• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 114263

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: May 06, 2009, 12:17:32 PM
i love it and im tired of people saying it sucks i dont like this i dont like that then dont listen to it no ones making you listen to it. the bass line is sick finally a song that shows heath skills. the lyric are beautiful. you can tell the songs about hide. toshi sings it so well yea he messes up a lil because the song is NEW. i love the song so much i decided to name my baby JADE. remeber how many didnt like I.V. and still dont. plan and simple if you dont like it then just forget the song was even made while the rest of us rock the hell out.
People are allowed to criticise. X Japan is my favourite band and I sure as hell won't just shut up and forget if they make a crappy song, I don't want to hear crappy songs from my favourite band when I see them live etc. If it bothers you so much, just ignore the criticism, it's not aimed towards you anyways.

Mod color o' mine

Offline finndave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: May 06, 2009, 12:35:50 PM
It looks like other people besides me have the same kind of feeling as me.

I don't particularly dislike the song, but I don't think it's that good either.
When I.V. came out I initially was quite surprised since it was different from other X songs, but I slowly grew to like it.
The same is not happening with Jade, it just seems like a work in progress that hasn't been finished yet or something.

I don't know, maybe the studio version will be better.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone but I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter like Hurley and a lot of other people did.

I also miss the harmonic guitars and kick-ass drumming btw.
That's what got me into X in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:38:49 PM by finndave »

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #62 on: May 06, 2009, 01:05:08 PM
I understand wearex316. It's boring to see all the negative comments just because "it's not like before".

But of course, this is a forum, everybody can give their opinion, no prob, but I understand that sometimes some members are just bored or pissed off 'cause of all the negative comments. It's no big deal.

Personally, most of the time, I ignore the criticism. Each to his own taste. It's not because some people don't like the song that it means it's a bad song or that I can't like it.

I like X JAPAN as a band, I like its music, but I'm not analyzing every second of the song, I listen to it, I like it, or I don't like it, that's it. As it's a band I really like, if I don't like a song, I'll listen to it more to see if I like it better then.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #63 on: May 06, 2009, 01:11:52 PM
i know people are allowed to criticize. but im tired of it. everyone always gives them the shit end of the deal. you think its easy to sit at your friends grave a write a song. if yoshiki likes the song then really thats all that matters. and if you dont like it get over it and move on. not everyone likes desprite angel but everyone moved on. same with I.V. and tears alot of people hate tears but they just dont listen to it. Jade is there new song and theres nothing anyone can do about it. so you can compalne about the song and go nowheres or you can enjoy the song and be happy. but youll probably just yell at me and tell me not to listen to the critisim. which i wont listen. CAUSE JADE IS HERE TO STAY. MY JAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

sorry i dont want to piss anyone off but im tired of people talking down on X. whith all the problems that were going on with X. they dont need us to trash them they need us to suppot them. We are X so lets act like it. so stop trashing the song cause i dont like the intro or i dont like this. just enjoy it.
[/quote]
People are allowed to criticise. X Japan is my favourite band and I sure as hell won't just shut up and forget if they make a crappy song, I don't want to hear crappy songs from my favourite band when I see them live etc. If it bothers you so much, just ignore the criticism, it's not aimed towards you anyways.
[/quote]
there my favorite band too but every band has crappy songs. plus im sure this is not the first song you didnt like by them. and probably wont be the last.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #64 on: May 06, 2009, 01:15:59 PM
for everyone that likes JADE I uploaded the audio rips and the videos of both nights of the song

here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WYJCETKH

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:05 PM
not sure if that has been posted before but here are the lyrics for JADE

