• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Non-fans reaction to X?

Valentine · 14325

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: February 03, 2007, 06:30:41 PM
relax xd its just their opinion and we cant make them listen to jmusic unless they really want to..if you show someone some pictures of jrockers etc,so that you make them like them,well,thats silly...people have preferences.i like Nirvana for example.and i've been listening to them for a long time.longer than jrock.but i like jmusic much much more.because its different.and because where i live,its not popular,so its special.anyway,my point is :dont judge them.they are silly because they don't try to listen to that music,but thats the way they feel.they feel that all jrockers are gays just because of the way they are dressing :P
but would anyone call Kurt Cobain gay?he used to wear make up as well.and he used to have his nails black.but that does not make him a gay.ok,thats spamming,sorry   :oops:

PanthereNoire

Reply #61 on: February 04, 2007, 03:17:53 AM
Actually even if they WERE gay, what would be the big deal? What they do in their private life is their own business after all - even if these days some bloody tabloids seem to think otherwise - and to me it makes much more sense to like or dislike someone for their music and performance than because of their sexual orientation.

And what drives me positively nuts is when on some stupid message boards - not here - silly fangirls speculate for hours about that stuff, or who is dating who. It's not as if any of the J Rockers preferences and dating habits would be of any personal concern for the posters on such boards.  :evil:

PanthereNoire

Reply #62 on: February 04, 2007, 03:37:25 AM
Quote from: "Hiyoshita"

anyway that was totally offtopic.i just want to say that people totally ignore their existence and that pisses me off.i am the only kid in my school who knows them.the other girls are often interested to Britney Spears and Justin Timperlake... -.-'

I think lots of people don't care for X Japan because to understand them you actually have to pay some attention to their music . . . and with MTV "easy listening" poisoned brains, I guess that's too large a demand to make on many. :P

PanthereNoire

Reply #63 on: February 04, 2007, 05:39:45 AM
I surprised myself with Rusty Nail, too. :P

But what I really find most amazing about them - this is OT, I just realized but never mind - is the variety of the music. There are few bands and composers who ever dared to do heavy metal AND ballads together.

Oh, that reminds me of a reaction I had long ago from a friend of mine - European visiting Japan - who, when she first heard Kurenai said, "who is that?" and I said "X Japan."

The next song after that was Say Anything, and again, she said, "Who is that?"

My answer: "X Japan."

She, "no, this song, not the one before."

Me, "yes, this song. They are BOTH by X Japan."

She gave me a "you're bs-ing me" look, so I took her to the nearest record store (that was in Shibuya then) and showed her. With that, probably one of the earliest European fans (that is, European living in Europe hehehe) was created.

Also created a monster that I then had to remotely feed from Japan to Europe for the next few years, but I love her anyway. :twisted:

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 02:54:36 AM
Quote from: "crazy bitch"

but would anyone call Kurt Cobain gay?he used to wear make up as well.and he used to have his nails black.but that does not make him a gay.ok,thats spamming,sorry   :oops:

Actually I think Kurt openly admit he "would be gay" if it's not for Courtney Love. He never considered himself straight, thought he was a bi at norm.. Well then you know the rest, Courtney Love is being a bitch and I think although not proven, played a big part of Kurt's death.

Anyway back to topic...
think so far I got
2 white guys at work listening to X religiously,
1 Chinese Canadian listening to their ballad stuff and some heavy stuff
and all my ex gfs and their siblings to listen to X hahaa

I don't go aggressively trying to convert ppl over, but all my friends know how much X means to me.

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 05:18:08 AM
Oh, I see. It is kind of "Listen to X or I don't date you" situation, isn't it? No wonder nobody chooses the latter alternative. . . (good luck with hooking people.) :wink:

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 01:27:46 PM
Quote from: "Lights"
Oh, I see. It is kind of "Listen to X or I don't date you" situation, isn't it? No wonder nobody chooses the latter alternative. . . (good luck with hooking people.) :wink:

hahah gotta appreciate the effort right or to them, it was more like a brainwash lol.

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: February 07, 2007, 04:22:25 PM
Manipulating people is baad.

However, when X is concerned.... HMMMH, I might be able to re-think that twice :twisted:  :lol:

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 04:50:58 PM
haha exactly.

