• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki press conference in Tokyo on 15th September! [UPDATE 22nd October]

Sander · 28906

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Update on 22nd October: According to IGN, the X Japan song I.V. will be available to download for free, along with 19 other songs, for all Rock Band 2 PS3 and Xbox360 owners on 4th November and for Wii owners when Rock Band 2 will come out on Wii in December.

Update:A BXtE report from the event! Part 1!

[15.09 Info confirmed by BXtE: (check the original post here)
Quote from: BXtE Website
1. First of all something that might be of interest for you all, Yoshiki stated that the concert on Novermber 22nd in Bercy will happen for sure. It will be the first time for a Japanese rock band to play in a hall of that size in Europe!

2. Furthermore there will be an X Japan December 31st count down concert in Tokyo. The place isn't decided yet, though.
X Japan fans living in Japan or will visit Japan around that time can also look forward to a concert at X -mas! He mentioned, that it will be a concert of "X with something". What the 'something' will be is yet speculation, though.

3. Since Yoshiki announced an X Japan world tour, he also mentioned a new release in new future. He also composed a new X Japan song that is much more rock than the others we got to listen before. According to Yoshiki, when they did I.V., the members of X Japan found out that Toshi still can go crazy singing those songs and they decided that it might be appropriate to release something more powerful, as well.

4. Yoshiki is the executive producer for the introduction of the "Rockstar" sports drink in Japan.  Rockstar is the sponsor of the U.S. "Rockstar taste of chaos"
 Further, there are some news, that Yoshiki didn't intend to announce on that day, but he did so anyway:

5. Soon there will be published a new game called "Rock Band 2" which will also be sold in the United States and Europe. That game will also contain X Japan music!

6. In 2010 Yoshiki will be involved in a project that is happening for the 100th birthday of Akira Kurosawa. The moderator mentioned that it is unusual for japanese rockstar Yoshiki doing something for the japanese director Kurosawa outside Japan. More information isn't announced, yet.

Please note that the news aren't in the order they were announced.
A live report and an translation of the interview will be online as soon as possible!

According to http://www.xjapan.ne.jp/ , Yoshiki will be holding a press conference in Tokyo for fans. The announcements supposedly include X Japan and Yoshiki produced projects.

- Event is free for fans to attend
- There will be a special World Tour start X JAPAN Street Army t-shirt
present from Yoshiki to 3000 lucky fans
- Fans are encouraged to bring CDs/Concert pamphlets and other goods
that show that they 'Love X JAPAN' (looks like there might be a signing session)

Video of the news report

According to a Nikkan Sports article, Yoshiki said he is OK to fly and that he would like to hold a few concerts at different locations in Japan within this year. More details will be announced on 15th September, along with an announcement on YOSHIKI's non-music related project(s).

Thanks to X Japan official website and Screaming KIAI

UPDATE: The place for the press conference will be the Yoyogi National Gymnasium (10,000 people) and Yoshiki will announce upcoming X Japan plans and a new project by him. Yoshiki chose this venue because the announcement needs an "olympic style/class". The first 3000 people to enter the stadium will receive a special T-shirt, but it's forbidden to camp the night before the event, or it might be canceled.

Note that the translations might include mistakes.

UPDATE, Sept. 12th, 22:00 Tokyo time, by PanthereNoire:

According to a press release at this site, there will be a live broadcast of Yoshiki's press conference available on carrier DoCoMo's cell phones in Japan real time,  with movies to follow later on the two other carriers as well. (Summary by me.)

The rest of the article is how to access the service, plus a repeat of everything that's already been said.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGjDyRVkiwk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:58:38 AM by Hypno »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:45:36 AM
Thanks for the info !

Finally some good news ! X Japan are alive :D

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:43:16 AM
Thanks for the info as always. Good to see some news.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Yurga~

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:27:31 AM
For some reasons i am so happy~
even i cant be there T_T
But i am so so so happy~
Thank you for info~

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 01:38:11 PM
Great news!  :)

Offline Kaunis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:03 PM
It's times like these I wished I lived in Japan. Ah well atleast we're going to get some anouncements about everything. I hope they reveal some new dates for the tour. Part of me hopes they anounce that they're filming the gig in Paris. Other bands have filmed there before like Placebo so it's not that much of a stretch just very wishful thinking on my part.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 08:25:53 PM
Yoshiki finally realised it was about time for some news.
ThanX for posting!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:42 PM
It's good that finally we're getting official statements from YOSHIKI.
Concerning the announcement as a producer, maybe it's VUK CD (I'm still hoping for it).

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:31:37 PM
Yea ^, I hope that he at least announces how he is going with Violet UK. ....wouldn't mind DVD or CD release dates of some X stuff either..... :D

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58:00 AM
wow, a few concert in japan? world tour and japan tour, that would be nice.  i hope new songs coming out!!!

Ex denxdenx

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 07:35:45 AM
Hopefully this involves an announcement of the world-wide release of the new greatest hits album. I wanna finally be able to walk into a store and purchase an X Japan album, and attempt to get others to do the same! Though hearing an announcement of when the NYC gig will be happening would be great too.

Dream scenario would be an announcement of a Toronto world tour date and the entire main X catalogue being released world-wide as well but that's just insanely wishful thinking.

