• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Dir En Grey<3

crazy bitch · 21738

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 05:43:52 PM
^I did! I was first very afraid of what kind it could be - I don't like very much Kyo screaming and yelling and like that - but I was totally wrong. Marrow of a bone is awesome record! Kyo is singing, not only screaming, and they have again succeeded in changing the music style. I really liked this album, especially that ballad with Japanese name (which is absolutely too long to be remembered :P) and Clever Sleazoid is too one of my favourites. Very good album!

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 05:54:31 PM
yeah i guess you mean the song:"Namamekashiki ansoku,tomadoi ni hohoemi"
everyone likes it.i loooove it.and no,i dont remember the name,i had to see it first and then write it here  :lol:  but yeah the cd is aweeeeeesome!The pledge!i love it.*No9 in the cd :P*

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 06:27:04 PM
Yep, that's the song. Terrible name : D And The Pledge is very good, too! But I always start to laugh when Kyo sings in Grief something that sounds like "AC/DC fuck you". Or I don't know, perhaps he really sings like that. Awesome album anyways.

Offline Kumo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 01:38:11 AM
haha yeah ive heard that album
actually i just put it in my ipod ^_^

Offline Kumo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 01:10:59 AM
i experienced super awsome Dir en grey action last friday
best day of my life [and the day after ofcourse]
im still like this  :P

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 03:13:57 AM
where was the concert? In L.A. or something like that?

I was in their Toronto concert and it was pretty awesome.

Offline ArpegiusWolf

• Rookie
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 01:36:13 AM
I LOVE Dir en grey! I'm a true Die-hard fan, and I love ALL of their music, unlike some fans who like the certain periods they went thru...I even got to see them live in Philly! My first concert, and I get to go see one of my all-time favorite bands(other than X, lol)!!!

I wanna see them live again so bad! I was stuck near the back of the small place...But I got Kyo's attention by headbanging/flailing allong with him and screaming fuck a few times...XD

DIR EN GREY IS HARDCORE EPIC! \m/>_<\m/

Furries in my Jrock fandom? Its more likely than you think!

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 03:23:46 AM
I just saw that they added some dates to their tour - and they're finally coming to the Pacific Northwest! In fact, they are playing two days in my very own town, Portland, at the Roseland - one of my favorite concert venues!!

I am so incredibly excited! I've always wanted to see them live! >w< I'm definitely going to go. Too bad I won't QUITE be 18 yet by then. One more month after that. >.<

About their music, I go back and forth on what I think. I think it depends on my mood. I LOVE their older stuff, like from the Gauze album, and Vulgar, but I also liked Withering to Death. I haven't heard Marrow of a Bone yet; guess I'd better get a move on before the concert! <3

In their looks, I liked them MUCH better as full-on VisKei, like from the Gauze album era. They were all so pretty <3 especially Kaoru <3<3 But I suppose I still like them now. I dunno. Not as much but their music still rocks and that's what counts. :D

Wow, sorry about the long post ^^;;

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline Kumo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 03:33:41 AM
Quote from: "ArpegiusWolf"
I LOVE Dir en grey! I'm a true Die-hard fan, and I love ALL of their music, unlike some fans who like the certain periods they went thru...I even got to see them live in Philly! My first concert, and I get to go see one of my all-time favorite bands(other than X, lol)!!!

I wanna see them live again so bad! I was stuck near the back of the small place...But I got Kyo's attention by headbanging/flailing allong with him and screaming fuck a few times...XD

DIR EN GREY IS HARDCORE EPIC! \m/>_<\m/

SHHHEEAAA! them in concert is like an orgasm to your eyes!!!
ive got to see them 3 times and i LOVED every minute of it!
last concert my bf caught kaoru's pick! so lucky >___<

i cant wait till they come aroud again!

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 01:22:18 PM
On Wednesday I finally bought a ticket to Ankkarock festival where Dir en grey will be performing in August. I haven't realized yet that I'm really gonna see them live, but when I do, I'll go and scream my head off.

