• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

JADE

MIHO · 114272

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: September 03, 2009, 12:16:36 PM
You know...english isn't my mother tongue so I might be bullshitting here but I have to say this because it's been bugging me.

Instead of 'cold like the stars of the sky' as Ulquiorra says and 'float like the stars of the sky' as Faestian says.....I hear 'Glow like the stars of last night'.........<>_<>'''
And well, concerning the word 'glow' I hear it SO clearly that I'd swear it's this one.
Anyway, feel free to call me deaf or anything of that sort....

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Ryuu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Japanese music forum
Reply #121 on: September 03, 2009, 01:31:36 PM
Together its (something something XD)

I think it's a mix of "together as heaven", "hold your light" and "it's burning love"

Instead of 'cold like the stars of the sky' as Ulquiorra says and 'float like the stars of the sky' as Faestian says.....I hear 'Glow like the stars of last night'.........<>_<>'''
And well, concerning the word 'glow' I hear it SO clearly that I'd swear it's this one.
Anyway, feel free to call me deaf or anything of that sort....

I hear "Glow like the stars of the sky"

EDIT...
OMG... This one sentence is really hard... everytime i hear something different... now it's "Grow like the scars of last night" xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:38:07 PM by Ryuu »

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 04:19:04 PM
Thanks for clearing up some of lines, Ulquiorra.

You have several other mistakes like that in your lyrics, please listen more carefully, I'll post the lyrics of the second half I came up with earlier,

I didn't say they were accurate. My last line before the song, where I asked for input explains that. This was an exercise in fun and love done for a friend. I know it is hard to 'read' tone in simple words on a screen, so I may have caught yours wrong, but I think 5+ hours with my head shoved into a pair of studio phones listening very intently was long enough. Thanks though. And since they are simply the words that "I came up with" and yours are simply the words that "You came up with" neither is engraved in stone, but together...we might even have a song. :D Until the band releases a libretto, we is stuck.

I used 'stream of memories' both because sometimes Toshi eats his vowels and because it makes as much, if not more sense than 'scheme'. Hell, in one version it sounds like he's saying 'sea', in another 'seam' of memories, so I went with what made sense to me. Hell, at first I thought he was saying 'Your SKIES are beautiful'. And for all I know, he IS. I didn't write it, and for all the love I hold for Toshi, his English accent is abysmal.

I stayed with 'stream' in keeping with the water theme Yoshiki has followed through the lyrics in the song, and I also used 'star' instead of 'glow' because I heard it distinctly albeit in only one of the 12 or so recordings I listened to, and it is in keeping with the theme of 'faith' and the 'heavens'. I also hear 'your glow was beautiful on occasion, as well as 'star. It depends on the night he performed it  I did mention that in my post.
Toshi seems to have been learning the lyrics on the fly and changed them slightly one night to the next
If I had had friends over I would have been saying: "WHAT did he say there? Here, you listen." And I would have plopped the phones on their head. My ears got tired.

I have not yet heard 'thirst, but you're right, it does make more sense than face and could well be the word. I also very much like 'cold like the stars in the sky, blood in the ocean and they make sense since some of hide's ashes were cast at sea of the Santa Monica pier. Uhm, but what does "Cause away you'll bleed" mean though? (of course a good debater would jump in here and say: But if his ashes were cast at sea, maybe it is 'lost' in the ocean. LOL. Bites anyone?)

Believe me, I am not interested in being the 'one true authority' on the matter. I simply wanted to actually figure out what he was saying for me and my friends because the lyrics posted on the interweb? Were outright ridiculous in some places. English being my mother tongue, (and coughoneIspeakexceedinglywellcough lalalala), none of the versions I'd read made a lick of sense. Yoshiki's English isn't Engrish; that of the 'decipherers' seemed to be, so I set out on a simple journey.  For all I know not a single word of my version is correct, but I had fun.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 04:39:25 PM by Faestian »

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: September 03, 2009, 09:40:37 PM

I used 'stream of memories' both because sometimes Toshi eats his vowels and because it makes as much, if not more sense than 'scheme'. Hell, in one version it sounds like he's saying 'sea', in another 'seam' of memories, so I went with what made sense to me.

