• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 114757

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: January 28, 2011, 10:06:08 AM
Hm, so now it's summer. Well, IF it will be released in summer I'm gonna be happy.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: January 28, 2011, 03:28:44 PM
Hm, so now it's summer. Well, IF it will be released in summer I'm gonna be happy.

Late summer to be more accurate.

"...the band's as yet untitled American debut set for a late Summer 2011 release."

Source: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/20968/X-Japan-sign-with-EMI-Music.html

>~X~<

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: January 28, 2011, 07:04:14 PM
There is not a single sliver of me that is disappointed in this news.  I have dreamed for a reunion and wallowed in the impossibility, so just because there's a little hiatus doesn't bother me.  They have a contract, they have news, and they have solid dates, not "Late this year" or "early next year", it's straight up.  I hope it's honored.

But yeah.  This is great news.  And a 3 year contract shows some faith in this band, which is wonderful as well.  Let us not dwell on the fact that "Oh MAN, we have to wait a few more months, sunuvabitch", let's think "AT LAST, X-Japan in the rest of the world!"

Huzzah. :3

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: March 02, 2011, 04:11:13 AM
So anyway...isn't Jade suppose to be released in like...14 days on March 15th?...any new updates on that?

>~X~<

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:43 AM
I've asked at my local music retailers about the release, which I figured they'd know about 'cause it's EMI...but they're clueless. doesn't even show up in their databases...

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: March 05, 2011, 03:49:08 PM
Thats not really a reassuring sign, but i wonder if they have I.V on their database then? or is it not considered on official release yet? lol

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: March 05, 2011, 04:17:18 PM
It's not coming on March 16... We've heard nothing. Same old X, same old story. If they actually intend to do something they heap publicity ontop of it, like the US Tour or Lollapalooza. The cancelled shows in Paris and failed ticket sales prove my point.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: March 05, 2011, 06:04:32 PM
they still aren't even listed on EMI's website :/ I mean wtf man?

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: March 05, 2011, 11:38:46 PM
lol what you have expected from X Japan.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: March 05, 2011, 11:52:12 PM
Unless we get a 'surprise' release a la Radiohead, Im seeing another delay. Jade single in summer!!

hi there

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: March 06, 2011, 12:07:24 AM
also to think what can go in the summer

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: March 06, 2011, 01:06:13 AM
you are all so optimistic, they will keep it as a x-mas surprise

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: March 06, 2011, 02:21:36 AM
they still aren't even listed on EMI's website :/ I mean wtf man?

It may be more of a North American "distribution deal" as opposed to a standard record deal. Yoshiki likes to produce and manage things within his own means and esteem, therefore I'd deem it unlikely he'd sign away his schedual to a record label... Given that his schedual is ever-changing to his own wims and delays.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: March 07, 2011, 01:22:30 PM

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: March 07, 2011, 09:31:10 PM
Thanx again rafaelo, so I will be patient and wait till august if I got it right, and say no longer naughty words about x-mas presents

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: March 07, 2011, 09:40:15 PM
Wait, wait. So is the ALBUM out August 15 or the Jade single?

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: March 07, 2011, 10:00:16 PM
http://xjapanx.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/2761/
speech here March 15 is the single jade
I think this August should be the CD for this to launch it in the summer

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:20 PM
Oh ok, thank you. Scared me for a minute.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: March 07, 2011, 10:29:11 PM
I'm going to be dissapointed if Jade isn't released this month, even if it is just an iTunes release. However, I have a feeling that we won't be seeing any release this month...we will see.

Offline IronMaitallica

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: March 07, 2011, 11:53:04 PM
But keep in mind that this album was supposed to come out in summer of 2009. I'm sure as hell not going to get my hopes up for August. And also, I can't beleive it, but it's been over a year since the PV shooting in LA and we still haven't seen anything completed. That is some insane procrastination.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: March 08, 2011, 03:09:32 AM
But keep in mind that this album was supposed to come out in summer of 2009. I'm sure as hell not going to get my hopes up for August. And also, I can't beleive it, but it's been over a year since the PV shooting in LA and we still haven't seen anything completed. That is some insane procrastination.

I am actually very optimistic about the album releasing on time, this summer. Without a doubt, they have delayed EVERYTHING and I also recall them saying the album would be out summer 2009, but I ALSO remember Yoshiki saying it would be a "best of" album or something to that effect. Who knows how much production Jade, Born to be free, etc had at that time, not to mention all of the translated lyrics and the tedious work that comes with that. Also, they were not signed to any major label...now with EMI, things should be different.

Regarding the L.A. PV's, I think that was a complete waste of money/time judging by what has come out of it at this time. So far, they've released "X Japan Premium Prototype L.A." on DVD, which I believe is exclusive and may not be sold anymore and only in Japan. So all that huff and puff in L.A. and not a bit of it is released in North America? Come on. Also, the HORRID midi drums and old version of Jade used make it painful to listen to...not to mention Last Live playback for Endless Rain and Rusty Nail. I downloaded the DVD from a torrent and it's fun to see the production side of it all but the PV's are pretty meh.

It may sound selfish but all I really want to hear at this point is new material, the album finally released, more communication/coverage in North America, and most of all WORLD TOUR DATES!!

