Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:28:05 PM
peace ^^

lol,totally uncommon,i know XD

Offline Romero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/romerozombie
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 01:28:59 PM
When they call it "family" are you sure they mean proper like "mother + son" family and not just like "we love this guy so much that if we loved him anymore we would have to be his family" family?..

I too wont be joining, for the exact same reasons that you said panthere.

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 02:08:00 PM
I believe you are taking the "family" far too literally. Like Romero said, I don't think they mean like the mother - son, brother - brother etc. kinda family. I believe they just wan't to be a group that supports Yoshiki in whatever he does, and just chose the word "family" for their loving and caring community.

I won't be joining tho.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 04:34:56 AM
family there doesn't mean really "family". family can mean a whole lot of people. like in my country, there are 2 fans club using the word "family" like Bae Yong Jun Family Indonesia, etc. main destination is gathering all the fans. so it's nothing need to be confused.

Saint(c)!!! doesn't mean they ignored you there!!! ok? ^__^

..I wish I were there beside you...

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 04:50:02 AM
yeah but the one who makes that is not a japanese right?

beside we are all family ^^

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 10:18:08 AM
Am I extremely important to you? :D

Okok just kidding. But yea 'family' is often used in non-literal meanings in the western world... But yea I would had named the club something like 'Y-Freaks' :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:09:42 PM by Maverick »

This is my administrator color.

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 12:21:12 PM
I know that in the European culture it's OK to call people "bro", "sis", "dear" or what ever, but is it the same in the Japanese culture?

I still think that International Family is kinda "rude" or something and 'cause of that I'm not joining. I'll respect Yoshiki in my way and don't see a reason why to join that community.

'm at my wits end

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 02:14:41 PM
really??Oo' thats so strange!being friendly with someone is not offensive....why do japanese feel that?xX
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:10:35 PM by Maverick »

Offline Keppikeksi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 05:18:59 PM
Just like I thought. That's also why I'm not joining. People just haven't thought about the cultural differences between US, Europe and Japan. We just have to hope that Yoshiki and his REAL family don't see it offensive or anything... Maybe they'll understand the cultural difference - I hope.

I don't understand the people who came up with that idea. OK, I understand that must love or admire Yoshiki or something but still... Call themselves as "Yoshiki's International Family". Honestly, I don't understand it. "Yoshiki fanclub" or something would be a different matter though and it would be ok.

The way I see it, jrock fans want to "own" the band and it's members or something. Here in Finland I've seen few people saying something like "I hope that more people would not join this community" about Alice Nine. And those fanfiction thingies... I've never understood them. OK, it might be fun to write hide and Pata or Kyo and Toshiya as gays and put them to have sex and all... But still I see that it's offensive or rude towards those who play the main role in that fic. But that's my opinion...

Back to the topic.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:10:53 PM by Maverick »

'm at my wits end

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 09:39:16 PM
Speaking of fanfic, I'm mostly prone to find most of it odd, and more than that, badly written. (which is what I, maybe, protest much more against. I mean, fiction of that kind is weird alone, although, it tends to- from my experience- be badly written on top of that, which makes it even more weird than previously, to point of not being readable... I guess.)

Ah I'm supposed to be on topic. I see. Well, does wearing a billboard saying "Y Freaks*- Families are Sacred" help anyone to understand what party are my sympathies with?  :wink:

*- in support of Hypno's idea. Although, I could object once more, because we are not real Yoshiki FREAKS, are we? That idea just sounds scary and too much obsessive.

Oooh well maybe it's better if I don't start to go in depth on this topic of naming. Either think it is so not worth pursuing, or make jokes about it.

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

Offline Yoshide

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 02:08:04 PM
ghe! i really don't understand how to say it to you PanthereNoire, if you don't accept that it's your problem. beside i think the one who makes that just want to gather Yoshiki's fans. and maybe they don't know the using of word "family" in Japan can be so deep like that. like i said before, here are also fans club use the word"family" but it's just fine. so i think it's just about different meaning in each country.

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 02:59:35 PM
Well, that sounded pretty ugly. I'd call that childish and naive answer. Or perhaps not naive, but answer from a person who doesn't accept any different opinions or critic. How stupid and selfish reply.

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 03:40:13 PM
Quote from: "Orkrist"
Well, that sounded pretty ugly. I'd call that childish and naive answer. Or perhaps not naive, but answer from a person who doesn't accept any different opinions or critic. How stupid and selfish reply.

This, on the contrary, I would call extremely insightful answer :wink:

'll save you from yourself. Fly...