X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

"VK-R",performed by Violet Uk,to be the endtitle song for Repo!The Genetic Opera

Artseeker · 10752

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
"VK-R" is the title of the new song composed by Yoshiki and performed by Violet Uk.
It will be used as the main end title song for Repo! The Genetic Opera.

Here's the link to the official site of the movie where this is officially stated:

http://www.repo-opera.com/

-Enter the site and click on the "the MUSIC" section situated on the lower half of the screen.
-Click on  "PLAYLIST"  on your left
-Click on "SONG LIST"
-Scroll down to the bottom of that page and read the last sentence, you'll find the info I posted above ;)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:34:19 PM by Artseeker »

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
nice, thx for the news. VUK-R huh? sounds like Violet UK R rated xD xD

jigokugal

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
What an interesting name... *hopes that it isn't another 'Blue Butterfly'*

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
I'm hoping for another Sex& Religion... :D
Um, well the title sounds so original already. - NOT!
Well, we'll see right *waits*

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't like Blue Butterfly at all,so I'm hoping he delivers with this new song, also because in the video interview before the Tokyo Dome 3 days, he said he was really looking forward to release it.
He also said he usually doesn't like his compositions,but that he liked this one, that's why I can't wait to hear it.

Hope I won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 07:08:11 PM by Artseeker »

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I'm curious about all VUK stuff, even though some is not...well not as great as I thought it to be...
anyways, really looking forward to it!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I don't like Blue Butterfly at all,so I'm hoping he delivers with this new song, also because in the video interview before the Tokyo Dome 3 days, he said he was really looking forward to release it.
He also said he usually doesn't like his compositions,but that he liked this one, that's why I can't wait to hear it.

He said that about Blue Butterfly too :/

Let's face the facts about Blue Butterfly:

1) The song is disjointed, it has some good moments but it fails to gel them all together into a good song
2) It has all the production values of a child's finger painting. Honestly, I have heard better mixes of music created using a laptop in some one's house - let alone Yoshiki's multi million dollar studio.

Offline saanrio

• View Profile

1) The song is disjointed, it has some good moments but it fails to gel them all together into a good song
2) It has all the production values of a child's finger painting. Honestly, I have heard better mixes of music created using a laptop in some one's house - let alone Yoshiki's multi million dollar studio.

However, didn't he also say that the version that was used wasn't the finished version, but he used it anyway?  Maybe the 'final' version will be a little more cohesive?

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile

However, didn't he also say that the version that was used wasn't the finished version, but he used it anyway?  Maybe the 'final' version will be a little more cohesive?

I'd hope so - but the fact that he'd release the song in the state that it is in is pretty shambolic to be fair.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Here's a small preview of VUK-R right from Repo final credits

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=O6piImdmVNg

The chorus is great IMO,but I was hoping for something more unique...
Anyway,it sure does sound good,I'm sure this is going to be way better than Blue Butterfly.It's a shame that we can only hear 1 minute of it and I'm afraid we'll have to wait for Yoshiki himself to release the whole track,which means probably another year or so XDD
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:58:47 PM by Artseeker »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
This sounds really, really good. Probably one of the best songs from Violet UK that I have heard so far.

Offline Kayero

• Sunday Listener
  • Oro!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Whoa, it sounds great! :D

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Pretty nice song, like it.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Someone has got a whole lot of different recordings of VK-R and joint them together to form a "full" song. Sounds really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFwnpd7yU8&feature=related

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Someone has got a whole lot of different recordings of VK-R and joint them together to form a "full" song. Sounds really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFwnpd7yU8&feature=related

I wonder where the heck the user found that end section. Maybe another of Yoshiki's songs was leaked?

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Doesn't the intro riff remind anyone else of Jade ? :P (just a bit)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Doesn't the intro riff remind anyone else of Jade ? :P (just a bit)

It's the same notes as I.V... Just in a different order.

Basically, VK-R, I.V. and Jade are all very similar songs.