• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Live in Taipei - May 30

Maverick · 38796

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 05:35:20 AM
My worry though is that Yo$hiki has not totally recovered from his injury.  I also think that they will start the show on time (within 15 mins) due to the fact that it's an outdoor stadium and it will be 10pm if the show is 3 hours long.. imagining those live next to the stadium...well unless they are all X fans

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 06:13:48 AM
is that yoshiki promised to release a DVD for the taipei concert ? ~

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 03:12:00 AM

Just came across this on youtube, looks like they're getting everything together!

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 09:56:32 AM
Apparently all of them except Toshi have arrived in Taipei earlier today. 

cant post picture for some reason..  the link below shows the look of the raincoat and there are 3 colors as well (I think it's better than the concert merchandise which are a complete recycled shite (HK goods + 2008 TD goods) . 

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090517/35/1jncv.html

them arriving at the airport. 

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:36:48 AM by holly.x »

Offline woofly

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:36 PM
X in Taipei taoyuan airport
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRLSLZ7J

I  ♥ TAIJI

Offline Ba-DiL

• Fan
  • We are X !
    • View Profile
    • My Friendster account
Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 10:42:59 AM
anyway, the title for the show is 'Hontou ni Yaru yo' ... which is a pun :p I laugh when I knew the meaning of the title XD

Acctually, it means 'It really happens !!' ... but since the kanji for 'yo' written with the kanji 'yoru/night', the title can be mean as 'The Night that really happen' ... :)

yeah, it really 'happen' ... not get postponed anymore XDD

none of your business ...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 11:23:56 AM
According to Toshi's blog he's in Taipei now and they're doing rehersals.

Btw, are we certain there's no live broadcast anywhere?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:44:43 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline woofly

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 04:34:13 PM

I  ♥ TAIJI

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 06:24:10 PM
A glimpse of the stage

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 07:57:11 PM
anyone know what hour this live will start?

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 29, 2009, 08:09:11 PM
woofly:
where do you find all pictures?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 08:13:40 PM
What, the, fuck! Before I say this, the problem has already been solved as Toshi is now in Taipei, confirmed by several blogs from him taking photos of the sky there, and him arriving at the airport. But this stuff I just discovered about why he wasn't at there with the other members at the airport yesterday is absolutly retarded.

from x-radicaldreamers:

"Wow! Someone is reading the news on these links? All of them say that Toshi is not on Taiwan yet due to lawsuits, one of them says that was due to "use of violence to intimidate members for fees". Fuck yeah, Healing Toshi!"

"The failure to come to the TOSHI, only the Japanese side said that he was due to private, only to later, but Japanese media reported yesterday, TOSHI operators "TOSHI OFFICE" get involved in non-official, has been charged with a middle-aged women, Mind control forced to pay to participate in the activities of ¥ 14,000,000 charges of second instance ruled yesterday in favor of the plaintiff, TOSHI side ¥ 15,800,000 to pay compensation."

The source is this article: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/090528/gnd0528001-n1.htm

Lot of people are saying its just the Chinese media making shit up again, probably true. I can't tell what the article's trying to say, either Toshi used violence against someone, or either he used mind control (XD) to make someone pay ¥ 14,000,000. Or it was the people from "Toshi office" who did that and it had nothing to do with him.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:15:17 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 29, 2009, 08:24:55 PM
Toshi, mind control it all makes perfect sense....xD

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 29, 2009, 08:32:40 PM
Toshi, mind control it all makes perfect sense....xD

Mind control....people these days. *manic laugh*

Go make my day....you know you wanna....do it.....DO IT!

Offline Eos

• Rookie
  • I'm not that Complicated, just M!zzundaztood!<3
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 29, 2009, 08:39:54 PM
They look.......tired....and mind control aliens anyone? Heard its supposed to rain wonder how that will look *thinks* Endless Rain in the rain or IV hmmm could be interesting... ;)

Whether its real or truth in a dream its still pointing my mind...

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 29, 2009, 08:45:11 PM
*drools* yes....rain....tired looking hot men in rain....Can someone pass me a mop, I think there are too many drooling fangirls. *mops up drool*

Go make my day....you know you wanna....do it.....DO IT!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:56 PM
Endless Rain in the rain or IV hmmm could be interesting... ;)

Yeah that would be cool/funny if I.V live tomorrow suddenly turns into the PV. I don't think Toshi would roll on the floor though.

Lot of angry fans on xradicaldreamers over X-Japan's performance on May 2nd & 3rd, one of the biggest complaints is that the concerts were bad because they're not rehearsing together, and when they are, they're not doing it enough. And apparently it was only today when everyone arrived at taipei that they started rehearsing for this one, no idea how this live's going to turn out.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:09:12 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Eos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 09:00:53 PM
Though that would be something to see Toshi rolling on the floor while singing...think that would be possibly painful and hard though.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 09:05:51 PM
Eos have you seen the video of X-Japan performing Dahlia on a tv program (1996) where they were made to use playbacks for everything? Guitars, drums, vocals during choruses, the lot, and at one point during it Toshi rolled on the floor while singing to take the piss out of playback, he also span around a rediculous amount of times flinging his coat everywhere, it was hilarious, if you havn't seen it I'll post it for you, but otherwise I wont as everyone here's seen it already.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:07:43 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Eos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 11:54:36 PM
No I haven't seen that at all...and thanks for the offer to post it if most have already seen it I am sure I can track it down thanks.

