• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

MiscastDice got banned...

SarahAlex · 29744

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 05:36:06 AM
I agree there's nothing specifically wrong with it, it's just highly unusual and-- eh, how do I explain this-- between the number of staff and the number of rules, on such a small forum, it makes it seem like the staff is overestimating the size and scope of the forum.  Small, (formerly?) casual forum with Big Massive High-Traffic Forum rules, rigidity and staff numbers.

And I agree with Matilda, the atmosphere is not what it was.  Plus, also much like Matilda said, I'll never understand why a forum about a brash, pioneering, "fuck the rules" rock band has such anal rules and such a high staff presence.  The forum's approach and "personality" have become the polar opposite of the music that this place is supposed to be about.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:33 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
And I agree with Matilda, the atmosphere is not what it was.  Plus, also much like Matilda said, I'll never understand why a forum about a brash, pioneering, "fuck the rules" rock band has such anal rules and such a high staff presence.  The forum's approach and "personality" have become the polar opposite of the music that this place is supposed to be about.

Whatever, it was clear from the beginning (with beginning I mean when an actual staff had been gathered; as some know we used to have only one admin and 0 mods once) that there will be more and stricter rules once we get more members here (and, excuse me for saying this, but some are just fucking rude and don't know how to behave in a forum - yes, this is not 4chan or wherever these troll like creatures are used to - and NEED to be told not to talk shit all the time).

And I don't think that you really want this forum to be run by only 3 poeple because those would most likely be Sander, PN and me and you wouldn't like THAT to happen now would you?  :P

AND, I've always been wondering myself why in some forums the staff hardly ever posts because they are obviously fans themselves.

RIP

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 11:05:02 AM
TBH I just want Miscast back  :x

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"
TBH I just want Miscast back  :x

He'll be back in a few days, though he'll be leaving again soon if he doesn't clean up his behaviour.

Mod color o' mine

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 01:03:04 PM
XD I'd like to mention that the staff isn't only posting in mod/admin matters, but rather as normal users, too. At least I can say so about me. I definitely don't stalk the Taiji-/D.T.R-section, if there's anybody breaking the rules.

I have to agree though, that atmosphere here changed a lot... and that it doesn't really match to a band like X.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 01:09:25 PM
But you just can't let members do whatever you want...

Some people on my GNR forum also says stuffs like that "We are GNR fans, rock n'roll, fuck everybody ! I'm gonna piss on everyone of you :P".

I really like GNR music (as much as X-Japan's), but I'm not a rebel, always under drugs, drinking alcohol all the time.

Fans don't have to act like their "idols". Some do, some don't. Here the administrators don't (well I think :D), it's why they chose to make some rules.

I'm sure that a forum with no rules where people can just say whatever they want, insulting each others and all would never work... but well, I've never tried it.

Btw, all this discussion is really off-topic. I think we replied to the questions about MiscastDice being banned. I really think we should just wait till Hypno's back and we'll start talking about the other stuffs again.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 02:41:22 AM
Quote from: "Lucs"
But you just can't let members do whatever you want...

???
I thought the rules were put in place because of an allegedly abusive admin? This seems to have been twisted around 180degrees.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 10:36:38 AM
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"

???
I thought the rules were put in place because of an allegedly abusive admin? This seems to have been twisted around 180degrees.

I don't know exactly why the rules were put here in the first place, but apparently it was needed since i.e. MiscastDice started acting like (something I won't write out in case of breaking the rules myself).
Are you saying all that he's done recently was ok?

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 01:31:32 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

???

I don't know exactly why the rules were put here in the first place, but apparently it was needed since i.e. MiscastDice started acting like (something I won't write out in case of breaking the rules myself).

Oh, I'm sorry, it may seem as taken out of context then, I can understand that. Well, you may not have followed the past few weeks' worth of discussions in the suggestions threads (of which one was moved, perhaps as a mod you have access to it). My comment to Lucs is referring to the shift in focus.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 01:56:56 PM

Oh, I'm sorry, it may seem as taken out of context then, I can understand that. Well, you may not have followed the past few weeks' worth of discussions in the suggestions threads (of which one was moved, perhaps as a mod you have access to it). My comment to Lucs is referring to the shift in focus.

