• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

New rules

Sander · 49953

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: June 28, 2008, 05:40:32 AM
But here's PanthereNoire, in her own words.

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19&start=25

Because, you see, unilke the legend that is in place now, hide wasn't Yoshiki's best friend. I know even Yoshiki now says he was,

And it seems that for whatever reasons, sometime in 94 or 95 hide - probably getting more depressed or anxious - started demanding more and more of Yoshiki's time. Which he would have given, because he really sometimes seems to feel he has to help everybody around. But since there is only so much time in a day, more and more time for hide meant less and less time for Toshi, and where hide could not not "shut up" once in a while, quiet Toshi could not not stay quiet. Maybe if hide had stepped back once in a while and Toshi thrown a snit fit at Yoshiki once in a while, demanding more attention, things might have worked out. But because all three were as they were, things got out of balance and Toshi finally left (I can go into more detail here, too, if necessary).

And after Toshi left, THAT was when Yoshiki beat it to LA. NOT after hide died; he actually was IN LA when hide died and had to fly back for the funeral.

And I guess after Yoshiki had gone to hole up in LA - without asking hide to come along - hide realized that he had not only destroyed the band he loved but also hurt one of the few people he really cared about (Yoshiki - I'm not so sure about Toshi; I think he was, mostly, jealous of Toshi) and that furthermore, even though Toshi was out of the picture now, he would never have Toshi's place with Yoshiki.

He actually might have overcome that - and, I hope, tried to do something positive about it, he was not, after all, a shakespearan villain - but then he got into heavy drinking again and I find it easy to understand that in a really deeply depressive moment, he mght have gotten into a "fuck it all" and in particular "fuck you, yoshiki; I'll get to you, still" (Yoshiki's father committed suicide after all, and anyone who's gone through that would be doubly hurt by one of a friend) mood and did what he did.

Never mind that this has been DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED by official sources INCLUDING Yoshiki himself.

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=786#786

In an aside, I also believe that both are - consciously or subconsciously - talking to each other in their music (see Toshi's "Kimi ha inai ka" and Yoshiki's "Sex & Religion") but can't find a way to do so in person.

I think this is so insane it's beyond batshit. She's claiming to hear subconscious messages between Yoshiki and Toshi? And somehow I'M the insane shipper here?

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3063#3063

there are actually TWO "Last Lives"

AND FOR MORE:

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2363 (in which she threatens to report Hollywood)
http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252 (2 Last Lives???)
http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19&start=25 (BULLSHIT)
http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153 (abuse of admin powers)
[size=100]BULLSHIT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Offline zyymurgy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: June 28, 2008, 05:58:25 AM
Quote from: "Hypno"
have I ever banned anyone who just says what he thinks?)

YES.

Darkcat21 for saying "jrr2".

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: June 28, 2008, 06:00:56 AM
Quote from: "zyymurgy"

YES.

Also, the things in the post I made above pretty much reveal PN's claims of being in the inner circle because she works for JRR to be absolute and utter bullshit.

Offline zyymurgy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: June 28, 2008, 06:15:12 AM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
zyymurgy you couldn't have left along time ago; you only joined in may...

Well, comparatively long.

See, when I first joined, the dramastorm was just starting up.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: June 28, 2008, 07:19:59 AM
Actually YOU fail, MiscastDice, at reading that is

And please, this thread is about the new rules, not about PN's or my behavior. Also, please keep at least this thread free from off topic.

And omigod, Hypno said people will get banned for saying unconstructive nonsense in that one thread and dark did and got banned? For.a.whole.week. Outrageous.

I think this is so insane it's beyond batshit. She's claiming to hear subconscious messages between Yoshiki and Toshi?

Again, you fail at reading, she wrote "I BELIEVE", that is her personal opinion and clearly stated as one. What looks batshit crazy to me is you digging up her comments and trying to prove they're wrong. It's just her opinion, get over it.

Everybody get back to topic, please. You all know what happened to the previous "PN complaining" threads.

