• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 114721

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 17, 2009, 09:42:55 AM
Can someone please explain what that one line of Japanese lyric mean in English ? Thanks.

Ok my lousy Japanese translation, hope this helps:

自分で切り裂いた (JIBUN DE KIRI SA I TA)= cut myself open

胸の傷跡さえ = (MUNE NO KIZUATO SA E) = the scars of my chest

未来になる 迄 =(MIRAI  NI NARU MADE) will still exist till the future 

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:58:03 AM by holly.x »

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54:41 PM
That live version sounds shit. They're definitely capable of making something better than this crap. Even IV was better....

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #92 on: May 19, 2009, 12:14:08 AM
i love this song i still have to hear it a hundred times a day. i think its just as good as i.v. but still not as good as the older stuff but still its awsome its just there style now.

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 19, 2009, 03:53:23 PM
i think the 5/3 performance is not bad....

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 19, 2009, 07:38:01 PM
wearex316, yes, I am with you, I still have to hear it nonstop everyday!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: May 23, 2009, 05:53:48 PM
I've listened to it a lot and I can enjoy the song to a certain degree, but it's not the guitars that captures my attention, it's mostly Toshi.

It feels like the song is rocky just to be rocky, like Yoshiki wrote sometime ago, "I wanna rock!".  As Hurley previously pointed out, the guitar harmonies are missing, and I feel that there's too much emphasis on the chorus. Plus, the absence of a guitar solo saddens me.

They can do much better.

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 23, 2009, 06:19:37 PM
I've listened to it a lot and I can enjoy the song to a certain degree, but it's not the guitars that captures my attention, it's mostly Toshi.

It feels like the song is rocky just to be rocky, like Yoshiki wrote sometime ago, "I wanna rock!".  As Hurley previously pointed out, the guitar harmonies are missing, and I feel that there's too much emphasis on the chorus. Plus, the absence of a guitar solo saddens me.

They can do much better.

same..it's toshi made this song alive ~

Offline Eos

• Rookie
  • I'm not that Complicated, just M!zzundaztood!<3
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: May 29, 2009, 08:54:42 PM
Think this song is well in a raw form and the more hear it the more people will like it as I have found with new songs tends to happen. I notice a people think this song is about hide...I so never picked that up reading the lyrics hmm? Anyway its new and well new is good.

Whether its real or truth in a dream its still pointing my mind...

Offline violeta

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 31, 2009, 06:33:10 AM
This song's not more diffirent than I.V before,it belongs X-Japan 2nd Version's music style and i think i like it as well as I.V^_^

Don't ask me why....

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 31, 2009, 06:50:26 AM
Yes, X Japan's style in music has changed slightly, but bear this in mind; Yoshiki hadn't thought of composing music for X Japan for almost a decade. His taste in music, like every other person here, would have changed, in turn changing the style he composes in. There style needed to change to keep them fresh, making it easier for new fans to enjoy, and the fact that they have decided they want to try and break into the western market also changes things, i.e. more english songs and, as seen in most of their recent concerts, more english songs being exposed live, in particular, AOL and I.V.

Just my thoughts...

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #100 on: May 31, 2009, 10:20:47 AM
found a better live bootleg of Jade (May 2nd 2009)

you can hear Sugizo's guitar part ...

none of your business ...

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #101 on: May 31, 2009, 10:42:09 AM
I have the same sound in the live video of 3rd i've got ^^ But the vid is so cool =) thX

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline violeta

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: May 31, 2009, 02:08:43 PM
Yes, X Japan's style in music has changed slightly, but bear this in mind; Yoshiki hadn't thought of composing music for X Japan for almost a decade. His taste in music, like every other person here, would have changed, in turn changing the style he composes in. There style needed to change to keep them fresh, making it easier for new fans to enjoy, and the fact that they have decided they want to try and break into the western market also changes things, i.e. more english songs and, as seen in most of their recent concerts, more english songs being exposed live, in particular, AOL and I.V.