Jade -X Japan-
Lyrics

Roam through the life to find a shadow
The flame of light, feel it disappear
Sank to the darkness in it’s end
Was it your secret?
Stop holding your fear
Let memory regret, die alone
Oh will you be there,
There shows you how it’s free, ’till you feel alive
‘Cause you are beautiful, your scars are beautiful, Like the jade
You’ll still shine, when you sink into the sea
When all the bleeding scarlet jealousy goes away with me
Make dawn of mind without the night, looking through the eyes of fallen angels
Sink like a stone into the dark where no light can touch
Then go back my vault, I’ll be in mystery
Tries to take me alone to the end of the world
Where I still believe, Jade
Hold your light ‘Cause you are beautiful
Your glow was beautiful, yesterday
I still hide, at the scene of memories
Oh I still hold my rosary beneath the way of life
Will you feel where the bloody face of love to break away, escape
Flows like the stars of the sky
Walk in the ocean out of mind
Makes me wanna die together as heaven
Ah, another day has come, another self has gone to the flame
It’s burning love
自分で切り裂いた 胸の傷跡さえ 未来になる 迄
‘Cause you are beautiful, your scars are beautiful like the jade
You’ll still shine, when you sink into the sea
While all the bleeding scarlet jealousy goes away with…
Our love forever, You’ll believe, Leave your mystery, In your heart
My Jade

i was at the 5/3 concert...my first time hearing JADE
before 5/3, my friends told me it is a rock-ballad-rock-ballad-fast-slow-fast-slow song....
no idea how it would be like

but then...when i heard they played it live....my brain just went empty (though i was still waving the light sticks like everyone else did...)

my feeling was
intro >> ok...great intro
toshi started to sing >> ok...that's I.V. style...shd be great
then came to the chorus >> .........blue sky heaven ?!???!!

i didnt like it at the first time honestly....a bit disappointed
but when i was home and youtubed that again
i started to like it ( i dunno if i m biased...like if the song was sang by another band...emmm..e.g. luna sea..would i still like it as i do now...)

some people critized toshi's voice and vocal range....emmmmm...i thought...this song seems sounded plaine though...that was somehow difficult to sing as you gotta hold the high notes and the interval was pretty wide ~ so i would give credit to toshi for his vocal work to make this song more alive ~~

after reading the lyrics...i gotta like it more....i dunno ~ i thought that's sth related to hide ??? i felt their love to hide in this song ~

did yoshiki say anythg abt the story of JADE ?? ~

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: May 06, 2009, 01:59:43 PM
So there are going to be 4 new songs and 2 versions of the CD (Japan - more japanese lyrics and overseas)

1 new song(+I.V., Jade, Without you) or 4?:):):D?

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #67 on: May 06, 2009, 02:11:30 PM
anyone hear of a date for realese yet? i gotta say so far this year is gonna be the best new X songs new X album X in the US and im gonna have a baby it all equals one hell of a year. i cant wait. maybe the album realese and my baby being born happens on same day. that be awesome anyway sorry to get offtopic.

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #68 on: May 06, 2009, 02:16:18 PM
About the chronic disease such as the cervical disc herniations and the vaginal synovitis「It is safe. It is feeling because it strengthens the body that has been forged for ten years. 」

Good to hear Yoshiki's vagina is still intact. Keep doing those kegel clenches, my boy.

It seems the overall reaction to JADE has been "meh". At least it's something I suppose. I still keep hoping for X to pick themselves up and get on with it.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: May 06, 2009, 03:25:05 PM
@wearex316: use commas, please T_T

hi there

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:08 PM
@wearex316, we are all X Freaks and we love X, that's why it brings us all together to this very forum : to share our love and support to the band.   ;)    Surely, everyone here has his/her own favorite or dislike, and we are free to say it out loud (isn't it the spirit of X?)  So, hope that you won't get too upset if some of us said something negative about the song.Personally, I don't like some parts but I still like the song, that's why I have listened to it non stop for 3895479879 times.   

Good to hear that you will name your baby Jade, it's just a beautiful name!  (you may consider to print the baby room in green, it I were you, I will do so!)  ::)

@holly.x : thanks for posting that yahoo link and the translation..... ha..ha... after reading the whole thing, I have no idea what I've just read... ha..ha..  ;D  ;D  ;D   But, the last line caught my attention:  are they going to release the album in two versions??  :o  one with more Japanese and the other English??? anyway, I am sure all of us will buy both. I hope that we will get more news about this soon......