RIP

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #215 on: June 28, 2008, 11:26:40 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
It's honestly amusing, all the powertripping and adminsturbation that goes on here, when the grand territory that's being so proudly, powerfully ruled over is... 346 people.  Yeah.  Realistically, for a forum of this size you only need about 3 staff members, provided they're all active and at least somewhat dedicated, and a small handful of basic rules (which, again, were perfectly adequate on this forum up until the point where PN was adminned and Hypno apparently felt the need to retroactively justify her random censorship of posts she disagreed with).
You ask why I want more staff members? Because I'm not always around and so aren't the other staff members and I also don't wan't the staff required to spend too much time moderating here, so I'm getting more staff so it would be easier for everyone.

First of all, as I mentioned a few pages ago, Yoshiki's copyrighted music is only allowed in the sharing subforum. There is no subforum for Yoshiki Mobile messages or anything like that, so naturally they can't be posted. Simple as that. In the future, it might be possible, that the YM messages will be allowed there, somewhere. But right now I'm buisy preparing for Paris, getting new moderators and answering in this thread.

That doesn't address my question.  I'm not asking what you allow and what you don't.  I'm asking WHY you chose to make things llike that, and how it benefits the forum.
As I thought I explained above, it's a simple matter there not being a subforum that could be used for YM. The issue has been under discussion by the moderators, but I didn't want to do any moves before we get new moderators.

One reason for the new rules (as the old rules were a mess and created around the days the forum started) was to give everyone a clean sheet to start over, yes.

Given that PN was the only one whose slate was "unclean" when the new rules were enacted, how does enacting new rules just to give PN a clean slate benefit the forum?
Are you sure PN was the only one who has edited/removed posts that weren't breaching any particular rules? I'm quite sure I have done so. But no one has ever complained. Where is the catch here?

I hereby give a one-time permission to myself to be excluded from rule #1. This, I think is the stupidest theory I have read by you this far. If you don't make a new thread for your theories, marking them purely theories and your opinion (and be ready for a flood of laughter and/or flame) and stating exactly WHY you think so, I'm forbidding you to mention any of them, because some people DO find them offensive.

Censorship because someone might find his theories offensive?  Is this "Without You is for Toshi" all over again?

As completely sick as I personally am of MiscastDice derailing every thread into an "I think Yoshiki/hide is real!" discussion, Hypno, I still think your reply absolutely sucks.  As per your own rules, you DON'T get to exclude yourself from any of the rules.  If you want to warn or eventually ban him for his namecalling and personal attacks against PN and (lately) Camicat, that's fine, no problem there.  But you don't get to break your own beloved rules (on a thread about the new rules no less!) and disrespect your users if you expect the people on this forum to take either you or your rules seriously ever again.
Actually, I can. And thanks for your opinion on my reply, I don't think it was the best I could do either, but I guess we'll have to live with it.

And about PN's refusal to post in this thread: I'm sorry, but we're now supposed to PM an admin because the admin for whatever reason won't post publicly?  She's an admin.  Of an internet forum.  I thought the point of a forum was to communicate with people?  If she doesn't want to communicate, why is she an admin?
Where is it written that admins need to communicate? I know it's normal on other boards, but this isn't 'other boards'. And quite frankly, I can see why she won't reply here. I quite often wonder why I'm doing this myself. As you see, this is getting us nowhere really. If you wan't something from PN, I suggest, as Ferret did, you to PM her nicely and ask for her reasons.

...While some of the things I said were pretty bitchy, I was (and still am, at least a little) angry. Just, from every single thing I've ever read PN saying, she's not a nice person. She's short-tempered and... I could go off on her but I don't want to. I just dislike her for the way she acts, which is a good enough reason to dislike anybody; if she's that way to everybody else, why should she be different to me? I don't know her personally, but I don't think I'd want to.
Oh I can link you to hundreds of posts by PN where she is nothing BUT nice.