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: March 08, 2011, 07:09:58 AM
here is info of a press release sent out today:

"Yoshiki's band, X Japan, one of the biggest rock bands in Japanese history,
is currently recording what will be their first-ever album to be released in
North America.  The album's first single, "Jade," will premiere on March 15,
and the album will be out later this year."

so looks like we will have Jade on the 15th, and have to thank everyone for the lyrics. EMI won't be the type of company to let X Japan lag too much since i'm sure they had to put a lot of money down.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: March 13, 2011, 04:36:14 PM
i totally forgot about it until now, but with the release of Jade do you think they will be releasing the official PV for it as well? it seems like its been so long since they have filmed those lol

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: March 13, 2011, 11:21:20 PM
i totally forgot about it until now, but with the release of Jade do you think they will be releasing the official PV for it as well? it seems like its been so long since they have filmed those lol

It's hard to call, given that we've heard so little about the single apart from a release date.

I have a feeling it all may be postponed due to the problems in Japan right now. Yoshiki has already said he plans to stay in Japan for quite some time until the crisis has been resolved somewhat.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: March 15, 2011, 06:39:04 AM
Here I sit, partying like Pata (got a bit of our ol' friend Jack in my cup) awaiting the 23 minutes away until my time zone passes the Ides of March point... =P  Here's to hoping.. -=raises glass=- Cheers to over half my life in waiting for these guys to break through my borders, be it the 15th or whenever it'll be.. But please be the 15th. >P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:56:21 AM by ForeverFades »

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: March 15, 2011, 06:59:35 AM
Here, here! Hopefully we'll finally get a small nugget from them...

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:18 AM
We all are pretty certain it's going to be an iTunes release if anything. Here's hoping that it was already set up and is just waiting to be released into the iTunes store automatically when the clock strikes 12?.....I really have no expectations about releases from X Japan anymore...which is kind of sad considering they are my favorite band, but with their track record since they reunited, I think a lot of us have settled into a rut, where we are happy with any tiny scrap that comes our way?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:58 PM
I'm not holding my breath for anything today as we're probably in for another let down. I'm not being ignorant of the big picture here, however, earthquake or not, there is no excuse for a single to be delayed THIS much when it is in the hands of a major label like EMI for distribution. The song has most likely been completed months ago (to Yoshiki's approval) and is on some server waiting to go public. My guess is that due to the tragedy in Japan, Yoshiki has told them to delay the release of it. I want nothing more than the Japanese people to be free of danger and become stable again but the progress of X Japan for us on the outside is just flat out sad, when it comes to releases.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: March 15, 2011, 02:44:42 PM
All I can do is recall when X-Japan years ago was supposed to play in New York for a reunion show.. I followed the site of the venue, the vendor that was listed to sell tickets, everything to the letter, and then Yoshiki had injuries that needed to be tended to and it was postponed indefinitely.  I was disappointed and sad, but I didn't feel wronged.  The band did what they had to do.  If Jade comes out today or not, I know it'll be coming out soon and so will the album.  I dunno, perhaps I'm just an accepting sorta dude.

It also calls into question, since a lot of X fans on here are younger and not from Japan, what was the release schedule adherence from X-Japan like in the early years?  Did they keep a tight ship and release on the day or is it like it is now, with a loose outline of hopeful release dates?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: March 15, 2011, 04:11:58 PM
All I can do is recall when X-Japan years ago was supposed to play in New York for a reunion show.. I followed the site of the venue, the vendor that was listed to sell tickets, everything to the letter, and then Yoshiki had injuries that needed to be tended to and it was postponed indefinitely.  I was disappointed and sad, but I didn't feel wronged.  The band did what they had to do.  If Jade comes out today or not, I know it'll be coming out soon and so will the album.  I dunno, perhaps I'm just an accepting sorta dude.

It also calls into question, since a lot of X fans on here are younger and not from Japan, what was the release schedule adherence from X-Japan like in the early years?  Did they keep a tight ship and release on the day or is it like it is now, with a loose outline of hopeful release dates?

Yes, it's hard to feel "wronged" due to circumstances which are out of everyone's control, such as the health/physical issues. I also followed MSG site and anywhere I could for ticket information, until the day when we heard of the postponements. The fact that Jade doesn't seem like it will be released today is more of a problem than cancelling a show. For a song that has been in their rotation since 2009 and PROBABLY finished in production ages ago, to not be out when they are under a label like EMI is just insanity. I truly think it very well would be out now if it were not for the tragedy that is happening in Japan. I think Yoshiki probably called it off until things become more stable because a first single in North America is a big deal for them and they would probably want to be able to celebrate.

I'm SO tempted to contact someone at EMI to get some information because X Japan is not even listed on their artist list. Probably the best sources of information we have are Kenny Herzog from MTV, and X Japan's publicist, Heidi Ellen Robinson-Fitzgerald. Kenny Herzog recently interviewed Yoshiki and I talk to him every so often on twitter. The Q&A with Yoshiki is supposed to go live this week and also a separate Q&A about the tragedy in Japan is set to go live probably next week. According to their publicist, who I contacted yesterday, she said she has not been informed of any postponements or alterations to their activities, HOWEVER, Monday being the first business day since the disaster might yield some new information. I have a feeling we'll know more of what their plans are this week/next week.