Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

A new official hide book ! "pinky promise"

Guest · 10296

shane140

on: August 26, 2009, 09:00:09 PM
the following is from a hide blog post on myspace:

The official title of the new hide book has been decided!

The official title will be "Pinky Promise" and will be published from index Communications next spring.

hide always took good care of his fans, maing them smile and feel close to him through his music and live shows.
"We promise to stay positive and enjoy our live forever", this is the "Pinky Promise" from hide to the world.

The mission to bring happiness and positive life to the world has just started!

The publishing date, price and so on will be announced on this website soon.
Don't miss it!

http://hide-city.com/mcontents/special/pinkypromise/

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:02:29 PM by shane140 »

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:19 PM
errrrr.....what IS this...?O___o

PARTY HARD

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:24:24 PM
^Another milking project of course!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:43:47 PM
As I said to Yu~kun before...Pinky Promise sounds like a title more fitting to a fanfiction than an official book...XD
Also, regardless of whether hide's death was an accident or an actual intended suicide or whatever else....the fact that a person who died in such an ambiguous way is connected to the phrase "We promise to stay positive and enjoy our live forever" sounds like sarcasm to me......^^;;;;;;;

Well, I'm generally not one to whine about absurd releases of things that are simply there to make money for some people and things like that. As a matter of fact, if it's something I like I am willing to spend money on it even if it's ridiculously overpriced and useless...but in hide's case....I think even I am starting to get slightly annoyed...^^;;;;;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

shane140

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 11:07:20 PM
i agree, this book sounds absurd and ridiculous, just making money off hide's death, and i have no clue on what the book will be about, i have an idea it will be set out like an annual or something with lots of pictures etc

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 11:48:14 PM
poor hide,seems lots people took advantage from his death,which left me a question are they truly love and care for hide?if yes,how come they don't respect him and let him Rest In Peace!

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 12:41:17 AM
seriously if they aren't willinng of sharing, even just a tiny bit, of rare or new material i'm sure that the fans will get disapointed for good

PARTY HARD

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 01:34:28 PM
The book, if anyone wants it, is available for pre-order from cdjapan. It'll be released on February 14th and features "tons of photos, his guitar collection & CD collection. Comes with original jigsaw puzzle." The price is 7619yen (~$83).

This is my administrator color.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 02:03:18 PM
I was to reserve my in HMV was exhausted...
Please someone knows where I buy this book

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:56:46 PM
The only reason I have -any- interest in this book is because I sent a message to be published and I want to see if it made it into the book. XD"

But...$83?! There'd better be some exclusive material or something in there to justify a price like that. @_@

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 09:26:23 PM
I wanted very because it is going to be the unique that I did not manage to buy...
Please if someone know where this selling him...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 09:29:22 PM

hi there

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:33 PM
ohhh apology passed beating..

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 03:16:00 AM
Series of photos of the opeining here on Twitter: http://twitter.com/indivisual_live

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 10:03:15 AM
thank you very much Faestian sell these photos do not see the hour of my book arrive here for me.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 01:34:35 PM
I went tonight to Marui (OIOI) to see the LEMONed shop.  The book had sold out by that time.  I think from tomorrow they'll have more.  I took some photos but just on my mobile as my camera is one of those big, obvious ones and I look like a professional photographer with it (I assure you, I'm not!).  I didn't want to get into trouble if photography wasn't allowed.  My photos look pretty much the same as the ones on Twitter that Faestian sent the link to.

About the goods.  Do I love hide any less because I don't want a hide/LEMONed eraser, mobile phone block, pair of warm underpants, nail file, lunch box, alarm clock, sticky tape, umbrella, key ring or any other of the plethora of goods available?  I've said it before and I'll say it again ;D  If you're into that, that's  fine.  However, I don't have a real need for it.  I am curious though so that's why I went.  I'm not even sure if I want the book.  Unless there's a whole lot of unreleased photos and information....Not likely.

There were quite a few people there, saying how cute everything was.  I think the cutest thing is hide himself, of course.

I liked one of the signs that said it was a mixture of "kowai" (scary) and "kawaii" (cute) to make "kowaii".

If anyone wants to know/see anything in particular I can go back between now and early March and try and oblige you. 

I asked them too if they knew when restorations would be finished on hide's grave but they didn't know any more than I do (it started on January 10 and would take about a month).

Okay.  Now I'm off to stress about ToshI's (please note my use of the new name style ;)) concert.  If this stresses me out as much as getting tickets for the X concerts last year then I'm in for one serious heart attack.  I'm not kidding.

