• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Voiceless Screaming

ferret · 4492

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: January 16, 2007, 05:42:17 PM
Not a ballad per se but a beautiful love song. Taiji showing his guitar skills + Toshi singing his own lyrics full of heart, I just love this combination.

I like this song even more live because you can actually hear Taiji singing backup vocals. So beautiful!

RIP

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 03:52:25 PM
Why has nobody commented in this thread? This is bar none my favourite acoustic by X. Best part of the song is Toshi and Taiji screaming together at the end. So much emotion, such a sense of longing, sadness and aging hope and desire for something better.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:36:07 PM
Damn. You're right : O

I totally agree with Ferret @ live = better. Taiji's backup vocals really add more "feeling" to the song.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:28:45 PM
It's one of my fan songs and it's the best song Taiji wrote + Toshis lyrics areso good.

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:18:42 PM
I love this song. Amazing! Toshi's vocals send shivers down my spine. The guitar play is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/p4Ip5Xf4Es

Offline luncay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 06:11:32 PM
This is one of the first song I learned in guitar, and help me too play real arpegio (before that I only use my index, not all fingers).
But it is a kind of "Stairway To Heaven" inspiration, it is the same in-between as the Led Zepp songs, but not on same tone. Even Taiji and Toshi did not hide about it, as in the lyrics "I climb the Stairs that lead me to Heaven" ;)

It s so sad that Yohsiki did not include this ballad in the X Japan Ballad Collection ... or the band play it as a tribute to Taiji, I was expected this song in Yokohama back in 2008 when Taiji was announced as a guest.
Do you know that Taiji made a second version of this song, with his band DTR on the acoustic album, called simply "Voicelless"

And thanx to this topic, I discover another version

Taiji with Heavens but it seems that it is a tribute to Taiji
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:20:09 PM by luncay »

Teemeah

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 09:35:45 PM
Yes, i heard about the two version from the Wikipedia page of the Jealousy album. But I prefer the original, especially the live version. Becuase of Toshi. I just cannot... his voice is so amazingly heart-wrenching I feel like crying every time I listen. Especially at the last part.  I wish they would perform it again live, as a tribute to Taiji, I would LOVE to see Heath with the acoustic guitar (I know he can play not only bass) and Sugizo play the violin part. That would be so perfect.

by the way, it is not a love song. Taiji wrote in his autobio that the lyrics are actually about Toshi's turmoiled feelings when he had vocal cords issues and was unable to not only sing but speak.