• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

MiscastDice got banned...

SarahAlex · 29810

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #90 on: July 11, 2008, 10:58:24 AM
I am just talkin' about this time and what I have done. I don't know about what happened before. I'm just sayin' why I did that as some people ask, that's all.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 11, 2008, 11:01:19 AM
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"
You are one exceptionally rude person! I did NOT only see swearing. Please stop telling me what I am and what I'm thinking.

Oh, so I'm rude now, making statements judging from wha t you yourself have written?
And if you do think anything else, won't you please share it with the forum instead of making accusations which can easily be contradicted?

le.pilote can swear while I can't? The rule says absolutely no swearing?

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 11, 2008, 11:07:03 AM
LONDON CONCERT IS NOT A RUMOR

http://xjapan.co.uk/index.php

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #93 on: July 11, 2008, 11:08:39 AM
1) You are off topic
2) It's just an ENGLISH japan for European fans. They just talk there about Paris show.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 11, 2008, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
LONDON CONCERT IS NOT A RUMOR

http://xjapan.co.uk/index.php

Where does it say that?

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #95 on: July 11, 2008, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: "Lucs"
1) You are off topic

This whole discussion (from the end of the first page on) is off topic. ;)

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:02 AM
Go to Firefox and check the code, keywords, and meta tags of the page. They read as follows:

<meta name="Keywords" content="X JAPAN, TOSHI, HIDE, PATA, HEATH, YOSHIKI, JROCK, VISUAL KEI, ROCK, METAL, UK, LONDON" />

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 11, 2008, 11:32:57 AM
Go to Firefox and check the code, keywords, and meta tags of the page. They read as follows:

<meta name="Keywords" content="X JAPAN, TOSHI, HIDE, PATA, HEATH, YOSHIKI, JROCK, VISUAL KEI, ROCK, METAL, UK, LONDON" />

How does this make the concert official? Because the site is hosted there?
Please. Wait until the words "will perform in" is added to the keywords.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 11, 2008, 11:38:39 AM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

How does this make the concert official? Because the site is hosted there?
Please. Wait until the words "will perform in" is added to the keywords.

X Japan French website opens + Yoshiki staff says at JE that X will perform in Europe = concert in France
Yoshiki staff says at JE that X will perform in Europe + X Japan UK website opens = no concert in UK

You have a brain. Use it.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: July 11, 2008, 11:41:19 AM
X Japan French website opens + Yoshiki staff says at JE that X will perform in Europe = concert in France
Yoshiki staff says at JE that X will perform in Europe + X Japan UK website opens = no concert in UK

You have a brain. Use it.

That doesn't make it any more official. I'd love to believe they come to London, but that doesn't make it any less of a rumor when the site only says there will be a concert in France and not London.
If there'll be one - maybe they haven't found a venue yet. Maybe they won't find a venue at all (*cough like in paris last time cough*), and therefore it's better for the management to keep it as a rumor until everything is decided.

However, this is terribly off-topic.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: July 11, 2008, 01:05:22 PM
And if you do think anything else, won't you please share it with the forum instead of making accusations which can easily be contradicted? le.pilote can swear while I can't? The rule says absolutely no swearing?

Dear Millie, you sound so angry, but perhaps that's just me misinterpreting your manner of speaking, so I will decide to assume that you only have the best intentions in mind. You absolutely made very many good points in your post today, however, if I may say so, these are points that, if I remember correctly (I'm starting to forget who said what), have already been made by various people in these discussions since the new rules. Still good points, though!

Ok, I wasn't going to comment further in this thread, but since you are saying "please", I will. I have shared quite a few of my thoughts in the past few weeks, a lot of them which have gone unanswered, and I'm not going to repost them here. Apart from quite a few protests I've made against what I perceive (n.b. my personal perception) as aggressive behaviour, I have made suggestions - n.b. in the spirit of increased understanding (which I have emphasised) - ranging from a suggestion of a thread on cultural understanding (which was shot down)  to suggestions on management skills (which went unanswered). I apologise if I'm not good at backtracking using the forum interface, or I could post the links here if  you are genuinely interested in my thoughts. Perhaps you are better at using the "find post" feature than what I am, so please go back and read them and feel free to comment on them, I'd be most grateful. Also, I think some of them are no longer viewable as one (or was it two?) threads that were moved. But then again, as you stated earlier today that you "no longer see the point" in our thoughts and that it's only us "making the atmosphere bad"... I interpret that as that you do NOT want people to continue this what you call "anti-movement" so I'm getting a bit confused. Are we to keep discussing this or are we not? And which members exactly are part of this supposed anti-movement? Is there a list available so one can check if one's on it or not?

