• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

January 16 and 17 2009 -- Hong Kong

jacquien · 86487

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: January 18, 2009, 05:10:24 PM

edyork dont know why i wrote silent jealosy ...maybe I wished they perform that too much :/

hehe i want them to play silent jealousy too!!

edyork you can hear clearly hereToshi asked fans in Cantonese.."you are..?" (lei day hai?)...fans answered"X" ;D

when Yoshiki took his shirt off in the IV clip above, Toshi told the fans to 'Dai Sang Dee"  (louder)

yes i heard that haha so cute!! im glad they especially spoke cantonese to communicate.

Offline Immortal Angel

• Sunday Listener
  • yume ...
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #301 on: January 18, 2009, 08:05:42 PM
What about now? The next concert should be in Taipei, right? Are they giong home now or stay in China or ...? :)

And does sb know when they will release the EU dates?

(ok i think thats not ontopic anymore...)

X

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: January 18, 2009, 08:14:05 PM
Toshi is at home since today's morning, he took a night flight right after the concert.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: January 18, 2009, 09:04:51 PM
What about now? The next concert should be in Taipei, right? Are they giong home now or stay in China or ...? :)

And does sb know when they will release the EU dates?

(ok i think thats not ontopic anymore...)

Taipei live was postponed :S Next concerts will be at Tokyo Dome, probably in February.

hi there

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31:47 PM
It would be nice if the next concert is the Tokyo Dome, if it was recorded.....

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #305 on: January 18, 2009, 10:17:15 PM
Back in UK after going to the 17th show. Absolutely amazing! Will type more when I am not jetlagged haha

EDIT: magucathy -  I was also block 14! I was holding a smiling hide plush and was near the railings.

Particular highlights aside from the concert itself - Wave around the arena was greatness. Security guard telling some to stop taking photos by doing an X sign with his arms only for the photographer to give him an X gesture back. Regarding the hide cosplayer, does anyone know what she was doing when the concert ended? I saw lots of people crowding around taking photos but I didn't stop to see what was going on. There was this mental female fan near block 15 who was REALLY hyper (punching the air and going nuts).

All in all - best concert ever (for me at least)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:08:01 AM by TG »

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: January 19, 2009, 12:55:45 AM
my friend told me on 16th, when the audience sang endless rain together with toshi....the security guard CRIED ......... my frd was at block 13 on 16th.....

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: January 19, 2009, 05:03:41 AM
still so much in a x freak state despite two days since the concerts. 

yoshiki playing piano solo of AOL on 17th, the japanese girls who sat next to me couldnt believe they perform it on both nights ;D

yoshiki on drums and piano. longer than the earlier clip I think. i went absolutely mental during this part !!  I could hear my own scream LOL !!!!

guess

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: January 19, 2009, 05:47:03 AM
on 17.01,  I heard the security guards talking to each other, the one said as long as the fans just use the mobile or small digital camera to take pictures or record the concert, it's fine with them....  ha...ha... thanks to that, there are so many clips on youtube. :-)

TG :  Oh! you were also on Block 14 on Jan 16?? But I was sitting quite at the top of Blk 14.
on Jan 17 I was on Blk 7. I am still in HK now, will fly back to Germany after the chinese new year.
Maybe, we can meet in the Paris/Germany show!

Question to all the x freaks who went to the both concerts, which show do you like more? and why??

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: January 19, 2009, 10:14:50 AM
Did you see - on all the pics where Yo is playing the drums, there is a woman sitting next to the drums like a forgotten barby with kind a face expression "oh waht an ordinary day" ^^° *confused*
Is it a doctor of staff member? *just curious*

Perhaps it's something to do with artistic qualities (?). I would love it if they included some entirely new "spectacles" like that... That you would be left puzzling with. Because that's their avenue to distinguish themselves from the masses. The more stunts and unexpected turns/signs etc., the better.

Add to this new material and an old song every now and then plus flawless execution (it was pretty good now from what I've seen) and you got a Dir en Grey -calibre success (I think DEG is more popular globally now, the most popular Japanese band to my knowledge but correct me if I'm wrong).