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 04:04:51 AM
Just five minutes ago I actually bought the tickets to see them. >w< I'm going on Friday July 6th at the Roseland... YAY! I can't wait!

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 04, 2007, 11:28:22 AM
And now some hyperventilating. Tomorrow! I'll see them tomorrow at 4:00 pm! I realized yesterday, that I'm really gonna see Dir en grey playing live. It always takes me lots of time to understand things like that - it took three months to understand Dir en grey, and I think that I'll realize in October 29th that I'm gonna see the Gazette's live 30th Oct.

I've been listening to Marrow of a bone past couple of days, and have to admit that I like it very much. What I've heard about the setlists of past European tour gigs, they perhaps play some songs from Withering to death and Marrow of a bone - which is very good, because Wtd is my absolute favorite album from Dir en grey. My friend just called me from Ankkarock festival, where Diru will play tomorrow, that she has bought me a tour shirt and it's very cool. So I can't wait! Wish they'll do an amazing live.

//EDIT 8th of AUGUST

Holy God that was awesome. I was on the front row just in front of Die. The gig itself was pure heaven, absolutely one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The Final was something undescribable, and other songs were great, too! I really hope that they'll return to Finland soon.

Offline Silver_Rain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lisa-sass.de
Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 09:36:28 PM
I saw them live last weekend at the mera luna festival and I have to admit, they were great! I've never been a fan of Dir en Grey although I like some songs, but they absolutely rocked on stage. Does anyone possibly have a setlist of the current tour?

ww.myspace.com/lisasass

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 12:11:24 PM
Silver_Rain, their setlist changed a little bit in every live gig of this tour. In Finland there was these songs:

G.D.S
Repitition of hatred
Grief
Fatal Believer
Disabled Complexes
The Final
-saku-
Merciless Cult
dead tree
The IIID Empire
Ryoujoku no ame
Agitated Screams of Maggots
Lie Buried with vengeace
Deeper Vileness

In Stockholm they played Kodou, and I'm eternally bitter for that, because it is one of my absolute favorite songs from them. :P At least we heard The Final and IIID Empire live.

Offline Miyoko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 03:52:11 PM
what a dead theme here xD...

If I can say... I love Dir en grey. It's like obsession for me...yeah, they're like this Uroboros. I specially love Kyo. His voice is so ... um.. perfect.. xD... they're different now, I know. But I like them still.

But... have you seen Toshiya's hair? oh my god, I thought it's stupid joke...unfortunately...
no matter.. xD

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 09:00:29 PM
They are not really my cup of tea, the only song I really like is this one :)

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnKHJDSS9Y[/youtube]

Offline Miyoko

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 05:37:58 AM
hehe, the old one... Yoshiki's work too :)

Offline PunkyLucky

• I made this account when I was 16, don't judge me.
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 09:06:34 AM
[Sorry if I'm not supposed to post 'cause the thread's more than 120 days inactive, I'll delete if I have to]

Dir en Grey... meh.

I like the music and the and members themselves are kinda sexy but the live experience kinda killed it for me. Why?

I was in the front row, I was trusted to be allowed to stand in FRONT of the guardrail just slightly, I was leaning against one of the two biggest speakers in the house [which wasn't that big at all, actually- Club Firestone] and I couldn't hear shit. Why?

Screaming. Not normal screaming, but "AHHHKYO!DIE!KAOKAO!AISHITERUYO!DAISUKI!LASEHFIAGSVGIAVSKGADHVVFH!".
I don't even know what they were playing. The only reason I know they played "Obscure" for the last song is because I heard the opening notes before the screaming went from mild to 'oh, God, make it stop'.

But I was right in front of Die and he spat water on me, so... :]

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 08:05:22 PM
Mighty Boosh icon!!! Love!

Sorry the fangirls killed Diru for you XD. With me, growing up did.
I listened to them all the time when I was 14, but now I really don't like their music anymore. I think they were part of my angry adolescent music.
I still like Kyo's voice though :D.

Maybe you'll see them live again some other time and have a better experience?

