JADE

MIHO · 114260

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: May 03, 2009, 09:36:30 PM
It's not a single (yet), but I thought it needed a topic. ;D

So, thoughts?

I was completely amazed when I heard it for the first time. I love the overall sound of the song, and the lyrics are beautiful too.... It's catchy, I can't get it out of my head anymore.

We need studio version, NOW!!  ;D

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:43:29 PM
I was completely amazed when I heard it for the first time. I love the overall sound of the song, and the lyrics are beautiful too.... It's catchy, I can't get it out of my head anymore.

We need studio version, NOW!!  ;D

Too lazy to write my thoughts as you already wrote them ;D

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:51:10 PM
Hahah XDD glad we share the same opinion then!

Offline Ryuu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Japanese music forum
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:52:37 PM
I totally agree with you, too. xD

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:58:05 PM
My first impresion was "WTF is this X Japan?" then after few seconds "I.V.?" and then i started to like it.
I like chorus and lyrics but think that guitar parts should be changed.

Offline Immortal Angel

• Sunday Listener
  • yume ...
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:46 PM
I usualy dont like the song when I first listen to it, but JADE ... *__*

X

Offline *RckChK*

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:15:48 PM
Did I miss something? *feels stupid*

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:16:39 PM

new song Jade (or are you sarcastic?)

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:18:51 PM

Besides Sugizo joining X, Jade being the new song, the Tokyo Dome lives being held and Ra:IN coming to Europe, nope, you didn't miss a thing.  : D

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:38:09 PM
I really like it ! I've listened to it over 500times...

I only think they should turn up the sound of SUGIZO's guitar and add battle solo guitar between Pata and SGZ ^^

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 10:42:48 PM
I really like it ! I've listened to it over 500times...

I only think they should turn up the sound of SUGIZO's guitar and add battle solo guitar between Pata and SGZ ^^

that would be KICK ASS : D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 11:42:53 PM
My impression (with laptop speakers) is that it's not that good... I hope the studio version sounds better. Right now it's kind of... empty...

This is my administrator color.

Offline yoshinatsu

• Akumakyo no Shinja
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:52 AM
My impression (with laptop speakers) is that it's not that good... I hope the studio version sounds better. Right now it's kind of... empty...
I'll come to agree with you on that.
Sure, I.V. took me some time to get used to it, but JADE...
It didn't do the click for me. Not now at least.

Offline *RckChK*

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 12:23:14 AM

new song Jade (or are you sarcastic?)

No really I missed the news of a new song,
So when reading this topic I was like HUH when did that happen XD
But now I listened it, it feels like the song starts a bit awkward especially the verses, but the pre and chorus are awesome they have a nice grand feeling to it.
Still it needs some finetuning, but that will surely happen I think. Then it will be a great song.

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 05:01:12 AM
Like I.V. before, this song is already starting to grow on me, I love the chorus, but this song really does need a solo. Anyways I hope they compose some new material down the line that is in the same vein as Kurenai or Blue Blood. Over all I give Jade a thumbs up! ;D

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:42 AM
I like it. But it's not X'ish imo.
But I still like it :D

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline RainSeraphim

• Sunday Listener
  • Forever love...
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 06:32:27 AM
I was SO CONFUSED when I first listened to it, for a second I thought I'd clicked the wrong button but then I heard Toshi's voice and was like "...oh. Well. Huh. This is new." XD I couldn't quite get into it the first few times but it's really addictive. It needs some touching up, like the others have said, and definitely a solo, but otherwise it's super :3

If you could have told me anything...you would have known what love is...

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 06:43:24 AM
YES!Of course I like Fight Fire With Fire...xD, ERRRRRRRR I mean Jade!!!!

and now i'm going to behave like an extremely mature member of the fandom;

I WANNA KNOW WHERE ARE THE HIDE SOUNDS OR ELSE THE SONG SUX

ROFL, kiddin kiddin of course :P:P:P

I honestly liked the song.  I think  it's like an upgraded version of I.V's style and I like that. On the other side, I have to say that i miss the old days a little...^^'
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:46:07 AM by Yu~Kun »

PARTY HARD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:24 AM
On the other side, I have to say that i miss the old days a little...^^'
I'm saying that for the past 3 years :) You'll get used to it. XD

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 06:52:24 AM
Agreed. I thought it sounded rather generic really D:. Oh well, fingers crossed that it might get better!

