• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Rose Of Pain

ferret · 7158

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: January 15, 2007, 03:24:37 PM
This song reminds me of Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin so much. I mean they don't sound alike at all but the structure is quite similar I think, it's a long song that consists of many parts which would work as short songs.

It's the hell of a song and Taiji does a little tapping in it, what can you want more? :wink:

RIP

Offline Everlasting

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 06:59:31 AM
This song is brilliant...I love how it breaks into that speedy tempo in the second half ^^

Offline Mr Martin

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/mariuslange
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:00:36 PM
My favourite X song...

Its so...epic/melancholic...

! You don't have to hesitate!
Give yourself out!
You know you are the best!
Let's get crazy!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:22:28 PM
Strange you say that when art of life has been sometimes called Japan's stairway to heaven, which also imo works better as "a long song that consists of many parts which would work as short songs. " compared to stairway then rose of pain does.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:33:52 PM
Quote from: "Ulquiorra"
Strange you say that when art of life has been sometimes called Japan's stairway to heaven, which also imo works better as "a long song that consists of many parts which would work as short songs. " compared to stairway then rose of pain does.

I NEVER want ot hear some short versions of that song! I actually need the full 30 minutes there to come down from that trip again... really it wouldn't be 'satisfying' to me to listen to short versions... >.>

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:02 PM
Quote from: "Maverick"

I NEVER want ot hear some short versions of that song! I actually need the full 30 minutes there to come down from that trip again... really it wouldn't be 'satisfying' to me to listen to short versions... >.>

Same here ! When I start to listen to Art Of Life, I really have to listen to it entirely ! I hate when I have to stop it in the middle...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:31 PM
Quote from: "Maverick"

You misunderstood my post, I wasn't saying Art of life would work better as a shorter song, or that art of life should be several short songs. I'd HATE that, 30 minutes only all the way.

I said that most people say art of life is Japan's stairway to heaven, not rose of pain, and one of the reasons its thought of as japan's stairway to heaven is because of the reasons you stated "I mean they don't sound alike at all but the structure is quite similar I think, it's a long song that consists of many parts which would work as short songs."

I'm saying people think what you think, but with art of life instead, and I just said it was odd you thought of rose of pain instead of art of life like other people. While there could be some brilliant short songs made out of art of life, or art of life would be good as a short song, I'd never want that, ever.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:19:22 PM
On the Stairway to Heaven comparison, personally I think Rose of Pain is more like Stairway than Art of Life is.  Stairway and Rose of Pain build up more consistently throughout the song, while Art of Life has the piano solo in the middle (which I love by the way, yes even the banging on the keys part), giving it a break in the climbing motion.

Also I find Art of Life to be significantly more epic than Stairway, while Stairway and Rose of Pain are about on the same epic level for me.

Rose of Pain is a great song on its own, though I've always seen it as a kind of "test run" for Art of Life.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 10:46:43 PM
I know exactly what you mean, it has the same effect on me, its painfull perfection.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:42:38 AM by Maverick »

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline DopeHead

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 07:18:03 PM
I ´m probably not the first one who found similarities of Rose of Pain with this song, but it wasn´t mentioned here.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLHdP4dkdkQ[/youtube]

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 11:31:48 AM
Dude, no. Just no. No.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 06:16:15 PM
I felt a bit, ergh, when I found I had to bump this from two years ago, but I believe I've found (in low quality) the best live version of Rose of Pain (imo), Toshi's vocals are crazy. Don't know if people have heard it yet, but I had to post it. We need more official proshot footage of old X gigs dammit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PkTrvnQjXQ[/youtube]

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 06:59:42 PM
@Ulquiorra, thanX for posting, it´s really great

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)