• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Japan DVD - NTSC

Hyunkel · 3725

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: July 28, 2008, 12:12:30 PM
I know japanese dvds are in NTSC (so X Japan dvds from YesAsia, CDJapan...are in NTSC) but I'm in a PAL region (and so are many of you I presume). So I was thinking about, even if Japan and Europe are both Region 2, will there be a connexion problem or anything between  NTSC-dvds and a TV, dvd lector in PAL?
Have you encountered any problem with that? (I ask the European forumers mainly)
If yes, how did you managed it?
Thanks for your answers

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:02 PM
I have an DVD-Player (also my TV) which is able to play both PAL and NTSC, so I have no problem with it. One problem I've heard about is, that if your player doesn't suppoert NTSC it can/could/will happen that you may have no sound or/and you will only have black & white.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:34:57 PM
Yeah exactly, if your TV or DVD player is PAL only, the image will be in black & white.
But nowadays almost all DVD players and TV are PAL/NTSC. Try to check on Internet if the model of your TV or DVD player are PAL only or not.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 04:52:05 PM
Thanks for your answers, I'll check it!
And what about read these NTSC on a computer? Any problems?

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:21 PM
no probs on computer!

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:51:11 PM
Really no problems? No colors fading away, or in black and white or a wrong scrolling of the image?

If you're right, that's a relief! (I can't imagine getting my dvds without any possibilities of viewing :-\)
Thank you all for your help^^

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 08:55:09 PM
I got a nice mixed collection of dvds pal, ntsc us, ntsc jp and am watching all on pc. the only thing that can be a problem is region code, but there is a nice program called AnyDVD that can remove all all region codes :D
I got DVD's from R2, R1 and R3 and watch all on my laptop ^_^

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 09:42:54 PM
That's cool!!! The Region isn't a problem at all 'cause Japan is Region 2 (Europe too) so I was just worried about the NTSC but I'm relieved now. Thank you

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 08:55:36 AM
Actually, I have a PAL DVD player plus a PAL DVD drive on computer, and both works quite perfectly to me. There are also no color problems on TV (and I tried out different TV's), and as far as I know most DVD players can play both PAL and NTSC (at least I haven't seen a DVD player, yet which couldn't show my X DVD's :P)

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 09:03:12 AM
I had one ;D It was like 5 years old I guess... But then I started listening to X, buying some DVD, so I bought a new one (DVD player are REALLY cheap now...).

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:55:10 PM
Yeah most DVD players even cheap ones can play both NTSC & Pal. All computers can play all. I was thinking the same with region. I think the region thing is, some DVD players have region lock so you can't play any DVDs outside your region. I wouldn't worry about it, theres always ways to get around these problems ^^

Offline winterspelt

• Rookie
  • Finland + Mexico = Me!
    • View Profile
    • El reich sagrado
Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 10:14:01 PM
Also there are lots of softwares that allow you to play a dvd ntsc/pal (any region) in a PC, try dvdregion + csc which is a little but powerful software...
Just remember that some countries consider this kind of softwares that allows you to play dvds with any other region outside your own as illegal (many countries in Europe) while others (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA etc) consider it perfectly legal

Offline FoXxX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:28:28 AM
Japanese DVD are a big problem... Zone 2 but in the NTSC zone (PAL is sh**! PAL is sh**)... But nowadays, the TV are already compatible between NTSC and PAL... And if you've problem... Download PowerDVD, or a codec pack and media player classic or VLC ^^

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 11:57:58 AM
I've received my X Japan Returns Box yesterday and it works perfectly^^ No problems on computer or on TV
Thanks you all anyway^^