• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 114266

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 12:42:44 PM
I dont know what to think about JADE, it's kind of in the same style of IV.

The main guitar riff souns kind of uninspired and like it was not made or thought up by a guitarist, where as the (pre)chorus sounds really grand and amazing with strings and all. Its making me think it's a Yoshiki song. He's just not that good at making guitar riffs. I also really dont like the guitar sound.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 01:54:54 PM
Wow. This sounds like an anime theme song or something.

HEY!!!Watch your mouth.......dattebayo!!

xDDDDDDDDDDDD

PARTY HARD

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 02:21:23 PM
Someone on JRR said that they're suffering from not having a dedicated full-time guitarist and Jade is a perfect example of this.
You don't think Pata is one?

He doesn't contribute to writing the songs in the way that hide did.

So? He's still a dedicated full-time guitarist, and who knows maybe he will contribute more in the future, or Sugizo will bring up some ideas for future songs.

I think you're missing the point. I figured that people would be able to tell from the context that I was referring to hide's role which included writing/contributing to songs.

I totally agree with you fri... that's why I have been feeling kinda low and down. That was my feeling with I.V. then and now with jade. Don't get me wrong though, people. It is still is X Japan no matter what.

Maybe Mr. Yoshiki is gearing away from the old or former sounds he used to make and is moving into more... I don't know how to describe it... adaptable??? or acceptable to todays generation?

We know for sure SGZ's music, as well as Pata's and Toshi's, and they are unique in their own rights. Back then, the individuality of hide was easily recognizable and it stood out through his solo career but at that time his songwriting/contributions had also blended well with Mr. Yoshiki's X music.

Today, I am hopelessly looking for that kind of music and I know it ended there with hide. I just hope that SGZ and Pata and Toshi could add more spice to the future songs of X Japan.  But still.... we are >>>>>>> X

Hey don't forget Heath! :D

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 03:30:06 PM
ohh yah... I stand corrected... thanks obi325

also Heath....

Offline MisterEN

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 05:43:32 PM
The first thing that popped into my mind when watching this song was when Dahlia was preformed at the year end 1994 concerts. The song is very unpolished and still needs some work. but as we all know Yoshiki takes forever writing songs so it was nice that they did preform it almost to say "Yes we are working on something, please be patient".

I think alot of the complaints about the song are well founded, but really can't be addressed. Yoshiki has been writing Violet UK songs since X Japan disbanded, so its not a huge shock that the song does infact sound like a Violet UK song.

The problem of the song sounding plain stems from two issues:
A) Hide no longer present as a song writer and as a result the guitar sounds quite boring, this can be fixed assuming Sugizo is allowed input into songs.
B)Toshi's vocal range isn't what it used to be (obvious from the preformance of Dahlia), this isn't necessarily a bad thing but Toshi does need to work on smoothing out his voice.

As I said it really isn't a bad song persay, but it is very unpolished, I'm sure it'll sound better towards the end of the year

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 07:19:18 PM
Actually you could easily look at the 2nd day of the Hong kong lives and see that Toshi's vocal range is basically just as good as it used to be.

Just because he messed up on a song doesn't mean his vocal range is gone, never the same, can't be done again. We've heard him singing high ranged songs and even some of dahlia at the hong kong concerts and he sounded as good as ever, and apparently his voice improved a lot on the 3rd of May.The problem he had with Dahlia on May 2nd was the same problem he had with Silent Jealousy in 12/30/1993. Toshi just seems to have days where his voice randomly craps out, and days where his vocal range is perfect, that's the way Toshi has always been.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 11:02:15 PM
Meh, the the song is OK. Not what I hoped for though. Hopefully this is just like the first version of scars. They'll tweak it and make it better. But yes we need a big old injection of old X into this bland music era...

ben

Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 12:24:24 AM
It has potential but this live version is very rough. Of course its the first time that they have played it live.
When we hear a studio version I think we can grasp/understand the song better. 

I think if we heard "I.V" played live first before the studio version then we might have felt the same way about that song.

Offline Rafaell

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Mizerable
Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 01:29:05 AM
Maybe X Japan should have spended the year(s) after the reunion in the studio instead of this world tour thing, that is just an asian tour. First releasing I.V on itunes, not even as an normal single, and now playing this new song live that doesnt sound more than "half done". Concerts with the setlists that could have been from 1994, i dunno. I wish there would be more new stuff, or atleast finished stuff. I know Yoshiki is a perfectionist and thats why we never get any new singles or albums, but Jade sounded live like he had composed it on a single afternoon when he had a hangover. But i like the chorus WHEN its a studio version with alot of string arrangements.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:35:39 AM by Rafaell »

Offline DrBanxon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 01:48:44 AM
Am I the only one who likes it? Not everything these guys make have to be perfect ya know >.>
Anyways, we haven't even heard a recorded version yet. Stop complaining.
Also has anyone heard this? It sounds like an early recorded version, kinda like something you'd hear on a demo tape or Rose & Blood...

