YOSHIKI to undergo surgery on Monday‏

Ashura · 48617

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 11:48:30 PM
I know this is my first post. I have been lurking a long time and only just joined (finally) but  I wanted to step in and say I was surprised by the dismissive comment made about Yoshiki being a Drama Queen. He has certainly had is moments, no doubt about it, but people respond differently, person to person, under anesthetic, (it makes some people violently ill and immobile for days) I know I have not had my spinal column exposed, the bones drilled or the nerves messed with, but I can imagine the level of pain such surgery might cause, because I have had nerve damage in my neck since birth. As well, since it is obvious, considering the level of work Yoshiki san has been involved in over the past year after a ten year hiatus, not just with X but with the orphanage in China as well as JRock Revolution and Yoshiki Mobile and meeting contractual obligations, perhaps the moniker of 'Drama Queen' in this particular situation is unfounded? *ducks the rotten tomatoes and raspberries* lol   

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 12:33:01 AM
I know this is my first post. I have been lurking a long time and only just joined (finally) but  I wanted to step in and say I was surprised by the dismissive comment made about Yoshiki being a Drama Queen. He has certainly had is moments, no doubt about it, but people respond differently, person to person, under anesthetic, (it makes some people violently ill and immobile for days) I know I have not had my spinal column exposed, the bones drilled or the nerves messed with, but I can imagine the level of pain such surgery might cause, because I have had nerve damage in my neck since birth. As well, since it is obvious, considering the level of work Yoshiki san has been involved in over the past year after a ten year hiatus, not just with X but with the orphanage in China as well as JRock Revolution and Yoshiki Mobile and meeting contractual obligations, perhaps the moniker of 'Drama Queen' in this particular situation is unfounded? *ducks the rotten tomatoes and raspberries* lol  

You are very right, I've been telling them this from the very beginning. It seems that no one has been through a surgery or any kind of nerve damage. I myself know that surgery, no matter what it is, is a big thing really. One of my friends died during gullbladder surgery. So, anything to do with your health should be taken seriously.

Go make my day....you know you wanna....do it.....DO IT!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 12:35:43 AM
There is nothing wrong with being a drama queen, but sometimes I wonder if his neck problems are beacouse his falling on the flor exercises on stage.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 12:43:40 AM
Well..come on now....you find it more likely for his injuries to be because of the 'falling' than to actually be from the way he's playing his instruments? I'm not saying one can't get injured while dramatically falling on stage but eh....in this case I think the way he's drumming screams clearly 'OMG....how come your head is still in its place'.
That and...haven't there been countless of reports and videos on how he got that neck injury anyway? Or do you not believe those?..:S

Anyway, I just wanted to post this:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090730-00000017-sanspo-ent

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50:01 AM
Ofcourse his suicidal druming has a lot with it but those falling on the flors aren't that inocent. People are breaking their bones from falls like that.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 06:25:49 AM
I am not sure of the HTML for the board yet, so will just 'quote' myself: Where I said "As well, since it is obvious, considering the level of work Yoshiki san has been involved in over the past year after a ten year hiatus, not just with X but with the orphanage in China as well as JRock Revolution and Yoshiki Mobile and meeting contractual obligations, perhaps the moniker of 'Drama Queen' in this particular situation is unfounded?" ...it should read after, "and meeting contractual obligations"... that he is exhausted, so perhaps the moniker of...blah blah blah. Sorry.

obi325, I hope no offense was taken. Having spent inordinately too much time in hospital watching over my own son for reasons similar to Yoshiki's, I just really want to support Yoshiki san and help him to get better. 

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 07:11:27 AM
obi325, for me your post sounded very inconsiderate and unfair towards Yoshiki. It sounded as if he would only walk this 5 meter after his surgery for the sake of drama. And that is hard for me to believe.

And I don´t believe his neck injuries are the result of any falls on stage, but really more because of his drumming style.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:31 AM
I just wrote what was on top of my head after reading this:

patients can usually get out of bed two hours after the surgery.

obi325, I hope no offense was taken.