Quote from: "MiscastDice"
What I felt amazed about blatant statements about Yoshiki beating Taiji up (I can't even imagine fragile Yoshiki beating the cowboy Taiji)

FAIL. Yoshiki himself admitted to this in a Fool's Mate interview last year.
And I'm supposed to have read that interview? Have you ever posted a translation or anything like that here? You just can't make statements and expect everyone to know what you are talking about and such.

YES.

Jrr2 can't even be considered as an opinion or anything. And I warned in the post before his that I will take action when any more stupid comments follow. And by the way, has any of you seen DC21 himself complaining about it? I haven't.

Also, the things in the post I made above pretty much reveal PN's claims of being in the inner circle because she works for JRR to be absolute and utter bullshit.
Your powers of interpretation seem to be way superior to mine, as no matter how I read her posts that you quoted here, I can't see anywhere anything about her being in some inner circle (I know it's not literally a circle... You know what I mean...).

Please read the following statement:

All comments from now on that aren't strictly connected to the new rules (saying 'goodnight'/discussing PN's issue/whatever) will be deleted without further warning.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #216 on: June 28, 2008, 11:15:33 PM
You ask why I want more staff members? Because I'm not always around and so aren't the other staff members and I also don't wan't the staff required to spend too much time moderating here, so I'm getting more staff so it would be easier for everyone.

Not asking really, more just pointing out my amusement with the utter inanity and ridiculousness of the forum administration.  Specifically, the highly masturbatory administrative style where the admins (other than Bizkitroach) seem to enjoy amusing themselves by throwing their weight around and mocking/condescending to their users, acting as if they've attained some kind of position of actual importance, when in fact they are administrating over a forum on the internet with 346 users.  Of which about 20 or 30 are even active.  Now that's an impressive display of power.

That doesn't address my question.  I'm not asking what you allow and what you don't.  I'm asking WHY you chose to make things llike that, and how it benefits the forum.
As I thought I explained above, it's a simple matter there not being a subforum that could be used for YM. The issue has been under discussion by the moderators, but I didn't want to do any moves before we get new moderators.

You still haven't answered my question.  The situation as it stands, where forum users are allowed to trade copyrighted music and you are allowed to sell pirated copies of in-print X CDs and DVDs-- but god forbid anyone discuss Yoshiki Mobile messages-- did not fall out of the sky.  You decided on this.  Saying "because there isn't a subforum" does not answer the question of WHY you decided to create this double-standard.

How does this arrangement, subforum or no subforum, benefit X Freaks?

One reason for the new rules (as the old rules were a mess and created around the days the forum started) was to give everyone a clean sheet to start over, yes.

Given that PN was the only one whose slate was "unclean" when the new rules were enacted, how does enacting new rules just to give PN a clean slate benefit the forum?
Are you sure PN was the only one who has edited/removed posts that weren't breaching any particular rules? I'm quite sure I have done so. But no one has ever complained. Where is the catch here?

OK, so... is it supposed to be a positive thing, or somehow work in your favor, that you are now also claiming to have abused your administrative powers?  I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but I'm highly entertained.

Well, uh, while we're at it, would you care to point out where not just PN but you too have abused your administrative powers by editing and removing posts that did not violate any rules? :lol:

And would you care to explain how giving PN (and you?) a clean slate after abusing your admin powers will benefit the forum?

Still unanswered:
How many times does PN need to screw up again before you actually do something about it? Where are you going to draw the line?

And yes, that's on-topic for this thread, given the direct connection between the PN situation and the rules.

As per your own rules, you DON'T get to exclude yourself from any of the rules.
Actually, I can.

As I said, I am fully aware that you can.  The question then becomes: why do you think you should?  How does this benefit your forum?  How long do you expect to keep up the preadolescent "nah nah nah, I can do whatever I want!" behavior before you end up looking like an immature, hypocritical moron?

Where is it written that admins need to communicate? I know it's normal on other boards, but this isn't 'other boards'.

This isn't 'other boards'?  Now that's for goddamn sure.

