• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Visual Shock DVD Box Set

mC · 7257

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: June 27, 2008, 04:45:48 AM
Was just surfing through Amazon JP and found that they have pictures of the upcoming box set. Makes me glad I'm getting it!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0018Q7HZ6/ref=s9k2a_c5_img2-rfc_p?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1AX7EY35ZK8K7TFDW3BJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=76435206&pf_rd_i=489986

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:03:15 AM
I'm not getting it, but that's a nice-looking box.  I like how it says X rather than X Japan, as it should.  (No surprise though, the X CD and DVD re-releases also just say X.)

Do you know what's going to be on the bonus DVD?  I'm still curious about that...

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:22:28 AM
Wow yea that is a nice looking box..Not sure if I'm getting it or not.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:02:19 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
I'm not getting it, but that's a nice-looking box.  I like how it says X rather than X Japan, as it should.  (No surprise though, the X CD and DVD re-releases also just say X.)

Do you know what's going to be on the bonus DVD?  I'm still curious about that...

Also includes bonus ninth disc with the first ever release of footage from the "X Film Gig - Chi to Bara ni Mamirete" event originally shown at the December 1990 Bay NK Hall "Film Gig" event.

From CD Japan.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:15:57 PM
I really want this but I spent all my money in the Japan expo.....:-(
Does anyone know if it's still gonna be up for sale till July 31st that I get paid?....T_T;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 04:38:44 PM
That looks pretty good. But that price... aayyyyyy.....

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:00:14 PM
Yeah, the price!  :o

I'll live on macaroni cheese for a month to be able to buy it. But I MUST.  :)

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:59:37 PM
Macaroni Cheese rocks *g*

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:03 AM
WAH!!! This is the nicest X box set out! So...shiny!

EDIT: Come to think of it, they could have just included the Vanishing Vision, Blue Blood and Jealousy albums and called this set "X Complete"... ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:43:28 AM by mC »

Offline leading_note

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/leading_note
Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 04:03:11 PM
my friend got the DVD. she posted some pictures in this link. http://x-japanclub.com/board/redirect.php?tid=573&goto=lastpost#lastpost

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 05:55:29 PM
Looks very nice 8)

EDIT: Come to think of it, they could have just included the Vanishing Vision, Blue Blood and Jealousy albums and called this set "X Complete"... ;D

I wonder why they didn't, the other one is called Complete II, so there should be a I somewhere ???

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 05:59:02 PM
They look great. Hopefully mine will reach me tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:38:22 AM by xScQ »

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 07:10:09 PM
Ohhhh, I wish I could have the money to buy it... it's a really beautiful box !

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 09:06:07 AM
Damned that Box looks just WOW!!! Can't wait to have it :P

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 08:56:47 PM
Mine will order when Earth Spirit has been released, to save shipping fees from cdjapan :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:14:36 PM
I wish it had Visual Shock 1 in it too as it's the only one I didn't have.....:-/
Hmm..wait, no..I didn't have the 2.5 and 3.5 etc thingies either but those have things already included in other DVDs.
And I guess i didn't have the Blue Blood live in original DVD but still..T_T

It looks like I'm somehow doomed to never watch Visual Shock 1 and 5..... ::)

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 08:44:07 PM
I might be wrong, but aint VS1 the Bakuhatsu Shunzen Gig.
VS5 was not released via Sony, at least thats what I think. It's called Dahlia the video and is included in the Complete II Box.
Oh and there was a reedition too, some years ago, but I think that one is out of print too.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 09:25:55 PM
VS5 was not released via Sony, at least thats what I think. It's called Dahlia the video and is included in the Complete II Box.
Oh and there was a reedition too, some years ago, but I think that one is out of print too.

ROFL.
Maybe.
That would actually explain why I never found Visual Shock 1?....XD
I dunno, I always thought it was a different dvd/vhs whatever....but I just checked JaME and no such thing exists.
Maybe I was hallucinating or dreamt of it.
It wouldn't be the first time it happened!

As for Visual Shock 5....yes, I know all those things you said. however, it's out of print in most sites I've looked and from which I can order and I can't even find a goddamn rip either.
(Well, I did find one back when I was in dial-up. Awful times. I don't even want to remember.)
As for the Complete II box.....I thought it was too expensive to buy as i wasn't working back then...plus, I sorta had most of the things already. It wouldn't have stopped me now but it did then as my pocket money was only 20 euro per week. ._.
I've found the VS5 DVD on ebay though I'm not sure if it's the original or a bootleg.
In the end, I'll just have to buy it even if it's a bootleg or else I don't think I'll ever watch it. o_O;

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:42 PM
Yes, you're right.

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 08:48:01 PM
No that leading_note posted those pictures I really want it.. blah..

running out of money again..

Offline dice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 03:45:25 AM
I am thinking of getting either this or X Japan Complete II. This box set looks very beautiful though. Any suggestions  on which to get if I can get only get one?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 04:52:40 AM
Get Complete II. I have all the X Japan box sets and Complete II is my favorite. Not only does it contain the Dahlia album but it also has Art of Life and The Last Live, both audio and video. Then there is Dahlia Tour Final....and it has Visual Shock 5.....GET IT :D

Offline dice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 05:22:05 AM
Does the complete II contain their early days for example rose and blood tour or any footage withof them with taiji as bassist? I want to get a collection which show their early days more. I am okie with heath playing but for my own personal preference, I prefer the era when taiji is bassist for X Japan.No offence to Heath fans^_^. I am not trying to compare the 2 bassists. We are all X Japan fans^_^.MC, since you have all the X Japan box sets , mind telling me which is the best for me? Thanks.

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 01:49:18 AM
Does the complete II contain their early days for example rose and blood tour or any footage withof them with taiji as bassist? I want to get a collection which show their early days more. I am okie with heath playing but for my own personal preference, I prefer the era when taiji is bassist for X Japan.No offence to Heath fans^_^. I am not trying to compare the 2 bassists. We are all X Japan fans^_^.MC, since you have all the X Japan box sets , mind telling me which is the best for me? Thanks.

If you want to see Taiji, i'd go with the Visual Shock boxset. It's the only currently released set that has "proper" footage of Taiji on bass. However for what the Visual Shock DVD's actually are...they are grossly overpriced. It really should be a similar price to the X Japan Returns DVD Boxset. What I would recommend that if you 'aren't' too fussed on appearences, then just purchase the VS DVD's separately. The only ones really worth their value is Vol.1 and Vol.4. The others are pathetic excuses for the price.

Offline dice

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 06:41:23 AM
thanks for the update. By the way, I have already ordered the visual shock dvd set and now it is at my friend's place. I will get it from him tomorrow with the poster and the hide bible. can't wait to get it. =P