• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 114760

Offline DrBanxon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: March 15, 2011, 05:54:45 PM
http://www.emimusic.jp/intl/news/?rssno=1002
I think this explains whatever is going on, can someone translate?

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #271 on: March 15, 2011, 07:03:45 PM
It just explain that all ordered products will not be shipped before a long time, nothing X related

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: March 15, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
I wonder what excuse they'll give this time for the delay... it obviously cant be the earthquake, as this happened only 4 days ago when the single would have to be ready for sale. Also, it is an American release and we hadnt heard anything about prices, pre-orders, etc etc

hi there

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: March 15, 2011, 08:10:15 PM
what excuse? can´t remember ever before got one for whatever was delayed or postponed,
like I said earlier on this board I´ll wait till x-mas...

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: March 15, 2011, 09:53:01 PM
"This time the "northeastern Pacific Ocean earthquake, " people have been affected by the sympathy I would like to respectfully.

Delivery of the product for sale will be released 30 days of March 23 will be postponed.
There is the possibility of change for subsequent delivery of product launch.
For more information, thank you confirm that you this site.

We wish the reconstruction of the affected areas as soon as possible.

March 15, 2011

EMI Music Japan Inc."

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: March 15, 2011, 10:29:17 PM
As relevant as that information is, Goskins, technically it should not affect the release of Jade which MORE THAN LIKELY will be digitally released since there has been absolutely no mention of a CD-single for it. I still stand with my idea of what has happened.

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: March 15, 2011, 10:47:30 PM
the same like Feudal, seems to me, that EMI is using the earthquake as an excuse

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: March 15, 2011, 11:06:15 PM
Let's see people... first of all, that EMI thing has nothing to do with the single as that is EMI Japan and it is an AMERICAN RELEASE.

Secondly, It was supposedly announced it would be a CD release, as it was said it would be the first single since The Last Song, and since I.V. had been released before, I guess that means it's a CD release. The important thing here is that since they announced it, we havent heard anything about the single: prices, pre-order, b-sides, cover, etc etc

hi there

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:12 AM
Let's see people... first of all, that EMI thing has nothing to do with the single as that is EMI Japan and it is an AMERICAN RELEASE.

Secondly, It was supposedly announced it would be a CD release, as it was said it would be the first single since The Last Song, and since I.V. had been released before, I guess that means it's a CD release. The important thing here is that since they announced it, we havent heard anything about the single: prices, pre-order, b-sides, cover, etc etc

Good observation, it didn't clue in for me, when I read "since The Last Song", that it would be a CD-single. All the better! However, that means it may be a lot longer to come out since they could have a digital release done in no time. Hmmmmmm

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: March 16, 2011, 05:31:22 AM
Well, no surprise here... -_-

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #280 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:31 AM

This is my administrator color.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: March 16, 2011, 08:56:12 AM
I honestly doubt X Japan or EMI is just trying to lag on the release of the single.

When your country is hit with a massive earthquake money isn't your first concern its the well being of everyone in Japan. Tons of companies like anime and manga are also delaying releases of anime episodes and mangas, video games which are huge revenues for companies and while the episodes, mangas and games are complete and ready to air, stream, sell its not a massive focus.

I am waiting for Jade like the rest of you, but honestly waiting won't kill you, there have been over a few thousand deaths and I mean just wow people getting worked up. Thats like people getting mad this weeks Naruto or Bleach wont be airing, it will happen but get over it. It will get done, I've read  Gackt, T.M. are postponing events and also doing charity events and concerts

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: March 16, 2011, 12:10:20 PM
I personally dont care about the release, to be honest. It's perfectly natural that for Yoshiki and the band supporting their country is the most important thing now. Music matters very much for me, but it passes into background when the situation becomes like this. And, according to the morning news, the situation in Japan IS horrible T_T

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: March 16, 2011, 01:41:08 PM
Look, no one here is denying that the situation in Japan isn't a horrible one, and that it should take priority. Waiting in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal...but I fall into the camp of people (as small as we may be) that is calling B.S. on that being the ONLY reason this release is delayed for the "umpteenth" time.

The earthquake happened this past Friday. Release should have been yesterday (Tuesday). If there was going to be a physical release, I highly doubt they waited that long to ship the CDs overseas to be distributed across the world in time, when the release was 4 days away. The discs should have been distributed all over the world already. Plus we had NO details other than a release date from months ago. Having no information about the single, coupled with their history of empty promises, is suspicious.

