X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Where to buy tickets for Paris in beginning of October !

Lucs · 104608

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: October 31, 2008, 07:06:28 AM
ThanX for the info.

Anyone an idea about the prices?

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #301 on: October 31, 2008, 07:17:31 AM
The thing for me I also, that I'm not to focused on X right now, cause Chinese Democracy is gonna released the weekend the Paris gig is :) and I feel the same way you do, right now I'm not to pumped, but I'm sure when I'm at Bercys, the lights go out, music starts it's gonna be great. And they don't have to sell out the stadium (how many people fit in? 16.000?), but it would be nice if there are more than only a hand full of people.

Hehehe, well, you can focuse on both X and GNR ;D That's what I'm doing ;D

MIHO, nope, some french guy asked Bercy, they said they don't know yet.

And btw, some french guy also asked Bercy why they removed the date, they said it will be up on Saturday on the website (the date, not the ticket sales).

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #302 on: October 31, 2008, 07:56:25 AM
I think people who are complaining about not having money now should have saved money for everything long time ago... *pouts* I didn't go to Paris in July but I saved money for everything, if the concert eventually happened. :P

May X be with you!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: October 31, 2008, 07:59:29 AM
That thing is, I can afford going to Paris, but if the ticketsales would have been a month ago it would have been propably a lot cheaper for me ;) and cause I alsmost was sure that the concert will be postponed I also decided to buy a new television, instead of putting that money at side for X :)

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #304 on: October 31, 2008, 08:02:09 AM
Well... you paid for the ALMOST... *shrugs*

May X be with you!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: October 31, 2008, 08:06:24 AM
Yeah, my fault ;) but as I said, I'm still pretty sure I can make it there, except the ticketprices will be a 1000 Euro, but I can't see that happen.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #307 on: October 31, 2008, 08:49:04 AM
I think people who are complaining about not having money now should have saved money for everything long time ago... *pouts* I didn't go to Paris in July but I saved money for everything, if the concert eventually happened. :P
I was planning on that but I ended up spending it all on my trip to London XD. The second the ticket date of 'September 5th' was put off I got really frustrated and annoyed anyway, I didn't feel like saving up for X anymore. I still don't.
I think this whole thing has really affected my love for the band. I just don't want to stress and plan for them anymore.
I'm not saying it's right of me to feel this way, but that's the way it is. I'm really sad about it.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: October 31, 2008, 09:37:23 AM
Will do!

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #310 on: October 31, 2008, 10:53:52 AM
Ah damn ! i can't wait anymore >.< I wanna kiss my ticket !

EDIT : I've just realised i'll have the day off on november 10th *_*
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:40:23 AM by julien »

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: October 31, 2008, 02:15:47 PM
I'm afraid, I wouldn't even be sad, if it's getting cancelled and this is really creepy...
It's like hearing "Tomorrow you'll get 1 million €!" every day and experiencing every day again that it isn't like said the day before, but instead you hear the same sentence again. The first days I'd be looking forward, but then there will come a time when I just think "F**k you and your euros! I don't want them anymore! I'll go and get some cents from the bottom of the fountain over there!"... ::) :P

Well, aesthetically speaking, that's the sublime experience. You are constantly in a state of fear, trembling over whether everything ends forever or starts, explodes in a blissful state. "Is it happening?", and not "It happens". I personally have had a strong relationship where everything was touch and go many times. It's very tough, but can also be profound.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Yoshiki knew about this kind of aesthetic theory. Then again, the whole mess may just be something a wee bit more down-to-earth than this analysis. :)

BTW: Their MySpace website is messy for a Western visitor, to say the least. There's announcement that the sale date of the tickets is postponed. But since there's no date, I cannot say if this is old news already.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #312 on: October 31, 2008, 02:18:02 PM
It should be old news from September.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #313 on: October 31, 2008, 02:21:39 PM
Yes it is (old news). I guess they'll update it tomorrow or whenever the ticket sales date is officially announced !

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: October 31, 2008, 02:50:17 PM
OK  :) Somehow I think they'd need more staff to organize these things... (no kidding)  ::)

Because now we have all sorts of theories. But Yoshiki's injury may have something to do with this. I would much prefer him heal himself into perfection to him wreck his body for a handful of crowd. Imagine some serious Yoshiki fan boy/girl who has learned nothing of his recovery after their press conference ages ago. I think people like that exist. Unless I'm mistaken, we've heard nothing about his physique since then, and that info might help us a lot with our anxieties.

So either it's very, very subtle tactics or just plain miserable managering. And even if it were the former, I think few can see it that way.

One theory I've had was Yoshiki's fear of the venue not selling out. I think stuff like that is extremely important to him. So, he may have figured that if he only put the tickets on sale 12 days, roughly 288 hours, before the start, everyone will be fighting over them like crazy. This the cynic's view into things...  :P However, this plan doesn't sound realistic at all.

I still have faith X are "honest", but they're seriously damaging their world takeover project behaving like this. The fans just need more information. For example, an average fan who's not 24/7 following them and who mainly reads their official MySpace site every once in a while still doesn't have a clue when the ticket sale will start. It happened to me as you saw!

-Martin Heidegger

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #315 on: October 31, 2008, 03:00:06 PM
I think the problem here is that this concert was supposed to be for all European fans, not just those in and around France. Now many of these fans won't have enough time/savings to travel for the show so it's become somewhat moot in that regard.

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: October 31, 2008, 03:14:44 PM
I think the problem here is that this concert was supposed to be for all European fans, not just those in and around France. Now many of these fans won't have enough time/savings to travel for the show so it's become somewhat moot in that regard.
I'm with you there. YoYo has spoken fondly of France, but it ain't the whole of Europe. And there won't be 17,000 in the attendance...

