• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

YOSHIKI BIOGRAPHY

Ba-DiL · 50495

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 27, 2011, 03:12:52 PM
thanks so much in advance. For all I know, there has not been any translation done in English of Yoshiki's bio. I'll be looking forward to yours.

Sorry to bring up old topic but just wondering ... is anyone still interested in English translation of d book ? I bought the Chinese version last year n skimmed thru - was wee bit hard for me to read as it's in old Chinese script. But I'll have some free time next month so I thought I will actually read it this time n perhaps translate it. Please let me know if it's already been translated.

Yea!That would be amazing if you could do that!

>~X~<

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: February 18, 2011, 07:01:17 PM
I know an English version is probably coming (totally buying it), but are you guys aware that it's being translated at X Wonderland? (you need to register to read it completely)

http://www.xwonderland.net/thread-899-1-1.html

The indies info is amazing, specially on Dynamite-Noise-Early X stuff. If it gets released in English this will probably be the first book that gives us an X history, and a GOOD one while at it =)

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:38 PM
That's great. I don't need to continue translating then. Anyway, the book is a good read. Kinda like a novel instead of bio. Do get it if you can.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #93 on: February 20, 2011, 09:53:11 PM
lol I just started reading at some random parts. That really all sounds like a (pretty kitschy) novel and not a biography haha. :D

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:01 PM
@AsukaMiyu
same to me, especially the many parts of the death of hide are very greasy and are repeated in some parts so often, that I felt like "Yeeehes, I got the point", so I need a break and and try it later bit by bit...

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: March 09, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
the writer really spended her long time for nothing........i wish she used hypnotheraphys.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:29 PM
Not wanting to get anyone too excited and then dash their hopes but...Yoshiki posted something rather cool on his twitter a few days ago...:

- English version of the book YOSHIKI/佳樹 will be coming soon!!!

Then someone posted this comment, which I found hilarious...

-Define "coming soon" - usually YOSHIKI-time is rather different to everyone else's concept of time ;P

Which was, replied with this...

-Really soon!! According to the publisher!! Kadokawa

So...awesome! In time for Christmas perhaps? Any ideas on what a publisher means when they say really soon? XD

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #97 on: September 29, 2011, 11:56:23 PM
@ mC - Yeah, I was hearing about that too. I'm thinking it'll be out by next Spring maybe?

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 12:05:44 AM
@mC - was today on FB, I will believe if I can lay my hands on it
really soon!? -  Yeah, like to new album, Yoshiki?

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: September 30, 2011, 05:43:40 AM
Awesome!! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! :D

Now...if only we can get that album as well! :)

>~X~<

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28:40 AM
I would prefer the new album over the bio anytime - horrible would be an understatement for it.

Offline ZoinX

• View Profile
Reply #101 on: December 13, 2011, 04:47:26 PM
I don't understand.. I began reading and it was an interesting reading but i can't see the text you need 2 or more credits for:S i have four credits for exemple and it does not show:S

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: December 14, 2011, 04:22:08 PM
the last bio that I want to read...I don't want to waste my time...sorry guys..I believe he made up that story with plastic surgery

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: December 14, 2011, 06:00:10 PM
@blur: I'm sort of newbie in the fandom, so I must ask--what story do you mean? o_o

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: December 15, 2011, 03:40:02 PM
how could be someone turns to beautiful only by drinking water?...beauty secrets of course!...............

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: December 15, 2011, 03:59:17 PM
I agree with the dentists things with Yoshiki but plastic surgery...?!
Please... ok, let's take a look on Gackt, yes, he is too perfect but Yoshiki pfff

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: December 15, 2011, 08:33:50 PM
So, the plastic surgery is just a rumor? I personally don't believe it. Recently I saw an old, old video where Yoshiki was at the age of 20-22 *you know--very little make-up, half-spiked hair etc*, and he was definitely cute and, I'd say, beautiful back then. I didnt see a reason for plastic surgery.
BTW, our health and youthful appearance really depends on the water we drink *and its quality*; this theory is scientifically grounded ;)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline blur

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: December 20, 2011, 01:37:07 PM
hoho.please guys..his nose comes from where????..I believe he had plastic surgery more than once for his nose..then the other part...plus botox and facelift...if you know his face before .it's so easy to know it..

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #108 on: December 30, 2016, 03:01:31 PM
On our Japan trip I was able to find a copy of the book in a used things store in Shimokitazawa. Unfortunatellly my japanese isn't that good  ;)

On the interwebz I found a complete translation. I think this is the version from xwonderland because of the "credit" anouncements. It's not 100% correct, for example the favourite Manga from PATA is Patalliro (Patariro) not Patarico, but it's really worth to read

https://www.wattpad.com/58438434

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #109 on: January 01, 2017, 02:20:22 PM
I'm still reading the translation. Learned a lot of new things about X and Yoshiki. Very intresting.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #110 on: January 02, 2017, 02:14:54 AM
I'm reading the wattpad translation & this is one of the saddest biographies I have read. Reading this made me cry alot bit (Yoshiki's inner turmoil over the death of his Father kinda feels/sounds similar to when my Mom died).

Teemeah

Reply #111 on: April 09, 2017, 07:36:10 PM
Ok, so it is 2017 and still no official English release? Umm, I start to grasp what you meant by "Yoshiki time"  :D