None taken

And i to hope i didn't offend anyone.

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
  • We may be freaks....but at least we have FUN
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 02:29:25 PM
i really hope that yoshi is okay. i acctually cried when i read the news.... i dont care if i never see X live, as long as my darling yoshiki is okay !!

@FAESTIAN-- welcome to the boards

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 04:10:09 PM
Yoshiki will be okay, he isn't a weak willed person. As a matter, he is stronger than he looks. And more devious too.

Offline Eos

• Rookie
  • I'm not that Complicated, just M!zzundaztood!<3
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 06:27:42 PM
Yoshiki will be okay, he isn't a weak willed person. As a matter, he is stronger than he looks. And more devious too.

Devious??? Umm don't know what that's all about, but he is a very strong willed individual and yeah he will be great over time. He's just taking perhaps a little longer to get the healing process started than would us younger ones. Were all different and no one knows their body 100%. So let's just keep up with our warm prayers and get well wishes and I am sure he'll be in rockin shape in no time :D!!!

Whether its real or truth in a dream its still pointing my mind...

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 06:51:26 PM
What I mean by devious is that he is 'the evil mastermind perfectionist' and is always looking for ways to take over the world ne?  ;D I mean come on, he's Yoshiki, no matter what I can't see him as a weak person or a horrible person either. I know he's alright. You just have to look on the bright side and stop worrying so much. Crying isn't going to help.

Offline Eos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 07:01:53 PM
What I mean by devious is that he is 'the evil mastermind perfectionist' and is always looking for ways to take over the world ne?  ;D I mean come on, he's Yoshiki, no matter what I can't see him as a weak person or a horrible person either. I know he's alright. You just have to look on the bright side and stop worrying so much. Crying isn't going to help.

Oh crying your the one who spazzed out and cried haha come on your such a worry wart. Yes and that's "Evil Mastermind Fucking Perfectionist" (remember with Yoshiki one must always include his favorite America word :P!) So yeah ... I do worry how can I not its Princess.

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 07:27:16 PM
I'm sorry if I happen to care a lot about a friend....geez. That is EMFPerfectionist. gotta love him

Offline Eos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 08:38:18 PM
I'm sorry if I happen to care a lot about a friend....geez. That is EMFPerfectionist. gotta love him

A PM would have been better for that little piece of information but yes of course EMFPerfectionist and of course nothing but mad love <3

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:00 PM
m(_ _)m

ben

Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 04:10:20 AM
I don't think Yoshiki should be so concerned about commitments for X Japan. He has his own life and his own well being to think for first. I wish all the best and good health to him.

Offline lucy_bkk

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 10:18:00 AM
any further news on his operation ??

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 02:40:39 PM
i agree with ben 100 percent !! he has his own life to worry about. maybe us fans are being too selfish ?

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 03:49:44 PM
From what I understand from Yoshiki mobile subscribers, his condition is pretty bad right now. He's still very weak from the operation and the numbness doesn't seem to have subsided.

I know someone who had a similar surgery to remove numbness apparently it takes a long time to get better, and almost always a small ammount remains (i.e. in the finger tips or thumb etc). The rehabilitation takes a very long time, I don't think he'll be picking up drum sticks until September at least.

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009, 04:03:32 PM
omg. thats horrible. not playing drums is goin to drive him crazy!!!

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 31, 2009, 05:59:27 PM
I don't think he can wait till september >>;;;
You all know him.

Well I hope he'll be clever and rest. But then again, it's Yoshiki. You never know.

