• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Your bests and worsts concerts !

Lucs · 3992

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
on: August 26, 2008, 08:09:43 PM
I thought of making this topic while talking with Maya about some HORRIBLE concerts we went to ;D

So I suggest you post here the best and worst concerts you've ever been to !

I'll post mines later !
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:15:59 PM by Lucs »

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:25:44 PM
Ok I try first...

The Worst gig was for sure the one of "killing Joke", it was at a festival and I think cool a famous band of 80's must be great... Never seen a so horrible band. I didn't see any difference between all the song and this guy was screaming like if he was dying no melody nothing... Bwaahh it was horrible...

The best one... hard to choose
X in november ^^. No, for now I would say Guns N'Roses when we see them in Milan... It was awsome cause it's a band that I like since I'm 6y.o. and seeing them (even if it's not really the same band) was just amazing. Plus Sebastian Bach (Ex- Skid Row) was here as well... I was sooo happy *__*

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:37:08 PM
Best : Metallica

I guess I don't really have to even say why.

Worst : Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus

I wen't to see them with a friend. They simply suck and I knew that before seeing them live.
I just went there because my friend did. Blah, what a "band".

Offline kendofreak

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:43:35 AM
Best Metallica,

The Four Horsemen, need i say more?!

Worst, When trivium ruined my night after seeing Annihilator and Gojira (both fuckin A class metal!)

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:31 AM
The best was... Alice Cooper, i think, but KISS is very close to it - only that I felt like I took sleeping pills =.=;

The worst was definitely Déspairs Ray - NEVER AGAIN xOx I'm too old for that shit!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:10:13 AM by Maverick »

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Dusu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 11:18:35 AM
Best concert was (5 times) Axxis loved every single gig of them <3 and many other bands I saw on Wacken Open Air (like Iron Maiden, Avantasia, Girugamesh, Nightwish, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying and so on)

Worst concert was the one of DORO >_> that woman wasn't able to sing - maybe she had a VERY bad day - she really scared me with her voice and her appearance...
went on the concert to see Axxis and a Iron maiden Tribute band

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 02:37:29 PM
Worst: D'espairsRay - Because it was boring and they didn't interact with the audience AT ALL...*yawns*

Best: Versailles! The music was awesome and Kamijo's attempts to talk english were fun. :P Bad point about that though: it wasn't long enough T_T

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Taku

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 08:45:33 AM
Worst: Dio at Japan Expo last year pretty vomitory
Best: Ra:IN at Japan Expo too, so genious in their music!!!

!!Never To Be Forgotten!!

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 05:24:49 PM
Best: Pagan Altar in 2006 and Candlemass in 2005 (fuck yeah, those concerts left me shaking in my shoes)

Worst: probably some third rate black metal band. I've seen too many bands live to remember.....

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 08:34:54 PM
A few concerts which totally blew me away;

In Flames opening up for Iron Maiden @ Ullevi stadium 2005 (needless to say, the Iron Maiden performance was solid too)
Behemoth at Sweden Rock Festival 2005!!! Brutalllll kickass ownage! I had never heard of the band before then, now I'm a big fan!
Engel (Engel Propaganda at the time?) at Metaltown 2006, Before they released their first album and somewhat ruined the songs :S
Strapping Young Lad @ Hultsfred 2006, Could be the most awesome thing I ever witnessed, sadly I was quite "influenced" at the time, damn festivals. Also their last tour before breaking up :(
Opeth @ Hultsfred 2006, also some kickass shit. It's just sad that their setlists are so short at festivals, since their songs are so long.
Satyricon @ Metaltown 2006 was also a really nice performance.
Vader live @ Musikens hus (house of music) november 2006 in Gothenburg. Plus points because the venue was really small and it was a really tight performance. Neat!!!!
And lastly, but not least;
X Japan @ Tokyo Dome March 28 and 30th of 2008. I bet you all know why these shows were so orgasmic. 29th wasn't just as good as the other two ones according to me though.

Worst: Ektomorf opening up for Children Of Bodom early feb 2006 or Dimmu Borgir @ gates of metal 2005. Ektomorf was just.. "FUCKING YOYO MAN FUCKING YEAH MAN YEAH" and Dimmu Borgir had totally messed up sound. Could only hear drums and bass.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:37:14 PM by alex »

Offline ah_sing

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:39:07 PM
Not been to many concerts of late bu the best one i went to was to watch Polysics in a really small club, it was mental!
Oddly enough it was also my worst concert as the suport bands for them were quite diabolical, can't remember who they wer called now but all i remember was that they just aimlessly started screamin something or other and just plugged ther iPod in. oh and they jumped into the crowd and started "getting a bit close" to me........was not a fond memory at all....

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 08:29:24 PM
Best: Either the X Japan Tokyo Dome 3 days live in March or Blink 182 back in 2004 (Yeah, I know - I'm a sucker for that type of music!)

Worst: Clinic - This band were playing as part of a local music festival... their music was bad enough to make me want to die, I'm not sure if I can even call it 'music'.

Offline Sayu

• Sunday Listener
  • Psycho...
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 08:46:45 PM
Best: Dir En Grey,in spite of I had broken leg and stood really far from stage and didn´t see members of band much,but they were
         really cool
Worst: Probably HIM in Prague,I was so dissapointed that I left before the end of concert

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:45:03 AM by Sayu »

Offline Dreamaway

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:47 PM
Best: Lucero. They're completely unknown over here (and yet they still come over, gotta love that!) so they play tiny tiny pubs, to really small crowds. And there's always about 5 people at the front, including me, singing along. They pretty much play completely requests as well, which is ace. I've seen them a bunch of times, but the best was back in November. I got to chat to them for a while before the set, and then they played for AGES (at least 2 hours). And I got to sing on stage with them too.

Worst: Probably HIM in Prague,I was so dissapointed that I left before the end of concert

I've seen HIM and I also thought they were rubbish. He can't sing live. At all. My Chemical Romance were also really really bad.

☠  Jenny  ☠

I feel the cold ground underneath my boots, and for no good reason it reminds me of you.

Offline Sayu

• Sunday Listener
  • Psycho...
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 07:51:18 AM
My Chemical Romance were also really really bad.

My words,they are really awful live >.<