Guest · 29012

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:56 PM
Quote from: "aruzo"
Reasons against:
You're away from your friends, I think being with your friends is an important part of the concert.

Well, if you order the tickets together with your friends this shouldn't be a problem.

Now, the problem is, I don't think all X-Freaks can order tickets at once... 8D

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #91 on: July 12, 2008, 11:14:41 PM
Reasons against:
You're away from your friends, I think being with your friends is an important part of the concert.
If you're dedicated enough you can get an amazing position.
Try to be together with only one friend at a concert where thousands of fangirls are screaming and jumping around. I did, didn't work :P

I'm lucky to be tall tho...

This is my administrator color.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #92 on: July 13, 2008, 12:19:06 AM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Reasons against:
If you're dedicated enough you can get an amazing position.
Try to be together with only one friend at a concert where thousands of fangirls are screaming and jumping around. I did, didn't work :P

I'm lucky to be tall tho...

Hahaha, I just like to share the atmosphere with friends, not talk to them xDDD.

I'm so excited though, I hope I get to meet some awesome people here and hopefully meet them at concert!

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 13, 2008, 12:35:58 AM
I think un-numbered seating would be best. It would have all of the benefits of a standing concert (i.e: those who put in the effort are rewarded with the best places, choose who you sit/stand with etc.) but you'd also have space around you and a seat for inbetween bands or if you feel tired.

Either way, I won't complain too much unless I find myself given a seat at the other end of the Hall :evil:

Quote from: "Konata"
WE SHALL LIVE ON FROZEN RICE AND VODKA.

WODKA!!!

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #94 on: July 14, 2008, 03:37:05 AM
o.o
it's on my birthday and I can't go.  :(

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #95 on: July 14, 2008, 07:36:32 AM
Frankly, I am all for numbered seating the way it was in the Tokyo Dome. I want to find my seat in peace and order, no camping outside the hall in November and struggling with the crowd. Believe me, that the fact that everyone had their own seat put no restrains on the atmosphere and everybody could shout and jump to his or her heart's content. Call me old or whatever, but I really don't feel like being pushed and pulled and stomped on and get separated from my companions, thank you very much.

Pony rocks!

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 14, 2008, 10:29:10 AM
If I manage to get there, I do hope it's seated.

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 14, 2008, 11:23:18 AM
I have never been to a seated concert before ... so ... XD
(But I've also never been to a concert with more than maybe 5000 visitors. So if it were twice or a three times as many, it may be a good thing XD~)

*tired*

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #98 on: July 14, 2008, 11:29:22 AM
Yeah, seating would be better.

May X be with you!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #99 on: July 14, 2008, 11:31:36 AM
Quote from: "Anna"
Frankly, I am all for numbered seating the way it was in the Tokyo Dome. I want to find my seat in peace and order, no camping outside the hall in November and struggling with the crowd. Believe me, that the fact that everyone had their own seat put no restrains on the atmosphere and everybody could shout and jump to his or her heart's content. Call me old or whatever, but I really don't feel like being pushed and pulled and stomped on and get separated from my companions, thank you very much.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean! :/

Somehow I can't imagine X making an all staning concert anyway, not  that size. Well, and non-numbered and seated at the same time....um...just...no... >_>; that's even more chaotic than standing I think >_<;;;

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: July 14, 2008, 01:57:57 PM
Seriously, this concert wont have standing it's too dangerous. Maybe read hide's blog, he explains the dangers of a standing gig alot more xD

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: July 14, 2008, 02:05:55 PM
Interesting! Any chance you have a link to where he talks about that?  :D

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: July 14, 2008, 02:13:59 PM
Seriously, this concert wont have standing it's too dangerous. Maybe read hide's blog, he explains the dangers of a standing gig alot more xD

Could you elaborate? Why would it be so dangerous? :?

PanthereNoire

Reply #103 on: July 14, 2008, 02:22:43 PM
Tokyo Dome was seated (AND numbered) but that doesn't mean people watched sitting down and everybody went crazy anyway. :twisted:

And trust me, with the wait between the stadium opens and the concert actually starts and the length that X lives are, you'll be happy to had the occasional opportunity to sit down long before the live's over. :P

Personal recommendation: take umbrellas. Don't know why but X lives' days tend to attract rain... well, you could copy the people in the lines at Tokyo Dome and sing "Endless Rain." ;)

EDIT: Standing at such a large event would be dangerous because of crowd behaviour, for example, everybody pressing forward when people get excited and everybody wants to get close to the action, which could lead to people being crushed and panicking when they are caught too tightly in a crows which in turn could cause a mass panic. At Tokyo Dome, and Ajinomoto Stadium as well, they even had partitions between the blogs, even though it was all seated.

