• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Gackt in "Fuurinkazan"

Guest · 4607

PanthereNoire

on: January 11, 2007, 02:50:29 AM
I thought that I post for those who are interested either in him or Japanese history or both a bit of background on the whole thing.

Here is a link to the character he plays (one of the three central characters), Kamisugi Kenshin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uesugi_Kenshin

(wikipedia lists the clan name as "Uesugi" but they are wrong. :P )

His rival, Takeda Shingen (from whose standard with the kanji for wind (fuu), forrest (rin or hayashi - and yes, that's Yoshiki's family name's kanji, too - wooded area smaller than mori or wood), ka (fire) and san - or zan after another ward - (mountain)):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeda_Shingen

And a bit of historical background, about Sengoku Jidai, the Age of the Warring States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_Jidai

Offline hyderix

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jablaylanang
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:10:46 AM
wew..actualy I don't know what you're talking about...

fuurinkanzen right? and gackt is the main actor right?

but i don't understand about the story...

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

PanthereNoire

Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 07:39:44 AM
He is ONE of the THREE central people of the story.

Gackt is playing Kamisugi Kenshin, a feudal lord during the "Warring Countries" period of Japan's history and biggest rival of Takeda Shingen, who was another feudal lord of the same period and area.

Fuurinkazan is a historical drama based on the story of the rivalry between them. It'll be aired on NHK from now on until autumn this year.

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:42:23 AM
Umm, maybe slightly inappropriate question, but would you please write something like few lines about your impressions on the drama (..... or Gackt.... :twisted: Oooh I'm way somewhere I don't belong ;p) after you watch it?  :twisted:

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

PanthereNoire

Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:12:04 AM
So far, only the first part has been aired and he hasn't made an appearance yet - I will post about it when he does (if I remember to watch: I have seen the same drama with other casts half a dozen times before, it's a very popular one).

One thing I can say now though, from pictures: he makes a very pretty samurai and I wouldn't mind at all catching him and keeping him prisoner. :twisted:

Unfortunately for me, that doesn't happen in the story. :P

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 10:16:55 AM
Oh, nothing against you, but I think that if he's such a pretty (and skilled, yeah) samurai as it sounds from your description, he would soon find a way out to take care about other duties :wink:

PanthereNoire

Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 10:25:14 AM
Don't bet on him before you've seen my rope skills . . . I was in the boy scouts once. :twisted:

The problem wouldn't be so much in keeping him than catching him. ;)

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 10:27:56 AM
.... One wannabe vampire is never so intraceable to not be caught.... ;o

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:30:40 AM
PN>> Hell. I wanted to argue with being in girl scouts and so I would soo like to help him find a way out, but that is nothing compared to boy scouts, I give up.  :lol: Poor Gakuchan, no way to save him *tears*

PanthereNoire

Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 10:37:04 AM
Quote from: "Lights"
.... One wannabe vampire is never so intraceable to not be caught.... ;o

Garlic, emeralds and silver crosses all help when dealing with vampires . . .

PanthereNoire

Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 10:37:52 AM
Quote from: "Valentine"
PN>> Hell. I wanted to argue with being in girl scouts and so I would soo like to help him find a way out, but that is nothing compared to boy scouts, I give up.  :lol: Poor Gakuchan, no way to save him *tears*

And I think you just don't want me to catch him so you can give it a try yourself! ;)

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 10:42:10 AM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"

And I think you just don't want me to catch him so you can give it a try yourself! ;)

Ooh but that was really rude. Why should I want him? He must be a sweet and and... just does not belong to hands of someone like you. *some smilie*

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 10:43:44 AM

Depends. I would not risk it with just one of those, one is so likely to fail.... use it all if you don't catch him normally.

Which you aren't very likely to, because as was mentioned above, he is to be skilled.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 10:45:28 AM
.... Sunlight. You *totally* forgot sunlight. I knew there oughta be something.  :twisted:

PanthereNoire

Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 10:49:31 AM
Quote from: "Valentine"

Ooh but that was really rude. Why should I want him? He must be a sweet and and... just does not belong to hands of someone like you. *some smilie*

Oh, and who's hands does he belong then? ;)

And I didn't say I want to me mean to him, I just said it should be fun to catch him . . .

PanthereNoire

Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:52:48 AM
Quote from: "Lights"

Depends. I would not risk it with just one of those, one is so likely to fail.... use it all if you don't catch him normally.

Which you aren't very likely to, because as was mentioned above, he is to be skilled.

Ganging up on me, tsk!

Well, there is an easy solution: I will just so NOT post about the drama and his appearance in it now! Ha!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

;)

And sunlight, yes, but that would hurt him and I don't want to hurt the poor pretty boy. :P

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 10:57:39 AM

Oh, and who's hands does he belong then? ;)

And I didn't say I want to me mean to him, I just said it should be fun to catch him . . .

What do you still have with hands? *does not know about hands*
Oh but you don't have to say you will be mean. That goes without saying... Especially because I'm sure he won't like his current position and as I said, he will try to get out to more important job.

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 11:00:29 AM

Ganging up on me, tsk!

Well, there is an easy solution: I will just so NOT post about the drama and his appearance in it now! Ha!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

;)

And sunlight, yes, but that would hurt him and I don't want to hurt the poor pretty boy. :P

Oh no matter, I will hear less about one weird man :lol:
Who said the injury would be permanent? You could keep him longer and claim that healing, as you like healing soo very much :twisted:

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:56 PM
Oh and I know the answer for the question of whose hands does Gackt belong to.

The answer is no ones, because he is master and thus the biiig boss :twisted:  8)

(Someone told me you told that someone something like this. Hehe.)

Poor pretty boy? Eh, pretty is the part I think we both can agree on, being "poor" I would rather reconsider, but maybe that is just me.

LOOOL.