• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

How did you discover X Japan?

RainSeraphim · 7995

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 01:51:05 AM
I don't quite remember when exactly I discovered X... but it was at the end of 2005 or at the begining of 2006. Lots of people started to enjoy the Japanese culture in those years. Suddenly, everyone wanted to read manga and listen to J-music. Some friends of mine eventually drew me into it and I grew more and more interested in Japan. That's when I heard a few X songs for the first time. I liked them a lot, and began to search for informtion on this band. Here I must say that I didn't know anything about music back then, the only things I listened to were Britney Spears CDs my parents bought for me...... yeah, I sucked. xD

Anyway, I knew very little about rock and nothing about metal. Maybe that's why I found X so amazing. I had never heard anything like this before, and I wanted to hear more. That's when I listened to Art of Life for the first time. I was quite depressed in those years, and as I listened to this song, I started crying. I had never known music held such a power before. I was quite startled. I decided to learn more about music, to listen to other bands and other kinds of music.

If I hadn't discovered X, I would most likely still be unaware of what music is. That's why X is still so important in my eyes, even though I now like many other bands, some of which I find more impressive than X in terms of technique or originality. X will always remain a special band for me, because of all of these reasons.

End of the little story. xD

I'm at my wits' end.