I'll post this on Xplosion too.

We are X!!!!!

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 05:05:45 AM
You can check out some of the goods at the Pinky Promise event (if you're so inclined).  I tried to upload some photos of it but with no success.  Sorry :-[

http://www.kyogocan-shop.com/product-list/23

We are X!!!!!

Offline Wick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 07:18:12 AM
nice kimono's

The true Way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this. If you attain and adhere to the wisdom of my strategy, you need never doubt that you will win.

Miyamoto Musashi

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 06:11:42 AM
Seriously UGH. Really, his brother needs to stop selling so much shit.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 01:48:47 PM

I am conflicted.  I see all this "stuff" and wonder.  When I found and bought "X Japan Complete II" last year (just and example) I was so excited. I treasure it!  Treasure it!  However, I just cannot feel the same way about a mobile phone block, or an eraser!

We are X!!!!!

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 02:24:49 AM

I am conflicted.  I see all this "stuff" and wonder.  When I found and bought "X Japan Complete II" last year (just and example) I was so excited. I treasure it!  Treasure it!  However, I just cannot feel the same way about a mobile phone block, or an eraser!

Neither can I. Seriously, hide's brother is milking the estate for all the money he can. It fucking sucks and he needs to shut the fuck up..........

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:49 AM
Love the Kimono and would buy it in a heart beat because, A: it rocks, and B: it is impossible to find ANYTHING to do with hide or X or any of the other bands here in the west, especially if that 'anything' is unique. Like you, Tanabata, it doesn't matter what I do or do not have of silly, fun memorabilia, it would never change how I feel about his personality or his music. I have loved hide a long time now, without a single piece of memorabilia to keep that love alive; only his music and a faded b&w picture I hold dear...oh, and a copy of my Junjou Romantica anime in which Akihiko's huge teddy bear, Suzuki Bear, wears a hide neck bow of yellow with red hearts. It makes me smile each time I see it.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25:23 AM
Matsumoto Hiroshi, a man that I will never probably understand.

PARTY HARD

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 09:45:17 AM
Im sorry, why are people bitching again, oh thats right, making money in an industry is evil. Lets not forget that this is an industry, and money is basically a MAJOR PART OF IT.

Fact, they are still making hide goods, ok big whoopie, When I went to Japan back in Oct 2009, I visited the LEMONed shop, yeah I bought stuff why.
Because Is still support hide. Yeah he's gone, but think about it.

If new stuff didn't come out, if there wasn't merch still being sold, would there be fans of hide ages 13 and 15 all through out Japan and the world still today. Yes, not alot of them, but there would be.
But the main point is, he would not be as popular today as he was in the 90's.
Continuing to promote and market him, his music, his style, and anything hide, is what is, in a sad and yes 'greedy' way, helping and ensuring that his name continues.

I doubt alot of you would be so happy to know that a new hide book, one speaking about his past, history, philosophy, something that perhaps some die hard hide fans would really enjoy, if the mass marketing and continued promotion of hide and his name wasn't still going on today.

Also, as homg used for his name to make money, as you think he is.
He isn't. I didn't see signs promoting hide all over Japan, Tokyo, Chiba, Harajuku, Shibuya, or any place I was in.
I saw promotions for bands like Nightmare, jpop artists, PATA, but not hide.
Its cause over seas fans feel that its oh so selling out the moment an artist who passed on is still promoted.

I also find it funny how the same fans bitch when people don't buy the merch and albums by these artists.

Hypocrites.

Also, I want you all to think.
You are famous, you have a family, maybe no kids, some siblings, those siblings have children, etc etc.
You pass away, your family continues to use your name, music, and image, to make money and support themselves.
Is this evil?

Is it evil that Hiroshi, hide's younger brother, was actually the person who ran hide's estate EVEN WHEN HE WAS ALIVE, has continued to promote his brother's name, spread his music, image, and cater to the fans whims.

If it wasn't for Hiroshi. hide would have been forgotten by now.
If it wasn't for Headwax Organization, LEMONed Plant, or the LEMONed Shop, or Squash, hide's legacy, would be faded, and almost gone.
Only older people would know. No yearly celebrations in honor of his life, no supporting his legacy, no carrying on his memory as we have been, yes we spend money, who doesn't, its an industry, its gonna happen, but also, we need funds to carry on this legacy, its not free promotions. I work as a promoter, I can tell you now, its not a cheap industry. Promoters require money, its their JOB, to get money, what ever they are promoting, has got to have some sort of financial income. hide's income comes from fans continuing to support him even after his death, by still buying albums, buying merch, attending memorial shows, and buying books that have information not previously released to the public in them.

