Swedish Rapper rips off Crucify My Love

Sander · 16284

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic
Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 11:32:19 AM
O____O!! HAHAHAHAHA at first I thought that "oooooo shit... they are going to rape this song...." But when I heard it I realized that it was very beautiful!!!!!

And the lyrics were cute!! I understood those almost completely with my "great" Swedish skills XDDD

WE ARE X!!!

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 07:22:22 AM

MANY thanks to theothereast.com for this!

Obviously not enough thanks to link to me ,though

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 09:58:20 AM

Well it wasn't a direct link but it was the address so... And I'm sure most of the people here know about your website anyway.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:22:58 PM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:45 AM
Quote from: Hypno

Well it wasn't a direct link but it was the address so... And I'm sure most of the people here know about your website anyway.

I spend a lot of time, and money too on my website. I've abstained from piracy out of the respect of my contacts which means I have to spend money on music.  Hits and comments are the only payment I get, don't take them from me because you "Assume" something.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:27:12 PM by Hypno »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 01:28:20 PM
Poor you. Well, I pay for this server and my music myself also so...

Anyway, I'll link to you next time then.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 12:45:55 AM
Poor you. Well, I pay for this server and my music myself also so...
I guess this must be a new development, given that last time I checked, you had downloaded the entire X Japan discography and had a sticky thread in the General subforum where you were selling it to all comers for a few Euros plus postage.  And the secret X Freaks sharing subforum, if that still exists.

But I haven't checked for a while. :D

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 08:11:38 AM
Indeed you haven't checked for a while.

Of course, not everything I have is bought, but I believe that I have quite a lot more original stuff than some Joe Sixpack.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 08:41:38 AM
Hahaha, what the fuck?  The guy from The Other East is "some Joe Sixpack" now?

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 08:55:05 AM
*facepalm*

No, the guy from ToE is (nick)named Lee. Joe Sixpack, aka John Q. Public is a generic name in the United States to denote a hypothetical member of society deemed a "common man." You gotta pay attention! What I'm saying is that I have more original stuff than an average person listening to music.

Offline HarZy

• Fan
  • Sex, drugs and visual shock
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 09:27:24 PM
Finnish rapper rips off Crucify My Love:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDz2mUnHwI[/youtube]

And another finnish rapper rips off Crucify My Love:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LewEwhijWY[/youtube]

X________________________________X''

Offline Yurga~

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 10:15:56 PM
That. Was. So. Not. Good. >_____<

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 02:04:15 PM
Haha, oh man - why are Scandinavian rappers so active in stealing this song? XD... I mean, they must have some kind of right to use the music, because otherwise it would be outright plagiarism. Yoshiki is a hard-nosed business man, I would have thought if they had no right to use it he would have already crucified them in the courtroom. Unless, of course, he doesn't know :p

I spend a lot of time, and money too on my website. I've abstained from piracy out of the respect of my contacts which means I have to spend money on music.  Hits and comments are the only payment I get, don't take them from me because you "Assume" something.

Sorry, opening up a really old can of worms here - but I just had to laugh at this.

You didn't upload the video, you just came across it on Youtube and slapped it on your site. I didn't see any 'thanks' being given to the person who uploaded the material. Your website is basically just a hub of second hand information which you pick off the web that rarely comes attached with citations or full credit to original source - and you throw a hissy fit because Hypno posted the text link to your website but not a hyperlink?

Dude, what a joke. XD

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 02:17:02 PM
Haha, oh man - why are Scandinavian rappers so active in stealing this song? XD... I mean, they must have some kind of right to use the music, because otherwise it would be outright plagiarism. Yoshiki is a hard-nosed business man, I would have thought if they had no right to use it he would have already crucified them in the courtroom. Unless, of course, he doesn't know :p

Sorry, opening up a really old can of worms here - but I just had to laugh at this.

You didn't upload the video, you just came across it on Youtube and slapped it on your site. I didn't see any 'thanks' being given to the person who uploaded the material. Your website is basically just a hub of second hand information which you pick off the web that rarely comes attached with citations or full credit to original source - and you throw a hissy fit because Hypno posted the text link to your website but not a hyperlink?

