• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Honto no Ai / TRUTH (13.08.09)

mC · 18274

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: July 11, 2009, 10:24:44 PM
Seems Toshi is releasing a new T-Earth album next month, available in both Japanese and English, being titled: 本当の愛 and Truth respectively.

On another note, he also appears to be releasing a new single on the same day!

UPDATE: There seems to be a new track preview up on the T-Earth MySpace page.....I'm getting excited!!!! Sounds pretty awesome....and different. Has a nice mix of genres. Too early to say this might be their best album so far?

http://www.myspace.com/toshiwithtearth

UPDATE2: The albums are available for pre-order from cdjapan.co.jp

TOSHI/Itsumademo  CDA
2381 yen US$25/95.84  Release Date:2009/08/13
Description:New release from Toshi inluding six songs.
URL
TOSHI with T-EARTH/Honto no Ai  CDA
3048 yen US$32/95.84  Release Date:2009/08/13
Description:New release from Toshi with T-EARTH inluding nine songs.
URL
TOSHI with T-EARTH/Truth  CDA
Description:New album release from Toshi with T-EARTH inluding "Honto no Ai (English version)," and more.
URL

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:21:00 AM by mC »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 12:11:01 AM
Thanks for the news!

This is my administrator color.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:16:43 AM
Damnit, he releases too much music - if only the majority was actually any good :P

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 12:30:20 PM
Damnit, he releases too much music - if only the majority was actually any good :P

haha that's unfortunately true

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:20:05 PM
I have liked both T-Earth albums this far...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:41:07 PM
Hmm, I must say that it has taken a while, but I have come to like both T-Earth albums too. I just feel that the songs are too long for the amount of material in them.

EDIT: New track sounds awesome!!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:04:53 AM by mC »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:14 PM
I'm not a big fan of Masaya's writing, it has some parts which are fairly melodic or musically interesting but on the whole it's pretty monotone or uninspiring.

My main issue with T-Earth's music is how badly and tackily produced it is. Masaya really isn't a good producer, he should use some of that sect money to hire someone who knows what he is doing.

And yeah, the T-Earth band is basically just a manufactured gimmick. The T-Earth "members" have no creative control, rarely feature on the albums and tend to come and go at random. I'm not a fan of this revolving door of Visual Kei musicians which is clearly just a ploy to boost album sales and earn a little extra cash for Masaya's healing world record label.

I guess that pretty much underlines the core philosophy of his sect. "Heal the world, heal the children - give us your money!".

Sorry if that offends some people.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 03:08:00 PM
A 2 minute sample of one new song from the new album is up on T-Earth's MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/toshiwithtearth

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 07:44:29 AM
Well that sounds quite true, considering there have been application forms for both T-Earth & GAIA put up on the official site for anyone to fill out......on another note, yet another preview of a new t-Earth track has been put up on myspace. Unfortunately....it sounds quite similar to other T-Earth songs but giving the way this and the other song goes....this album will have another different feel to it.....again I am uncertain about T-Earths stuff   :(

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:04 PM
The other new track (the second one down on the list) I really like, I love Toshi's low vocals, its the deepest vocals he's ever shown and it sounds really good, also he's reaching very high notes in this one as well. I know its only a temporary recording but I don't really like Toshi's screams in this one, it sounds like he's gargling slightly every time he does it, I'm getting a bit fed up with how inconsistent Toshi always is, he should really pull himself together seriously.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:52:56 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 11:30:29 AM
The other new track (the second one down on the list) I really like, I love Toshi's low vocals, its the deepest vocals he's ever shown and it sounds really good, also he's reaching very high notes in this one as well. I know its only a temporary recording but I don't really like Toshi's screams in this one, it sounds like he's gargling slightly every time he does it, I'm getting a bit fed up with how inconsistent Toshi always is, he should really pull himself together seriously.

If he was working with a GOOD producer, such bad vocal takes wouldn't make the album. He'd keep over-dubbing until he got it right.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 08:25:37 AM
The track list for the album is now available on his official site, here it is below:

01. 本当の愛
02. 感じるハート
03. こえてゆけ
04. 星よ眠れ
05. SAY YES
06. STOP IT
07. 失ったもの
08. 美しい空をください
09. 遥かなる自分

Interesting to note, track 8 was recently released on his latest solo album, so we can assume this will be the rock version, similar to how Toshi used the song Cherish in several different forms in both his projects. The supposed English version of the album, strangely has the same track list as above...

His latest solo single track list is also up, containing two different songs;

01. いつまでも
02. 変わらない真実

With a total of six tracks, I think it will also include the various version, instrumental, karaoke etc.

All in all....I'm excited!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 03:24:03 PM
UPDATE2: The albums are available for pre-order from cdjapan.co.jp

TOSHI/Itsumademo  CDA
2381 yen US$25/95.84  Release Date:2009/08/13
Description:New release from Toshi inluding six songs.
URL
TOSHI with T-EARTH/Honto no Ai  CDA
Description:New release from Toshi with T-EARTH inluding nine songs.
URL
TOSHI with T-EARTH/Truth  CDA
Description:New album release from Toshi with T-EARTH inluding "Honto no Ai (English version)," and more.
URL

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 11:10:58 AM

The track list for the English version of the album is finally showing up on the official T-Earth myspace.