The only proof? Just look at their track record. Look how awful they've handled their own marketing and advertising in the US, which, in Yoshiki's mind, was supposed to be their next big achievement. How many times they've delayed things with NO WORD WHY. Wasn't Jade supposed to be released in October? Meanwhile, they're not even on the EMI website, and as mentioned previously, their single was not even listed as being delayed in that initial EMI report. And, no surprise, they haven't even given a replacement release date for "Jade".

I love X-Japan, and I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't. But realistically, when have they ever shown respect to their fans, especially overseas? It's great that we're getting new content, as few and far between as it may be, but have a little integrity. That report says X Japan is delaying the release to focus their efforts on helping with the crisis...as mentioned earlier, the surprise earthquake happened past the point that Jade should have been handed off. iTunes would just automatically release it, and the CDs would have already been shipped...so what efforts would they have been focusing on if they didn't decide to help out in rebuilding Japan? It obviously wouldn't be promoting for the single, since they haven't done a damn thing to promote themselves besides AGE, and we knew about that weeks before it happened. At this point, their integrity is already a joke. When you tell your fans you're going to do something, you do it, or you explain why. 9 times out of 10, we don't get an explanation from them. This time, we're told it's the earthquake.

I can understand (and actually agree with) postponing it out of respect for one's country. When 9-11 happened, a lot of things were delayed and postponed here in New York out of reverence, and I highly support this. But let's be realistic, this looks more like a case of them, once again, falling behind on their promises, and maybe worse, conveniently blaming it on the natural disaster. I hate to think the worst of X Japan, because my love for the band runs pretty deep, but I'm kind of shocked about the way they handled this.

Maybe it's a cultural difference, or everyone just deals with grief differently, but my first inclination in the wake of a disaster would be more along the lines of "we are not broken, we will rebuild, and keep moving forward". Releasing Jade, especially if it took no further effort on their part (again, would it have been ANY if it was completed and shipped/handed off on time?), would not have been considered disrespectful to the situation. Again, I support the decision if that's really the only reason, but personally, I'd want to press forward with something like that to boost morale and pride.

Just my two cents. No disrespect meant to anyone else's point of view.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:42 PM
Look, no one here is denying that the situation in Japan isn't a horrible one, and that it should take priority. Waiting in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal...but I fall into the camp of people (as small as we may be) that is calling B.S. on that being the ONLY reason this release is delayed for the "umpteenth" time.

The earthquake happened this past Friday. Release should have been yesterday (Tuesday). If there was going to be a physical release, I highly doubt they waited that long to ship the CDs overseas to be distributed across the world in time, when the release was 4 days away. The discs should have been distributed all over the world already. Plus we had NO details other than a release date from months ago. Having no information about the single, coupled with their history of empty promises, is suspicious.

The only proof? Just look at their track record. Look how awful they've handled their own marketing and advertising in the US, which, in Yoshiki's mind, was supposed to be their next big achievement. How many times they've delayed things with NO WORD WHY. Wasn't Jade supposed to be released in October? Meanwhile, they're not even on the EMI website, and as mentioned previously, their single was not even listed as being delayed in that initial EMI report. And, no surprise, they haven't even given a replacement release date for "Jade".

I love X-Japan, and I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't. But realistically, when have they ever shown respect to their fans, especially overseas? It's great that we're getting new content, as few and far between as it may be, but have a little integrity. That report says X Japan is delaying the release to focus their efforts on helping with the crisis...as mentioned earlier, the surprise earthquake happened past the point that Jade should have been handed off. iTunes would just automatically release it, and the CDs would have already been shipped...so what efforts would they have been focusing on if they didn't decide to help out in rebuilding Japan? It obviously wouldn't be promoting for the single, since they haven't done a damn thing to promote themselves besides AGE, and we knew about that weeks before it happened. At this point, their integrity is already a joke. When you tell your fans you're going to do something, you do it, or you explain why. 9 times out of 10, we don't get an explanation from them. This time, we're told it's the earthquake.