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 10:24:03 PM
Cage is okay, but other than that song, not very interesting

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #50 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:37 AM
yeah, cage is cool.... but that's it for me as well xD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 15, 2009, 07:59:06 PM
I was in the front row, I was trusted to be allowed to stand in FRONT of the guardrail just slightly, I was leaning against one of the two biggest speakers in the house [which wasn't that big at all, actually- Club Firestone] and I couldn't hear shit. Why?

Screaming. Not normal screaming, but "AHHHKYO!DIE!KAOKAO!AISHITERUYO!DAISUKI!LASEHFIAGSVGIAVSKGADHVVFH!".
I don't even know what they were playing. The only reason I know they played "Obscure" for the last song is because I heard the opening notes before the screaming went from mild to 'oh, God, make it stop'.

Tsshh, I know what you mean.
Dir en Grey is okay, but I hate 90% of the fanbase.

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #52 on: May 15, 2009, 08:24:31 PM
I used to think DeG sucked, but today I tried some of their songs and they weren't that bad. Songs like Obscure ain't my piece of cake, though.

Offline PunkyLucky

• I made this account when I was 16, don't judge me.
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 01, 2009, 01:41:27 AM
@ Scooter & MIHO: You'd think they would know better than to act like deranged jackasses, but...

That's why the next time I go I'll be drunk. Or at least buzzin. I'll find some way to enjoy it, I'm sure.

Offline Sweets

• View Profile
    • Sweets' Deviant ART
Reply #54 on: August 08, 2009, 12:46:11 AM
They finally came to Ireland this year as part of the Kerrang! tour, I had the money to go and even a way to get to Dublin, which is about two and half to three hours drive from where I live, but tickets sold out though. Which was a major kick up the arse :(

I adore them, especially Uroboros, my faves from the album are Vinushuka and Glass Skin - my Mam got me the album for Christmas :)

Offline BloodofBathory

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • MySpace page
Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 05:07:50 AM
I loooove Dir en Grey. I went to see them last year in Seattle. It was so AWSOME. They played my three favorite songs. 凌辱の雨, The Final, and Concieved Sorrow. I was scaring my friends before the show because I was so excited. LOL :D
I really like Dozing Green, and I've always liked Kyo's screaming. It's quite beautiful.
I guess they were supposed to join Lacuna Coil, Kill Hannah, and Seventh Void earlier this year but something happened and thier plans fell through.
That concert would've been one big orgasm...especially since it was on the same night that VAMPS was playing.
I like that they're coming to America more...give me more of chance to see them. Most Japanese bands only tour Europe :( It's not fair to American/Canadian fans.

The seven vices I love ~ They are all sweet poison ~ Born from my mouth

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 08:00:26 AM
DIR EN GREY to halt their activities
DIR EN GREY has announced that they will be putting a halt to their activities due to the health of vocalist Kyo.

tokyohivepreviously reported that Kyo was diagnosed with vocal cord nodule and voice disorder. As a result, the band canceled their North American tour which was scheduled for this spring.

At the moment, Kyo’s disorder does not pose a major obstacle to his day-to-day life. However, he must refrain from using his voice, and rest as much as possible. Surgery may be required depending on the progress of his recovery.

The members left a comment on their official website saying, “We apologize from the bottom of our hearts for the trouble this has caused our fans and everyone concerned. We hope you will understand that this is a difficult decision as a band. We are always thankful for the support from our fans.”

http://electrichost.net/pr-articles/news/339-dir-en-grey-to-halt-their-activities#.TzN7Lmy-iMw.twitter

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:30 PM
Btw. how do you like their newest album, dum spiro spero ?

Offline elanor

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 09:22:16 PM
Btw. how do you like their newest album, dum spiro spero ?

It´s gorgeous! and i can´t wait to see them in Tokyo live end of December :)

Humans need to believe in things that aren´t true. How else can they  become? (Terry Pratchett -Hogfather)

Offline eda

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:26 AM
Oh I haven't been here fo a long time (>.<) dum spiro spero is one of the best in my opinion and now, aftek kyo's throat problem, I wonder how he sounds like I wihs everything with his throath is ok, i mean he sounds like kyo XD and growl, i love his growl! :D