I have been following your discussion.
I even took part of it in the beginning.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 06:00:07 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

???

The rules were not put in place because of MiscastDice; unless I'm wildly mistaken MiscastDice did not even begin to act up in a ban-worthy way until AFTER the PN stuff and AFTER it was announced that new rules would be created-- rules which were supposedly, at the time, designed to address the PN situation.  (It has since become apparent that this was never the true intention of the new rules, and it's kind of entertaining how many different explanations for the new rules various staff members keep putting forward.  "The rules were needed because of MiscastDice" is a new one to me and in fact pretty original.)

No one is saying MiscastDice's recent behavior is OK-- I'm certainly not, and I don't see where Matilda was either.  But let's all please keep the sequence of events in perspective:
1. PN is adminned.
2. PN allegedly abuses her admin powers.
3. People get pissed.
4. New rules are created.
5. People get pissed.
6. MiscastDice's pissedness leads to his inappropriate behavior.
7. MiscastDice is banned.

MiscastDice's behavior was inappropriate under the old rules as well; no new rules were "needed" to justify his ban.  It's not like he was banned for posting Yoshiki Mobile messages or quoting posts incorrectly or tying granny knots instead of square knots or whatever else you can now be banned for under the new rules.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 06:12:44 PM
One item mentioned on the list reappears.
Let's put a question:

:shock: "An algorithm or coincidence?"  :shock: :D

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 06:47:36 PM
"The rules were needed because of MiscastDice" is a new one to me and in fact pretty original.

I did not say that. I said APPARENTLY it was needed in an ironic way.
Please stop twisting everything I say just because I'm on the staff now.

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 08:51:59 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
:shock: "An algorithm or coincidence?"  :shock: :D

algorithm!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:23 PM
Quote from: "KRazyJess"
More public discussion will only ruin the atmosphere more, don't you think?

My problem has never, ever been with public discussion.  When I mentioned the ruined atmosphere, I meant how the atmosphere has been ruined by an overabundance of restrictions and a continual effort on the part of the staff (most, but not all of them) to shut up anyone who doesn't like it.  Like you did just now, for example.

And yeah, this is getting somewhat offtopic, but the on-topic threads about the subject always get closed anyway.  So either the thread gets closed (and I'm sure this is imminent :roll:) for being off-topic or the thread gets closed for being on-topic, but either way, inevitably it will always still get closed.

Back on topic, at any rate:
@Millie, if I misinterpreted your statement, then I apologize for that.  When you said "but apparently it was needed since i.e. MiscastDice started acting like (something I won't write out in case of breaking the rules myself)", I thought that's what you meant.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 10:20:03 PM

@Millie, if I misinterpreted your statement, then I apologize for that.  When you said "but apparently it was needed since i.e. MiscastDice started acting like (something I won't write out in case of breaking the rules myself)", I thought that's what you meant.

Maybe I should've added an "afterwards" after my statement then. Oh well, what's done is done.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 12:43:32 AM
Quote from: "ferret"
And I don't think that you really want this forum to be run by only 3 poeple because those would most likely be Sander, PN and me and you wouldn't like THAT to happen now would you?  :P

I'm scratching my head here, trying to understand this statement. Or is it a joke, a threat or just a question? Would I be able to ask for a clarification on the reasons, in your mind, we users would not want the admins to run the forum, please?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 07:28:16 AM
It's a half-joke and a hypotetical question (hence the smiley). This was more directed @ Hollywood since he said in one thread that the three of us are trating the users like shit here and I don't think HE wants us three to be the only staff members here,  this was directed at him only. However, in my very personal opinion, I'd rather have more mods, them being active and the admins should only interfere when there's no way a mod (or more mods) could solve the problem. Admins could edit the shite out of every post, if they wanted to. IMO it's more dangerous to have so few staff members because the "god complex" gets worse and who can tell you to stop if there's noone there? You can't have a "democracy" atm, so I'd imagine you prefer something like a "republic" instead of a "three headed monarchy/absolutism".