I can understand (and actually agree with) postponing it out of respect for one's country. When 9-11 happened, a lot of things were delayed and postponed here in New York out of reverence, and I highly support this. But let's be realistic, this looks more like a case of them, once again, falling behind on their promises, and maybe worse, conveniently blaming it on the natural disaster. I hate to think the worst of X Japan, because my love for the band runs pretty deep, but I'm kind of shocked about the way they handled this.

Maybe it's a cultural difference, or everyone just deals with grief differently, but my first inclination in the wake of a disaster would be more along the lines of "we are not broken, we will rebuild, and keep moving forward". Releasing Jade, especially if it took no further effort on their part (again, would it have been ANY if it was completed and shipped/handed off on time?), would not have been considered disrespectful to the situation. Again, I support the decision if that's really the only reason, but personally, I'd want to press forward with something like that to boost morale and pride.

Just my two cents. No disrespect meant to anyone else's point of view.

This is an EXACT compilation of my thoughts and feelings on the matter.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: March 16, 2011, 04:00:55 PM
Thanks for the support, Feudal.

And one more thing I just thought of. Jrockergirl, I don't mean to call you out or pick a fight with you or anything like that, but when a natural disaster like this occurs, it kills the economy. Part of rebuilding actually relies very much on making sales happen. I know you meant particularly X-Japan making money, but every little bit of business will help the country rebuild. That's why there's all the available methods of donating through the Red Cross and the like. Obviously those donations will do more good than purchasing an X-Japan single will, but the country needs to continue to do business as well in order to help rebuild the blow to the economy.

At least, this is my take on it.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: March 16, 2011, 04:01:06 PM
Honestly, I am VERY dissapointed in the discussions that I see here, I can't stand it ...

You are still discussing release from Jade etc ... with all what is happening in Japan the last days.
THAT should be discussed and be your concern, not a release from a single ...

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: March 16, 2011, 04:11:42 PM
Ann1958, this is a forum about X Japan... I think we can talk about our favourite band too...

StarWarsArtist made an exact compilation of my thoughts too. This postponement has absolutely nothing to do with the earthquake.

hi there

Offline autumnglitter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: March 16, 2011, 04:17:08 PM
I'd been waiting for the Jade release until I heard of the disaster and the situation that's following after that, I found myself not in the mood anymore - this was supposed to be a celebration and a happy moment. I understand if the release is not their priority at this moment, I'll wait.  I was expecting delays before the earthquake happened, anyway.

I think it's important to keep the people in Japan in general in high morale - what the various artists are doing with the charities events, I like that.  I'm impressed by the calmness and unselfishness the Japanese shown during this disaster, they can be proud for that reason alone...

Maybe if the proceed of the Jade sale goes to Japan relief, then it will make me excited for it now.    
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:19:38 PM by autumnglitter »

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: March 16, 2011, 04:20:03 PM
Ann1958, are you saying that because of what happened in Japan, we should stop going about everyday life and only discuss the natural disaster? If so, why are you even in this thread yourself? We should be allowed to discuss the goings-on of current events and how they relate to our interests. It isn't disrespectful. You make it sound like this is the first thought that came to mind for those of us that are annoyed. I made my donation the night I found out about the earthquake, and the people of Japan have been in my prayers ever since. If you can't stand discussing Jade in the Jade forum...why are you here?

If you read my post, my annoyance doesn't lie in the fact that the single was not released. My annoyance is with the fact that I seriously doubt X-Japan is being 100% truthful to their fans. Earthquake or not, X Japan doing this bothers me.

I'm kind of confused by the tone of your post. Here you are in the Jade thread, scolding us for discussing the Jade release. As mentioned with nearly every post, the tragedy in Japan should, of course, come first and foremost. At this point, we aren't claiming the fact that Jade's release should come first.

The last thing I want to do is start a fight over this, but I simply don't agree with the need to talk down about disagreeing with me or anyone else. This is the Jade thread. We are discussing the delay of Jade. No one is being insensitive or disrespectful about it. There's no need whatsoever to come off high and mighty about it.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #290 on: March 16, 2011, 05:39:33 PM
You are forgetting that in order to promote his new single, Yoshiki (or even the whole X Japan) should do a lot of promotion in the US. It's not like Japan, where everything they touch will sell out in a few days. Right now, touring the US and TV shows and whatnot wouldn't feel right. At all. If they'd release the single today, it would be left on the shelves for the weeks or months it would take for the situation to calm down enough for Yoshiki to be back on the track again.

