What would you like to see on an X Freaks web page

Sander · 8125

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
on: October 26, 2008, 07:28:08 PM
A web page was the first thing that I thought of making after I had opened this forum way back in 2006. There have even been a few attempts to start creating it, over the years, but none has gotten very far. Now however, with the forum being bigger than ever and X being back together (wow that rhymes), I'm sure we can make it happen.

For that I ask for your assistance. I'm asking you, what would you like to see on an X Freaks web page? We'll be surely publishing the latest X related news from around the world. Another thing we'll be sure to include is a place where fans could post and view their and each others work- covers, cosplay, drawings and other art. Of course we'll also have overviews of the band and members and such, but I'm sure with your ideas we can make it an even better place!

So feel free to post your ideas here or send them to me personally (MSN, e-mail or whatever).

I already thank you in advance for all the ideas. I'm sure that together we are strong and able to create a great website!

We are X!

This is my administrator color.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 08:52:58 PM
Members could post reviews of CD's and DVD's.
And translated interviews and such.

Just giving ideas :D

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:33:50 PM
I agree with reviews and translations.  I also love the idea of covers/cosplays.  It would show the band how much we want to be just like them :D (if they ever happened across the page, anyway.)  I don't know what else...

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:31:15 AM
Well, it would be cool if it could have all the information there is on X.....ah.......yea...... :D What do you guys think on it being a wiki???

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:56:50 AM
What I wanna see on the homepage, well the 'usual' stuff, Bandhistory, Members, Discography, stuff like that, so that people who aren't that familiar with the band can get a good impression.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 07:22:30 AM
About the wiki and general information.... We have some stuff in planning already so I'd love to see other ideas as well :)

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 07:25:24 AM
have this in mind for quite sometime together with my e-mail to sander (about the shoutbox thing).
just don't know how you guys can pick up something and incorporate it to the present set up.
'nywayz, this is just a suggestion so there's no harm in trying... as the saying goes.
this is in addition to what matthias and mC suggest, maybe not as comprehensive as wiki though *winks*

All about You
    Where X can read our opinions, comments and/or suggestions
           (as if they will spare us their precious times, haha!!! Maybe.. who knows? just a thought)
     Sub topic:
             Creative works- can post arts, designs, cosplays
             Happy Birthday Greetings
             Thoughts and Musings –  a place to unwind and relax… (under off topic?)

Latest News
             so that we don’t have to look elsewhere as long as it come from reliable and official
             sources… *am just lazy i guess*

Images/Gallery
       Photos classified as from:
               album covers, promotions etc
               Mags and newspapers 
               Concerts
               Ads and endorsements

Transcripts:
         Translated interviews
         CD and DVD reviews
         English lyrics of their songs (we just have to ask katrin for this)

X Archive (their not so old things from when they started young up to their last live only)
        Early TV appearances
        Early endorsements
        Pictures of times
        Good Old News

Clips
      All video clips
      Covers

Chat
      All chat goes here

Pep Talk
(this is us and for us members to better understand each other)
         Announcements – meet up, information on sick members, loss of love ones, etc..
         Let’s learn Japanese – since we love X, we should at least learn some of their
                       language and I think this is not a problem for us ‘coz we have so many
                       Japanese-fluent members here. This may come handy as we watch their
                       concerts.

Learnings and Inspirations
             any poems, stories, letters, pictures that we want to share that can serve as
             inspiration to us or just to make us smile.

Offline yo say anything

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 07:44:01 AM
Maybe you can add some other freaks' web link at the botton of the page.
And I like to see all kind of news about this coming world tour.You can add a part to show the hotest topic in a week,then every visitor can get the point better.
The most favourite for me is all kind of DIY,like wallpapers,skins,themes and so on.Maybe you can reward these person to improve the ambition.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 09:28:00 AM
A complete list of all their lives (including indies) and if possible with setlists and pictures, if there are any [maybe even info whether there exists a PRO SHOT recording].
A list of articles published in magazines with dates and issues number.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:46:42 AM by Menacia »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 10:11:57 AM
About videos and music, everything bigger than low quality short samples is really off-limits. I do not intend to go official or anything, but avoiding bigger copyright breaches would be great :P

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 01:47:23 PM
Maybe we can add something like an open blog?
Idea would be that every member would be able to write an entry there. Not daily of course and not randomly - maybe weekly and then only one (the writers could apply with a short description of the content and then we could toss who can publish).
People who had been on an X concert could write about it, people who didn't could maybe write about a special experience they had in connection with X, about an X party they had with friends, about meetings at conventions where they cosplayed an X member or have seen cosplays of band members - with or without photos/drawings and so on... Or maybe just post something entertaining which is connected to X... like some comedy text or what ever.
Entries shouldn't be forced of course and also it's not that necessary to update the blog regularly then. Whenever there's someone who wants to share experience, he/she would have a chance there and whenever there are more people applying, we toss who's first and so on.

Just an idea... don't know how I got it to be honest, but I thought it could be interesting to have something like an X Freaks diary. ;D

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline narratress

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 04:30:19 PM
XFreaks diary sounds cool, but we also have the forum where people share their stories, it would be kind of double. (I like blogging, don't get me wrong!)

I suggest going around other kinds of fansites and get ideas from there. But I think it's cool you are going to do this. Good luck!

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 01:22:20 PM
XFreaks diary sounds cool, but we also have the forum where people share their stories, it would be kind of double. (I like blogging, don't get me wrong!)
Yeah, but I don't actually mean it to be like the posts in the forum like "OMG, I WAS THERE! AWSOME!!!" but rather some longer report/story - things that would be slightly too long for posting in threads.
What ever, it's just a suggestion anyway. :)

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse