• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X's worst song

madrigal · 52117

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: August 20, 2010, 10:55:21 AM
I was going to say Drain, but then I remembered White Poem 1. Seriously, what the hell is that piece of crap techno track doing on an X album. Its a shame Toshi's vocals from White Poem couldn't have been in another song, because they're amazing, such a shame the rest of the song is complete rubbish imo.

It's just a Violet UK song, only before Violet UK existed.
If I recall correctly Drain was a hide song that actually has an English version on the Zilch album.
OK I gonna get probably flamed for it but I'm just not feeling Born to be Free. It feels amateurish. They could have done soooooooooo much better.

I was referring to White Poem I

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: August 20, 2010, 03:10:26 PM
It was still put on the Dahlia album, making it an X Japan song.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: August 20, 2010, 03:18:48 PM
Oh yes, the Dahlia album .... Do we really want to open this Pandora's box?

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: August 20, 2010, 03:53:28 PM

Ah yes...the Dahlia album...the album where they decided to go half and half on rock songs and ballads, where most of the songs on the album were already released as singles and essentially giving us almost nothing new when the album was released...yea, I think I know that album. That album which I recall reading something that said that Toshi thought "he never felt the album was complete"...where I have the same feeling, because I think it could have used another rock song or two...still a good album, but it could have used actual new material instead using so many previous singles. They should have left some of those singles as only singles, like Standing Sex (even though Standing Sex was suppose to make an appearance on Jealousy, but apparently wasn't finished in time).

>~X~<

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: August 20, 2010, 04:29:12 PM
Songs that I dislike most: Love replica [because of the French], Standing sex+ Stab me in the back [text], White poem and Easy Fight [it just doesn’t touch me at all]

lol, am I the only one who likes that piano solo in Art of life?  To be honest, at first it shocked me and seemed to me TOO strange\wild\crazy\long, but having listened to it few times I kinda liked this wildly part cuz it brings a bit of chaos in the song by destroying its harmony and also it intensifies all the feelings…. hence after the solo it even MORE interesting to listen to the rest of the song.. don’t know how to explain better, sorry ^^'….

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: August 20, 2010, 04:35:34 PM

Ah yes...the Dahlia album...the album where they decided to go half and half on rock songs and ballads, where most of the songs on the album were already released as singles and essentially giving us almost nothing new when the album was released...yea, I think I know that album. That album which I recall reading something that said that Toshi thought "he never felt the album was complete"...where I have the same feeling, because I think it could have used another rock song or two...still a good album, but it could have used actual new material instead using so many previous singles. They should have left some of those singles as only singles, like Standing Sex (even though Standing Sex was suppose to make an appearance on Jealousy, but apparently wasn't finished in time).

It's not an album, it's a 1993 - 1996 singles compilation. It was like buying an album for 4:46 minutes of unreleased music.

The only new material on the album was Wriggle and Drain, oh, and a remix of White Poem I.

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: August 20, 2010, 05:38:15 PM
Songs that I dislike most: Love replica [because of the French], Standing sex+ Stab me in the back [text], White poem and Easy Fight [it just doesn’t touch me at all]

lol, am I the only one who likes that piano solo in Art of life?  To be honest, at first it shocked me and seemed to me TOO strange\wild\crazy\long, but having listened to it few times I kinda liked this wildly part cuz it brings a bit of chaos in the song by destroying its harmony and also it intensifies all the feelings…. hence after the solo it even MORE interesting to listen to the rest of the song.. don’t know how to explain better, sorry ^^'….

I do think the piano solo is relevant but after listening to it for 17 years it loses some of it's impact.

As for my least favorite... without a doubt it's Longing. I can't listen to it without thinking of a Barry Manilow song.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: August 20, 2010, 06:57:39 PM
It is not really a whole piano solo, a part of it are 2 piano's, and the 2 piano's are communicating to each other. The piano piece in art of life is really very important part from that song.
I really like it very much, because of its intensity also. I see a great mix of feelings in that piano part, love feelings, frustrating feelings, all sort of feelings are there in. Very very great to listen to it, but also you must LOOK to it, not only listen to it.

EDIT: I can't explain good in English for that piano piece, but it is really full of feelings, who make that I understand the musician, his love and his frustrations.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:01:33 PM by Ann1958 »

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: August 20, 2010, 09:28:35 PM
It's not an album, it's a 1993 - 1996 singles compilation. It was like buying an album for 4:46 minutes of unreleased music.

The only new material on the album was Wriggle and Drain, oh, and a remix of White Poem I.

Umm,. if I recall correctly Scars was new as well. Pretty sure the scars single was released AFTER the Dahlia album.

Offline voicelesscreamer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: August 20, 2010, 09:58:42 PM
There isnt worst song , its all up to everybody opinion :)

But I dont like Love Replica , caz its scary !!  lol , maybe its a funny reason ... :)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: August 21, 2010, 02:21:38 AM
It is not really a whole piano solo, a part of it are 2 piano's, and the 2 piano's are communicating to each other. The piano piece in art of life is really very important part from that song.
I really like it very much, because of its intensity also. I see a great mix of feelings in that piano part, love feelings, frustrating feelings, all sort of feelings are there in. Very very great to listen to it, but also you must LOOK to it, not only listen to it.

EDIT: I can't explain good in English for that piano piece, but it is really full of feelings, who make that I understand the musician, his love and his frustrations.