Just my thoughts...

uhm ne...i think your thought is not wrong at all..btw,i have a clearly discrimination between  X-Japan of past and current X-Japan,i think they both are diffirent and i accept them both but..don't accept that they're one!

Don't ask me why....

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: May 31, 2009, 02:30:30 PM
X Japan has grown too old to make songs about having sex and orgasms unfortunately. It'd be too weird to see them make a song about it now. It makes sense.

VV and BB were albums that were made when the band was relatively young, maybe in their twenties. Art of life came along and their sound matured. Then Dahlia came along and their sound changed a lot.

So it is only an inevitability that they would song different almost fifteen years after Dahlia. So we shouldn't set our hopes up for something in the vein of BB or VV, something along the lines of their last album is good enough.

Offline X_HOLICC

• View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 12, 2009, 05:52:33 AM
yeah jade is a piece of art
i love it

Offline Mii

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • LAST.FM PAGE
Reply #105 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:18 AM
I was very disappointed when I first time heard it.
Kind of growing now.. I think.  :P

We Are X! Since 2001!
Psychedelic Violence|Crime of Visual Shock
Last.FM|XFreak Moment

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 05, 2009, 11:09:47 PM
In the beginning I didn't really like it. I guess I was disappointed that it sounded so similar to Violet UK, and I didn't like the guitar solo.^^''' Well, I like the song now, eXcept the guitar solo xD and the lyrics is really beautiful :D

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 05, 2009, 11:41:18 PM
X Japan has grown too old to make songs about having sex and orgasms unfortunately. It'd be too weird to see them make a song about it now. It makes sense.

VV and BB were albums that were made when the band was relatively young, maybe in their twenties. Art of life came along and their sound matured. Then Dahlia came along and their sound changed a lot.

So it is only an inevitability that they would song different almost fifteen years after Dahlia. So we shouldn't set our hopes up for something in the vein of BB or VV, something along the lines of their last album is good enough.

The sound of the music and the way the riffs and solos are written does not always have to reflect what the lyrics are about, Standing Sex could easily have lyrics that aren't about sex but still work with the sound of the song, so I'm sorry but that's not a good reason for why the band's changed their style.

Also You're acting as if just because they're getting older they have to make music which represents their age/maturity, that's not true, also I feel Jade's & I.V's riffs are the only ones that feel immature of X' songs because they sound like they're trying to be cool. Once again I have to point out, Iron maiden, who are still making kickass metal tunes like they were in the 80's. Age should have no factor on what songs they make except for wether its physically draining, but that shouldn't be a problem either seeing as, again, Iron Maiden & heaven and Hell still do world tours with setlists full of classic metal songs and they're as old as 50-70 years of age.

I should probably stop commenting around the forums about this or it'll seem like I'm spamming or getting on a lot of people's nerves.

As for Jade, I've made my point clear about the new direction of X-Japan's live setlists and their new songs, however Jade is not bad, its okay, I think in the studio version they should speed up the riff, make it sound lighter (I'm no good with termanology), and majorly extend the guitar solo that Sugizo did on the 3rd of May version, give the song a long solo that suits the song, like how the Dahlia solo suited the song.

Yoshiki probably wont listen to any of this and the song will stay exactly as it is, but its worth trying to suggest something.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:43:49 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:56 PM
The sound of the music and the way the riffs and solos are written does not always have to reflect what the lyrics are about, Standing Sex could easily have lyrics that aren't about sex but still work with the sound of the song, so I'm sorry but that's not a good reason for why the band's changed their style.

what's your point?
Also You're acting as if just because they're getting older they have to make music which represents their age/maturity, that's not true, also I feel Jade's & I.V's riffs are the only ones that feel immature of X' songs because they sound like they're trying to be cool.

You misunderstood me. I'm not saying that because their older they MUST make songs that reflect their maturity. I'm merely observing and making inferences on why X is not making any songs reminiscent of their earlier years. The evidence which I have already provided through the sound progressions of their albums.