Offline RainSeraphim

• Sunday Listener
  • Forever love...
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 03:01:31 AM
Am I the only one who likes it? Not everything these guys make have to be perfect ya know >.>
Anyways, we haven't even heard a recorded version yet. Stop complaining.
Also has anyone heard this? It sounds like an early recorded version, kinda like something you'd hear on a demo tape or Rose & Blood...

It's a pretty good cover! If you look at the Youtube info box it says: Vo.:TAKITO/ALL Gt,Ba.and Dr:職人ofjoytoy/Key:kanappe
So I guess a couple people just listened to JADE over and over and then played it?

If you could have told me anything...you would have known what love is...

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 07:09:29 AM
Rumors has it that the new album will be on sale May 30,  the same day of the Taiwan concert.  also explained why they rushed the recording of Jade and had only 1 rehearsal but still insisted on performing in both concerts.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 10:47:57 AM
Rumors has it that the new album will be on sale May 30,  the same day of the Taiwan concert.  also explained why they rushed the recording of Jade and had only 1 rehearsal but still insisted on performing in both concerts.

Isn't album suppoused to be before end of this year (May 30th is way to soon knowing yoshiki)

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:46 PM
as far as I remember yoshiki said before summer 2009

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 12:44:51 PM
Yoshiki stated in his interview in Shezuan that the album will be released in the summer.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 12:52:25 PM
New album or best of ?

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 01:04:00 PM
Yoshiki stated in his interview in Shezuan that the album will be released in the summer.
It's till the end of year now

New album or best of ?

+some new songs (I.V. , without you, Jade)

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 01:08:19 PM
Ok thanks ! I still hope they make a new album with only new songs (including the 3 we already know of course) !

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 01:24:45 PM
Ok thanks ! I still hope they make a new album with only new songs (including the 3 we already know of course) !

Hope dies last :)

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 01:45:28 PM

Yeah, but unfortunately dies xD

PARTY HARD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 03:17:58 PM

Yeah, but unfortunately dies xD

Oy! Be a bit more optimistic!! XD

Let's just wait and see what things become.... and in the mean time, we'll support X as good as we can!

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 08:20:23 PM
after listening to the song for the 5893510384028 times, I must say that I just hate (maybe I should say I don't like)  the guitar + drum part in the very beginning and also the guitar part around 3:50.  It's just too.....empty ?? (don't know how to say it)  I really hope that the studio version will be better........

well, I think we definitely miss hide's ability in making a song in a more X-ish way. I have the feeling that Yoshiki tries to write a more ROCK song but it failed in this case. Oh, how I miss that kind of songs in VV and BB.  Or just because after 20 years, Yoshiki feels like to write another kind of music and my taste just stay behind as 20 years ago.  I love all the ballads, maybe Yoshiki can rewrite this song as a ballad, with Sugizo's violin. The melody & lyric of Jade has the potential to be a good ballad....

well, just my opinion, and I have no idea what I was talking about.... I feel lost....  :'(  sorry

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 08:36:28 PM
More delays on top delays...

And don't feel alone magucathy, I think all of us want new songs in the vein of their work in VV and BB. Though we have to come to terms with the fact that that most likely will not happen. With hide gone and all... man if hide were still alive I can only imagine what his career would've been like, what kind of new songs would be out now... and the band would've been much happier as a whole.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 08:40:19 PM
Well personally I really like those guitar parts (those you don't like) ! Really good heavy riff imo. It doesn't really sound like what X did before (well except I.V.), but it's normal. I guess X fans were surprised when they first heard some songs on Dahlia which are really differents than the older stuffs.

I really like the way the band "evolves" personally :) I really don't like when bands get stuck in the same old things (such as AC / DC for example, they are good, but I get bored really fast 'cause it always sounds the same). So no VV or BB for me, I want some totally new stuffs, and that what we're getting for now, so I'm more than happy :D

Though, I'd like more guitar solo 'cause both Pata and Sugizo are great guitar players and could make some really REALLY nice stuffs !

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10:40 PM
Yea I hope the album has atleast one song written/composed by other members. I think through that, we could get some cool songs.

Hopefully through these songs about hide this has lifted some burden off of Yoshiki's shoulders. Hopefully he will move on from making songs of mourning to songs of celebration in remembrance of the great times he had with X and hide as well!

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 04:19:12 AM
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090505-00000501-sanspo-ent

Translation -

Everything was put forth completely in the stage, and it gave it candidly according to coverage though the voice was he, and a threadbare condition.

First of all, to the re-start by six people through a secession riot of HEATH of the base, a guitar of LUNA SEA, and a formal joining of SUGIZO「X is six people after all. There is no such band. Drum..piano..guitar..play violin.」I seem to have felt response solving. This matter is referred for the first time though Seven Days to a Killing with the belonging office of HEATH endeavored. 「It was good. Because it was not the trouble between members. When 'I do not want to do by X' is heard from HEATH, 'I want to do' :. It is only it. 」With a smile. However, holding the performance now is obediently confessed to be being not able "Thought". The tone was strengthened about the development in the future , saying that "Well, it is thought that it was possible to go by this member" though it was said, "Slept because the member changed about 20 times until hardening to an initial member".