Dude, what a joke. XD

That'll show me. No I don't always cite information that's available at 25 different places, Because I have no way of knowing who found out first and am avoiding giving false credit. But be a pain and flame me about something happened 4 months ago if you want, I don't really care. I got flamed out of the blue for reporting the Taiwan cancellation, you think I'm going to be terribly bothered that someone took issue with a post I already regret making and let drop months ago? 

And go ahead and make a stink in public, instead of contacting me about your concerns directly. I never even would have seen this if I hadn't been linked to it by someone. So it appears more as a pretentious gesture then an actual concern about ethics.

Have a problem with me or my site? My contact information is easily found.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:29:13 PM by Lee »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 02:38:21 PM
Wow, that was fast. ::)

I have no problem with your site, I like it. I do, however, laugh loudly at you crying 'foul' about Hypno not hyperlinking you - making it sound like you have been mortally wounded by a great injustice.

I was just checking this topic as there were recent posts and as I read up I saw the stuff that went on before. Although the issue was clearly dead and buried, as I mentioned in my first post - I still couldn't help myself having a public chuckle at it.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not flaming you or you're website - I'm questioning your attitude, which seemed to be snappy and unprovoked in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:41:20 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 02:45:48 PM
Well, I could certainly question your decision making.

There's no real reason to bring back a dead fight, one you weren't even part of even. That's just asking for a new fight.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 17, 2009, 02:48:04 PM
Sorry.

Offline HarZy

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 02:55:08 PM

Well, at least these finnish rappers are saying that sampling songs is legal without permissions if the song is 10+ years old.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 03:02:20 PM

Well, at least these finnish rappers are saying that sampling songs is legal without permissions if the song is 10+ years old.

Is that right though? Vanilla Ice got into a hell of a lot of trouble for sampling parts of "Under Pressure" by Queen + David Bowie, and that was well over 10 years old when he did that.

Also, these don't really constitute as sampling, because whole sections of music are being copied. Put it this way, I've seen people sued for a lot less.

Offline nemetroid

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 05:26:21 PM
Generally that's not true, I don't know the particular case with Finland but as they are part of the EU it probably has mostly the same rules, i.e. original copyright holder has the rights to derivative works such as the ones in this topic. There is an expire time for the copyright; but let's put it this way: Mickey Mouse is still covered.

Offline HarZy

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm profile
Reply #49 on: January 17, 2009, 07:52:40 PM
JouGGis (one of the rappers, the first video in my post is his):
tiedän et siitä on samplattu ja se on mun yks lempi biisiseistä...mut taustan sain mainitusta henkilöstä...ja lain mukaan jos on menny yli 10 vuotta tietystä soundista niin sitä saa käyttää. Ja missään vaihees en oo väittäny et oisin ite säveltäny taustan!

In english (with all his misspellings and stuff):

"I know it [Crucify My Love] has been sampled and it's one of my favourite songs...but I got the background from the mentioned person [I don't quite understand what he means by that]...and according to the law if it has been over 10 years of a sound it's allowed for use. And I never claimed I'd made the background!"

Source

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 08:27:31 PM
I don't think he is right. To my knowledge you need specific permission or have some kind of royalty arrangement.

Copyright expires on a song 100 years after the artist has died, unless the rights are owned by a private estate as intellectual copyright, in which case they can be held for longer. That's my understanding of it, at least.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 12:04:13 AM
I don't think he is right. To my knowledge you need specific permission or have some kind of royalty arrangement.

Copyright expires on a song 100 years after the artist has died, unless the rights are owned by a private estate as intellectual copyright, in which case they can be held for longer. That's my understanding of it, at least.
70 years over here at least. Dunno how it applies to international artists though.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 11:35:20 AM

70 years over here at least. Dunno how it applies to international artists though.

You're probably right, but either way - it's definitely not 10 years XD

Offline Lee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 03:16:49 PM
You're missing that copyright law varies by nation.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 24, 2009, 09:58:40 PM
You're missing that copyright law varies by nation.
I'm pretty sure it's not 10 years since the composing anywhere. It is 70 years since the death of the artist in Finland, but I'm not sure which one applies to that, the Japanese copyright law, or Finnish.

Mod color o' mine