Really, this whole situation amuses me to no end.  In fact I think it's the funniest and most inane forum situation I've ever seen, bar none, in the 13 years I've been on the internet.  You promote an inactive mod to admin, she abuses her admin power every possible way she's able and pisses off most of the active members of your forum, cheerfully deleting anything that doesn't sit well with her YoshikixToshi fangirl fantasies just because she can.  31 people complain about at least some aspect of this, at which point you make new rules which no one wanted, just to retroactively justify everything PN has done, because apparently everything she says and does is so perfect, holy and immaculate that it's like it was farted out of Jesus himself.  When questioned about any of this, you proceed through an awkward process of first trying to (unsuccessfully) shut people up, then spouting out such incredible hypocrisy that you contradict yourself about five times per post, then trying to ignore it all, then pretending you weren't ignoring it, then coming back with the hypocrisy again (and another shutup threat, just in case the hypocrisy fails again), along with such scintillatingly insightful gems as "I wasn't calling you stupid, I was telling you not to be stupid".  And now you're trying to justify PN's capricious, abusive, and (by your own admission in the quote above) "abnormal" behavior by saying you've been just as capricious and abusive and bizarre as she has, which I guess is supposed to explain everything and endear you (and PN) to us all.

Or something.

What the fuck?

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline zyymurgy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: June 29, 2008, 02:47:05 AM
For the record, I agree wholeheartedly with pretty much everything Hollywood's been saying.

You know, in case Hypno tries to pull the "well only you are complaining about these things" card. Which I wouldn't be surprised about. In the least.

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: June 29, 2008, 04:54:05 AM
If the rules discussion is after statistics, for the record I agree with Hollywood as well, especially his last post. Hypocrisy in combination with dictatorial application of rules just doesn't work. And just because people don't complain doesn't mean they approve. That's called negative voting.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: June 29, 2008, 09:45:02 AM
What I felt amazed about blatant statements about Yoshiki beating Taiji up (I can't even imagine fragile Yoshiki beating the cowboy Taiji)

FAIL. Yoshiki himself admitted to this in a Fool's Mate interview last year.

And I'm supposed to have read that interview? Have you ever posted a translation or anything like that here? You just can't make statements and expect everyone to know what you are talking about and such.

Oh wow, I'm SOOOO sorry. I expect people who flame me for my comments on a subject to have at least some knowledge of it. If you're going to flame people for their takes on band drama or members' comments or whatever, you should at least keep up to date with what the band members are saying in interviews and such.

YES.

Jrr2 can't even be considered as an opinion or anything. And I warned in the post before his that I will take action when any more stupid comments follow. And by the way, has any of you seen DC21 himself complaining about it? I haven't.

You have a rather odd definition of the word "opinion." "JRR2" means the user is concerned that this board will become a pile of shit like JRR. THAT is an opinion, whatever way you want to spin it. Or are opinions only opinions if you define them as opinions? Where did you learn to moderate a board, the George W. Bush School of Forum Management?

Your powers of interpretation seem to be way superior to mine, as no matter how I read her posts that you quoted here, I can't see anywhere anything about her being in some inner circle (I know it's not literally a circle... You know what I mean...).

SHE FUCKING CLAIMS TO HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION ON X JAPAN. (Only problem is it's false information that a true insider wouldn't have, but whatever, that's not relevant). That is the very definition of claiming to be "in the inner circle."

Please read the following statement:

All comments from now on that aren't strictly connected to the new rules (saying 'goodnight'/discussing PN's issue/whatever) will be deleted without further warning.

GOODNIGHT! GO TO BED, YOU'RE DRUNK! YOU'RE MORE DRUNK THAN YOSHIKI AFTER HIS LATEST SHIPMENT OF RED WINE!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #220 on: June 29, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
You still haven't answered my question.  The situation as it stands, where forum users are allowed to trade copyrighted music and you are allowed to sell pirated copies of in-print X CDs and DVDs-- but god forbid anyone discuss Yoshiki Mobile messages-- did not fall out of the sky.  You decided on this.  Saying "because there isn't a subforum" does not answer the question of WHY you decided to create this double-standard.