Of course, another question is if the single was going to be delayed anyway or not, I can't argue for or against it without any further proof. But right now delaying the single might do more good than bad.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: March 16, 2011, 05:46:43 PM
You are forgetting that in order to promote his new single, Yoshiki (or even the whole X Japan) should do a lot of promotion in the US. It's not like Japan, where everything they touch will sell out in a few days. Right now, touring the US and TV shows and whatnot wouldn't feel right. At all. If they'd release the single today, it would be left on the shelves for the weeks or months it would take for the situation to calm down enough for Yoshiki to be back on the track again.

Of course, another question is if the single was going to be delayed anyway or not, I can't argue for or against it without any further proof. But right now delaying the single might do more good than bad.

Yes, delaying the single may be a good choice for them, however, it still does not remove the fact that we PROBABLY wouldn't have got the single, earthquake or not. There are too many factors that lead to them being untruthful to the fans. It doesn't matter what anyone says about it, Jade should be out now if they honestly had it planned to be. We've already analyzed the logistics of a physical AND digital release. There are really no excuses.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:53 PM
I'm not arguing that holding off on the release won't help it in the long run. I agree with you, it's possible that all the devastation will harm it more than help it, though I can't say for sure. I honestly believe it could go either way. But you kind of helped my point, Hypno. Yes, they SHOULD do a lot of promotion in the U.S. but haven't. They toured the US and didn't do ANY promotional work for it at ALL. Zip! And with the earthquake hitting 4 days before the supposed target release date, don't you think that if they were going to promote the single, they would have done it before it would be released within the following 3 days??

My argument has been, and will remain, that I believe the earthquake was an excuse to delay the single that they had no intention of releasing on the 15th. It's my opinion, and I'm not happy about how cynical it seems, but look at the facts and their long track record of empty promises. I have no problem with them NOW delaying the release day out of respect for their countrymen. It has nothing to do with my point. I just sincerely don't believe that was the catalyst that caused the delay in the first place.

Edit: Agreed, Feudal.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:52:16 PM by StarWarsArtist »

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: March 17, 2011, 07:18:14 AM
I suppose my attitude towards this is... I have faith in that the "Jade" single would've come out on iTunes and so on and would've been promoted as the first Single to the US.  Sure, I.V. came out a while back but it wasn't promoted(hell, it wasn't even on the soundtrack) but it wasn't endorsed as such, so it's unfair to say I.V. was the first single when it kinda.. Wasn't.  Was it the first track that was American oriented?  Sure, that's legit, but single? Nein, I Say.

Do I think Yoshiki has been... Hmmm... Fair with his words?  I don't know.  But here's the biggest difference... When albums are released in the states, they come out when the final date is released.  Very few people actually follow press releases and publicists information regarding release dates.  We're obsessed fans with a band that deserves to be obsessed over.  When a CD is pushed back in America for the most part, or when a movie is pushed back, so on and so forth It fades into the wind.  Example: the Thor release date has been tossed back and forth time and again without consequence because people don't care.  Yet, when Harry Potter was pushed back for almost a year, there was mass fandom rage, so your passion towards the delay with the defense of being an X fan has some merit and I endorse it.  Everyone on this board has every right to their own opinion with the delay of the X-Japan CD...

However, in the long run, one thing we have to consider is that there is a "small" group of people who follow X-Japan in the states and labor feverously over every update we can come across, every twitter and facebook post.. This is a scrutiny that most bands don't have to endure.

This is X we're talking about.  No matter how much this band has risen in their eyes or ours, we have to understand that there are factors in place here beyond that which we perceive- which I'm sure all of us do, not trying to be insulting at all here- and should appreciate as such.  I want an american X-Japan album as much as the next X fan, I want to see Jade on Vh1 and MTV, I want to know that the band that deserves recognition gets it, but being aggressive and negative towards this band will not resolve my place.

Tragedy or not, release or not, I love X-Japan and no amount of delays will stay my adoration.  From Vanishing Vision to the unreleased American debut, this is my band of choice, my hopeful expression of emotion, and will stand by the choices they make.  I understand it may seem silly and blind, I also am aware that not everyone will share my point of view and I absolutely respect that and will never scrutinize someone for it, but the fact that I was able to see X-Japan live and have the prospect to in the future.. Is like giving water to a dying man in the desert to me.