Offline woofly

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Offline hydesan17

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 30, 2009, 07:32:21 AM
anyone know what time the concert starts?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 30, 2009, 11:27:39 AM
Well this is the least amount of info we've ever gotten out of a concert, its probably happening right now and we don't even know it.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 30, 2009, 01:07:24 PM
On Sugizo´s mySpace site it says 19:00 (probably Taiwanese time), but no clue how reliable that is. And which time they have in Taiwan right now ^^

Offline X NUT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 01:17:11 PM
On Sugizo´s mySpace site it says 19:00 (probably Taiwanese time), but no clue how reliable that is. And which time they have in Taiwan right now ^^

If the start time is correct then they should be more than an hour into the concert right now.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 30, 2009, 01:40:10 PM
Official Setlist:

Well this is the third update of this post and it turns out all the good parts of the setlist were false, this is the real setlist:

1.Amethyst
2.Rusty Nail
3.WEEK END
4.サイレントジェラシー (Silent Jealousy)
5.PATA&HEATHソロ
6.HIDEの部屋 (Hide's Room)
7.セイエニシング(アコースティック (say anything, acoustic version)
8.ピアノソロ (piano solo)
9.I.V.
10.紅
11.オルガスム (orgasm)

12.バイオレットUK (guess what that is ....)
13.ドラムソロ (drum solo)
14.tears

15.ワールドアンセム (World Anthem)
16.X
17.エンドレスレイン (Endless Rain)
18.ART OF LIFE

Well that's just...ugh, I hope they at least played the songs well unlike at Tokyo Dome. new things in that setlist are Silent Jealousy and Say Anything acoustic. I would've thought that for an outdoor concert in the sun/blue skies they would've had a bit less of a ballad-full setlist. I'm keeping the old parts of my posts below up incase somehow the official setlist is wrong, but I'm pretty certain this is all right.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OLD EDITS OF POST:

Okay guys, no idea how accurate this is, but we have setlist updates from 2chan, the concert is happening right now, and this is where we are so far, apparently, remember the setlist could be wrong.

Apparently there's a new song, not Jade, a brand new song, hearing that makes me think even more the setlist could be wrong.

1 Amethyst
2 スーパーラスティ (Rusty Nail)
3 WeekEND
4 ジェイド (Jade)
5 RoseオブPain(ピアノ+トシ+スギゾー) (Toshi, Yoshiki on piano and Sugizo) (no idea if they just did the opening or the whole thing)
6 紅に似た新曲 (NEW SONG that resembles the style of Kurenai)

Before you read the next one, its confirmed they didn't play Alive, Yoshiki just played it for a moment during his piano solo

7 ピアノソロ(ALIVEイントロ→白鳥の湖) (piano solo, including alive & swan lake)
8 Unfinished
9 PATAソロ ←今ここ (Pata guitar solo).

Don't get your hopes up this could all be 100% false. Here's the thread where the setlists are being reported/updated:

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/visualb/1243656462/

Update: Again, none of this is confirmed.

あとは、
オルガ
ブルブラ
ダリア
AOL
ティアーズ
エンドレスレイン
ジェイド
位で終わりそうな悪感 (probably the end of the concert).

Continuation I think from the previous list, it was hard to find translations of those, but basically its the usual songs, Dahlia, Art of Life, Tears, Endless Rain ect. Well actually at this point Dahlia is like an old song I've been waiting for to come back and I hope this time they did it right unlike at Tokyo Dome. According to that Jade was played in this half though, not the first, so I really have no idea how reliable the first half of the list is.

Edit: Acording to Kaori (who's is constantly updating her blog with pics of Toshi from the rehersal), they're now waiting for the encore.

Glad to see Kaori's supporting Toshi with X-Japan, and in some form getting involved with X-Japan.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:05:29 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline woofly

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 30, 2009, 03:17:08 PM

I  ♥ TAIJI

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 30, 2009, 04:24:59 PM
Maybe my judgement is affected by having had a bad day, but the concert wasn't good. It was far worse than the three concerts I saw last year, and with such a standard set list.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 30, 2009, 04:34:07 PM
I'm really annoyed, this is almost worse then the Dahlia Tour setlists in 1997, except they replaced Dahlia with I.V, the Dahlia reject. At least Silent Jealousy is in there.

Its even more annoying that there were reports of, Rose of Pain, Unfinished, Alive being played on piano during Yoshiki's Piano solo, and reports of a new song that had the same style as Kurenai, but no, its just some idiot being deaf and failing to realise it WAS Kurenai.

Is there any hope for a happy positive concert? There have been two pics released, I believe it showed that at least the first half of the concert was played in the bright sunlight, surely you'd use that opportunity to at least play Joker or Celebration or something, but no, lets have the most unoriginal setlist yet and play lots of ballads/piano solos and have dancing girls to advertise Yoshiki's solo project. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone, but this is my opinion on the bands current setlist and the general way they're doing things and I'm sticking to it.

Also to add to something Alex just said ahead of me on page 3, they're starting to use Art of Life way too much, Yoshiki's starting to turn Art of Life into something repetative that I want a break from, why couldn't they end it with the full band version of Rose of Pain if they were only going to play half of Art of Life?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:47:14 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: May 30, 2009, 04:41:31 PM
but no, lets have the most unoriginal setlist yet and play ten ballads. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone, but this is my opinion on the bands current setlist and the general way they're doing things and I'm sticking to it.

No, I totally agree. To think that I flew over here to Taipei ONLY for this concert annoys me. Art Of Life wasn't even performed in full, and the drum solo took 5 years as usual. Why are they wasting so much time on the way-too-long drum solo, playback songs in the end etc? I'd rather see them perform Blue Blood or something at least slightly different from their current setlists instead of seeing them run around smiling like they are heroes with Say Anything (AGAIN) in the background.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:49:03 PM by alex »