X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Suggestion: public explanations for moved threads?

Hollywood · 5605

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Hopefully this isn't too much to ask, but is it possible that public explanations be given for times when threads are moved out of public view?  The only previous thread moves that I remember happening during my time here were when the X reunion concert and hide memorial summit threads were moved to the sharing section due to having links to streams and downloads and etc., and Hypno gave fair warning about those and explained why the threads would soon be moved.

Given that Bizkitroach had just made a post on Uncontrol's suggestion thread-- and that soon after that, the thread was moved by another admin-- I think that especially in situations like this one, unexplained thread moves like this could give users the wrong impression and make it look like admins are trying to censor the words of other admins.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I would like to suggest that public explanations be given whenever threads are moved, I think that'd be great.  Thanks for reading.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 07:57:57 AM
Maybe there should be a special thread for announcements about moving/deleting of posts/threads. I would come in handy lately. :wink:

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:09:11 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

Given that Bizkitroach had just made a post on Uncontrol's suggestion thread-- and that soon after that, the thread was moved by another admin-- I think that especially in situations like this one, unexplained thread moves like this could give users the wrong impression and make it look like admins are trying to censor the words of other admins.

If I wanted to really censor what he wrote I'd have deleted his post, plain and simple. But I liked it actually. However he broke Hypno's "rule" of not posting anything on that topic publicly anymore (aka he bent the rules and posted in a locked topic) and since you're all complaining about the admins not playing by the rules I moved it. (btw.every active user could read what he wrote since I didn't move it until the next day)

And be sure we are working on the "deleted/moved" threads issue as well, thank you for your input.

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:31:56 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
If I wanted to really censor what he wrote I'd have deleted his post, plain and simple. But I liked it actually. However he broke Hypno's "rule" of not posting anything on that topic publicly anymore (aka he bent the rules and posted in a locked topic) and since you're all complaining about the admins not playing by the rules I moved it. (btw.every active user could read what he wrote since I didn't move it until the next day)

Yeah, that's true about the posting in a locked topic part.  Personally I think that moving a thread is even "worse", but of course that's a matter of opinion.
Though I think that if it had come to a choice between either deleting the post outright or moving the whole thread like you did, I'm glad you chose to instead move the thread with his post intact-- I liked it too, very much so, and truly hope that the other mods and admins will read it and take it seriously.  At this stage I think more good can potentially come of that than would have come of the thread remaining there without his post.
Anyway, thanks for explaining, and thanks too for not moving that thread immediately.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:30:08 PM
http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2368

If you have anything you would like to be included in the new set of rules, please PM me.

//

I'll be away on Friday and Saturday, so you should send your suggestions to other mods/admins.

This is my administrator color.