• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: June 01, 2009, 10:14:56 AM
Thank you for all the links.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: June 01, 2009, 11:28:00 AM
holly.x :  Thanks for your report and the links.
WOOOOOO!!! you got a chunk of Yoshiki's lace!!!!!!  LOL
do you mind to take a pic of it and post it here??

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:50 AM
Mod sort my problems out please...cant upload fotos at all (says my upload folder is full :S)

magucathy if i still couldnt upload later tonight I will send to your email addy directly... still at work XD

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:36:53 AM by holly.x »

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
  • We may be freaks....but at least we have FUN
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: June 01, 2009, 12:14:12 PM
AAAAAh. holly.X, can u post a picture of the lace !? i would have passed out from bliss and joy if i were u!!!! I WANNA C IT !! *ravenous look in eye*

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Yurga~

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: June 01, 2009, 12:23:55 PM
Sorry if i am off topic, but i HAVE to show this photo~
sorry if anyone posted it before~

We have bride again~~

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: June 01, 2009, 12:26:49 PM
Yes, finally!! QA pic!
Thank you Yurga....<3 <3

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #126 on: June 01, 2009, 12:31:02 PM
OH GOD XD
yoshiki is the princess again!!

....err I mean the bride :D..... toshi the groom? looks like that
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:33:01 PM by myuu »

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: June 01, 2009, 12:33:02 PM
AAAAAh. holly.X, can u post a picture of the lace !? i would have passed out from bliss and joy if i were u!!!! I WANNA C IT !! *ravenous look in eye*

wELL I did try to but cant for some reason....*runs away in tears*

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #128 on: June 01, 2009, 12:42:56 PM
you know those taiwan fans who left the comments on the youtube page were actually scolding the poster for posting those videos because the concert rules clearly stated that no one is allowed to record the live?
eventhough they're kinda right, i think they're selfish and there's no need to start such a big rage on this IMO.

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline Yurga~

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: June 01, 2009, 12:48:28 PM
Sorry, two more photos~
Smaller~

Toshi is stealing ur princess~~~~
There are more photos of Taipei concert but i hope you
already saw all of them~ ok, i am Sure you saw them~
If not - i can post some links if you want~ Just tell me~

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: June 01, 2009, 01:30:11 PM
i love the pics too!!
the concert looks really colourful and (especially) funnnnnn!!
wonderful visual effects!

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: June 01, 2009, 01:42:18 PM
Yurga, I would love those links to the pictures, please :)

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: June 01, 2009, 02:58:21 PM
*downloads pictures*

Thank you so much, Yurga~ !!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: June 01, 2009, 03:15:30 PM
So there was no Jade this time?

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: June 01, 2009, 06:49:23 PM
just read the YM staff repo and mentioned that Yoshiki went to have dinner at the Taipei 101... and he was so exhausted he couldnt walk properly and sort of being carried back to his room after they returned to the hotel. ... a lot is going thru my mind reading this

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: June 01, 2009, 07:01:20 PM
oh, i m sure the performance takes a physical toll. Look at all the water/drinks bottles on the stage. Poor fellas ! I really don't want to c Yoshiki fainting/collapsing, and yet, I m cruel, I want to see him give his all when he drums.

ben

Reply #137 on: June 03, 2009, 02:11:55 AM
Thanks for all the information about the show. Nothing changed in the setlist, oh well.

But "Without You" with acoustic guitar sounds better. Thanks for the link to the video.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:00 AM
these are the pics of Yoshiki's lace from our lucky girl holly.x    ;D  ;D  ;D
(since she has some problems in posting the pics, I just helped)

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:03 AM
thank you magucathy!! XD

Offline plasma

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: June 03, 2009, 04:25:12 PM
Awww holly.x, you are sooo lucky. envious ... I'm amazed nobody tried to snatch that piece of lace from you!

I managed to switch to much better seats at the concert itself (row 15, next to the middle runway) but nobody threw anything in my direction!  Although I will swear (like a silly fangirl) that Pata, Heath and Sugizo seemed to have stopped and smiled (or, in Sugizo's case, made a funny pouting expression) in my direction when I jumped on my chair and screamed their names as they walked past. 