Couldn't have said it better myself, the piano solo is one of high points of the song, it demonstrates the passion that went into this song. Yoshiki plays the solo so passionately, and you can feel the intensity of an obscure emotion that Yoshiki emotes through the strings of his piano. You can see this when he plays the solo live, he moves and jerks his body as he plays the song, especially when the breaks of insanity start to appear.

Yoshiki's piano solos are something special in there own, I love the piano work X Japan has in their music. Its simply beautiful.

>~X~<

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: August 21, 2010, 02:50:13 AM
There isn't a particular song that sticks out, I enjoy the majority of their work, even if they have gone through some stylistic changes, I enjoy both their rock and classical music...however: The following songs...blah blah blah...

Forget what I said about Born To Be Free, I just watch the Yokohama live version again, and I love it now, haha.

>~X~<

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:36 AM
I guess it works better live then as a PV.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: September 04, 2010, 03:37:20 PM
Easy Fight Rambling or Desperate Angel. I still laugh every time I hear Desperate Angel. It just sounds so outdated haha.

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

CharonCaori

Reply #134 on: September 04, 2010, 11:00:04 PM
Desperate Angel. I'm sorry, parts of it are fun, but the opening just makes me instinctively reach for the "next" button every single time...

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: September 04, 2010, 11:22:44 PM
Desperate Angel. I'm sorry, parts of it are fun, but the opening just makes me instinctively reach for the "next" button every single time...

Yes these songs sound a bit dated but they are over 20 years old. They have their charm. Sometimes I wonder what you guys would think of Janis Joplin or The Who...

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: September 05, 2010, 12:01:32 AM

Sometimes I wonder what you guys would think of Janis Joplin or The Who...[/sub]

I love both. As for Desperate Angel, the song is great, but that opening is so cheesy and horrible, also"sadness in your eeeeye" makes me cringe a little as well.

If they ever played the song again or rerecorded it I reckon they should completely get rid of that intro and get rid of the echo/double voice effect on Toshi's voice.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:05:16 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: September 05, 2010, 12:14:53 AM
Yup, those songs have potential. They just need to be tweaked a bit and the old cheese lyrics fixed.

I am NOT a fangirl!

CharonCaori

Reply #138 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:13 AM

Yes these songs sound a bit dated but they are over 20 years old. They have their charm. Sometimes I wonder what you guys would think of Janis Joplin or The Who...
*I'M* over 20 years old. Heh. Seriously though, I like old music. I listen to Janis Joplin and The Who. My other favorite band is Pink Floyd. I was enjoying some Otis Redding today. And I LIKE cheesy 80s music; Oingo Boingo happens to be one of my favorite bands. But this song is just... Ugh. It's everything bad about the 80s. The reverb, the ridiculous chorus, the stereotypical riff... I think I even heard some cowbell! It just sounds like every other 80s metal song. It's not my thing.

I like the bridge, but the rest of the song just drives me nuts.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:06 AM
For those who don't like Desperate Angel: look at this!
I would have LOVED to see them perform Desperate Angel at that time!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyJtgEGabYA[/youtube]

(The Who! That is my very very young time and I Loved them too!)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: September 05, 2010, 09:40:13 AM
I've always thought with that live version they shouldn't have a second track of Toshi singing in the chorus, just makes it almost as poppy/cheesy/whatever as the studio version.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 09:47:41 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: September 05, 2010, 10:07:56 AM
Wondering what is the meaning of poppy and cheesy???
Don't understand...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: September 05, 2010, 02:29:09 PM
I'm not even sure I'm describing it right, hence why I said "/whatever". Those things in the song I mentioned I just find a bit ott, especially the intro.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: September 05, 2010, 06:00:31 PM

Wondering what is the meaning of poppy and cheesy???
Don't understand...

Poppy = reminiscent of pop music and a definite no-no if you are trying to write a hard rock song.
Cheesy = from Wikipedia "Trite, contrived, cliche. Often of poor quality; shoddy; unintentionally disingenuous, lacking subtlety and lacking discernment." Simply put: as bad as the worst pick-up lines you've ever heard in a bar. :D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #144 on: September 05, 2010, 06:11:33 PM
I was never particularly big on White Poem I. It always seemed sort of unfinished to me.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

CharonCaori

Reply #145 on: September 05, 2010, 06:50:49 PM
For those who don't like Desperate Angel: look at this!
I would have LOVED to see them perform Desperate Angel at that time!
This song is just 5 times more hilarious with Toshi's hair. The way the band dressed always makes me think they were playing a game of cowboys and indians against each other or something...

Oh god that was funny. Thank you. I still don't really like the song, but that would've been really fun to watch.

Offline Alice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: September 16, 2010, 07:08:37 PM
I don't like rusty nail. I think it's to pop and not X Japan's style. I just don't like.

CharonCaori

Reply #147 on: September 26, 2010, 10:14:42 PM
I thought I'd say that I just caught myself furiously headbanging to the solo in Desperate Angel. Haha. I just wish they'd fix the vocals in the chorus.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: September 26, 2010, 10:24:19 PM
If they ever rerecord it, I reckon they should get rid of that opening few seconds (sounds so bad! XD), remove the echo effects on Toshi's voice and maybe if he sang a note lower during the chorus, then that would be a great new version.

Offline darkmoon

• View Profile
Reply #149 on: October 24, 2010, 10:03:45 PM
i see lots of dislikes of longing.....
well, that's actually my all time fave...i fell in love with this song and toshi's voice without knowing this band existed. hence the 3 years search of who sang that song and finally found out about x japan...

i dont hate any of their songs...but the one i just dont get is love replica...the 1st time i listened to it, i was like'.....ok? shall i say interesting piece....?'