Besides, I find the term "anti-movement" a bit harsh, and would prefer if we members did not get bundled into one lump and given such a negative label. It's from that viewpoint that I was shocked at your outburst. To me, it came across as that you were yelling and ranting, but again, that may just be your way of expressing yourself. If you insist that was not your intention, I'll take your word for it.  :)

Honestly, it's all becoming too confusing for me. The members find some of the staff's attitude aggressive and unbearable, and the staff find some of the members' attitude aggressive and unbearable. But in order to stop being so off-topic (as both Lucs, yourself and SarahAlex pointed out) I'll end my post on this note, that I am happy to discuss my previous thoughts and suggestions, i.e. if they are still of interest and if they are still useful. And please note that I am FOR increased understanding and peace and not AGAINST. I like this board, despite the bickering and arguing that's been going on. I can't promise that I won't protest again though, if people are being what I see as unfair.  :wink:

Now if I could only figure out whether I'm really supposed to keep posting my thoughts or not... well, not in this thread, anyway, this discussion should rightly move on into a discussion thread, if at all.

Kind regards.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: July 11, 2008, 01:24:53 PM
Thank you for a more comprehensible answer. I was angry because people were going on and on about the same things that apparently had already been discussed and so on. I hope I killed a little of this with my post. No personal offense was meant with any of my posts, it was just an outburst towards the whole thing, which I am TERRIBLY fed up with.

I believe the staff has read most points written down, both for and against whatever subjects users may come up with.
I do not think further discussion in this topic is necessary, unless a regular like Hollywood who apparently refuses private contact has gotten anything to add.

Matilda and others - you may feel as free as you want to go on with the "anti-movement" (forgive my poor wording) as long as it is not done in public. If you feel like noone listens to what you have to say - keep coming with your complaints in private to the staff if you feel like you have reason to. PM's will be read, replied to, and also discussed within the staff if the sender allows this. Have trust in us. Don't think we all sit on our lazy asses banning people and making rules because it's fun.

(Within the anti-movement I count everyone who refuses to let this topic go. If you feel included, then you are, if you don't, then you're probably not.)

But honestly, I think this entire topic deserves an end once and for all in the forums. I hope you all agree with me and that we can make the forums a more pleasant place without unnecessary drama for everyone to view.
The discussion can be brought up again IF NECESSARY. If someone has gotten banned and you want an explanation, ask the staff, but don't let it all go back to the PN incident - one person's misbehaviour does not justify another's.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #102 on: July 11, 2008, 05:36:50 PM
I do not think further discussion in this topic is necessary, unless a regular like Hollywood who apparently refuses private contact has gotten anything to add.

So now I "refuse private contact"?  That's bullshit.  Complete and utter bullshit.

In the past few months I've been PMed by about eight different staff members about various topics related at least peripherally to the PN situation and rules situation.  I have replied to each and every one of those staff members at least once (though I think I may have gotten slightly behind over the last couple days, have to check my inbox).

You, Millie, are one of those staff members whose PM I promptly replied to.  So let's cut the crap, please.

Thank you, however, for illustrating precisely why I am against this whole "no public dissent, you can only ask questions or address problems via PMing staff members" business.  As you have so clearly illustrated, when one's comment is not displayed publicly and there are no "witnesses", staff members are then able to claim that the comment never existed.  They can even then begin spreading completely untrue rumors about users being unresponsive to private contact.  And naturally, due to the rule about not posting the contents of PMs, the user's hands are completely tied when it comes to publicly proving his or her side of the story.

And don't even start with anything about how users should trust the staff more than that.  When staff members outright lie, as you have done, it should be no surprise why users who have been lied to demand transparency in their dealings with staff.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 11, 2008, 05:42:49 PM
I have no idea of exactly how much private contact you have had with staff members, but when you are asked to bring it to the PM's, you keep making new posts. I was solely judging from this.