I vote for 'seam'... ;)

shane140

Reply #124 on: September 03, 2009, 10:12:11 PM
you guys are doing a great job on interpreting these lyrics, thanks!

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #125 on: September 04, 2009, 12:33:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the input! ;D First I want to say I am sorry if I come off 'uppity'. I have been told I have a 'rarified' sense of humour that can be taken the wrong way, like say, as arrogance and conceit? Sorry, I just tend to babble sometimes and trip over my tongue. (mad scientist mode) Sometimes I think the only reason I open my mouth is to change feet, and sometimes I don't do it fast enough so I land on my backside. I apologize if anyone took my previous post as anything other than light-hearted. When I am sincerely angry or hurt? I don't post. I pout.  ;)

Back to the song: Listening again to the three links I really noticed the progression from the early concerts to the Suzuka filmgig. Wow, and I love the harmony. So, I said,
Uhm, but what does "Cause away you'll bleed" mean though?

This seems out of context with the rest of the song, so I've been thinking...yeah, I know, a bad sign. Could it be 'called away your (something)?" *grabs headphones again.*  Oops, wrong system. the sound is atrocious on the DELL, no matter the quality of my phones and the HP is in the other room and I am too lazy today. So maybe, 'Where (or when) the bleeding scarlet jealousy called away your...breathe? (Engrish?) Dreams; Need; ... or maybe even 'caught the way you bleed? Or breathed?" REALLY stretching here, I know.

Thoughts?

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: September 04, 2009, 12:45:48 AM
What about 'colours away'...? ^^;
*continues suggesting things only SHE hears*

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #127 on: September 05, 2009, 01:34:46 AM
What about 'colours away'...? ^^;

Yup, 'Colours away' could work, but then it begs the question, 'colours away what?' lol. I admit this is fun because I love a good puzzle, but I gave it to my son-in-law to have a listen over the weekend. I  have the flu and need to sleep and to study. Really, it is just those two lines, the one that makes no sense directly before "Looking through the eyes of falling angels" (although I think I have sussed out 'in the night' or 'of the night' just before 'looking'.) And, of course, the end of the "Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy..." line. As a lyricist and musician, maybe my son-in-law can hear what I can't. He also reminded me that it is common for lyrics to remain fluid until the final tracks are laid down in the studio.

I have to admit, I feel much closer to this song than I did a week ago. lol.  :D ;D

shane140

Reply #128 on: November 10, 2009, 10:46:26 PM
i know it's been like 2 months since anyone posted here but i think the lyrics are "Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy Caused the way you bleed" Well i think they sound like that anyway.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: January 11, 2010, 05:44:45 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can download a copy of "Jade"?  It's not coming up in i-Tunes Store or on the Bit Torrent I use.

Thanks.

We are X!!!!!

ben

Reply #130 on: January 11, 2010, 05:52:07 AM
It hasn't been officially released yet; from what I know, just live recordings or clips of the studio version recorded from the video show in Japan or from the Hollywood PV filming

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: January 11, 2010, 07:08:46 AM
Thanks Ben.  I guess that's right.  I'll have to be patient!

We are X!!!!!

ben

Reply #132 on: January 13, 2010, 02:07:15 AM
sorry that i couldn't give you good news Tanabata, but you can watch a live recording of "Jade" here, the whole song, from when they first played it in concert in Tokyo, or it might have been the second time they played it live; i hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPTkaYyj5DQ
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:10:26 AM by ben »

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: January 13, 2010, 02:14:43 AM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for that.  I appreciate it.

I was at that Tokyo concert so I was there to hear it for the first time!  It has grown on me, but it is by no means an X classic in my eyes.

Thanks again.

We are X!!!!!

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #134 on: January 13, 2010, 02:26:54 AM
"to the end of the world where I still believe,"

After that line, I heard "again".