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #71 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:18 PM
i know and im sorry if i upset everyone but i really wasnt talking about anyone in this forum. i was mainly talking about the comments i read on youtube and xradicaldreamers. just seems like everywhere i go someones trashing them for this song. and like everyone i didnt like it at first but as i kept listening to it it just seem to get better. and it just sucks cause you really cant judge this song until a studio version is realesed.  and to make things worse im arguing with someone on wether they should keep using hide's playbacks. which they should by they way.
so sorry once again.

and thats an awesome idea. i think i will do just that. Jade would make a beautiful color for a room.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #72 on: May 06, 2009, 11:36:36 PM
i just got a Lil info on the song. someone just told me this. but a lil while ago yoshiki had an interview where he said he wants to write music that will help suicide victim families. and the lyrics definitely fit that.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: May 06, 2009, 11:52:14 PM
^i think that somebody mixed two things, one is creating some charity thing about suicide which he said before the hk shows and another one is music for therapy in hospitals, something he says he will do when he retires

and it wouldn't make sense yoshiki composing songs about no-suicide, when he has songs like I.V. (should i trade the breath of my life for freedom?)

oh, and if you have any problem with xradical, say it there, not here
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:55:46 PM by darkcat21 »

hi there

ben

Reply #74 on: May 06, 2009, 11:57:14 PM
I've been listening to this more and trying to actually listen to whats going on musically rather than the performance of the song, and it sounds good, the orchestration, the heavy guitar riffs, the melody.
It's disappointing that people are being so negative about the song, based on a rough first performance.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: May 07, 2009, 12:23:24 AM
Well a "rough" first performance is all we have to base our opinions on. I for one am sure that they will make this song better in the studio as well as the lives. There definitely room for improvement on the song, and I'm sure Yoshiki is aware of this and will do his best to make the song better.

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 07, 2009, 05:45:06 AM
magucathy, yeah Yoshiki said there will be 2 versions of albums.  actually that's excite japan's translation and it's too long to type it myself in English.  Never knew the translation was that bad.  But the story basially mentioned Yoshiki wrote  lyrics of the song in a day May 1 last year after he went to hide's tomb and the final recording/mixing was completed in a day before the concert.  dunno if the 4 news songs including Without You, IV, Jade and one other song but more english songs on overseas version.

He also mentioned that despite his injury records, he's been doing a lot of strengthening exercise so he hoped that's ok and he's looking forward to the concerts.  And he hope that he could sign more contracts for the TD concerts even they had done that 18 times, a record as well. 

Oh I want that too.  Have been missing Tokyo Dome a bit. cant wait till the next concerts there myself.  hopefully they will perform at the Osaka Kousien as planned in October.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 07, 2009, 06:30:11 AM
Okay... correction... THIS first hearing of Jade... isn't what I would have hoped it to be.

I don't expect the traditional X sound... but I also didn't expect an amature sounding song from a very mature band

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

ben

Reply #78 on: May 07, 2009, 06:53:19 AM
Come on guys.. OK maybe it could have been rehearsed stronger.. but then again, no matter how many times you practice, I'm sure they would still feel some pressure when playing it for the first time. Yes they are a very mature band as Ryo-Ohki said, but the first time Guns N' Roses started playing "Chinese Democracy" songs live, they didn't all sound so perfect either.

(And just for the record, I am not criticizing GNR, they are probably the only other band that I am enjoying following as much as X Japan now.. just pointing out a similarity here..)

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #79 on: May 07, 2009, 08:46:59 AM
So true about GN'R !

Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy second time played live :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVmMggJaMk4[/youtube]

Compare it to the final version o_O they added a long intro, they added a second lead guitar during the whole track, they changed a bit the drums, they added a second guitar solo etc... etc...

