• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Terminator Salvation (2009)

ferret · 9606

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: July 16, 2008, 11:28:33 PM

Klick on the pic to get to the movie's imdb profile.

Here's the teaser trailer in good quality.

or on youtube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0fhGshFLg[/youtube]

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm pumped!  :o This can only be better than T3 right?

Right?

RIP

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:50:00 AM
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm pumped!  :o This can only be better than T3 right?
It's by McG!! How could it be better. ... Nah, I really should give McG a chance at least *breathes in and out*.
I really hope it is. Christian Bale will definitely be a better John Connor than that dweep from the third one.

But omg. The trailer looks alright so far. But seriously, I'm not getting my hopes up. I cried because T3 was so disappointing. I'm also trying not to hate on the movie before I've seen it, but I get so overemotional over Terminator, I can't help it! XD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:55:47 AM by Skooter »

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:16:59 AM
I guess I'm one of the few people who actually kind of enjoyed T3 (still it's the worst out of the now-trilogy), but I enjoyed it as an action/sci-fi flic, not as a Terminator movie, that was hella disappointing  :(. Also the Terminatrix was lame, I hope they don't bring her back, ever.

What sucks is the lack of Sarah Connor and Arnie in this one (and Reese), but I guess bringing granpa Arnie back wouldn't be all that great, either.

RIP

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:51:41 PM
Yeah, if you look at T3 is a mildly amusing action sci-fi flick it isn't all that bad. But I couldn't switch my mind to watch it like that XD. I was just staring at the screen in horror: 'IT'S ALL WRONG T___T'

I really miss Sarah Connor. Terminator without Arnie is gonna be weird, but I don't think he could pull it off anymore XD. He was already stretching it in the third one. Anyway, I think they said that the 'young Kyle Reese' was going to play a role in it. It's also on IMDB, some guy named Anton Yelchin. If he turns out to be awesome I might really start to like the movie =D.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 02:20:54 PM
Check out the new Terminator

U will never be Arnie, sorry  :-X

RIP

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 02:32:55 PM
Oh dear XDD. Well, better him than a 'CGI Arnold' they also mentioned in that article. That would be beyond horrible.

It kinda saddens me that we're the only ones posting here XD.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 02:37:27 PM
Well, better him than a 'CGI Arnold' they also mentioned in that article. That would be beyond horrible.

They could've used that one puppet/robot thing they used in T1  ;D

It kinda saddens me that we're the only ones posting here XD.

Oh, they'll come, just you wait, they'll be all over this thread...in 5 months or so.

RIP

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 03:23:55 PM
Teaser looks nice, Christian Bale is an awesome actor and I think the Franchise could really move on (and it could work) with this movie, from the 'How can we change/stop the Future-War' to 'How can we win the Future-War'. And I really don't mind if Arnold is in this one or not, let's face it, he's not becoming younger and perhaps it's better when he's not involved in this one.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 07:45:07 PM

bigger version @ the source

RIP

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 11:25:05 AM
And what's John Connar saying at that picuter? 'Owned' ;-)

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 08:36:33 PM
I'm curious how the movie will look like when it's done completely with all effects included.
The teaser just looks a bit cheesy imho, like the real fx aren't all done yet. And I really hope it is that way.
After T2 the terminator series is symbol of great sfx for me

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 11:48:43 AM
Terminator Salvation Footage Wows Skeptics With Badassery

At this morning’s Terminator Salvation panel featuring McG and the cast of the film, the director unveiled several minutes of footage from the upcoming film. McG mentioned that filming is only 50% complete and that no CGI had been added yet.

The footage opens with a descending overhead shot of John Connor (Christian Bale), barely emerging from the scene of a helicopter crash. “Are there any survivors?” a cackling radio voice asks? “One,” Bale says quietly, then again, shouting, for emphasis. He walks off into the distance, as we begin to hear Bale’s dialogue in the film.

The rest of the trailer takes place in various places in 2018, when Earth has become a bombed out, post-apocalyptic hellscape after the rise of Skynet. Amongst other scenes, we see a face to face confrontation between Connor and Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), in which Bale threateningly declares, “If I let you down, you’ll kill everyone in this room,” and then later, “You tried killing my mother. You killed my father. You will not kill me.”

A young Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin) delivers the “Come with me if you want to live” line and we see several obscured shots of T-600s, hideous combinations of metal and rubbery flesh. A topless (but covered by her hands) Blair Williams, played by Moon Bloodgood, shares a poignant look with Wright. At one point in the trailer, Connor and Reese share a meaningful exchange. Various action shots, full of shooting, running, and massive explosions are concluded by a shot of Bale screaming at the close sight of a metal cyborg hand.