And for the record, I did buy a LEMONed shop umbrella, bento box, lighter, and perfume.
I did, why...cause I support hide still.
I have photo books, cd's, plushies, jackets, all that.

Why, because I know the only way to succesfully in todays industry continue an artists legacy, is to basically continue to sell their name and image.
The artist knows that this will happen from day one.

They sign that contract, and their image away. Its sad, but true.

Its how shit goes.

So please, for the love of all things good, STOP FUCKING BITCHING ALREADY AND JUST CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM, BY BUYING THE BOOK, OR NOT, JUST SUPPORT HIM AND STOP BITCHING AND INSULTING HIS BROTHER!!!

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 12:27:25 PM
Look, Flip, I find it VERY insulting that you're arguing those of us who think this endless barrage of merchandising is disrespectful and insulting aren't real fans who don't want to keep his memory alive....

I'm a huge Yoshiki fan myself.... I really don't have many objections to what X is doing with their occasional overmarketing and/or the Don Quixote tie-in or wtfever.... because they're all adults, they're ALIVE, and in the end it is their decision.

Nor do I object to stuff like the hide memorial summit, the continued operation of the fan club, the LEMONed shop, the selling of his music, the birthday and deathday memorials, the fashion, the musical instruments, and the plushies and keitai charms. Even the photobooks and fan collections. All of those are, IMO, respectful ways of remembering his life and keeping his memory alive. None of that stuff is a problem, and I participate in it myself.

But really? Pencil erasers? FUCKING TOILET PAPER? Tons of other pointless, shitty trinkets??? He'd be rolling over in his grave at that BULLSHIT.

So yeah, sit down, shut up, fuck off, etc....

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 01:39:16 PM
Flip, the people who think that hide's image is being used for monetary gain do have a right to their opinion and I'd prefer you keep your language a bit less profane. However, I do agree with you and I, for one, am in favor of continued realeasing of hide memorabilia.

Miscast, directly insulting another member of this board is still a big offense, so I'd appreciate if this was the last time you'd do so. As you might've understood, Flips post was meant for those who are against ANY "new" hide merchandise, including Best Of CDs and jackets (and most everything sold in the LEMONed shop). And I for one think of toilet paper as a quite useful "trinket".

So, please keep the discussion civil and mature. Thanksyou~!

This is my administrator color.

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:22 PM
Thank you Sander, and sorry, but as you might have realized when you meet me, I curse alot :3
and of course they are allowed their opinion, aslong as its respectful.

Aside from the people complaining about new merch, the disrespect towards hide's little brother is basically what has me so iffed.
Its hide's family, respect that, its his brother, respect that, he was someone who hide trusted to the point of cooking his meals, and taking care of him, the man deserves more respect. He's helping keep hide's legacy alive, yes there are foolish things emblazoned with his name and image, but there are things out there, photo books, books, cd's, dvds, alot more than the foolish things.
Complaining about every new thing that they put out is just down right outrageous.

Thank you Sander for atleast understanding my point.

Also, Miscast, I was not insulting anyone, I never said anyone wasn't a real fan, I would NEVER say anything like that, I just find it hypocritical of SOME fans to complain when new merch is released, and then turn around and complain when other fans don't buy every single b-side, photobook, or official piece of whatever.

Also, psycho bear, the character that LITTERS the LEMONed shop, which mind you I was at, pic at the end of this post for proof.
Was a cartoon that hide invented, drew, and created, thats what litters the store for the most part, other than that, its just lighters, like the one i bought, that say LEMONed on them. They also sell his cd's, dvds, and shirts. Which, I see nothing wrong with.
hide created that character, and shared psycho bear with his fans, and the world. Continuing that, I doubt he would be rolling in his grave.
From what I know of him, which, i hate to admit, is alot more than a good majortiy of you do, and not for some stupid fucking elitist reasons but merely the fact i know things from the people i have worked with, he would prob laugh his ass off and find toliet paper with his name or whatever on it fucking fantastic.
Even better, if the LEMONed shop ever came out with , dare I say it, a vibrator with LEMONed emblazoned on it, he prob would be so fucking happy.

Now calm down, and laugh a little, and just think....an official hide vibe...everyone would want one :3 :P

pic as promised.

p.s.
i fucking miss those boots :/ and FUCK YEAH THATS MY DER'LANGER SHIRT!!!
oh and yes, i bought an umbrella, which was useful considering it was raining that day :P

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face