• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

"07/09/09 Blog Post" ~ Concert Review, New DVD

mC · 4282

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: September 06, 2009, 10:22:35 PM
A blog was posted on Toshi's myspace page, featuring a review of the recent 2 day concert at the Akasaka Blitz, along with news that they will be released on DVD, that his latest albums have been released on iTunes internationally and that they are creating an English site for TOSHI with T-EARTH.

SOURCE: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1000428614&blogId=508956171

shane140

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:30:07 PM
 that's great, i'll be getting the DVD probably, got the albums and can't wait for the English website, all good news  :)

ben

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:37:34 AM
good chance for more people to get the music from iTunes worldwide.. but you can buy the T-EARTH music from CDBABY without the DRM/licensing issues

i'd be interested to get that DVD though..

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 11:00:09 AM
UPDATE: A clip showing some of the concerts can be viewed on the main page of the official Toshi website.

SOURCE: http://www.toshi-official.com/

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:26:03 PM
New trailer for the dvd of the concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1Wl5AoXPI&feature=sub

But I am really confused about something, was Toshi lip syncing at this concert? Because I can tell that about 100% of the rock songs in this trailer are studio versions. I seriously hope he's not lip syncing otherwise I'm afraid I'll lose a bit of respect for him. And if he is singing live, but he's also got the studio versions playing really loudly, that's not good either, that's basically saying "I can't sing the high notes anymore, so I'll sing with a rough voice under the studio version, so that you can't hear me".

I really doubt that's him singing live because at this point he definatly cannot perform as well as it sounds in that video, he's not that consistant at all. But if by some miracle all of that is him singing live, then I don't like how he sings all the songs like the studio versions.

When the video changes to the Healing concert that took place the day after, that's Toshi singing live.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:28:05 PM by Ulquiorra »

shane140

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:46:56 PM
ThanX for the trailer!

Yes i do think he's either lip syncing or singing quietly over the studio versions. I agree with everything you said.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05:47 PM
Are you sure this isn't just some sort of advertisement or commercial for the DVD? It's quite common to put the Album versions of songs as BGM there.
I didn't watch the video with much attention because my internet is very slow and I could barely watch it. So sorry if I make wrong conclusions or suggestions.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:07:29 PM by MIHO »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:08 PM
No I think that's actually how the songs were performed because you can tell Toshi's singing Fire City live there, what would be the point in having BMV's for advertisement since they're using Toshi's live voice on the Fire City section.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 08:44:44 AM
^ Okay, my bad.

I'll check the video later (internet still too slow). This is very weird. ô_O

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 10:23:48 AM
Actually, he is not lip syncing. The reason it sounds so good is that he has recorded himself singing the other vocal parts so that he can harmonize with himself live. Personally, I think this is the best way to preform these types of songs live. It also helped that he sung extremely well on those nights as far as the trailer suggests. Can't wait for them to be released!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 12:16:18 PM
Actually, he is not lip syncing. The reason it sounds so good is that he has recorded himself singing the other vocal parts so that he can harmonize with himself live. Personally, I think this is the best way to preform these types of songs live. It also helped that he sung extremely well on those nights as far as the trailer suggests. Can't wait for them to be released!

That makes sense. I still didn't watch the vid, but that sounds like a reasonable explanation ;D