I should probably stop commenting around the forums about this or it'll seem like I'm spamming or getting on a lot of people's nerves.

You're getting on nobody's nerves bud, don't worry about it.

shane140

Reply #109 on: July 14, 2009, 12:43:38 AM
i like the lyrics but the guitar solo is mostly just noise :(, hopefully they can tweak the song a tiny bit and make it really good

EDIT: sorry didn't mean to say guitar solo, just the guitar
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 11:39:26 PM by shane140 »

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 14, 2009, 06:21:53 PM
i like the lyrics but the guitar solo, is mostly just noise :(,

You call that solo? :lol:

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #111 on: September 02, 2009, 10:24:39 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4dgbndAUWo[/youtube]

VERY GOOD analysis and interpretation of Jade!! I really wasn't happy about JADE at all! After I've watched this i both liked (because of all the deliberately references and simitarities which are in this song) and disliked (another hide tribute...) this song  :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: September 02, 2009, 10:39:29 AM
Luckily all the references to hide were withing the lines that are accurate, most of the other lyrics are completely wrong.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: September 02, 2009, 10:58:41 AM
I absolutely hate all the "X song" Experience clips on YouTube....so......ah!!!

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: September 02, 2009, 02:13:48 PM
Doesn't everybody know this is about hide? Why the need for speculation? Yoshiki openly said that when he visited hide's grave he received the inspiration to make JADE.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:05 PM
I didn't know Yoshiki said thatl....where did he say it? Though, I was sure it was about hide anyway...or at least, inspired by him.

About the video..is there anything interesting in it that I should know? I tried to watch it but the guy's voice and his calm and gentle way of talking got into my nerves and I stopped.....D:

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: September 02, 2009, 03:51:31 PM
^ I heard it on this forum. It was either in the May 2/3rd concert thread or in here.
Nothing of real insight was in that video. He just runs on for 3 minutes saying "yo-shee-kee" and how some of the lyrics sound similar (vaguely) to previous X songs.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #117 on: September 03, 2009, 06:50:13 AM
//Long Post// This is especially for Ashemanu, but for everyone else too, but I don't want to bore anyone.. So if you aren't interested in deciphered lyrics or a minor personal analysis, ignore this post.

Reference 1: http://vodpod.com/watch/1583942-x-japan-jade-live
Reference 2:
Reference 3: Suzuka filmgig: (1/2 way through)

I agree with Ulquiorra, the lyrics posted in the above video are, for the most part, very wrong. Whoever deciphered them appears unfamiliar with the nuances of English as a Mother tongue. It doesn’t help either that the Japanese have a natural propensity to mold English vowels and consonants so that a word like ‘Heaven’ comes out sounding like ‘Heboon’. The lyrics have also morphed slightly between May and the filmgig in Suzuka.

I spent about 5 hours listening to every stream I could find of this song, playing and replaying it, filtering it through my studio phones with their nifty gold wiring. I also spent a lot of time reading Toshi’s lips. In the end, sound quality is only as good as the actual recording, but with my nifty phones I was able to hear some of the subtle sibilants and soft consonants lost in the usual white noise of laptop speakers. I am also blessed with a system set up for top end quality, but even that didn’t help me on some of the lines. Toshi seems to have been learning the lyrics on the fly and changed them slightly one night to the next. I have marked these with a (?) and where there is a chance the word was plural, I marked it with a (s). Anyone with better ears than me who can get that one line or knows I am wrong? I would love you to fix this.

Jade by X Japan 2009
Deciphered - very slowly and inadequately - by Faestian

Step into the light to find the shadows (sometimes it is look through the light)
The flame (dream?) of life, feel it disappear
Sank into the thought of you with this hand (WTF? Yeah, I know, but it actually makes a teeny more sense than some of the others and if it is right it it could mean the writing of songs.)
Was it your secret?
Stop holding you here (your fear? He eats that vowel on the last word.)
Let memory, regret, die alone
Don’t need to be there,
Set your desires free, ’til you feel alive
‘Cause you are beautiful, your scars are beautiful, like the jade
You still shine, when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy (caused the way you breathed) This changes verse to verse it seems.