But well, this was in 2001, the CD got released 7 years after !!!

I doubt JADE will change much if the CD get released this month ! And well, I don't care as I like it how it is :D

And be, you have great musical taste ;D

ben

Reply #80 on: May 08, 2009, 02:07:00 AM
Thanks Lucs you too :)

But the point is that, even the first time they played "There Was A Time" at Hammerstein, it sounded messed up, and the second time they played it at Madrid or wherever it was, it didn't sound so great either. And the arrangement of the song has not changed much compared to the song "Chinese Democracy".

Sorry for going slightly off the topic here other X Japan fans, but I'm just trying to point this similarity here. It's not fault of X Japan. Many bands have similar issue. Even Metallica, when they played "Death Magnetic" songs live the first time, sounded sloppy.

Anyway, so the point is, give them more chance, and I know that the more they play it, they will become more confident with it.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 08, 2009, 02:35:31 AM
Thanks Lucs you too :)

But the point is that, even the first time they played "There Was A Time" at Hammerstein, it sounded messed up, and the second time they played it at Madrid or wherever it was, it didn't sound so great either. And the arrangement of the song has not changed much compared to the song "Chinese Democracy".

Sorry for going slightly off the topic here other X Japan fans, but I'm just trying to point this similarity here. It's not fault of X Japan. Many bands have similar issue. Even Metallica, when they played "Death Magnetic" songs live the first time, sounded sloppy.

Anyway, so the point is, give them more chance, and I know that the more they play it, they will become more confident with it.

I agree 100%. You can tell, by listening to both performances of JADE that the second night had improved already, with the drums sounding more in line with the guitars compared to the first night.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #82 on: May 13, 2009, 10:01:25 PM
I found those lyrics :

Walk through the line to find a shadow
Look it out of my life, feel it disappear
Sank in the dark where nothing was helped
Was it your secret?

Stop holding your fear
Let memory live and die alone
All you need is to be there
Let your desires scream
Until you feel alive 

'Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful like a jade
You still shine
When you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Cause the way you'll be

Make wounds on the mind without your light
Looking into the eyes of fallen angel
Sink like a stone into the dark
Where no light can touch

You're gone
Break my fault
I feel the mystery
Tries to take me along
To the end of the world where I still believe

Close your eyes
'Cause you are beautiful
Your flowers are beautiful yesterday
I still hide
At the scene of memory
Oh, I still hold my rosary
Beneath the days of life

Feel the tears
What is a bloody phrase of love?
You'll then take away, to escape
Flow like the stars of the sky
Walk in the ocean
The art of life
Makes me wanna die in color of heaven

Ah, another day has gone
Another self has gone into the flame
It's burning love

自分で切り裂いた胸の傷跡さえ美麗になるまで

'Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful like a jade
You still shine
When you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Cause the way you'll be

Now and forever
You'll be alive
Left your mystery
Beloved my jade

They look like they are correct

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 13, 2009, 10:17:52 PM
where did you found it?

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #84 on: May 14, 2009, 03:49:57 PM
On a japanese blog called X experience or something (too lazy to check the name ^^')

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #85 on: May 14, 2009, 05:55:16 PM

This is my administrator color.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:28 PM

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: May 16, 2009, 05:05:13 PM
I hope they do a full Japanese version and an English verison of the song.  The single line of Japanese lyrics are my favorite and most beautiful part of the song yet Yoshiki wrote in japanese... XD

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: May 16, 2009, 09:12:58 PM
Can someone please explain what that one line of Japanese lyric mean in English ? Thanks.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 16, 2009, 09:47:03 PM
I think those translated lyrics are to engrish, not the proper lyrics, Yoshiki's english is too good now for him to right lyrics with lots of engrish sentances, he's written many Violet UK songs in english that make a lot more sense, and I.V's lyrics made a lot more sense then these translated lyrics.