We are X.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:22:26 AM by ForeverFades »

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: March 17, 2011, 08:02:53 AM
I'll agree that more promotion should be/have been done outside of press releases and such like videos, magazines, itunes for the single release, that much is common sense for all musical acts new or old.

I felt there were a few people who seemed to be more about where is the song over, omg 1000's died.

Surprisingly the yen dropped in value and quickly raised to be strong again after the disaster but I think they should focus on the possible exploding reactor.

Here is my main guess, a song has to be hosted for it to be downloaded and Japan has had companies stay closed to help conserve energy, Konami, Square Enix Capcom and music companies are on hiatus currently so maybe the ones to host it are also doing the same, might also be a way to delay and we all know groups have done that in the past which does suck.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: March 17, 2011, 08:55:12 AM
ForeverFades, I disagree with a few of your points.

I sincerely doubt the goal of anyone here is to shake your resolve in the band. These are fan forums and we're all here for the distinct reason that we love the band and want to see them succeed, but that doesn't mean that, by a longshot, I am okay with feeling slighted as a fan. As fans, we have the right to speak our minds and voice our opinion, because frankly, without their fans, X-Japan would be nothing. No musician is as big a deal as they can be without their fans. Talent, skill, drive, yes, it's all important to how amazing X-Japan is, but without their fans, their success would be non-existent.

My problem, as I've stated elsewhere, is that X Japan has a long, long history of empty promises, and the reason they get away with it is because there are no consequences. Their fans are so loyal that they'll wait and wait and forgive every empty promise without an apology of any kind. While this is great for X-Japan, where does that leave us? Can you think of any other type of relationship where that would be fair? So then, why is it fair now? Trust me, I do respect your faith and devotion to the band. I'm faithful to them too. I'd never stop listening to them over this stuff, but that doesn't mean I'll look past everything without a reasonable excuse for broken promises. It's a matter of integrity. I have a hard time respecting anyone who doesn't follow through with what they say they're going to do (of course, barring unforeseen circumstances), why would I change my feelings of the matter for a rock band, you know? It seems more disrespectful to fans than anything. "Who cares, they'll still buy it whenever we decide to do it" sort of thing.

Again, I'm thrilled we're getting any content at all. The time since 2008 has been amazing for X fans because our wildest dream came true, X is back...but you'd hardly know it! They've been lagging on every single promise they've made ever since returning. Hardships are natural when a band like X has to face a brand new frontier, but frankly, it doesn't even seen like they give a damn. Where's all the promotional effort on their part? Where are the music videos they shot over a year ago, with songs that have already been completed? Where is the Jade single that should have been out in October of last year? Where is the "best of" album that was promised back in 2008? They HAVE followed through on a few things, which is great. I was lucky enough to see them here in New York and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. But that doesn't mean I don't feel a bit slighted as a fan.

X shouldn't be making promises if they aren't going to keep them. Plain and simple.

I also disagree with what you said about people not following release dates. Anytime someone is a big fan of something, they are inclined to follow it. I live in New York, and it's the norm here to wait in line all night, sometimes even for a midnight release, of music CD's, video games, and movies, of the most popular artists. I see no difference in those fans and the fans of X Japan, with the exception that the promotion we get for those other forms of media are much more easily accessible. When a new Linkin Park CD is coming out, you can't turn a corner in some parts of Manhattan without seeing a poster with a release date. This is because American mainstream entertainment markets themselves strongly and it's impossible to let it slip under the radar. Even when said big time artists have those delays, their eventual release hardly goes unnoticed. The reason that small percentage of X fans hangs off of every word is because Yoshiki and X have done a HORRIBLE job of promoting themselves since their return in 2008. Say what you will, for that aspect at least, they are doing a terrible job of reaching their target audience. Since their fans have no choice, they have to constantly keep checking for updates in the only places they'll get them.

Jrockergirl, I can really only speak for myself when I say that, as God-awful and tragic as the earthquake's aftermath has been, countries all over the world are pulling together and doing something about it, which is the best anyone could ask for. Ways to donate have opened up all over the USA (not sure how other countries are handling it) and volunteers from all over are on their way to Japan to help pull together in the wake of the travesty. As horrendous as the earthquake was, everything that can be done to fix it IS being done to fix it. Hopefully, there will be some positive notes in the history books when it's noted how immediate and strong the response was to the devastation. I hate to use the cliche, but it may very well be a triumph of the human spirit to help Japan hopefully bounce back as quickly as possible.