Though now that I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if DVDs of the reunion concert series are mentioned. Ha, guess we'll see. I wish more musicians I listened to did stuff like this. I can't remember the last time a band I liked held a press conference.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 07:20:21 PM
So there seems to be some news about that thing on the japanese XJapan site. But as my japanese sucks here the japanese text *g*

◆YOSHIKI記者会見 詳細決定

日時 9/15(月・祝) 
場所 国立代々木競技場オリンピックプラザ
時間 12:00~13:00
入場 フリー
記者会見詳細記事はコチラ

当日はYOSHIKI本人から、今後のX JAPANの活動、そして、
YOSHIKIプロデュースプロジェクトの発表がございます。

また、日頃からの皆様の、X JAPANに対する気持ちに応え、会見会場に先着抽選で3,000名様の方へ
『ワールドツアースタート記念 X JAPAN Street ARMY Tシャツ』のプレゼントがございます。
“「私はX JAPANのファンです」という証を、当日お持ち下さい(例:CD、コンサートパンフレット、グッズ等)”

※先着抽選受付※ 当日10:00より特設受付にて開始。(3,000名様に当選の時点で受付は締め切らせていただきます)

【イベントインフォメーションダイヤル:03-5447-7712 (24時間テープ案内)】

■諸注意■
前日深夜からの場所取り等はご遠慮下さい。また、
会場への問い合わせは絶対にお止めください。 会見が中止になる恐れがございます。
皆様のご協力を、よろしくお願いします。

maybe someone of you can translat it properly, as far as I found out with the help ob Babelfish, it seems that it will be held at the Yoyogi hippodrome Olympic plaza (if that's the right translation *g*), and that you may can get a T-Shirt. But as I said, my japanese is bad and I think it would be better that someone who can speak it could give a short summary.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Updated the first post. I found the translation on LJ (by darkcat) so I guess it's more or less correct.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:28 PM
Well, there's not really much to say about it, really.
It will be held at Yoyogi National Stadium, admission is free and first 3000 people to arrive will get a special X-Japan Street Army T-Shirt (they are encouraged to bring their prized possessions as CDs, concert pamphlets and goodies to show they are X-Japan fans...) . But people are not allowed to come too early and camp in front of the stadium, because if they do there is a risk the event might be canceled (in that case, can we expect another nekkid apology?).

I have already noticed some Japanese people discussing what to bring with themselves to the stadium - many of them want to bring their favourite CDs or posters, but they are scared of losing them. Dilemma, eh. ;D

Pony rocks!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Thanks both of you, sounds interesting, first 3.000 people get a T-Shirt for free? Not bad at all. And I'm cruious what the new X Japan plans are (concerts, albums, permanent new member?) and almost as much I wanna know what Yoshiki's new project is.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Well, I think it could be future concerts.
And as for the other projects, perhaps his recent charity activities?

Pony rocks!

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
i think this might be going to be epic!!!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Updated the first post. I found the translation on LJ (by darkcat) so I guess it's more or less correct.
And here I thought translations weren't allowed on X Freaks according to Disclaimer #2.  My, how things change. ;)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Disclaimer #2 was about illegal content, last time I checked... Well it was about user responsibility and illegal content... But that doesn't really matter...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
I'm really curious what he'll announce o.O;
Hopefully some more stuff about the paris live, eventhough I'm not so sure that he really will...*drop*

Oh, and Panthere, good luck with getting a t-shirt! :D

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
And here I thought translations weren't allowed on X Freaks according to Disclaimer #2.  My, how things change. ;)

Maybe you're thinking of Rule 2?

"When posting translations or rumors, please include the source (translator) and a disclaimer to remind others that there may be mistakes or other inaccuracies. Also post a link/reference to the original source (magazine/website/etc), if possible. Please note that we consider everything not confirmed by an official site to be a rumor."

Seems its all there. ;)

Thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to whatever the announcements are. :D

Please, at LEAST be the release dates of the best of albums! I'm dying to hear a studio version of Without You!!!

MODERATOR'd!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Maybe you're thinking of Rule 2?

"When posting translations or rumors, please include the source (translator) and a disclaimer to remind others that there may be mistakes or other inaccuracies. Also post a link/reference to the original source (magazine/website/etc), if possible. Please note that we consider everything not confirmed by an official site to be a rumor."

Seems its all there. ;)

Oh, I completely agree with you, translations are obviously welcome and allowed on X Freaks or else there wouldn't be a Rule #2 at all.

I tried to make that very point recently, when Hypno said that translations can and should be removed from public view because they violate Disclaimer #2 even when they comply with Rule #2.  The rules on this subject are clearly more, ahem, "fluid" than you and I think. ;)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the info about the broadcast.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile

On the contrary, thanks  A LOT for a lot for all these updates ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:17:03 PM by Maverick »

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile

Yoshiki new project?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:20:46 PM by darkcat21 »

hi there

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:34:26 PM by darkcat21 »

hi there

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
OMFG ! That crowd is very very big.

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
lol, yoshiki on energy drink

Ex denxdenx

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
First 5000 people there apparently get (free?) Rockstar energy drinks.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Updated the first post with lots of rumors!