Repo! The Genetic Opera

MillieQOF · 2528

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
on: February 02, 2009, 08:40:29 PM
So, anyone besides me seen it yet?
I had to be illegal and download it cause I'm very much doubting the chances of it ever airing on cinema here.

I was not disappointed. The music is great, but we already knew that, actors were doing great, visuals are spectacular. The beginning and end of the movie are kind of weak, I enjoyed the middle the most.

How 'bout you?

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 12:16:43 AM
It's just been released on DVD in the US (about a week ago, I only found out yesterday) for anyone that wants it. I'm not sure about any other countries, but I know it's not out until March here in the UK. Luckily, amazon.com imports :D

I bought the soundtrack when it first came out and I was definitely impressed, I can't wait to see the film!

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:25:55 AM
The dollar is pretty expensive now so I'm gonna wait a while before I buy something off amazon :0

The soundtrack is awesome, isn't it? I'm especially impressed by Paul Sorvino, who plays Rotti. What a voice!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:58:50 AM
UK      9 March 2009      (DVD premiere)
Germany    14 April 2009    (DVD premiere)

Source : imdb.com

I watched it on sunday... well, it's ok... I'm not a big fan of these kind of movies anyway, the music is cool though.

Offline RainSeraphim

• Sunday Listener
  • Forever love...
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:59 AM
I bought the DVD on the release date, since I've been waiting for it for quite some time, and I watched it right away. I'm relatively new to the horror genre as a whole, so some of the gorier scenes were a bit stomach-turning, haha, but a very good movie! There were a lot of surprises throughout, and the soundtrack is spectacular. I think I would have watched it even if I hadn't known that Yoshiki was lending a hand to the production (which just makes it better, right? XD), since it's just such a unique movie. I like the costume choices for the cast as well :)

If you could have told me anything...you would have known what love is...