MiscastDice got banned...

SarahAlex · 29823

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: July 12, 2008, 01:34:09 PM
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"
Oh, that question. Am I supposed to answer that?

It was a question to everyone in general.
I mean, it's the core to why this topic is still going on.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: July 12, 2008, 01:34:43 PM
Ah, ok.  8)

PanthereNoire

Reply #152 on: July 12, 2008, 05:03:06 PM
Quote from: "X-J"

By the way, have you ever heard of "fair use"? I'm referring to this rule:

As a point of information, the Fair Use Agreement is a legal concept in the USA, it's NOT the law in Japan - where the vast majority of images posted generates and publishers are rather obsessive about copy right - nor, to the best of my knowledge, in Estonia, the physical location of this board or, again to the best of my knowledge, at this point in time, anywhere in the EU at all.

So, you're argument simply does not apply to the current situation.

However, there might be ways how an overall disclaimer might be implemented in a way that should cover the issue, at least to show good intent, though it still wouldn't protect Sander should any of the Japanese publishers decide to sue.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: July 12, 2008, 06:33:23 PM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"

By the way, have you ever heard of "fair use"? I'm referring to this rule:

As a point of information, the Fair Use Agreement is a legal concept in the USA, it's NOT the law in Japan - where the vast majority of images posted generates and publishers are rather obsessive about copy right - nor, to the best of my knowledge, in Estonia, the physical location of this board or, again to the best of my knowledge, at this point in time, anywhere in the EU at all.

So, you're argument simply does not apply to the current situation.

However, there might be ways how an overall disclaimer might be implemented in a way that should cover the issue, at least to show good intent, though it still wouldn't protect Sander should any of the Japanese publishers decide to sue.

But why would they sue? Seriously, do you REALLY think we're top priority on a list of copyright infringers in the X Japan fandom? A fandom where a bootleg became an official release and doujinshika have been encouraged to engage in their behaviors?

I am convinced one of our worst problems here is a case of projection. Fans who want to "protect" or "angelify" or whatever ascribe their own uptight, "I sat on a quite large vertical cactus today" ideals and behavior to the band members, who most likely do not share this kind of uptight, onerous (or should I say obsessive) behavior and concern for law/American or Japanese conservative mores/"being good."

Let me give an example of this. Yoshiki drives drunk. It's a documented fact that he does. He's admitted to one incident in a 1995 interview, the one where he plea bargained to reckless. He had an actual DUI conviction as well later; which is on file in the state of California if anyone, unlike me, wants to bother to pay to look it up. Not only that, people around here have described near-accidents involving him and seeing him show up/leave concerts entirely wasted while driving his own car. (Yes, PN, if you can pull the OMG I LIVE IN Japan card, I can pull the OMG I LIVE IN LA card.)

Now, let's say that the hypothetical you (the fan engaging in uptight projection) believes that drunk driving is one of the worst crimes anyone can ever commit. You may very well convince yourself that Yoshiki is too perfect to drive drunk, despite overwhelming proof he does. You may even convince yourself all of those charges were "overblown" or "a conspiracy" or some such.

Hell, even if you're angrily driving along someday in LA and suddenly, out of nowhere, a black Ferrari with "EXTASY" license plates swerves into your lane and smashes into your car, and Yoshiki staggers out smelling like wine and holding a half-empty bottle in his hand when you exchange license and registration, if you're "good enough" at projecting your hate of drunk driving onto him, you could PROBABLY convince yourself he wasn't driving drunk, no way. Because good people don't drive drunk and Yoshiki is a good person. :roll:

Honestly, that's why this kind of projecting behavior pisses me off. It reads individuals as good/bad, black/white, when the members of X Japan were not so easily definable and nor is the fandom of the band.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 12, 2008, 06:56:16 PM
What does that have to do with anything right now?

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 12, 2008, 07:03:17 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

What it has to do with anything is that Panthere Noire projects her own personal beliefs on everything from Yoshiki's relationship with Toshi to the ostensible drug-free lifestyle of the band -don't make me fucking laugh- to their stances on things like copyright and Yoshiki's feelings toward having his drumming described as multiorgasmic deathsex onto the band itself and/or Yoshiki.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: July 12, 2008, 07:07:01 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"

What it has to do with anything is that Panthere Noire projects her own personal beliefs on everything from Yoshiki's relationship with Toshi to the ostensible drug-free lifestyle of the band -don't make me fucking laugh- to their stances on things like copyright and Yoshiki's feelings toward having his drumming described as multiorgasmic deathsex onto the band itself and/or Yoshiki.