In fact, in the early X days several publicity events of X had to be canceled on the spot because of fans' mass panics and that was at events for a few hundred people only. Can you imagine what might happen in a situation like that with several thousands?

Even sitting, from an emergency crowd control point of view, events like Tokyo Dome are security and logistics nightmares.

And in Japan, most large live houses, like Tokyo ZEPP, have actually barriers/space breakers in place during performances.

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: July 14, 2008, 02:36:06 PM
Yeah, but this ain't the Tokyo dome. I was in the front row when Iron Maiden played at the Bercy and, though it was painful, I survived. There's a second barrier about halfway up the hall, so there is only really a crowd of about 6,000 behind you. It really isn't that dangerous, the security are good there as well, they give out lots of water.

PanthereNoire

Reply #105 on: July 14, 2008, 02:43:26 PM
It's not Tokyo Dome, but to the best of my knowledge - and I know a bit about the topic - that's the rationale usually employed for not doing standing at large events.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #106 on: July 14, 2008, 02:45:45 PM
You survived, some other people might not :P

I'v been at a non-seated concert of around a thousand people... The water they handed out at the front didn't reach more than few rows of people... And they did have to carry away some fainted fans.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #107 on: July 14, 2008, 02:47:25 PM
I've never went to any show that wasn't standing... I don't even think seating Hard Rock concerts exist in Europe :D

Though I'd prefer seating for X Japan, cause that's how they always do, and it's less stress for us. You can take your time, enjoy meeting the other X-Freaks and all  8)

PanthereNoire

Reply #108 on: July 14, 2008, 02:50:25 PM
And everybody really still goes crazy while they play (well, unless they're very different from the fans at TD, which I don't expect to be the case). I at least got progressively sore over the three days and my voice progressively hoarse...

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 14, 2008, 02:59:25 PM
Yeah sooo many people pushing forward to get closer. In nearly every single J-rock gig this happens and it's very dangerous. This isn't just a J-rock gig, this is X Japan. Probably the greatest Japanese band EVAR >=D. Seriously though, I highly doubt for standing, X are waaay past all that.

Offline Konata

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 14, 2008, 03:17:52 PM
I've been at concerts of FAR less than a thousand with people fainting. You can't expect everyone at the concert to be 30-year old men who can take a thousand punches to the gut and still stand straight. There WILL be kids, particularly from France itself, that come only because it's 'jamayonnaise'. Even morons don't deserve to faint and get trampled, do they?

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 14, 2008, 03:21:57 PM
Well problem is anyone can say "iv been to worse concerts where people get tramped etc.." But I dont think X has had a standing crowd in years? [citation needed]. I just highly doubt standing whatsoever. It's just the way of X to sit.

PanthereNoire

Reply #112 on: July 14, 2008, 03:29:44 PM
Aside from that, concert and tour organizers also think about events in therms of liability issues, and being sued for real or imagined negligence is NOT on their list of desirable outcomes. Or even "just" having bad publicity because an event turned out chaotic.

If it's anything as the end of March X lives and the early May hide memorial summit was, there will be guards/minders every 10 or 20 meters or so... though, they won't interfere with the fun as long as there aren't any problems. Oh, for leaving the venue after it's over - again, if it's anything like in Japan - be prepared to have to wait (being able to sit down comes in handy here again) until your blog is named for the next to leave on the loud speakers. Everything BUT the actually performance is VERY orderly at X lives (don't forget to take your trash home, either! X fans always do that. :) )

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 14, 2008, 03:32:50 PM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
If it's anything as the end of March X lives and the early May hide memorial summit was, there will be guards/minders every 10 or 20 meters or so... though, they won't interfere with the fun as long as there aren't any problems. Oh, for leaving the venue after it's over - again, if it's anything like in Japan - be prepared to have to wait (being able to sit down comes in handy here again) until your blog is named for the next to leave on the loud speakers. Everything BUT the actually performance is VERY orderly at X lives (don't forget to take your trash home, either! X fans always do that. :) )

Thanks for this info!
Although, I'm not sure it will be done exactly like in Japan.
It'll be a little weird for them to come to Europe and expect everyone does it like in Japan. That's a little closed-minded, somehow, even though it's the best security-wise.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #114 on: July 14, 2008, 03:38:21 PM
I'm not going to the Paris show(still waiting for a US announcement) but I actually would prefer seated with just enough room to do "X" without getting slapped in the face lol. I am short(5 ft.) so it's bound to happen. Plus if they keep it in NY, that will just be crazy to camp out there in the winter time. Knowing me, I'd still probably do it. :twisted:

The last rock concert I went to was for AFI and I didn't get seats. Some girl kept trying to push my husband. It was funny because well my husband is 5'11, about 190-200lbs and there's this little 5 ft. girl trying to push him out of the way. People will try just about anything to get as close to the stage.

