• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The Likely End of TheOtherEast.com

Lee · 2077

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: November 10, 2008, 06:34:11 PM
Today my domain name expired, my network guy forgot to tell me it was due.  Some polish guy came and bought it. He sent me a BS ransom email saying "I don't usually sell my domain names, I bought this for 1,500$ what will you offer."  For one that's a lie, no way in hell it cost that much, second I investigated this guy and he's squatting on 160 other URLs.

Obviously I can't afford to pay this guy a grand.  So unless some break through happens, TOE will have to be born again.  I somehow doubt he'd settle for a hundred bucks or something.

So just a PSA, anything from the domain theothereast.com is not affiliated with me.

I'm relaunching later today with a new URL, but it's going to be a loooooong way back to building up my reader base who I have no way of informing of what's going on (at least not all of them). I can't really see myself joining the staffs of any other Jrock sites but I'll entertain requests.

I'll keep you all updated
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:17:21 PM by Lee »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:16:22 PM
Whoa,that guy is a jerk, good luck!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:21:50 PM
Yeah it sure doesn't look like what it used to be, sure sucks for you. I'm glad my host spams me with the bills all the time so I won't forget them.

Anyway, good luck with getting it back or setting up a new page!

PS. I posted this in the News also, might get a bit more attention.

This is my administrator color.

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:29:07 PM
That's really sad!
But I do think you'll get back most of the old readers since they will try to find out what happened to the site, and the word will spread!

Good luck with the new site, I'll be sure to read it :)

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:45 PM
Same happened to me with one of my GNR website. I just changed the .com in .net ;D