(?Okay, this line? I have NO idea and none of the others make any sense?) ...looking through the eyes of falling angels
Sink like a stone into the dark where no light can touch
Will God break my fall?
I feel the Mystery
Try (tries?) to take me along to the end of the world
Where I still believe: Jade

Hold your light
‘Cause you are beautiful
Your star was beautiful yesterday
I still hide in the stream of memories
Oh, I still hold my rosary beneath the ray of light. (veil of lies?)
Will the tears wipe the bloody face of love; will they take away the stains?
Float like the stars of the sky; locked (float?)in the ocean.
The Art of Life
Makes me wanna die in the colour(s) of Heaven (still not sure if ‘Heaven’ is right)

Another day has gone; another friend has gone into the flame
Its burning love:  (I used Holly.X’s translation here. Likely means loosely: "Guts me. The scars on my heart will last forever.")
“Cut myself open
The scars of my chest
Will still exist in the future”

Oh, ‘cause you are beautiful, your scars are beautiful like the jade
You’ll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy drives the way you bleed. (I read his lips on that one.)
Now and forever,
You’ll be alive (loved?),
Let your destiny
Lead your heart
My Jade

I remember in PoliSci when we analyzed Beatles songs for their political undertones and messages. Reading back over this thread, I am put in mind of those old debates. By Jade's lyrics hold far more personal emotion than any political message of course. I found the frantic pounding back beat of drums and guitar akin to the fury and rage I felt when my Dad died, and sometimes still feel; that beat is in perfect time to someone pounding their fist or forehead against a wall in rage. It also put me in mind of some footage I have seen of hide in a temper. Some people have complained that there isn’t enough guitar in the piece. I agree it, is unusual for an X song. But the more I listen to it, the more I find myself thinking that, if this is a song dedicated to a guitarist who was crucial to the band and its sound, a guitarist now dead, the lack of the usual looped in hide riffs and licks is only fitting and that the guitar that has been included sounds like a tempest of rage. Just mho however. I also found the subtle guitar 'solo' very Sugizo and very fitting. It is a new sound, so completely not hide. It is in the background, not quite hidden, but respectfully obvious. I have heard many people say it is time the band got past hide's death and progressed. Perhaps, with Jade, they finally are.
//End Long Post//   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:01:18 AM by Faestian »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: September 03, 2009, 08:40:18 AM
^ Great job, sounds correct from what I can hear.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: September 03, 2009, 10:49:43 AM
I'm sorry but I think your lyrics are inaccurate in a lot of areas as well, you have lines like "your stars are beautiful" when at no point in any version did Toshi pronounce the word with 'st' or an 's' at the end.

"Stream of memories" Toshi didn't pronounce it with a 't' in any of the versions, same with "bloody face of love" Toshi never pronounced it with an 'f' it was clearly 'th' and the middle section had a 'er' sound,  not 'ey' so how could it be 'face'? Its cleary 'thirst'.

You have several other mistakes like that in your lyrics, please listen more carefully, I'll post the lyrics of the second half I came up with earlier, also when trying to discover what the lyrics are from the second half of the song you should only listen to the new demo of the studio version.

sink like a stone into the dark,
where no light can touch,
will God break my fall?
I feel the mystery tries to take me alone,
to the end of the world where I still believe,
Together its (something something XD)

Cause you are beautiful,
your glow was beautiful, yesterday,
I still hide at the scene of memories,
oh I still hold my rosary,
beneath the veil of love.

Will the tears, wipe the bloody thirst of love?
will they take away the stain?
cold like the stars of the sky,
blood in the ocean, the art of life makes me wanna die,
in a colour of heaven.

Ah, another day has gone,
another friend has gone, into the flame,
its burning love.

(japanese lyrics)

cause you are beautiful,
your scars are beautiful, like the jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea,
Without the bleeding scarlet jealousy,