Yoshiki in Sichuan, China

Sander · 6384

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: March 31, 2009, 07:31:18 PM
Yoshiki visited the Chinese province of Sichuan for a few days, he arrived there on 29th and went back to Japan on the 31st (of March). He visited a school in the area of the earthquake that took place in May, last year, killing almost 70,000 people.

He also gave an interview to sina.com, the biggest infotainment web portal in China. Here is a summary of the interview (by me, please do not copy+paste anywhere without crediting):

He talks about the Yoshiki Foundation, a charity foundation he founded (or wants to found, I didn't quite get that), a few of his past experiences with donating, like for orphans in Hong Kong, when he was there with X Japan in January and also for the Kobe earthquake in 1995 with X Japan. Also about his experiences visiting the earthquake site in Sichuan.

Then says that they haven't decided to place to preform in China in terms of the place. He says the management is working on it and if the concert happens, it's going to be amazing. (When they ask him what he wants to see in China, I imagine) he tells them that he wants to see pandas as he's a huge panda fan. He also says he saw the Olympics and it was amazing.

He carries on saying that he was surprised about the fans this time at the airport as they hadn't announced anything, so he wasn't prepared- hair all messy and stuff.

He says the Hong Kong concerts were the best they ever had and that they are in the best shape ever, even though hide isn't with them any more (in the way that he can't play the guitar live... as he's dead).

Lastly (they probably ask how long they want to keep on preforming), he says that until there are fans, they want to do as much as they can. Also, they are recording a few new songs at this point and they'll release the X Japan Best Of album with three or four new songs. To the question 'when will this album come out', he answers with 'I would say, no later than this upcoming summer'.

You can see the interview here (in English with Chinese dub):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkXGXWyUOKY[/youtube]

Two videos of him in the Chengdu airport:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywOqgE2JbE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-LlNJL8Whs[/youtube]

Yoshiki visiting a school in the earthquake area:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag4PDLJmDI[/youtube]

Pictures:

Sources: Sina.com (the interview, visiting the school video and photos)
Baidu.com (the airport videos)
MetalBanzai
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:12:12 PM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:24:25 PM
Thank you for summing it up like this!

He really seems to have a thing with charity now ... I hope it will help him somehow, not to mention all the others, like the orphans and such. And I am totally excited about the new album with new songs - late summer would be just too cool to be true :)

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:31:22 PM
woah! i haven't been catching up properly on their news since i started my temp job, but now its over, and here comes their news! great!

btw thanks for mentioning about the left/right speaker thingy so i could hear properly haha XD

oh and about the management part (his answer), the interviewer was saying something like : we heard that Yoshiki-san (?) has plans to hold a concert in Beijing, and its (planned to be) at the Bird's Nest, how did he came up with /thought of that venue? Was isit because he saw the Olympics ?

so he replied the 'they have not decided on the venue, but if the concert is at the Bird's Nest that's gonna be amazing ' thingy

about the last question.. i guess it's probably speaking about the X Japan Best Of album.. the interviewer asked in Mandarin " when will this album be released? " there can be two meanings to 'This' in Mandarin.. yea? but since its the next question after Yoshiki's answer about Best Of album so it should be about that??
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:24:29 PM by edyork »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:12:56 PM
Thanks edyork! :)

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:28:30 PM
ure welcome ^^

and im looking forward the new album! end of summer should be... isit August? sry no 4 seasons in my country lololz

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:47:49 PM
Traditionally, yes, summer is June-July-August :D

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 01:13:49 PM
Thank god he changed his hair colour again.............

ThanX for posting!!

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 08:15:39 PM
Thanks for posting... It's so lovely to see him looking so happy...

I loved the baseball hat

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline krapac86

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 12:12:54 AM
Thanks for the photos and the links!

It's good to see that he really cares about this charity thing he's building up, I'm very happy to see this. I hope he will keep on using his money for this!

Anyway is there anyone that believes they will release this "Best Album" within the summer?^^ Let's wait again!

Offline Roy

• Sunday Listener
  • Nightcrawler
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 12:34:50 AM
Yoshiki is so funny, messy hair, I doubt that anyone really noticed it. XD
Something in this made me giggle all the time watching it.

+ Haha for the man with X shirt. : DD

Oh, I cant wait for the new songs either!
Great news and great to see him so cheerful!
Thanks much for posting.~ ♥

飛ぶ夢をしばらく見ない。

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 03:39:48 PM
According to Carnoc.com, Yoshiki and X Japan will be donating $200,000 for rebuilding schools in Sichuan, that were damaged by the earthquake last year.

Thanks to MB for the news.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:26:18 AM
According to Carnoc.com, Yoshiki and X Japan will be donating $200,000 for rebuilding schools in Sichuan, that were damaged by the earthquake last year.

Thanks to MB for the news.

That's so nice... X rules! XD