RIP

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 11:31:09 AM
Thanks. Yeah, it's the old divide and conquer. Whatever works works, I guess.

:roll:

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 05:55:49 PM
This was more directed @ Hollywood since he said in one thread that the three of us are trating the users like shit here and I don't think HE wants us three to be the only staff members here,  this was directed at him only.

It wouldn't make much difference really.  You're the only three active admins, and from what I gather (re: some mods' comments on the other thread in this subforum), mods seem to get ignored if they don't agree with what you three want to do anyway.  So from the looks of things, you're already the only three who have any real say in what goes on.

IMO it's more dangerous to have so few staff members because the "god complex" gets worse and who can tell you to stop if there's noone there? You can't have a "democracy" atm, so I'd imagine you prefer something like a "republic" instead of a "three headed monarchy/absolutism".

In my opinion, all far too much politicking for a small forum with under 400 people.  And again, from what I gather it doesn't seem that mods yelling "stop!" would carry any real weight anyway.  I'd rather see honest absolutism than a supposed republic/democracy/whatever that is effectively absolutist anyway.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 08:09:08 PM
darkcat is now banned as well.

banning here, banning there, seems like the admins here try to demonstrate their powers wherever they can by banning everything and everyone they can lay their hands on.

keep in mind, this is a small fan board, rules should only help to keep up the good atmosphere, but now these fucking rules are ruining everything.
stop playing the fucking professional ones!

oh i guess, for this post i will be banned, too.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 08:12:40 PM
In my opinion, all far too much politicking for a small forum with under 400 people.

thats what i mean

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 08:17:19 PM
Well, while we are at it, how did darkcat breach the rule n.1?
Mind you, I was not keeping my eyes on the board nonstop for the whole day, but I have not noticed anything so outrageous. So, just for my information, could you elaborate?

Pony rocks!

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 08:21:12 PM
dont know either

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 08:33:22 PM
It wouldn't make much difference really.  You're the only three active admins, and from what I gather (re: some mods' comments on the other thread in this subforum), mods seem to get ignored if they don't agree with what you three want to do anyway.  So from the looks of things, you're already the only three who have any real say in what goes on.

If this were true we wouldn't have to discuss every little detail for days/weeks/eternity like we do now.

If only someone gave me 1 € every time some user makes this edgy comment, I'd have, well, about 20 I guess.

And FYI, darkcat21 provoked a ban, he wanted to get banned, and that isn't a metaphor or anything, really, he doen't want to be member of this forum anymore. All I can say is that he insulted several users and that way broke rule numero uno.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 08:36:24 PM
And FYI, darkcat21 provoked a ban, he wanted to get banned, and that isn't a metaphor or anything, really, he doen't want to be member of this forum anymore. All I can say is that he insulted several users and that way broke rule numero uno.

Yes, I figured as much, as rule n.1 was mentioned. But I have not seen any of it, so that is why am I asking. I am not implying that he has been banned unjustly, I am simply asking for concrete examples of his breaching of the rule n. 1. If you for some reason cannot say it here - though I can't see any such reason - then can you at least PM me?  :?

EDIT: Thank you, ferret.

Pony rocks!

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 08:51:21 PM
Quote from: "le.pilote"
darkcat is now banned as well.

banning here, banning there, seems like the admins here try to demonstrate their powers wherever they can by banning everything and everyone they can lay their hands on.

keep in mind, this is a small fan board, rules should only help to keep up the good atmosphere, but now these fucking rules are ruining everything.
stop playing the fucking professional ones!

Darkcat wasn't about demonstrating power, if someone actually asks for a ban, I'm sure the admins will do their best to help that someone :P

Mod color o' mine

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 10:07:48 PM
Yes, don't misunderstand us, he actually asked for a ban.

This is my administrator color.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 11:15:13 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Yes, don't misunderstand us, he actually asked for a ban.

ok sorry, my bad, but i'd rather call it 'leaving the board', not being banned.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 11:17:09 PM
Quote from: "le.pilote"

ok sorry, my bad, but i'd rather call it 'leaving the board', not being banned.

...Really. He asked for a ban. He didn't ask to leave the board. He could've done that himself.