As the trailer ended and the title card faded onto the screen, the audience went wild. I personally was not expecting to be impressed, but the trailer actually left me wanting more(!). The complete lack of CGI and practical effects was, as always, refreshing in this day and age of Hollywood action blockbusters. More interestingly, McG is an extremely engaging panel presence, and worked very hard to assuage fanboy fears that this film would be a bastardization. I’m not completely sold on the film yet, but the footage was a great start and certainly the presence of Bale played no small part in that.

McG also announced that a Salvation trailer would be attached to this fall’s Quantum of Solace, so you can catch some more footage then and decide for yourselves what to think.

source

RIP

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 12:12:47 PM
So far that doesn't sound too bad. At least more promising than T3? I hope they keep the CGI to a minimum...
I do think I'll have to actually see it to get a good opinion on the whole Kyle Reese situation.

Offline FoXxX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 01:12:37 PM
Christian Bale ===> John Connor... What else? *o*

T3 is just a good action movie, but the scenario is the same that T2. For the new trilogy I think that it's very interessent to see a new actor, with the story which we always to see... The war between cyborg and men!

But the director is McG and it's my worst nightmare i__i (with Uwe Boll and Brett Rattner i__i)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 02:16:21 PM
But the director is McG and it's my worst nightmare i__i (with Uwe Boll and Brett Rattner i__i)

You forgot Paul Anderson.

Offline FoXxX

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 03:02:26 PM
Paul W.S Anderson has realized Event horizon è__é... Ok one good movie ^^' Only one ^^'

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 03:10:44 PM
I think he means this Paul Anderson. But add Michael Bay and I'm in.  ;D

RIP

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 06:13:02 PM
Nope, I meant the Paul Anderson FoXxX said. *g* I have to admit, Event Horizon is pretty cool, but that's it, I really can't stand his movies, almost as bad as Uwe Boll. And McG is also a director I don't like that much, so I'm still a little worried about T4.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 06:22:22 PM
But how can you hate the person who brought us Mortal Kombat?  :(

And while I agree that the Angels movies are kinda bad I find them pretty entertaining. I saw the second on at the movies and wanted a third one so badly lulz.

RIP

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 06:25:44 PM
But how can you hate the person who brought us Mortal Kombat?  :(

Cause it sucked? *g* Well, compared to Street Fighter it was godlike, that's right ;-)

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 05:27:20 PM
FIRST LOOK

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

John Connor (Christian Bale) questions Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a terminator who’s either sent from the future or rescued from the past.

IT’S a brilliant move casting Christian Bale as the adult John Connor. We’ve only seen young Connor (Edward Furlong in T2 and Thomas Dekker in The Sarah Connor Chronicles ... yes, we are ignoring Nick Stahl’s effort in that weak T3 movie) who is fated to lead the human resistance against the evil company, Skynet, and its army of Terminators in the near future. So it makes perfect sense that the actor who generously gave Bruce Wayne and his masked alter-ego layers of depth should also play the grown-up Connor. They also got the very talented Bryce Dallas Howard to play John’s wife, Kate Connor (yay!)

A teaser trailer released last month indicates that director McG might just resuscitate this franchise once again. Well, he’d better because it’s a three-film deal! The world after the Judgement Day – described hence far only by John Connor’s parents – is uncompromisingly devastating, with chaos reigning everywhere. In an eerie way, the trailer begins with a human skull being crushed. That visual says so much about the dire situation of this post-apocalyptic world, especially with Bale’s voiceover, “... this is not the future my mother warned me about. In this future, I don’t know if we could win this war”. Erm, and what of the Terminators? They look kind of different. Apparently, the future was altered thanks to an individual named Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington). At the official site (www.terminatorsalvation.com), McG writes there are all kind of artificial intelligences including Hydrobots which patrol the water, Transports which move human prisoners, Harvesters and Aerostats ... whoah! Keep May 28, 2009 free, people, because “The End Begins” on that day.

source

RIP

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 05:50:59 PM
It's a three-film deal??? Err, woah.

I don't know Bryce Dallas Howard, has anyone seen her in action? I have a huge crush on Claire Danes but I never thought she was right for the Terminator series so I'm fine with them getting someone else. Hope the Kate Connor character is better in this one though.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 06:17:37 PM
Hmm dunno what to expect. I haven't personally seen the last one either so.. I should check that one first.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 06:54:54 PM
I've never watched T3. T and T2 are still great movies.

Offline Overdose

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:11 PM
I did not mind T3 though it was no where near as good as the first two, I will miss Arnie being in it though, it's his best role cos he's just so robotic (deliberately).  Though I did find arnie amusing in Kindergarden Cop.

The new film does look cool though, it will be better than T3 I am pretty sure anyway from what I've seen.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 06:20:55 PM
Some new pics:

And even better than the pics is this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLXVuy0h29c[/youtube]

Christian Bale getting angry on the set, funny as hell :)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 06:24:31 PM