1. TRUTH
2. TOUCHABLE HEART
3. SAY YES
4. REST NOW
5. STOP IT
6. LEAPING OVER HURDLES
7. LOST GIFTS
8. BEAUTIFUL SKIES
9. TRUE SELF

I am actually contemplating getting the English version now...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:36:34 PM by mC »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 01:31:20 AM
Samples of both official versions of 本当の愛, the Japanese and the English one (TRUTH) are now on http://www.myspace.com/toshiwithtearth

I really like Toshi's voice on these, he's got that kind of raw voice that sounds a bit gargly again, but it works this time, it sounded bad before. Toshi doesn't really do a falsetto at the end, more of an attempt at a high pitch screem, and it sounds good but there's something that's been annoying me recently with Toshi, I wish that when he's doing falsetto's and high pitched screams that we wouldn't try and produce it through a rough scream at the start because he'll never hit the really high notes if he doesn't teach himself to do proper clear falsetto's.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:33:22 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 08:53:41 AM
Another update, the official Toshi with T-Earth Site has been updated, including a new layout, and images of the the new band members. You can also see a studio recording of 本当の愛 being performed at the bottom right corner...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 12:59:49 PM
Toshi has put that video up on youtube, HD quality, he's also just uploaded another T-Earth video preview, 感じるハート and a preview video of his own new solo song いつまでも

本当の愛

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32QPBHpDJk

感じるハート

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VYgLO6adk0

いつまでも

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcdoiVTthnA
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:01:29 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 12:38:53 AM
For those of you who have a credit card, you can get both the Japanese and English version of his latest T-Earth album on hw-ch.com, along with his new video clips and new solo single, (which I think might be his best yet!)

The only big downside to this is that they are all DRM protected wma and wmv files...I think I will wait for the physical releases thank you very much......STILL, you can hear previews of each song!

ben

Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 12:09:34 PM
You can pre-order the physical CDs from http://www.toshi-office.com/
I pre-ordered the two T-EARTH albums and TOSHI single from there. It is expensive, but I don't buy much new CDs these days anyway.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:15:24 PM by ben »

ben

Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 12:39:12 AM
today i got a package from Japan with my pre-order, all three cds, some nice pens and Toshi's signed photo.. nice to get this after a bad week at work.. maybe ill put a review up after i listen to it?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 01:26:43 AM
That'd be great! :)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 08:33:05 AM
today i got a package from Japan with my pre-order, all three cds, some nice pens and Toshi's signed photo.. nice to get this after a bad week at work.. maybe ill put a review up after i listen to it?
Lucky! I thought that the official Toshi store only shipped around Japan?

ben

Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 03:35:29 AM

Lucky! I thought that the official Toshi store only shipped around Japan?

It depends what you are getting but CDs, photos etc they should be able to ship any of them.. this information isn't on their website - it is in Japanese and information there relates to those in Japan.. the way I found out was first I emailed HW-CH (where they put the videos up & the online downloads), and they redirected me to someone who works at Toshi's office who speaks English (this accounts for delays in replies to enquires because I think this person is the only fluent English speaker), and was told they can ship anywhere that their postal service allows, so you just give them your address and they give you a quote of what services are available and how much..

So, if you are interested to buy anything, send an email to this address toshioffice@iyashi-no-concert.com and tell them where you are from and what you want to buy, and you'll get a reply.. but give them a few days to reply.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:37:03 AM by ben »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 09:23:23 AM
Cool, thanks so much for the info!

ben

Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 12:55:29 AM
oh, its no problem at all, i hope it helps you.

although as a suggestion, if you are after his CDs, wait and see if they go up at CDBABY, you can buy the CDs there cheaper or if there is MP3 download available, it is cheaper than iTunes and you get all the mp3 files without any DRM or other file restrictions

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 10:52:09 PM
Yea, I have been looking at the prices on CDBABY, and will definately be getting the T-Earth DVD from there, as it is way cheaper than any site in Japan, shipping included!

Also, just got the new album yesterday, so cool! favorite songs so far are Say Yes and 失ったもの...(Track 7 :P)

ben

Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 11:48:24 PM
yeah thats right.. ill get more Toshi's solo music from there at some point.

i was meaning to do a small review of the album.. but i can say it's not as ultra rock as it was told to be.. the first two songs are pretty up tempo rock.. and there are some other guitar driven bits here and there but most of it is synths, piano and bass.. but its nice easy listening if you don't mind something like that..nice melodies and i like the layers of synths.. some of it almost sounds like 80s pop.. Toshi's voice sounds great though

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:21 AM
Ha, I am waiting to hear what more people think of it. For me, it is the first album from T-Earth that I have gotten into right away.

Some quick facts on the new album that I found out from the booklet; wanku sings the chorus parts on Say Yes; Kain was the studio bassist for the recordings.....interesting. I am wondering why Riku wasn't the studio drummer, considering he was chosen to be in the band before Kain...well he was announced first....

ben

Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:44 AM
Ha, I am waiting to hear what more people think of it. For me, it is the first album from T-Earth that I have gotten into right away.

Some quick facts on the new album that I found out from the booklet; wanku sings the chorus parts on Say Yes; Kain was the studio bassist for the recordings.....interesting. I am wondering why Riku wasn't the studio drummer, considering he was chosen to be in the band before Kain...well he was announced first....

I like it, but at this point there isn't one particular song that has stood out to me.

And I think for the last album at least, they didn't have a studio drummer either. Don't know why.. maybe Toshi doesn't want to take the kids school/study time away

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 10:05:49 PM
I've just listened to 'Hontou no Ai' ... GREAT album!! xD

I love 'SAY YES' so much! It sounds like an Anime Soundtrack from late '80s xDD

none of your business ...