Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki press conference in Tokyo on 15th September! [UPDATE 22nd October]

Sander · 28979

Offline kbish33

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&MyToken=1c11c8d2-c5fd-46dc-8a33-81563c52467c
This news rocks! I can't wait for these developments to happen.

I love being an X fan, for all of the agony and waiting we are never let down in the end :)

As for Yoshiki endorsing Rockstar Energy drink: Can you imagine the TV Adverts?

*Yoshiki playing drums to Kurenai and suddenly stops*
"Oh no! I am injured again - now I can't finish the song!"
*A member of the audience throws a can of Rockstar at Yoshiki, which he catches out of mid-air - then proceeds to drink it down in one*
"Now I have my energy back so I can continue rocking! Thanks, Rockstar Energy drink!"
*Continues playing Kurenai*

hahahaha, that made me laugh because so true and so corny.

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
That commercial would be AWESOME! Much like this news. New song, a Christmas show and X getting worldwide exposure through a popular video game series? I can safely say this conference did not dissapoint. Nice to see them doing something on new years eve again too.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
any official news? besides paris show reconfirm?

Ex denxdenx

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
The X Japan songs will only appear in the Japanese version of the videogame. The new song might be played at the countdown concert.

hi there

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Thanks. Anyone has an idea when it will be released in japan, haven't found an info about that (or any other country, except the US).

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
http://wii.ign.com/articles/878/878286p1.html

Rock Band: Japan

On June 2, 2008, Harmonix announced that it had begun co-developing a Japanese version of Rock Band with Q Entertainment for exclusive release in Japan on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii. According to Harmonix, Rock Band: Japan will be "the first US-originated rock music game to be heavily localized for the Japanese market". A release date has not yet been announced. While the game mechanics are expected to remain the same as Rock Band, the game will be localized and its soundtrack will include songs by popular Japanese artists.

hi there

Offline kbish33

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&MyToken=1c11c8d2-c5fd-46dc-8a33-81563c52467c

On June 2, 2008, Harmonix announced that it had begun co-developing a Japanese version of Rock Band with Q Entertainment for exclusive release in Japan on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii. According to Harmonix, Rock Band: Japan will be "the first US-originated rock music game to be heavily localized for the Japanese market". A release date has not yet been announced. While the game mechanics are expected to remain the same as Rock Band, the game will be localized and its soundtrack will include songs by popular Japanese artists.

They were my thoughts exactly. But Hypno seems pretty confident that they said RB2 (probably downloadable content). but if it turns out to be RB:Japan, then its certainly worth me importing it.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Rock Band II Japanese version is the same as Rock Band: Japan

hi there

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
That whole "x-mas" thing is so confusing, an x-mas gig on the 31st of december? Surely that cant be right, or is it two gigs, man talk about odd news, however I'm glad theres a new song on the way, sounds awesome, in regards to the paris show, I'll believe it when I have the tickets in my hand!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
That's obviously TWO concerts!
The X-mas concert on....x-mas..(I guess :P) and the countdown-concert on 31th december!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Ah nuts, the Japanese fans get all the neat stuff. :P

Offline kbish33

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I really want to hear this. Crazy,  Powerful type song that they made. and i hope it's kinda like their early stuff so we get to hear Toshi sing some of those old songs, (though he said he wont sing them again).

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
AWESOME NEWS!!!

And he cut his hair again, dammit.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
(though he said he wont sing them again).

If Robert Plant can agree to a Led Zeppelin Reunion and agree to sing Stairway To Heaven and In My Time Of Dying again, I'm sure Toshi will one day agree to sing the old songs as well.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Old songs aren't a matter of Toshi singing them, but more like Taiji usually playing the bass or so... Imo.

And from what I understood, they talked about Rock Band 2 not Rock Band: Japan.

This is my administrator color.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
YOSHIKI also mentioned that X JAPAN's songs will be included in the Japanese version of the popular American and European game, Rock Band.

http://www.jame-world.com/uk/news.php?archive=09/2008#35973

hi there

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
more vids from WOWOW. (part 2)
See at the lamborghini.. *drooling*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQFrXdD-oIY[/youtube]

jigokugal

Offline Ashura

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I'm going to the Countdown concert, it's a MUST. @_@ I think the only problem is the tickets..

Imagine X in those red Santa Claus -coats. xD <3 It's going to be the best New Year ever.

And that Rock Band -thing, I just started to like Guitar Hero, so I think that's a definite buy for me.. Bye bye money, it was nice to meet you. <3

We're X!

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
YAY!!!

Thanks for the news!!! <3

May X be with you!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Updated the first page, make sure to read the report! :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
http://www.jame-world.com/us/article.php?id=5819

Very nice professional report.
I have not noticed this link here yet, so I'm posting it.

Pony rocks!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Yeah, I know there is. But this one is really nice.

Pony rocks!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Cool ! Thanks Anna, it was really cool to read 8)

And well, the Jame one is more an interview than a report !

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Not at all.

Frankly, the interview is what interests me, I don't have to have all the stuff around, because it usually depends on the viewpoint of the reporter and that's not always a good thing. Sometimes it can be even slightly annoying, see.

Pony rocks!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
As long as the info is there without loads of fangirlish sauce, I could not care less.

And mistakes happen in press - they happened in JRR and other official sources, too. 

Pony rocks!

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
PATA said "Give me the T shirt!"

ZOMG ROFL XD

Oh, lovely interview!! <3

May X be with you!

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
As long as the info is there without loads of fangirlish sauce, I could not care less.

And mistakes happen in press - they happened in JRR and other official sources, too. 
Agree with Anna, as long as the mistakes are relatively small, it can  be tolerated.

Informative report with less of personal opinions, I value that more.

jigokugal

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
I wouldn't call it a SMALL mistake to mistake one person for another

Happends all the time - in culture, sports, politics - and while it can be a right faux pas indeed, it is usually quickly forgotten, because such mistakes simply happen even to the greatest newspapers and news programs.

"informative" and "personal" aren't mutually exclusive

Not always, no. In many cases they are, though, epecially in the form of annoying (or downright embarassing) flood of personal feelings included into the report. Of course, sometimes it can be done very tastefully and then the overall result looks fine, being both informative and appropriately emotional, but such reports are rather rare. Then again, to each his own.

Pony rocks!