Moreover, it is at the first in the day to complete new song "Jade" announced first by the dome performance before it performs. 「Lyrics are the first though made when the tune visits a grave at last year's hide summit. It is a combination [washitanomo] the first every six people. Poetry is composed corresponding and [mashita] of the hurly-burly. 」With enough impishness. About the best album that the sale is paid to attention「The new song is good at total of four 'Jade'. In both a Japanese version and an overseas version schedule overseas versions put out, an English tune is Maine. I want to put it out as soon as possible. 」[Mashita] . ..enthusiastic..

It is candid up to now many times, anything is comprehensible in the opening, and the spoken posture is ..word of respect.. exhausted though I was allowed to cover in spite of the superman nature artist. YOSHIKI catches a glimpse of the fan, and it always thinks, and producer's face is caught of a glimpse the first by joints besides not grudging the time to the improvement of the band and music even as for the [korabo] proposal of how to see it, the enterprise, and the character of the entire stage. A wide companion relation is valued, and it also has surprising energy prompting in one's decisions.

When having thought of the talk while hearing it is love of this person of music really, and the best fan of X JAPAN. And, it was able to have good feeling in the point to work with the gratitude whose the thing was advanced as I thought because it was being supported by a surrounding staff and you of the fan always kept very much.

The Tokyo Dome performance : to 18 times of most in the performance in the history of the rock band of Japan now. Though it was made writing a lot of recognizances like the starting time and X jump, etc. from the dome side「Every time, because I want to do the concert that remains in the memory 1 piece piece, it is thought that this is the end. Therefore, it feels it. revive 18 times20 times. ?I want to do. However, X jump has been done and it doesn't exist …. However, the starting time by all means even if you defend. Because vigour comes out when everyone's face is seen …」It solved and the desire was shown.

About the chronic disease such as the cervical disc herniations and the vaginal synovitis「It is safe. It is feeling because it strengthens the body that has been forged for ten years. 」A reassuring remark also ..solving.. :. Postponed performances in foreign countries also promise holding. 「The United States where home exists wants to do absolutely. However, because it is the severest place, I want to attack it from Asia, Europe or the outside. However, if it is this member, is it safe?」。The activity of evolving X JAPAN in the future is the enjoyment

So there are going to be 4 new songs and 2 versions of the CD (Japan - more japanese lyrics and overseas)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:29:37 AM by holly.x »

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 04:29:47 AM
My impression (with laptop speakers) is that it's not that good... I hope the studio version sounds better. Right now it's kind of... empty...

I have to agree with you, Sander... It seems.... extremely lackluster... and it's not your laptop speakers... or my speakers suck as well.....

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 04:34:13 AM
after listening to the song for the 5893510384028 times, I must say that I just hate (maybe I should say I don't like)  the guitar + drum part in the very beginning and also the guitar part around 3:50.  It's just too.....empty ?? (don't know how to say it)  I really hope that the studio version will be better........

well, I think we definitely miss hide's ability in making a song in a more X-ish way. I have the feeling that Yoshiki tries to write a more ROCK song but it failed in this case. Oh, how I miss that kind of songs in VV and BB.  Or just because after 20 years, Yoshiki feels like to write another kind of music and my taste just stay behind as 20 years ago.  I love all the ballads, maybe Yoshiki can rewrite this song as a ballad, with Sugizo's violin. The melody & lyric of Jade has the potential to be a good ballad....

well, just my opinion, and I have no idea what I was talking about.... I feel lost....  :'(  sorry

I think that the band...(what's there..) need to just cohesively work as a unit on this song... cuz it sounds badly like.. everyone is playing their own thing... and Toshi is lost in a sea of broken riffs.   I'm not keen on it.... at all.  A friend of mine and I listened to it... and we both agree... at this point in time... It.... kinda.. reeks

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 10:37:43 AM
Ugh, this sounds like a failed attempt to rewrite I.V. I'm really disappointed. The orchestrations are pretty neat I guess, but that's about it. The guitar riffs are ridiculous. Yoshiki, I miss your harmonic guitars and kick-ass drumming. :(

Mod color o' mine

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 12:08:02 PM
i love it and im tired of people saying it sucks i dont like this i dont like that then dont listen to it no ones making you listen to it. the bass line is sick finally a song that shows heath skills. the lyric are beautiful. you can tell the songs about hide. toshi sings it so well yea he messes up a lil because the song is NEW. i love the song so much i decided to name my baby JADE. remeber how many didnt like I.V. and still dont. plan and simple if you dont like it then just forget the song was even made while the rest of us rock the hell out.