I'm inclined to believe the whole thing will either get postponed or it turns out to be some "smaller" event. I just can't see Yoshiki and other dramatis personae performing at their fullest for an almost empty place.

-Martin Heidegger

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: October 31, 2008, 03:16:04 PM
I'm inclined to believe the whole thing will either get postponed or it turns out to be some "smaller" event. I just can't see Yoshiki and other dramatis personae performing at their fullest for an almost empty place.

Now you're exaggerating. The place won't be almost empty, that would be epic fail for X.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #318 on: October 31, 2008, 03:22:32 PM
Well, if Yoshiki survives the first few concerts, I'm sure they'll have another World Tour stop here. Like in Germany.

This is my administrator color.

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: October 31, 2008, 03:31:29 PM
Now you're exaggerating. The place won't be almost empty, that would be epic fail for X.

I hope you're right. :) But I don't think half of the 17,000 seats will sell with this arrangement. The comeback gig, the whole 3 days, had 10,000 non-Asians IIRC and was way better promoted.

-Martin Heidegger

Offline jacquien

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: October 31, 2008, 04:26:53 PM
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20081031-00000047-sanspo-ent

i m not sure if this has been discussed....
i m not in europe and could not attend the paris concert
but for those who are struggling whether to attend the concert or not.......i now start to worry it's part of the LAST concertsssss of X.....so....please treasure this opportunity...

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #321 on: October 31, 2008, 04:50:06 PM
But I don't think half of the 17,000 seats will sell with this arrangement.

Can't imagine this either, since many people seem to have decided to not go and I really can understand this.

I'm also still not sure whether or not to go, because frankly X are not more important to me than any other of my favorite acts and I don't know, if I would have forgiven for example Alice Cooper or KISS a behaviour like this. Same goes for ticket prices - I wouldn't really be willing to pay more for them than for my other idols, because to me they're simply not more special than the others. (X is the only band which made me consider traveling to another country for them, even though I don't like them more than my other favorites... and there were already a lot of times when I asked myself "why actually?" :-\)
It doesn't matter, if I can afford the ticket then or not, it doesn't matter that this could be the last chance for me, it doesn't matter, if they have high costs because of the stage stuff and logistics (I didn't ask for this and other bands have these issues too) - I simply wouldn't see a point to pay more as a matter of principle... simply my point of view. XD So far... just hoping for normal prices! Otherwise I might be really out...

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #322 on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:23 PM
They were giving flyers at the Chibi Expo in Paris today about X JAPAN concert.

It's written on them that the ticket sales start on 10th November 8)

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #323 on: October 31, 2008, 09:02:30 PM
can you scan it? onegai shimasu !

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #324 on: October 31, 2008, 09:27:08 PM
Oops, I wasn't there ;) I read that on the french X JAPAN forum !

They posted a picture but it's REALLY small... here it is :

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: October 31, 2008, 10:32:06 PM
I'm still not quite getting the whole "I don't have the same love for X" since this little concert fiasco. Yeah it was annoying as hell and unfortuantely people may or may not have been shafted in terms of expenditure, but I'm not quite understanding why people try to think up the reason that they don't like the band as much, etc.

By all accounts, this concert shouldn't even be happening. X ended back in 1997 and I would imagine that a virtually unknown act amongst the masses in a foriegn country with a whole continent that doesn't understand a word of Japanese would be slightly harder to plan than a concert in their native country. True it has been a little excessive and the information we have been given has been shockingly bad; however we don't know the full details on why.

Having said that...bad planning or whatever, they were and still are a band that makes great music and at the end of the day that's what we like about X Japan. People moan excessively like X is a close personal friend to them, and they've just found them in bed with their girlfriend, sister and mother all at the same time.

Try not to have a low opinion of them as a whole because of these slip ups. Maybe i'm just not wired up the same and I only have to hear the music to be happy. With X probably more so because lets face it, you'd think the whole concert had been pre-recorded and put through post-production since it always feels so scripted. Toshi is the only one who seem geniune at concerts...maybe because of Yoshiki's feeble attempts at trying to look like he can't walk another step after his drum solo.

Regardless of the number of attendants, the concert is still going to be rocking. Personally speaking I wouldn't need thousands of people in a concert hall because my musical taste is my own personl thin and i'm not gong to a concert to 'meet' people, so I don't care if 15,000 turn up, or only 15. I wouldn't have to put up with the annoying people who sing along toneless then! xD But that's just me! Each to his own! ^_^
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:39:19 PM by Kim Kyung Ho »

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #326 on: November 01, 2008, 07:32:42 AM
Kim, there are people who have been robbed of thousands of dollars because of this fiasco.

This isn't just about being patient and staying positive.

Offline HellRaiser

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: November 01, 2008, 09:11:15 AM
Just checked the site...and can anyone please translate it?

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: November 01, 2008, 09:12:24 AM
Kim, there are people who have been robbed of thousands of dollars because of this fiasco.

This isn't just about being patient and staying positive.

Well forgive me for being harsh, but since the concert has been deemed to happen, they I would say nobody has been robbed of anything. And if you're referring to people who have only now just decided to book their tickets for France, etc...then I apologize but it was their decision to book flights even if they may have been lucacrisly high prices.

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: November 01, 2008, 09:14:48 AM
Just checked the site...and can anyone please translate it?

From what I can make out, there isn't much to translate at the moment. Prices are suggested at 45.50 € to 56.50 €