• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Galneryus.

Zero · 4333

Offline Zero

• Rookie
  • The Night Craver
    • View Profile
on: July 18, 2008, 07:56:14 PM
Anyone heard these? They're absolutely amazing. Rival X Japan, in my opinion, but you can't get much better than X. ;)

Here's a link to two of their songs, and two of my personal favourites.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zjnNOkjnLVI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=muCjjgwh3S4

And a Loudness cover:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IuUBvERcm5Q

There is a chance for everyone, takes time but can be done...

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:15:19 PM
To me it sounds like a mix of later era Helloween and Dragonforce.... which isn't good....  ;D

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Orbis

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:01:54 PM
Some time ago, I watched a certain youtube video where Galneryus' guitarist "Syu" was showing off his skills. He was pretty good, have to admit.

Week End, Week End, Week End, I'm at My Wit's End"

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 03:57:04 PM
They're good, and all the members are very talented. Usually I just don't like the way the singer sings, that's why this is my favourite from them, he uses a pretty different technique here:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KzAfatAMOQ4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:10:17 PM by Hurley »

Mod color o' mine

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 04:09:57 PM
Some time ago, I watched a certain youtube video where Galneryus' guitarist "Syu" was showing off his skills. He was pretty good, have to admit.

Would that have been the Syu vs Jani Liimatainen one? That's an awesome video.

I quite like Galneryus, but I've never gotten around to getting anything by them :( Versailles replaced them as my favourite Japanese "power metallish" band.

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

Offline Zero

• Rookie
  • The Night Craver
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:46:22 PM
To me it sounds like a mix of later era Helloween and Dragonforce.... which isn't good....  ;D
Well, I don't here the DragonForce part (which, no, would not be good) but there's nothing at all wrong with Helloween, my friend. =P

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 04:16:36 AM
Syu is amazing, I haven't listened to these but I listened to some stuff by "VALKYR" which apparently where the pre-band before Galneryus! Also he has kickass videos on youtube. Probably one of the best guitarist of Japan and Soooo UNDERATED!

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 11:01:39 AM
Well, I don't here the DragonForce part (which, no, would not be good) but there's nothing at all wrong with Helloween, my friend. =P
Well, to me new Helloween is but a shadow of the old one. I consider the EP and the Keeper 1 LP to be two of the finest heavy metal recordings ever, and up there with most Running Wild albums as some of the best German metal albums, but the latest Helloween albums have lost the sheer intensity of the old ones. Plus I think Deris is a terrible singer. They're just a standard power metal band nowadays.

Offline FoXxX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 01:32:29 PM
In my opinion, Galneryus and X JApan don't playing in the same style...

X Japan is an powerful heavy rock with important touch of piano and melody which transform a simple heavy band in a unique formation, one of the greatiest rock band in the world ^^

Galneryus is just - for the moment- one of the powerful and best band in power metal, even if the last single is an evolution in the powerful sound, more heavy than the past album... And in live, Galneryus kicks ass! the Live for One, Live for All is just amazing!

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 04:44:28 PM
Iv came to a conclusion!

Galneryus are just like dragonforce if you want something different, download VALKYR, it's more of like a VK sounding band and amazing guitars rather than a dragonforce style band.

Offline Zero

• Rookie
  • The Night Craver
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 10:03:05 PM
Right, well, Galneryus aren't like DragonForce in any way for a start. DragonForce are musical wankers in the sense that they just hit any note they possibly can in quick succession, where as Galneryus play tastefully.

And Envenom, you really don't have an ear for good Helloween. Fair enough if you don't like Andi's singing style (I personally love it but, Helloween being my favourite band of all time, I'm gonna say that =P) but to say that their other albums (minus Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon - although I love them both, as well) is just not true, especially with stuff like their last two albums or their '94 - '97 era.

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 10:19:15 PM
They sound okay but like somebody already mentioned, i'm not a fan of the vocalist. I don't think a direct comparison to X Japan is entirely accurate. X Japan had a far more progressive style with lots of orchestral scores. You couldn't even call them a metal band after the Jealousy album really.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 10:29:45 PM

Huh, gotta agree. They have a good name but that's all..

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 10:34:11 PM
Aim For The Top has to be one of the best Power Metal songs I heard ever ^^
I like em!

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 09:07:18 AM
I like Galneryus a lot also, but I also think that they are waaay closer to for example Dragonfrorce, than X Japan...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 08:12:03 PM
And Envenom, you really don't have an ear for good Helloween. Fair enough if you don't like Andi's singing style (I personally love it but, Helloween being my favourite band of all time, I'm gonna say that =P) but to say that their other albums (minus Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon - although I love them both, as well) is just not true, especially with stuff like their last two albums or their '94 - '97 era.
I don't have an ear for good Helloween? I could say the same to you.... ::) The only Deris album that's decent is Master Of The Rings (though that may be because of nostalgic reasons). For me they lost "it" after Hansen left, and I like Gamma Ray a lot more than Helloween nowadays (though I have to admit that none of GR's records are as good as the Helloween EP and the Keeper 1 LP).

Hey, I like speed metal better than standard flowery German power metal, don't blame me.....

Offline Zero

• Rookie
  • The Night Craver
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 07:45:37 PM
Ugh, this is why I hate sub-genres of metal. As far as I'm concerned, metal is metal and that's that, none of this nordic, hellspawn, neo-warhammer crap. I just find Helloween to be metal.

And Hansen was an awful singer. He's gotten much better nowadays, but back then, on the early Helloween stuff, he wasn't very good. I've heard every Helloween album many, many times each over the last few years and, them being my favourite band added onto that, I'd say I have a very good ear for them. =P