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 08:13:14 AM
Wow. This sounds like an anime theme song or something.

In my personal opinion, it's like I.V. only bad. It doesn't sound anything like X-Japan and lacks personality and originality. Most of their songs you can listen to and be able to tell that it's them, wheras this sounds like it could have been written by anyone. There's no epic guitar riffs and it's lacking the uber minor chords I've become accustomed to. Yoshiki drums like it's a ballad though I'm guessing it's supposed to be a rock song. Someone on JRR said that they're suffering from not having a dedicated full-time guitarist and Jade is a perfect example of this.

So yeah. I consider it to be completely forgettable and not at all X. Just my two cents.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:48 AM
Someone on JRR said that they're suffering from not having a dedicated full-time guitarist and Jade is a perfect example of this.

You don't think Pata is one?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 08:42:27 AM
Wow. This sounds like an anime theme song or something.

In my personal opinion, it's like I.V. only bad. It doesn't sound anything like X-Japan and lacks personality and originality. Most of their songs you can listen to and be able to tell that it's them, wheras this sounds like it could have been written by anyone. There's no epic guitar riffs and it's lacking the uber minor chords I've become accustomed to. Yoshiki drums like it's a ballad though I'm guessing it's supposed to be a rock song. Someone on JRR said that they're suffering from not having a dedicated full-time guitarist and Jade is a perfect example of this.

So yeah. I consider it to be completely forgettable and not at all X. Just my two cents.
Even after listening to it for a long time, I agree with you that it still doesn't sound like an X Japan song...I still love it though...it's just different.

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 09:21:53 AM
Someone on JRR said that they're suffering from not having a dedicated full-time guitarist and Jade is a perfect example of this.

He doesn't contribute to writing the songs in the way that hide did.

Offline Kayero

• Sunday Listener
  • Oro!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 09:30:08 AM
Jade is just epic. I totally the new X Japan sound. In my opinion it's much better than I.V. (which was good too).
Now, we really need a studio verson. ^___^

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 09:51:37 AM

So? He's still a dedicated full-time guitarist, and who knows maybe he will contribute more in the future, or Sugizo will bring up some ideas for future songs.

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 09:55:46 AM

So? He's still a dedicated full-time guitarist, and who knows maybe he will contribute more in the future, or Sugizo will bring up some ideas for future songs.

I think you're missing the point. I figured that people would be able to tell from the context that I was referring to hide's role which included writing/contributing to songs.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 10:05:31 AM
My bad.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 10:46:46 AM
Hm...I have a very weird feeling that JADE will be released on HearJapan first...think about it, back when HearJapan reported on the Countdown live concert, they told us to keep an eye on them, and I quote, "Hint: We are a download store and we are not talking about I.V.".....and then they have the exclusive on the title of the new song.....I don't know, just my thoughts :D

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 11:11:19 AM

I think you're missing the point. I figured that people would be able to tell from the context that I was referring to hide's role which included writing/contributing to songs.

I totally agree with you fri... that's why I have been feeling kinda low and down. That was my feeling with I.V. then and now with jade. Don't get me wrong though, people. It is still is X Japan no matter what.

Maybe Mr. Yoshiki is gearing away from the old or former sounds he used to make and is moving into more... I don't know how to describe it... adaptable??? or acceptable to todays generation?

We know for sure SGZ's music, as well as Pata's and Toshi's, and they are unique in their own rights. Back then, the individuality of hide was easily recognizable and it stood out through his solo career but at that time his songwriting/contributions had also blended well with Mr. Yoshiki's X music.

Today, I am hopelessly looking for that kind of music and I know it ended there with hide. I just hope that SGZ and Pata and Toshi could add more spice to the future songs of X Japan.  But still.... we are >>>>>>> X