I'm really sorry if you took offense from this statement, but I was in a heated mood at the time.

And really, my intention with taking it to the PM's is not HIDING anything from the public. It's mainly for keeping the forums clean and with good atmosphere. I for one am not for censoring and altering the truth to put someone in the light I prefer. If I catch anyone doing this, I will tell them off, and I won't do it myself when it comes to these forums.

If you allow the staff to discuss your PM's, more people will have seen it and it's less easy to alter it.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #104 on: July 11, 2008, 05:50:28 PM
And really, my intention with taking it to the PM's is not HIDING anything from the public. It's mainly for keeping the forums clean and with good atmosphere.

I don't get it. Isn't this PM system only a merciful lie then? To, as you wrote, "keep the forums clean and with good atmosphere"?

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 11, 2008, 05:53:04 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
I don't get it. Isn't this PM system only a merciful lie then? To, as you wrote, "keep the forums clean and with good atmosphere"?

It will make the conflict a bother for people who do not care anymore. How many are you, actively STILL speaking against this? 5?
I'm pretty sure the rest of the users are as sick of it as I have been because it's been going on for two months now.

You got a problem, tell it to me and I will do my very best to find a working solution, if you don't trust anyone else.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 11, 2008, 06:40:01 PM

It will make the conflict a bother for people who do not care anymore. How many are you, actively STILL speaking against this? 5?
I'm pretty sure the rest of the users are as sick of it as I have been because it's been going on for two months now.

You got a problem, tell it to me and I will do my very best to find a working solution, if you don't trust anyone else.

I'm sure if ANYONE is sick of ANYTHING it is of the moderation staff's seeming inability to stop digging themselves into a deeper and deeper hole by the day. Seriously, you guys. You could hit the earth's core by this point and make Toshi sad that nowhere is pollution-free.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 11, 2008, 06:47:25 PM
I'm sure if ANYONE is sick of ANYTHING it is of the moderation staff's seeming inability to stop digging themselves into a deeper and deeper hole by the day. Seriously, you guys. You could hit the earth's core by this point and make Toshi sad that nowhere is pollution-free.

We'll say "hi!" to you, when we reach low enough!

Mod color o' mine

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #108 on: July 11, 2008, 06:47:51 PM
You could hit the earth's core by this point and make Toshi sad that nowhere is pollution-free.
Are these two things supposed to be connected? Pollution and digging? As I'm sure a LOT of people would pay me LOADS (hint- I could host XFF until hell freezes over) for a way to dig that deep. And if you want somewhere pollution free, try my town. Or Norway. Or maybe the Alps. There are lots of places that are absolutely stunning for their cleanness and fresh air.

This is my administrator color.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 11, 2008, 06:48:42 PM

Yes, I'm sure they'd be sick of this two months ago. They were. Now they stopped caring.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #111 on: July 11, 2008, 06:53:17 PM
Yes, I'm sure they'd be sick of this two months ago. They were. Now they stopped caring.

Stop caring, this doesn't sound nice, what do you think? As if they just gave up "the fight" and we should celebrate their resignation now. :wink:

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 11, 2008, 06:55:12 PM

Stop caring, this doesn't sound nice, what do you think? As if they just gave up "the fight" and we should celebrate their resignation now. :wink:

Really. The staff hasn't been making trouble since then. Only the users have, recently. Let's get over this?
What is the staff doing wrong, RIGHT NOW, more than wanting a happy happy fun-filled fluffy forum of love?

EDIT:
http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43574#43574

It's ok if you're scared off by this, I never meant to be your friend anyways.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 11, 2008, 06:56:45 PM

Really. The staff hasn't been making trouble since then. Only the users have, recently. Let's get over this?
What is the staff doing wrong, RIGHT NOW, more than wanting a happy happy fun-filled fluffy forum of love?

How about trying to silence the users? How about trying to sweep abusive behavior under the rug? How about censoring discussion of the band? How about calling legitimate news posts rumors? I could go on forever.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #114 on: July 11, 2008, 06:59:40 PM
Has nothing to do with this whatsoever. It is a private matter between two people, which started even before Millie was made a mod. Please don't bring this into this discussion.