PanthereNoire

Reply #115 on: July 14, 2008, 03:51:03 PM
@Millie: you can bet that's EXACTLY what they are going to expect. Especially a certain someone I'm not going to name but who's known to be convinced that he world has to move the way he wants. Anyway he wants. Even if that's diametrically opposite on consecutive days. (And for the record, I stil adore him and wouldn't have it differently, even though it drives everybody even remotely connected crazy.)

@leria83: I feel sure some US live, maybe more than one (though that are just personal GUESSES, based on my history with X, NOT any kind kind of confirmed information.

And what you said about the behaviour of that fan is, I think, exactly why organizers prefer seating. And, once more, if it's anything like Japan, you'll have nice space to jump and pound fists in the air and head bang, without being hit, but everybody still close enough for all the "live" energy to connect. (And I prefer it that way myself, actually, though in Japan I'm too tall to be hit. What I don't like is other people hair flying into my face and eyes.)

Offline PSYCHed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 14, 2008, 03:56:57 PM
I remember when I went to see a couple of concerts while I was in Japan a few years ago, just club dates - that after doors opened you had to enter the venue in order of your ticket number, with these guys standing there shouting the numbers out.  Sooooo organised as you can imagine, but then of course we didn't have a clue of the Japanese language, so in the end we just got let in early...

... and then also you were given a token or badge that enabled you to get a free drink from the bar (which was mysteriously empty apart from alcohol crazy westerners!  :roll: ) - though saying that it was a good thing as ticket prices were quite expensive anyway...

... and not forgetting the hillarious meet and greet afterwards, where you were allowed only to shake hands with the band and move on - strictly do not speak, take photos, get autographs etc... Everybody was just so polite.

So I'm just wondering PN or anybody in the know, do these kind of regulations still occur in Japan in those huge venues like Tokyo Dome?!?  I mean would take FOREVER to get inside with all of those thousands of people  :shock:

But I am definitely planning on going to see X make their European debut in Paris, and I'm kinda hoping that it is all seated so you don't have to queue all day to get a decent spot etc. - and praying already that I can get a decent seat when tix do go on sale  8)

~~~~~~~
EVER FREE
~~~~~~~

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 14, 2008, 04:03:24 PM
Quote from: "PSYCHed"
I remember when I went to see a couple of concerts while I was in Japan a few years ago, just club dates - that after doors opened you had to enter the venue in order of your ticket number, with these guys standing there shouting the numbers out.  Sooooo organised as you can imagine, but then of course we didn't have a clue of the Japanese language, so in the end we just got let in early...

I experienced the numbered entering in Stockholm when Kana came here. Very nice, no fuzz, cold as hell outside, though, but in the end the concert was standing anyways. But Kana fans are MUCH more peaceful than, say, Dir en grey fans XD

Offline PSYCHed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 14, 2008, 04:09:13 PM
Really, maybe outside of Japan it is just at the request of the bands or whatever what system they choose.  Knowing Yoshiki then (or rather what I read about Y) the Paris concert WILL probably just be like bringing the whole X JAPAN experience worldwide only in different venue (if you know what I mean!)

As for Scandanavia (I am still to go to a gig in Sweden), but I know in Finland they have a very strict cloakroom policy of handing your coat in at most venues and having to pay (sometimes having to pay cloakroom charge even if you don't want to hand your coat in!!  :? ).  

Guess it is each to their own in the end eh :!:

~~~~~~~
EVER FREE
~~~~~~~

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 14, 2008, 04:13:34 PM
Quote from: "PSYCHed"
As for Scandanavia (I am still to go to a gig in Sweden), but I know in Finland they have a very strict cloakroom policy of handing your coat in at most venues and having to pay (sometimes having to pay cloakroom charge even if you don't want to hand your coat in!!  :? ).

I've never experienced the cloakroom thing here in Sweden. We have cloakroosm but depending on the concert I prefer not to hand anything in because they always charge.