The New York Times article about hide

Sander · 4274

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: January 24, 2007, 02:29:18 PM
This article was released on 18th June, 1998, abit over a month after his death.

Please do not take anything written in this article for pure truth, it is written by americans!

The link to the article.

PS: The article has two pages!

This is my administrator color.

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 02:47:26 PM
Hm, for me that article didn't tell anything new. Other thing is, if I had believed in that article or some things it would tell. Believe that I wouldn't have. Pretty properly written article anyway.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:09:43 PM
reminds me of:

:arrow:  http://www.asiaweek.com/asiaweek/98/0522/feat1.html

Dunno why..

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:48:44 PM
^I could see some similarities between those two articles. So I don't wonder why the one Hypno posted reminded you of that other.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 06:56:56 PM
Well, the article from asiaweek is from 2000 and the one from NYT from 1998, the one from asiaweek is so much better, in NYT they mix music with Visual kei and this stuff, it's bad, Hypno don't take it from Wikipedia it sucks, I already say this there and they don't believe me xd.

Read the one from xScQ

hi there

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 07:50:31 PM
I did :P

And I know the NYT one is quite bad :P

Offline Tamika

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 03:44:29 PM
But a thing thats really amacing is that after hide died, even some people from sweden went to japan to get an interwive on a hide memorial concert.. or something.. it was on Rock and rebellion i japan. and i thing its relly cool because it really shows how famuos hide really were, is. Because its not many things that gets all the way to sweden:D

Remember that we used to Run in the Sunshine, the Snow and the Rain. But mostly we Ran in Dreams of Paradise*

~1998, Hides the Lights, Hides the Stars. But I know it's not thet fun, staring at a loaded Gun~

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 03:49:49 PM
Yes he is! ^_______^

..I wish I were there beside you...

Offline Tamika

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:59:44 PM
well i dont really remember but they interwieved some fans. but if you want to know you can find it right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmNVS7x870o.. its only part one of four but its there..mostly is with english text but the quality is not so good.. theyre talking about why 1000 of people gathere for hide memorial live at Yokohama Arena . and what he was for the fans..

Remember that we used to Run in the Sunshine, the Snow and the Rain. But mostly we Ran in Dreams of Paradise*

~1998, Hides the Lights, Hides the Stars. But I know it's not thet fun, staring at a loaded Gun~

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 08:21:47 PM
Saw all 4 parts and didn't see any english at all... Subtitles were Swedish (I think), people spoke Japanese and the announcer also Swedish... And they made a mistake atleast once writing hide with a big H in the subtitles :P

Thanks for the vids tho :)

Offline Tamika

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:55:08 PM
o my god.  soo embarecing.. i guess i was so into trying to ee the text trough all the blurr, so i didnt think about them speaking japanese:P Im sorry. but if there something you want to know about what theyre saying, just ask:D