From what I've seen, the shows were a success. I especially liked AoL Yoshiki piano part (if only they composed new songs with this mentality!) and Yoshiki switching between drums and piano. It's excellent to see that though he's a noted perfectionist, he has learned to laugh at himself (when he forgot how Mozart's Turkish March went). And Toshi has really improved on his vocal technique. He sings more from his chest than his throat which is technically important. On the other hand, a faulty performance gives added warmth and humanity to the songs...

EDIT: Sugizo could lift his profile a bit, I think. But, if the sickness story is true, it's understandable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:19:51 AM by X-J »

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Keiko1981

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: January 19, 2009, 10:24:35 AM
on 17.01,  I heard the security guards talking to each other, the one said as long as the fans just use the mobile or small digital camera to take pictures or record the concert, it's fine with them....  ha...ha... thanks to that, there are so many clips on youtube. :-)

Now that's some serious free PR. :)

Icon by: saturated_icons

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: January 19, 2009, 11:48:24 AM
Holly, do you have Art Of Life recorded? I'm getting annoyed by the lack of AoL on youtube, and was wondering if you had a recording of it.

Offline moonshadow

• View Profile
Reply #312 on: January 19, 2009, 01:35:46 PM
Back in UK after going to the 17th show. Absolutely amazing! Will type more when I am not jetlagged haha

EDIT: magucathy -  I was also block 14! I was holding a smiling hide plush and was near the railings.

Particular highlights aside from the concert itself - Wave around the arena was greatness. Security guard telling some to stop taking photos by doing an X sign with his arms only for the photographer to give him an X gesture back. Regarding the hide cosplayer, does anyone know what she was doing when the concert ended? I saw lots of people crowding around taking photos but I didn't stop to see what was going on. There was this mental female fan near block 15 who was REALLY hyper (punching the air and going nuts).

Regarding the hide cosplayer, we saw people crowding at her at the restroom to take photo with her on the 16 Jan.

Later on while we were waiting at the train platform at tsingyi, we saw her again with her friend. We thought the cosplayer was a male! From "his" back, we kept wondering how small "his" waist was for a guy!

LOL. Never would we thought the cosplayer is a girl.

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: January 19, 2009, 01:43:25 PM

Regarding the hide cosplayer, we saw people crowding at her at the restroom to take photo with her on the 16 Jan.

Later on while we were waiting at the train platform at tsingyi, we saw her again with her friend. We thought the cosplayer was a male! From "his" back, we kept wondering how small "his" waist was for a guy!

LOL. Never would we thought the cosplayer is a girl.

That cosplayer was seated 3 rows in front of me and it was totaly madness as she took her seat and I was trying to get closer to her at all cost but still with no success despite a lot were really helpful in giving way and let me moved as close as I could but fact is there were more than 30people at one time trying to take picture of her ;D and all i got was her red hair.  It was funny as hell.

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #314 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:09 PM
omg she's a she?
Then she must be the same person I saw that cosplay.com
She's the only hide cosplayer that is really alike. lol

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: January 19, 2009, 01:54:11 PM
Holly, do you have Art Of Life recorded? I'm getting annoyed by the lack of AoL on youtube, and was wondering if you had a recording of it.

I'm more annoyed by the lack of Without You on youtube as that was Toshi's best performance of the song since he first sang it live :)

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: January 19, 2009, 02:36:58 PM
+1 Toshi really did  a great Without You (I didn't really like the first ones, his voice didn't match)
Btw, someone posted a Youtube link with a part of Without You

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: January 19, 2009, 03:08:22 PM
+1 Toshi really did  a great Without You (I didn't really like the first ones, his voice didn't match)
Btw, someone posted a Youtube link with a part of Without You

yep i know and at that moment I was totally blown away by the awesomeness of Toshi how well he performed this time. 

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: January 19, 2009, 03:39:45 PM

sorry i missed your qn.  the clips on youtube are pretty much the same as mine, maybe you could find more being uploaded later.....