How does this arrangement, subforum or no subforum, benefit X Freaks?
Because I, and several other moderators, wanted it so. It doesn't benefit X Freaks in any way, except that in the unlikely case of us having to deal with any legal issues about this board, we have one less problem to think about. And I repeat again, we are discussing the option of YM messages being shared in the private subforum, just like copyright stuff is right now.

OK, so... is it supposed to be a positive thing, or somehow work in your favor, that you are now also claiming to have abused your administrative powers?  I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but I'm highly entertained.

Well, uh, while we're at it, would you care to point out where not just PN but you too have abused your administrative powers by editing and removing posts that did not violate any rules? :lol:

And would you care to explain how giving PN (and you?) a clean slate after abusing your admin powers will benefit the forum?
I tired to point out, that even though me and PN both might have made unpopular moves, no one has ever complained about mine, yet we have like 3+ threads about PN. And I can't point any out, as nobody has cared enough to remember, including me. But I do recall deleting quite several posts. I hoped giving a clean slate would benefit the forum with everyone calming down and 'starting over'. Apparently, most of us stepped back and tried to move on. Only you and a few others remain here, trying to achieve I don't know what.

As I said, I am fully aware that you can.  The question then becomes: why do you think you should?  How does this benefit your forum?  How long do you expect to keep up the preadolescent "nah nah nah, I can do whatever I want!" behavior before you end up looking like an immature, hypocritical moron?
Actually I hoped this discussion to end before that. I seriously did. Now I almost feel like a moron to have believed that.

*the last part of your post*
And it amuses me to no end, that if you so strongly feel against the actions of two out of three administrators of this board, you yet stay here and keep on running this endless thread. Half of your posts lately have been here. And what was that about unsuccessfully trying to shut people up? The only ones who still keep on this are you and MiscastDice (and his friend, who you might have read is here almost against his own free will).

You have a rather odd definition of the word "opinion." "JRR2" means the user is concerned that this board will become a pile of shit like JRR. THAT is an opinion, whatever way you want to spin it. Or are opinions only opinions if you define them as opinions? Where did you learn to moderate a board, the George W. Bush School of Forum Management?
Hollywood said somewhere above, that for others to take rules seriously, I should follow them myself. I believe, based on that (correct me if I'm wrong, Hollywood), that he also thinks, that if I can't make others follow my rules, they won't be taken seriously (quite logical, right?). And if I said in the previous post, that people who post pointless comments, and I quote, "like 'jrr2' /--/" will be dealt with. And he posted exactly what I told everyone not to. That is like spitting in the face to me.

SHE FUCKING CLAIMS TO HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION ON X JAPAN. (Only problem is it's false information that a true insider wouldn't have, but whatever, that's not relevant). That is the very definition of claiming to be "in the inner circle."
I also have missed that. If you mean that she has said to know more about X Japan, thanks to her living in Japan herself, thus having better access to all the info and such, then yes, she has said so. But inside information? Nah, I don't even recall anything like that from private discussions (except when she has told me of press announcements a few days earlier a few times... just that there will be announcements, not what's in there... but I wouldn't count that as inside info).

GOODNIGHT! GO TO BED, YOU'RE DRUNK! YOU'RE MORE DRUNK THAN YOSHIKI AFTER HIS LATEST SHIPMENT OF RED WINE!
Using caps lock here basically means screaming. Please don't do that again.When I wrote, what I wrote, I was actually quite sober. And Yoshiki's shipments of red wine or anything else is quite frankly none of your (or anyone else's for that matter) business.

Please read the following announcement:

As it seems that this thread is leading nowhere and only generates hate AND the fact that this forum will have almost no staff present thanks to the Paris events, by the suggestion of another administrator (you can guess three times who, and I can tell you it wasn't PN) I have decided to lock this thread. If anyone feels they have something to say or suggest about the new rules that hasn't been said or suggested yet, or want to make sure they are heard, feel free to PM me or any other staff member. About the PN issue, also feel free to PM me or her with your thoughts (personal insults, of course, are not tolerated).

This is my administrator color.