. I have friends with different tastes of music, so, depending on what type of music they prefer I then in turn play them a song by X Japan. Example being: A friend who loves piano music, I would obviously start by introducing ballads to them. Another friend who likes Guns N Roses, I would then show them Rusty Nail/Desperate Angel style types of songs. But realistically you can't really make someone into a 'X-Freak' unless it is totally on their own accord, although it is cool to introduce them to people who are not familiar with their work :)

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:15:24 PM
if girls, try ballad songs, if guitar player, drum player , try aol, rusty nail or silent jealousy. or maybe try english song, if they said that they dont understand japanese, lol.

Ex denxdenx

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 12:18:47 AM
Oh, thank you so much, I have been talking about them too much, I haven't forced people because that would be plain mean, thank you so much. I appreciate it and I will take your advice and get to work.