Some reading about the postponement of the Paris live

Sander · 7884

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: November 14, 2008, 11:24:53 AM
Note that the writing below might contain inaccuracies and should not be taken as the pure truth. But it's interesting to read anyway.

http://community.livejournal.com/xjapan/276786.html

This is my administrator color.

Offline Ugly Pink Machine

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 01:00:49 PM
kind of mysterious o0" ... but definitely worth reading I think. I really would like to know what's truth and what's fake.

"Quarks, neutrons, mesons... Alle those damn particles you can't see... That's what drove me to drink. Now I can see them!"

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:17:38 PM
If by chance that is true, I can't help but feel sad for Yoshiki. Then again, I also feel sad for the people who emptied their wallets into this trip :( So much pain from all this...

"Let me forget all of the hate, all of the saddness."

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:53:50 PM
wait, wait, wasn't you hypno the one who didn't allow us to post YM messages or link to pages where there were YM messages? why are you doing it now? :S explain me
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:00:13 PM by darkcat21 »

hi there

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:05 PM
I think that's close to the truth. I hope you send some positive messages to the band's website. We should not think badly about Yoshiki or the band even though they've had problems. It may be difficult in our individualistic Western culture where our private satisfaction and service[1] is top priority, but still we should try.

[1] I mean all these "I'll see you in court unless you apologize for your misbehavior", "I want my money back for bad quality of teaching", etc. type of thinking. Western people can be very intolerant of what is to them an obstacle, misconduct, and error. In truth, however, it is suffering and obstacles that is the optimum state in terms of creativity, desire to perform, appreciation of things, emotional sensitivity, and so on. An easy life is a poison, just like the blindness when you're driving very fast and cannot see around you but only the road straight ahead.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 05:45:56 PM
wait, wait, wasn't you hypno the one who didn't allow us to post YM messages or link to pages where there were YM messages? why are you doing it now? :S explain me
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing this one explained too. :D  Especially since it says in the rules:
4. YoshikiMobile messages or messages from similar sources are not allowed on the forum.

Oops.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 06:49:24 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing this one explained too. :D  Especially since it says in the rules:
4. YoshikiMobile messages or messages from similar sources are not allowed on the forum.

Oops.

Good point. Perhaps the rules should be revised a bit in cases like this for example, since the non-Japanese cannot access YM anyway... At least until YM covers the rest of the world. If sheer bureaucracy keeps away vital information on X Japan on a fanboard, it's regrettable indeed. That same bureaucracy could cost X Japan fans (and income), even more sorry a scenario. A Pyrrhic victory for bureaucracy, at best.

It's like limited Bible prophecies we've all gathered to hear, due to which some are willing to travel thousands of miles and pay hundreds of euros, dollars or whatever, were banned in your primary Christian group, citing Satan as the cause (bureaucracy is quite similarly antithetical with the spirit of X Japan as has been previously pointed out). To continue the analogy, only those of True Faith by birth (i.e., the Japanese) are allowed to hear them even though they deal with the very issues the others would need to hear, and could hear. Salvation is denied from all.

PS. There's no "pure truth" that we can know about.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 06:53:58 PM
Okay, nice little timeline there.

Just one minor problem: where the hell did they get the idea that Yoshiki ran away and slept on a park bench from? If they could show me a source for that, I'd be less sceptical about this person's views.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 07:33:27 PM
"Japanese newspaper has announced X Japan will disband on the first day of world tour" ...What?

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 07:45:31 PM
"Japanese newspaper has announced X Japan will disband on the first day of world tour" ...What?

That's a misquote from Sanspo, who said that the title of the tour, that being "Final ~ to end our pain" may be referring to another breakup. Nothing is confirmed yet, it is mere speculation.

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 08:57:12 PM
It may be difficult in our individualistic Western culture where our private satisfaction and service[1] is top priority, but still we should try.

I assure you that many people from collectivist cultures are also just as pissed.

But yeah, this dodgy translation is looking... well... dodgy.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 10:01:44 PM
Okay, nice little timeline there.

Just one minor problem: where the hell did they get the idea that Yoshiki ran away and slept on a park bench from? If they could show me a source for that, I'd be less sceptical about this person's views.

They sort of hinted at Yoshiki Mobile being the source for the entire thing. Which I find rather unreliable; (in case it is actually true) I don't think Yoshiki's rage fits/mental health troubles would be put out in the light that easily, let alone would he want to talk about them on an official mobile phone service. But who knows, crazy as he is.

Regarding the entire thing, to me the text felt a bit too emotional and lacking a whole lot of accuracy. I'd say there might be some truth to it but generally, those are probably just fan-deductions, speculation and drama. On the other hand, we know for a fact that the tour was cancelled two weeks before the first event and that almost surely means something went wrong.