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 31, 2009, 09:01:38 PM
we all know his idea of resting is almost the eXact opposite. lol

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Eos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 31, 2009, 11:00:25 PM
we all know his idea of resting is almost the eXact opposite. lol

Indeed its like the exact opposite, here's just hoping he takes the advice and rest (as if he isn't told to enough) he likes to not think things though all the way sometimes when is in his best interest. He's extremely devoted to what he does and those who support him so his common sense doesn't always seem to react to his untimely situations.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 01, 2009, 01:24:10 AM
Well..come on now....you find it more likely for his injuries to be because of the 'falling' than to actually be from the way he's playing his instruments? I'm not saying one can't get injured while dramatically falling on stage but eh....in this case I think the way he's drumming screams clearly 'OMG....how come your head is still in its place'.
That and...haven't there been countless of reports and videos on how he got that neck injury anyway? Or do you not believe those?..:S

Anyway, I just wanted to post this:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090730-00000017-sanspo-ent

Okay... WE ALL know that he had the fall where he fractured bones in his neck.  There is quite a difference in a 'staged fall' and one that is totally unanticipated.  Rose, are you even a fan??? Do you have half a strand of heart fiber to give to this man or do you only care about what he can do for the fans? 

All I've seen you blather on and on about is "lives, lives, lives...."

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: August 01, 2009, 01:30:44 AM

Who.. would dare call him a drama queen? *hands out baseball bats*  How bout a game of T-Ball???

I think it's just sickening that people are STILL raving about lives being postponed/canceled, whatnot.

It's even more irritating that some here seem to think that this surgery and recovery is Yoshiki's idea of a 'vacation'.   I can think of ways that would be a hell of a lot better to take a break than having my cut open and bones and such worked on!!!!  Do you have any idea the level of pain he lives with on a daily basis?  That is one strong man there ladies and gentlemen, weather you believe it or not.  There are times he's on stage, smiling like nothing is bothering him.. and you know he's got to be in as much pain as a woman delivering a baby (without drugs).

Some of the members here are about to make me sick.  I'm glad for the precious few like Faestian and a few others who have the backbone to stand up for Yoshiki.  God knows most of you are still sitting in the basement!

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 01:36:23 AM
I'm trying to figure out what my reaction to this should be.
So far....I only get *facepalm* which I think is enough to summarize everything I'm feeling.

Your siggy says you're a Yoshiki fangirl.... somehow I doubt that

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: August 01, 2009, 01:47:08 AM
As far as Yoshiki being in pain, yes he is in a lot of pain, even though the surgery is over. He can't bend his neck around at all without feeling something really painful. I seriously hopes he takes the advice given to him and takes the recovery slow. But we all know that in Yoshiki world, everything is get it done, gotta do this, gotta do that.

Offline ArpegiusWolf

• Rookie
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: August 01, 2009, 01:57:18 AM
I may not be a huge X fan anymore, but that doesn't matter right now.

We, as fans, should be grateful and happy that he can even walk and move. Who cares if he can't play a live? Would you rather him play the live and end up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life?

Would that make you people happy?

Seeing him destroy himself for your entertainment?

Surgery like this isn't something you have done and brush it off like a little cut...This is delicate and dangerous. Dealing with any part of the spine has potential for disaster.

so stop worrying if he can play a show or even just play drums, and worry about if he can recover and be pain-free.

Furries in my Jrock fandom? Its more likely than you think!

Offline Eos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: August 01, 2009, 03:00:03 AM
That's it I am just going to up and say it it makes me sick to see comments like this form his fan base people like ROP84 Yeah I am going to say something. I've been blessed with calling Yoshiki a friend for the last year and half after getting the chance to meet him and go over some work related things. He is a man dedicated to doing everything he can to meet the promises and demands he sets up for himself and those of the fans supporting him. He is so passionate about all you guys/us who support what he does it makes my heart break to see reaction like this form people. Take if form someone who actually knows him he is in a great deal of pain and he is focused on one thing that's delivering to you the fans. He takes none of this lightly and this intervention procedure was not only done for him to be able to continue to do what he loves playing and creating his music his art for all of you but to also allow him to lead a life not full of pain with the results of past injuries flaring up to compromise him. He always performs to the best of his ability and he is always sincere in his words to fans. So step the fuck off and grow an actual heart!