I said, waht does this have to do with anything RIGHT NOW? It was two months since she did this. She hasn't done it again. I don't think you know much more than she does about their views on copyright - which she didn't even write about. What she wrote was the general state in the different countries and it is a fact that japanese labels and agencies are very strict with pictures and the likes leaking out on websites (or at least they are within the country, and they've got a strong fanbase telling anyone who does otherwise to remove material they're not allowed to share). I'm not saying this is how it should be done here - this is just what PN stated.
Maybe she will do what you accuse her of doing again, but won't you please save your energy until then?

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: July 12, 2008, 07:10:04 PM

I said, waht does this have to do with anything RIGHT NOW? It was two months since she did this. She hasn't done it again. I don't think you know much more than she does about their views on copyright - which she didn't even write about. What she wrote was the general state in the different countries and it is a fact that japanese labels and agencies are very strict with pictures and the likes leaking out on websites (or at least they are within the country, and they've got a strong fanbase telling anyone who does otherwise to remove material they're not allowed to share). I'm not saying this is how it should be done here - this is just what PN stated.
Maybe she will do what you accuse her of doing again, but won't you please save your energy until then?

I am saying that until she brought the fucking drama here, WE HAD NO ISSUES WITH THIS. Seriously, NOBODY CARED. No one even told Hypno to stop offering bootlegs for pay or get sued, and THAT is a lot more legally questionable than users (most of whom are based in countries where fair use or something approximating it does exist) posting pics or whatever.

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: July 12, 2008, 07:16:35 PM
I am saying that until she brought the fucking drama here, WE HAD NO ISSUES WITH THIS. Seriously, NOBODY CARED.

thats EXACTLY what im saying, nobody fucking cared

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: July 12, 2008, 07:20:11 PM

I am saying that until she brought the fucking drama here, WE HAD NO ISSUES WITH THIS. Seriously, NOBODY CARED. No one even told Hypno to stop offering bootlegs for pay or get sued, and THAT is a lot more legally questionable than users (most of whom are based in countries where fair use or something approximating it does exist) posting pics or whatever.

You joined like 3 days before me. Don't tell me you know the "good ol' times", cause I sure don't. And nobody really cares now either. I don't really know who on the forums it is that desperately wants Yoshiki Mobile messages 3 days before they've leaked anways.
I do agree that the pic disclaimer thing is a bit overdone though, but do not forget it's being discussed by the staff.

Maybe Japanese officials will decide to sue us - maybe they won't. I personally don't think we're a primary "target".
Don't think they haven't done it before, though.

However, I won't get too deep into the discussions about legal stuff since I'm not very into it.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: July 12, 2008, 07:28:03 PM
Maybe Japanese officials will decide to sue us

HAHA, you dont seriously believe this, lololololol.
if you do, i'm afraid i have to call you naive and childish and assume that you suffer from having an attention deficit,
but thats okay, lets blame it on the age

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: July 12, 2008, 07:29:50 PM
Quote from: "le.pilote"
if you do, i'm afraid i have to call you naive and childish and assume that you suffer from having an attention deficit,

I told you what my personal opinion was.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: July 12, 2008, 07:32:27 PM
I told you what my personal opinion was.

i suffer from alzheimer unfortunately, why dont you tell me once more?

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: July 12, 2008, 07:33:48 PM
I personally don't think we're a primary "target".

Nothing is stopping you from scrolling up to have a look yourself.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:48 PM
Nothing is stopping you from scrolling up to have a look yourself.

hey keep it nice and easy sweet, after all we'll be walking down the aisle soon

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #165 on: July 12, 2008, 07:37:48 PM
For those who don't believe about the suing stuff, I've been sued once because of a website I owned. Before, I also thought it was impossible to get sued, but well, it is. Better be careful than to risk to lose everything that has been built.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: July 12, 2008, 08:21:31 PM
Quote from: "Lucs"
For those who don't believe about the suing stuff, I've been sued once because of a website I owned. Before, I also thought it was impossible to get sued, but well, it is. Better be careful than to risk to lose everything that has been built.

Axl Rose is a whole lot more litigious than Yoshiki seems to be, IIRC. Axl will sue you for anything, and I think that Yoshiki has been sued more than he's aggressively looking to sue people. As long as we don't list his age and birthdate here, I don't think he'll sue us.