I'd also appreciate if somebody could link or mention their sources and then, if I find them reliable, I might then start to consider the truth of that timeline.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 10:25:59 PM
I made a decision... not because of reading this. But because I could. I was disappointed and angry and it was first time I didn't know who to blame for my anger and frustration. There was no certain person for me to be angry with. And there still isn't. Yet I feel reassured, not only because of reading this, that I don't want to blame the band itself.

I BELIEVE IN YOSHIKI. I BELIEVE IN X JAPAN.

WE ARE X!

May X be with you!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 10:29:14 PM
That things did really appear on YM, but the person of livejournal is giving a 'pessimistic view' of the events, which actually aren't that pessimist or bad... being depressed, breaking things, getting angry are things that Yoshiki has done all his life, but now that there're these problems with the concerts the keep more attention on this 'normal' events.

hi there

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 11:18:09 PM
That things did really appear on YM, but the person of livejournal is giving a 'pessimistic view' of the events, which actually aren't that pessimist or bad... being depressed, breaking things, getting angry are things that Yoshiki has done all his life, but now that there're these problems with the concerts the keep more attention on this 'normal' events.

So the fits of rage and the running away/sleeping on the streets are confirmed as being true?

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 11:48:35 PM

So the fits of rage and the running away/sleeping on the streets are confirmed as being true?

I agree with darkcat, then. I don't think this is reason for us to weep and wail and predict tragedy about X once "drama" has always been their middle name.

As for Yoshiki breaking things and sleeping outdoors, I simply think it's nothing out of this world. I hope getting his windows fixed is not too expensive, poor wallet of his. And he's not the king of the Universe so, and far as I know, sleeping out in the open once in a while is only good for you. Cools your melting brains. Helps you grow up. And prevents wrinkles.  :P

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 03:25:06 PM

Oops.
I didn't post YM messages or messages from similar sources (that means from a paid-subscription source). Besides, with some certain staff leaving, some rules might be applied more loosely.

Besides, I'd appreciate if you wouldn't visit the forum (or at least post) only to complain about everything.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 03:38:55 PM

Oops.
I didn't post YM messages or messages from similar sources (that means from a paid-subscription source). Besides, with some certain staff leaving, some rules might be applied more loosely.

Besides, I'd appreciate if you wouldn't visit the forum (or at least post) only to complain about everything.

Ahh, so basically - you are now aquiring back the control to your own forum? :p

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 03:50:36 PM
I'd prefer 're-orientating it more towards the fans' :P

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 07:59:51 PM
sorry, but you linked to a page which contains YM messages, and this has been forbidden in this forum until now that you did it :S did the rules change?

and until there's no rule which says I can't, I will complaint whatever I want

hi there

Offline MisterEN

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 04:26:30 AM
sorry, but you linked to a page which contains YM messages, and this has been forbidden in this forum until now that you did it :S did the rules change?

and until there's no rule which says I can't, I will complaint whatever I want

Can we lay off this issue? Hypno has tried to politely say that PN is no longer here so we can now discuss/post stuff she wouldn't deem "worthy". Honestly this is a win for everyone now, PN left and we can now discuss what we want, any further discussion of this issue is beating a dead horse and isn't necessary.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 10:19:07 AM
Can we lay off this issue? Hypno has tried to politely say that PN is no longer here so we can now discuss/post stuff she wouldn't deem "worthy". Honestly this is a win for everyone now, PN left and we can now discuss what we want, any further discussion of this issue is beating a dead horse and isn't necessary.

Wow.

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 10:47:09 AM
PN leaving doesn't mean we can break all rules now, but some rules aren't applied as roughly. If you don't like it, hit the little X button in the upper right (upper left for Macs?) corner of the window. And I'd appreciate if we'd get back on the topic.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 11:16:33 AM
PN leaving doesn't mean we can break all rules now, but some rules aren't applied as roughly. If you don't like it, hit the little X button in the upper right (upper left for Macs?) corner of the window. And I'd appreciate if we'd get back on the topic.

I'll get this thread back on topic 8)

I personally think that while not everything may be exactly true, it sure isn't all fake.
It's clear that something went wrong at the last moment and it's very likely that the new management imposed Yoshiki to let them handle everything since it was all getting quite messy.

Even though I'm still a bit pissed about the money I have lost, I think this change will be for the better and I'm now more confident about the next live actually taking place.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 01:10:58 PM

THIS.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 10:17:16 PM
So if darkcat discusses something directly related to the first post of the thread, that's offtopic for the thread?  Well, that's certainly a novel approach.

Oh, and the rules that "aren't applied as roughly" now-- you mean those same rules that you went to great lengths to repeatedly insist had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with PN? :D

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]