Line 3:
"sank through ____________ dance,"

I got these from listening closely to the Jade in Hollywood.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:36:03 AM by cherrybeary520x »

ben

Reply #135 on: January 13, 2010, 03:02:57 AM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for that.  I appreciate it.

I was at that Tokyo concert so I was there to hear it for the first time!  It has grown on me, but it is by no means an X classic in my eyes.

Thanks again.

thats good, no worry, yeah it grew on me a bit as well, and from what you hear on the recordings from the Hollywood filming, the studio version sounds better

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: January 14, 2010, 03:32:19 AM
actually, i prefer the guitar solo and drum solo in the middle of jade change into piano, i think it will sounds better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5WU5PobtS4

love it very much
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:34:20 AM by denxdenx »

Ex denxdenx

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: January 14, 2010, 04:14:54 AM
I like what I've heard so far from the studio version, they just need to drop those synth drums. Also I think it would have been really cool if they threw in some of Sugizo's violin in there  :)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: August 01, 2010, 01:27:51 AM
Someone has grabbed all the footage of the studio version of Jade that has been made availiable and joint it all together to get an idea of the finished product. Not bad;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH4MrlaQtek

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: September 17, 2010, 08:46:48 PM
You can now listen to almost the whole song on their official website xjapanmusic.com And the best thing is (drum roll) No more midi drums!!!

shane140

Reply #140 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:45 PM
I love it. Much higher than my expectations.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #141 on: September 17, 2010, 09:23:23 PM
It Rocks !!!!!! Can't wait for the album !!!!

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: September 17, 2010, 09:27:57 PM
I love it....\(^o^)/
But then again, I loved this song from the start...(even though so many people find it mediocre. come onnnn..it needs more love...<3 ).

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: September 17, 2010, 09:38:56 PM
God it is a 1000000x times better than the previous version. PUMPED FOR RADIO PLAY.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: September 17, 2010, 10:00:18 PM
Fuck yes! There's quite a few changes in there, but I love where it seems to be going.

The mix is super dry, but that's to be expected for a rough version.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:06:14 PM by Beauty/Broken »

CharonCaori

Reply #145 on: September 17, 2010, 10:27:11 PM
Wow! I actually really like this!! It shows off their strengths really well. I'm getting psyched. Thanks for the link!! I really didn't care for IV, but it sounds like Yoshiki is finding more ways to compensate for the fact that he can't really drum fast anymore...

I hope this means they're finally starting to promote their tour!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: September 17, 2010, 10:29:22 PM
Finally an X japan page that I can understand!!!  :D

Indeed Jade is beautiful, but I found it already beautiful from the beginning!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: September 17, 2010, 10:37:40 PM
Wow! I actually really like this!! It shows off their strengths really well. I'm getting psyched. Thanks for the link!! I really didn't care for IV, but it sounds like Yoshiki is finding more ways to compensate for the fact that he can't really drum fast anymore...

I hope this means they're finally starting to promote their tour!

He can drum fast... The old songs he plays live aren't slowed down any. In fact, I'd say he's actually quite stubborn over it. The new songs just show a change in direction, they're not a speed metal band anymore.

Another example of Yoshiki's stubborn-ness is that bands like Luna Sea transpose their songs into lower keys post-reunion to better accomodate their singers voices (now being older, they naturally lost some their range), X Japan haven't done this at all, so Toshi is forced to sing the same notes he had to sing all those years ago.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:38 PM
BRILLIANT!

EDIT: Noticed that the version they have of I.V. on that site adds the live intro before switching to the studio version...I like it :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:57:34 PM by mC »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: September 17, 2010, 11:07:03 PM
BRILLIANT!

EDIT: Noticed that the version they have of I.V. on that site adds the live intro before switching to the studio version...I like it :)

I think this implies that in the new studio version of I.V. they're going to record a version of the 'Live' intro. I think Yoshiki said a while back that Sugizo helped with arranging the new version of I.V., and I guess that's what he meant.