• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Juichi Morishige & Ziggy

mC · 3878

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: July 16, 2009, 09:33:19 AM
Just recently I discovered the band Ziggy and their singer Juichi Morishige's music. I was immediately hooked and bought his greatest hits album almost straight away. Unfortunately, Ziggy and their singer are pretty much unknown outside Japan as far as I can tell, due to the fact that I have found nothing about them in English.

From reading short summaries about their CDs on CDJapan and HMV, I have come to conclude that they have been around since the 80's and have continued to preform and release music. If anyone knows anything, I would greatly appreciate it.....

P.S. After watching a performance of Gloria live, I thought I saw someone familiar on drums...apparently, Joe from hide with spread beaver is part of Ziggy!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:47:46 AM
I konw they covered I for You on a LUNA SEA MEMORIAL COVER ALBUM-Re_birth-

Looks likie Joe is in there from 1996. They are around from 1987 and had atleast 6 formation changes with only junichi being constant member.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 04:54:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hide once have a drunken fight with Ziggy's lead singer which resulted in him weilding a fire extinguisher and spraying it all over the hotel where they were staying? I'm pretty sure Taiji talks about it in his book.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:53:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hide once have a drunken fight with Ziggy's lead singer which resulted in him weilding a fire extinguisher and spraying it all over the hotel where they were staying? I'm pretty sure Taiji talks about it in his book.

That was indeed in Taiji's book. That was the reson why they (x) had to be in difrent hotel than others on tours.

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 04:43:58 AM
yeah,I am also know their name from Luna Sea memorial album,I never thought that they have connection with hide and Taiji,I think I am interested to know them more.
Can I find any sample of their music like in youtube since mC said it's hard to find their info in english?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:38:43 AM
Well, here is a famous song of theirs from 89, Gloria:

I like their style a lot.

Also here is a song from the Morishige's solo career, one of only two songs of his that I can actually find in YouTube, but his Greatest Hits album is definitely worth buying.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:24:25 AM
That chorus of Gloria kinda reminds me on chorus of nexus 4 (l'arc)

Offline lucy_bkk

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 12:49:37 PM
interesting.. i will definitely check this band.  like to find as many Jrock band as possile.