Offline moonshadow

• View Profile
Reply #319 on: January 19, 2009, 03:41:46 PM
That cosplayer was seated 3 rows in front of me and it was totaly madness as she took her seat and I was trying to get closer to her at all cost but still with no success despite a lot were really helpful in giving way and let me moved as close as I could but fact is there were more than 30people at one time trying to take picture of her ;D and all i got was her red hair.  It was funny as hell.

[/quote]

Haha

I did manage to take a photo of her with someone else. She does look like the person in cosplay.com.

Everyone was cheering her when she step into the concert hall on the 16 Jan, but the 17 Jan was the craziest. I was sitting on the opposite block and saw one big mob of people trying to take a picture of her.

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: January 19, 2009, 04:10:02 PM
yep I was at block B and she I thought was somewhere at the 1st of 2nd row on block 13 I believe and it was quite funny but everything/everybody on 17th had gone into such craziness I have never seen in any concerts in HK.

It was said by local media that these concerts have been the loudest ever to have held at the Asia World Expo.  Most concerts are held there these days, and the loud ones are western singers/groups but the X Japan concerts were something else.  Esp on 17th

Megucathy: During the moment i was walking out of the arena I thought to myself holy fuck it was so unbelievable so at the moment it was the best.  But you could feel the people were so much more crazy and becuase the first show that went to sale was the 17th so the most hardcore fans must have gone to that show.  I was so so surprised that they performed Orgasm and it was my dream whenever watching the last live as it was so much fun watching that song.  Not to mention that Toshi performed Tears to almost perfection and it's my favorite song, ever.  Funny part was that obviously the song was so difficult esp 'dry your tears with love, dry your tears with love...till the end many people couldnt reach those notes ..yet he finished with so much ease!!!! 

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: January 19, 2009, 04:15:21 PM
complete song of Kurenai

the 2nd part of AOL after Yo's piano solo.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:17:35 PM by holly.x »

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: January 19, 2009, 04:59:28 PM
i can't help but feel sad when they play Kurenai plus footage of hide together in the first part..

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: January 19, 2009, 05:37:55 PM
I dont know if it's truth, but from reading some of the local fansite, it was reported that they love us so much that they will perform again in HK! :D

Another news from Japan is that Tokyo Dome has prohibited the X Jump in their future concerts and it's going to be included in the contract ...???  What the...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 05:51:04 PM by holly.x »

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: January 19, 2009, 06:10:37 PM
Another news from Japan is that Tokyo Dome has prohibited the X Jump in their future concerts and it's going to be included in the contract ...???  What the...

Let's wait and see. Doubt they can forbid the audience to jump ;-) also don't understand why there should now be a problem with people jumping when there wasn't one for years.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #325 on: January 19, 2009, 06:27:04 PM
It sucks :'( there should be no problem with people jumping... it doesn't make the earth shaking in whole Japan...

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Immortal Angel

• Sunday Listener
  • yume ...
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #326 on: January 19, 2009, 06:34:18 PM
It sucks :'( there should be no problem with people jumping... it doesn't make the earth shaking in whole Japan...
Lol, yes, maybe they fear an earthquake XD

Naah they can't say to the fans that they are not allowed to jump on a X concert, how funny is that!! O.o

X

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: January 19, 2009, 06:41:20 PM
they already had this problem in 1996 in osaka, if i'm not wrong, but since they disbanded they didn't have again the problem

and of course 50,000 people jumping at the same time doesn't make the earth shaking in whole japan but yes in the whole neighbourhood, in this case the bunkyo one

and they won't allow them to jump, they will just sign a contract in which the band cannot to tell the fans to jump, and this includes the hide tobe tobe tobe scream on X

hi there

Offline Immortal Angel

• Sunday Listener
  • yume ...
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #328 on: January 19, 2009, 06:46:01 PM
how crazy is that >.<'' ...

X

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: January 19, 2009, 06:55:03 PM
If the news I read was right,  hide's brother was among one of the guys helped Yoshiki out in the drumset... he was one of the staff of the show and there was rumor that taiji was at the concert as well.

I swore I saw hide's brother on 17th and no one recogniseed him instantly including me.  he was walking around the management office and it was reported that Yoshiki sneaked out to have a look at 7ish.