I'm just giving them options right

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: February 07, 2007, 04:57:39 PM
Oh, and they have also one advantage in that- having options that are not too difficult to think about ("Love X or leave" are both starting with L letter and one may not get Lost while pondering it) :P

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 07, 2007, 05:59:37 PM
for sure! Double L rules

X is usually too tempting for ppl to leave. They'd rather love X

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 07, 2007, 06:25:56 PM
I understand, in the end, "leave" is just an empty word and not a real possibility, naw? .)

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 07, 2007, 07:32:51 PM
haa.. not much of a possiblity if they sit in my car. they're bound to listen to X "every once in a while"  :lol:

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 07, 2007, 07:55:40 PM
Personally, I would stand a bit of otherwordly music as long as I get my transportation just right :P

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 07, 2007, 10:19:39 PM
haha I listen to other music as well, don't get me wrong.

Just that 95% of the time, it's either metal or hard rock haaa

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 07, 2007, 10:37:12 PM
My brother once won a beer for free because of X!  :twisted:
He was in a students disco or something like that. And there was kind of a quiz: "The first person who can tell me which band played this song gets a beer for free". So they played X, and my brother finally thought that it sounds like the stuff I'm (may be in his opinion too often :P) listening to... So, his answer was "X Japan"? And he actually got the beer....  :roll:
Hmmm... somehow I wish I was there...

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 08, 2007, 02:56:59 AM
hahaha free booze?? perfect!

see maybe we're opinionated but it's for a good cause  :wink:

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #77 on: February 08, 2007, 07:28:30 AM
What really surprises me that they played X on a disco :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: February 08, 2007, 09:50:01 AM
I don't really know if it was a disco... because waht he just told me was, that he was out for party and having a drink... ;)
It was fun when he told me this.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

PanthereNoire

Reply #79 on: February 08, 2007, 10:10:05 AM
The other way around, the friend I mentioned earlier once won something like that (in Europe) because she provided a song - naturally also an X Japan one - for which no one could identify the band who played it.

Well, that's a bit back by now, these days someone would probably know them . . .

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: February 08, 2007, 04:20:38 PM
It's always nice to know more ppl are recognizing their songs.

Offline Fushi

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/vulgarromantic
Reply #81 on: March 04, 2007, 02:50:41 AM
most people here either don't know or don't care.
But my mom on the other hand thinks they are cute. She thinks Pata is pretty and called Toshi a puff dog. she likes thier songs becuse there is no screaming in them. Instead of being freaked out by the fact they they had looked like women she finds it cool. I think the most funny thing was when she called Toshi sushi and then was like well they sound the same.

sorry for bringing a kind of dead topic back I just had to share how cool my mother is.

img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/obscureshade/ththhidedancing.gif[/img]

come with me into the light

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: March 04, 2007, 03:10:47 AM
That's nice. My dad likes some of their ballad songs.

Not so much on the heavy stuff haa..

how did you learn about X?

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #83 on: May 06, 2007, 01:22:59 PM
My father, wife and I went to Germany yesterday and we tried to have him listen to Eternal Melody album (he likes Beatles, so the fact that George Martin was involved seemed encouraging). But he still kept flinching when the orchestra got too loud...
He thinks Yoshiki is pretty, though...  :D

Pony rocks!

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #84 on: June 29, 2008, 12:02:50 AM
Old thread but had something last night/today

I was playing Aoi Yoru last night and well my sister and her husband thought it was funny to make fun of everything. First off they kept asking if Yoshiki was a girl and making fun of their clothes. Then my sister had to make fun of Japanese music itself. So it's in a different language. So what? I was not amused at all. Then today we were talking about tattoos and I was talking about getting something entirely different from X but my sister goes oh what a Japan X tattoo..I'm like first off it's X Japan and secondly what if I did, why would it matter. I don't make fun of their music. Although I really feel like it especially when it says stuff like "dripping juice boxes".

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: June 29, 2008, 06:24:10 PM
"OMG FAGGOTS"
"Turn it off, NOW."
"O____o"
"IS THAT THEIR REAL HAIR?? O___o"
"What did you say? HE? Don't you mean "she"???"

XD