The reason the Jade debacle is striking a chord is because it's practically the exact opposite. NO, I am NOT saying it's a bigger tragedy or anything remotely absurd like that, but it was handled completely wrong, as usual. As mentioned earlier, X being X and the rest of us being okay with it. However, from this point on, I support the decision 100% to postpone the release until an appropriate time...so long as they follow through with whatever date they promise. The single should be finished already, there's no excuse for another delay once a new date is announced.

And on a personal note, Jrockergirl, I read that you lost friends in another thread from the earhquake. My deepest condolences to you and their families.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: March 17, 2011, 12:10:29 PM
I’m afraid my opinion may offend somebody, but I must say this… anytime I hear smth like ‘they are nothing without their fans’ it gets on my nerve, honestly. Everyone has their own quirks, and this one is mine. The case is that I hear similar words from fans of various bands\musicians, as if fame and popularity were the only things worth fighting\working for. C’mon, there have been so many artists\authors\scientists\inventors etc. who weren’t acknowledged in due time, but this didn’t diminish their talent in any way! We might or might not like them, but their intelligence, skills, ability to touch one’s heart ARE the most important things….. with or without admirers.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to be offensive or argue with anyone, just wanted to share my thoughts.
I do understand, however, that previous ‘broken promises’ hurt some fans and made them feel like treated with disrespect. I’m sure that all the postponements weren’t mean to outrage smb, so let’s just try to be patient.
Also I wanna express my sincere condolences to people who have lost their friends. My prayers are with you and Japan. Take care.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:22 PM
I was careful to word things the way I did. End of the day, X Japan are musicians who make their living off of making music. If the music wasn't popular with fans, who pay money to support this career, it would not have brought them the lifestyle they lead. I didn't say it was the only thing worth working for. The talent and the drive are there, but if people aren't supporting them financially, how far would you get in the music business? Look at half of the American entertainers out there. Most of them don't have a fraction of the talent X does, but they make it so far because of their fanbase. I DID mention that their talent and skill were ever present and essential to the formula that is X-Japan.

I'm not saying they owe us, their fans, anything more than respect for collectively providing them with very comfortable lives. And the constant empty promises, one after another, hardly feels like respect. I agree that patience is necessary for these things, but X has let disappointment after disappointment slip through the cracks with no apologies, as if the promises were never made in the first place.

I'm not offended by your post, XVikyX, but I think you might have misunderstood my sentiments.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: March 17, 2011, 02:37:31 PM
I dig your lip flap, Starwarsartist.  I get your points, they are valid, I'm just a patient kinda guy and- I know you're as stoked as any of us that they're back together, don't think I'm sayin ' otherwise- don't incredibly mind the delays and feel there's more at hand than just "They don't respect their American audience".  And I know you weren't attempting to waver my feelings towards X, sorry if it came off that way. =P  Ontop of that, don't think that I feel X-Japan has been well promoted here AT ALL... No posters, no endorsing, nothing really to let us know that X is here.  Like I said, I honestly agree with all your jive, we just come from two different camps in how we approach it, I think.

I just figure things'll work out, I'll sit here waving a tiny X flag and hope upon hope that soon I'll see these guys taking over these here states.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: March 17, 2011, 03:01:07 PM
StarWarsArtist, I’m glad I didn’t offend you, and I can assure you that I understood your thoughts ^^ The thing is, as I’ve said, I simply have some problem with ‘they-are-nothing-without-us’-phrases, that’s why it caught my eye. I don’t wanna impose my opinion on you, I just tried to say that any real talent remains a real talent, with or without financial support. For example, there are not many X-fans in my country, and if I said ‘hey, X-Japan is sooo great!’, ppl would probably answer “huh? What japan?’ -_- but being unpopular here doesnt mean being less talented.

Yes, the fans give their love, strength, money etc.; and, regarding X as a famous band with unbelievably successful career, we can surely say the fans have been of great importance. Furthermore, without fans I’d have probably not know about X. On the other hand, we need them [the band] as much *at least* as they need us, right? it’s sort of two-edged weapon, you know….