And SarahAlex, Millie IS right. If you remember the list Hollywood made once- Ferret, Millie and quite a few others were sided with you. Now most of the people there have stopped this endless fight. Either because they are sick and tired of this, they see that they have nothing to say, they don't want to say anything or whatever. But I'm pretty sure that the first option dominates.

EDIT:
How about trying to silence the users? How about trying to sweep abusive behavior under the rug? How about censoring discussion of the band? How about calling legitimate news posts rumors? I could go on forever.
Go on with empty words? We are not trying to silence you, we are trying to stop you from making repetitive and empty posts (the only one that sometimes says anything new is Hollywood, imo, and all that discussion could have been done via PMs, much more successfully). We aren't trying to sweep anything under the rug. Have you seen anyone being abusive lately (except for darkcat, we know of him). We haven't censored ANY discussion of the band. Legitimate news posts aren't legitimate until they are officially confirmed, and until that they are rumors.

And I hope this won't go on forever.

This is my administrator color.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 11, 2008, 07:01:09 PM
How about trying to silence the users?

Moving the discussion to a more suitable place.

How about trying to sweep abusive behavior under the rug?

Will be dealt with if happens again.

How about censoring discussion of the band?

Will not happen. Label changes might be necessary.

How about calling legitimate news posts rumors?

News from media are not regarded as official news unless it's been announced by the management. I'm sorry. But you can still discuss it as much as you want.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 11, 2008, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Has nothing to do with this whatsoever. It is a private matter between two people, which started even before Millie was made an admin. Please don't bring this into this discussion.

And SarahAlex, Millie IS right. If you remember the list Hollywood made once- Ferret, Millie and quite a few others were sided with you. Now most of the people there have stopped this endless fight. Either because they are sick and tired of this, they see that they have nothing to say, they don't want to say anything or whatever. But I'm pretty sure that the first option dominates.

It actually DOES have to do with the discussion since it documents a pattern of behavior that should make anyone think twice about whether a friendly offer to settle things via PM is a good idea. . .

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 11, 2008, 07:03:03 PM
How about trying to silence the users?

Moving the discussion to a more suitable place.

How about trying to sweep abusive behavior under the rug?

Will be dealt with if happens again.

How about censoring discussion of the band?

Will not happen. Label changes might be necessary.

How about calling legitimate news posts rumors?

News from media are not regarded as official news unless it's been announced my the management. I'm sorry. But you can still discuss it as much as you want.

I see you're quite talented at Newspeak. May I recommend you leave your job for one with the US presidential administration? It has better pay than moderating a forum you allegedly no longer care about, anyway. . .

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 11, 2008, 07:05:29 PM
I see you're quite talented at Newspeak. May I recommend you leave your job for one with the US presidential administration? It has better pay than moderating a forum you allegedly no longer care about, anyway. . .

If I didn't care about the forum, I would not be here. I have better things to do than bothering with things I don't care about.
However, I'll take your suggestion into consideration, I need some money for Paris.

It actually DOES have to do with the discussion since it documents a pattern of behavior that should make anyone think twice about whether a friendly offer to settle things via PM is a good idea. . .

I separate my personal feelings from my duties as a moderator.

EDIT: HYPNO, GET OUT OF MY POSTS xDD

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #119 on: July 11, 2008, 07:30:17 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"

You know, there's a very simple, fair, and unbiased way to solve once and for all the question of how many people like or dislike the new rules and the way they are being implemented.

We could conduct a poll.  This is something several mods and normal users have explicitly asked for.

But, judging by your lack of response to my latest questions about the poll on the other thread, though, I'm guessing you don't want that.  You actually seem somewhat afraid of the notion of a poll being conducted.  Why is that?  Are you afraid of the possibility that the poll would turn up too many displeased users and you'd no longer be able to claim that everyone likes the new rules or nobody cares anymore?

Yeah, a lot of people are tired.  Some people, on both sides, simply have more stamina than others when it comes to standing up for their side of things.  A poll would eliminate this problem and give EVERYONE a voice.

You care what your users think, right?

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]