I know that X Japan's fans are divided in their views about Yoshiki's drum solos.  But because I was so close to the drums this time (not as close as holly.x though, since he was at the end of the runway and I ended up having to stare at his back the whole time), I really did enjoy it.  Yoshiki's manic (almost self-destructive) energy and intensity while drumming was contagious and quite exhilarating.  One of my friends (who's a J Rock fan but not an X Japan fan) became a Yoshiki-fan convert because of this.  She became an X Japan-fan convert because of the X-jumps. 

I really believe that this is the power of X Japan and their live concerts.  The energy is so palpable that most people in the audience ends up being swept along by it (even if the set list hardly changed or playbacks had been used at some points).  The Japanese guys next to me were openly crying during Endless Rain and Art of Live while very sedate, serious executive-types (who seemed to have obtained free VIP tickets of some sort) also ended up waving their light sticks, doing X signs and singing along to Endless Rain by the end of the night.

Although Tokyo last year was better because the audience, the band and the general atmosphere seemed more emotional, I did enjoy the Taipei concert and will still want to spend the money to attend their next concert if possible!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: June 04, 2009, 01:13:36 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdeIwp2By9Y[/youtube]

Had to post this because at 1:16-1:19 Toshi does a Rob Halford pitched falsetto, its very hard to hear.

Edit: he does it again at 2:24-27 and at 4:12-4:16

I always knew he was capable of doing falsettos that high, his natural singing voice is higher then any metal singer Ive ever heard, he's just never attempted to sing falsettos like that, but when he actually tries to do it he can easily, on a really good day he could probably sing them higher then that even.

That seals for me that Toshi hasn't lost any vocal range, that's the highest he's ever sang live. I like I.V even more now.

He just needs to learn to hold the falsettos for longer now.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:52:53 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: June 04, 2009, 12:00:24 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdeIwp2By9Y[/youtube]

Had to post this because at 1:16-1:19 Toshi does a Rob Halford pitched falsetto, its very hard to hear.

Edit: he does it again at 2:24-27 and at 4:12-4:16

I always knew he was capable of doing falsettos that high, his natural singing voice is higher then any metal singer Ive ever heard, he's just never attempted to sing falsettos like that, but when he actually tries to do it he can easily, on a really good day he could probably sing them higher then that even.

That seals for me that Toshi hasn't lost any vocal range, that's the highest he's ever sang live. I like I.V even more now.

He just needs to learn to hold the falsettos for longer now.

Ofcourse he can do that, he has a high pitched voice for some starters already... Plus he already sings in falsetto some songs, just no the screaming Halford kind. He also does it at the Countdown lives 2008 to 2009, where he holds it longer.. Also during IV
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:10:40 PM by Jorge »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: June 04, 2009, 01:34:40 PM
Yes I already know all of that, that's obvious. I was talking only about the Rob Halford type falsetto's he does in that I.V video, he's never sang that high before and to be honest all the falsettos he's sang before this while they were good, were pretty normal compared to singers like Gillan and Halford. I'm just saying that I knew he could reach the kind of notes Halford does if he tries.

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: June 05, 2009, 02:24:10 PM
Yes I already know all of that, that's obvious. I was talking only about the Rob Halford type falsetto's he does in that I.V video, he's never sang that high before and to be honest all the falsettos he's sang before this while they were good, were pretty normal compared to singers like Gillan and Halford. I'm just saying that I knew he could reach the kind of notes Halford does if he tries.

There is no such thing as a degree in falsetto's, if anything it's harder to maintain a solid singing falsetto then it is to do the screaming outbutst kind. For most metal singers it's usually the first thing they'll ever learn, perfecting it over the years.

I'm not being a bitch about it, just saying :) Toshi has extraordinary range, to such an extent I believe he can hit some notes without going falsetto that other sings have to use the headvoice for.

It's still really awesome to hear him do it though, you are totally right about that.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: June 12, 2009, 01:23:24 PM
no torrent yet?

Ex denxdenx

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: June 12, 2009, 08:16:20 PM
Considering that it wasn't broadcast, it is going to be a while before we can even hope for a bootleg, the only vids we are going to get are the crowd ones, which aren't actually too bad...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: June 13, 2009, 03:59:25 PM
sigh...

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: June 13, 2009, 04:48:44 PM
I have to say this, I really hope they don't cut Weekend in half ever again, they only play like six rock songs now, don't cut one of them in half.

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: June 13, 2009, 06:14:49 PM
^

As you say. :s