And if Yoshiki is going to sue someone, I think Johnny's Entertainment and Kat-Tun would be higher on the list than some random forum. At least we didn't rip off the composition from Vanishing Love for our new single Lips. . .

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #167 on: July 12, 2008, 08:45:22 PM
Axl Rose haven't sued me... what are you talkin' about ?

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: July 12, 2008, 09:04:58 PM
Quote from: "Lucs"
Axl Rose haven't sued me... what are you talkin' about ?

I assumed he was the one who'd sue a GnR forum since he tends to sue those. . .

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: July 13, 2008, 04:57:50 PM

HEY;

why do get warned for this, i only said i'd have to assume this shit, if she millie millie believed in that stuff, i didnt harass her!

pull that warning back guys

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: July 13, 2008, 05:43:55 PM

RIP

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: July 13, 2008, 06:06:21 PM
Quote from: "ferret"

alright, that was indeed a good one

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: July 13, 2008, 06:16:31 PM
Why thank you :wink:

Btw, I think the answer why MD was banned has been answered already, so I'm not sure what there's left to discuss here; everyone's just talking off topic stuff, I suggest you talk about those things in the spam thread or via pm but not here, it's getting too confusing when some people here turn every second thread into a "remember the good ol' times when..." discussion.

RIP

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: July 13, 2008, 09:20:36 PM
Where's the cruelty in my statement towards MiscastDice? Are you saying everyone, especially in a moderating position, has to be friends with everyone?

Yes, mods should be able to deal with every1. There're other shades besides arrogance and close friendship.

Does MiscastDice feel insulted, especially after all the insulting he has done himself? If so, let him speak for himself.
I'm not going to be rude to anyone, but I'm sure as hell not having a sleep-over with all of you.

This argument is a straw-man: I never said intimacy, but I did say courtesy and mature use of language, that is, in the event the administration is going to justify any bans etc. If the police goes about mugging people and declares mugging illegal, it won't have much force does it? It still doesn't mean that the police is obliged to be everyone's soulmate.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: July 13, 2008, 09:55:34 PM

Yes, mods should be able to deal with every1. There're other shades besides arrogance and close friendship.

This argument is a straw-man: I never said intimacy, but I did say courtesy and mature use of language, that is, in the event the administration is going to justify any bans etc. If the police goes about mugging people and declares mugging illegal, it won't have much force does it? It still doesn't mean that the police is obliged to be everyone's soulmate.

I have not in any of my posts been rude, vulgar or personally attacknig anyone. I'm perfectly capable of dealing with everyone here in a polite way even if I don't like them. I have been harsh, yes, but that is not rude, and certainly not as rude to bring up a personal fight that's been troubling me emotionally in a conversation that's completely irrelevant to it; using it as a measure on how trustworthy I am. If MD or you feel like judging me after something someone has written under serious emotional affection, then you are the rude ones. But hey, I can't change what you feel about me after reading biased statements and that's why it's lucky I never intended to be soulmates with MD.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: July 13, 2008, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Btw, I think the answer why MD was banned has been answered already, so I'm not sure what there's left to discuss here; everyone's just talking off topic stuff, I suggest you talk about those things in the spam thread or via pm but not here, it's getting too confusing when some people here turn every second thread into a "remember the good ol' times when..." discussion.

no way, lets keep it open, so people can rant on and on and on and on.

and even if you close it, another thread like this will pop its head about 2 seconds after this one gets closed.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: July 14, 2008, 11:00:02 AM
Ferret, i'm going to have to request that you remove your signature. Scientology has been suing people for putting that video on the internet. I imagine images and gifs of it can get Sander sued too.

I can provide links if you would like. I'm just very worried that the site may be taken down and we might be seen as some sort of evil force even worse than Xenu.

So yeah. Since it violates the XF rules and the law and even given it's history I could sleep MUCH easier if you removed it. Gomen ^.^

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: July 14, 2008, 11:02:14 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"
Ferret, i'm going to have to request that you remove your signature. Scientology has been suing people for putting that video on the internet. I imagine images and gifs of it can get Sander sued too.

I think the Church of Scientology are putting more effort into tracking down Anonymous.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #178 on: July 14, 2008, 11:02:55 AM
I think this has nothing to do with this topic. Please someone close this topic. Thank you.

There's an off topic subforums btw. Use it.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: July 14, 2008, 11:07:18 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"

I think the Church of Scientology are putting more effort into tracking down Anonymous.

Maybe the Church of Scientology will decide to sue us - maybe they won't. I personally don't think we're a primary "target".
Don't think they haven't done it before, though