UEFA Euro 2008

Sirimono · 30824

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #90 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:50 PM
Btw, a bit off topic, but I LOVED Zidane's last move against the Italians in the previous World Championships ;)

Too bad France lost tho...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: June 11, 2008, 03:52:01 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Btw, a bit off topic, but I LOVED Zidane's last move against the Italians in the previous World Championships ;)

oh you did, didn't you? who didn't...

anyway... it's sad that this was the end of his carreer as national player. Italy didn't even have the let a football god go off the field with pride...
AND France wanted to win the wc for us... I never felt so good about France before in my life

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #92 on: June 11, 2008, 03:53:19 PM
I was supporting the Italians all the way at the previous world championship !!!

You CAN'T imagine how French medias are HORRIBLE when France wins ! In 1998, they talked about it like during the four years after... but then as soon as they lose a game, the medias just trash them :P

Well as a Swiss, I always support the team that play against France :D :D :D :D

I really like France, it's just funnier that way :D

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #93 on: June 11, 2008, 04:44:15 PM
I've supported Italy from World Cup 2002 and was delighted when they won the world cup in 2006 , I was in Japan at the time and watched the final at like 3am. Rest of my tour group were backing France  :P

Now I don't support them mainly because Totti doesn't play for them anymore. He was a big favourite of mine.

anyway Portugal vs Czech Republic , should be good. HOW many times will Ronaldo get cleanly tackled and start crying I wonder?

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 11, 2008, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: "TG"

anyway Portugal vs Czech Republic , should be good. HOW many times will Ronaldo get cleanly tackled and start crying I wonder?

Permanently.
Well the czechs play very reserved football... they called it "ministrial worker"-football in tv just.
I hope Portugal will help them out of that and make this an interesting match

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #95 on: June 11, 2008, 06:07:47 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
anyway... it's sad that this was the end of his carreer as national player. Italy didn't even have the let a football god go off the field with pride...

"Let"? :lol:

Zidane was so immature that he headbutted someone over a common playground insult-- the kind that get tossed around on calcio pitches fifty million times a match.  Where's the pride in that?  Or, for that matter, in going kamikaze like that and getting red carded out when your team needs you the most?  Zidane should've thought of that before the headbutt.

As it is, it was a brilliant piece of strategy that made Zidane go down in history looking like an irresponsible idiot and Materazzi look every bit the clever bastard he is. :twisted:

Oh yeah, and Italy is dangerous now due to having lost to Holland.  If Donadoni knows what he's doing (and I'm not so sure he does :P), he'll field some good angry, passionate, emotional guys against Romania.  I want to see Gattuso, Cassano, and Borriello for sure; wouldn't mind De Rossi either, especially since Gattuso + De Rossi would compensate nicely for the backline problems.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #96 on: June 11, 2008, 06:21:37 PM
I can tell you that here in french part of Switzerland and in French, Materazzi is consider more as an idiot than Zidane :P

In my opinion they were both stupid. Materazzi didn't have to insult Zidane and Zidane shouldn't have headbutt him.

Anyway...

Some days after that event, a french band made a song "Coup de boule" (which means headbutt), it's really funny :

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 11, 2008, 06:27:44 PM
Quote from: "Lucs"
I can tell you that here in french part of Switzerland and in French, Materazzi is consider more as an idiot than Zidane :P

I think that is (almost) everywhere the case. I mean Zidane had to react, he was known for reacting to such and Materazzi well knew this (i mean it wasn't just one insult, he kept doing that during the game), but the best thing was HOW he reacted. I mean headbutt! How stylish is that?

I think many more people felt sorry for Zidane than they'd think he's an idiot and I guess men know very well how angry they can get when they're all in heat cause wanting to win and then getting their family insulted.

I believe just the Italians think it was a clever move :P I believe most people think that their victory was the least deserved victory in football history. They ruined the magic of Germany's wish to win in their own country too.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #98 on: June 11, 2008, 07:29:50 PM
Headbutt was way more stylish than loosing and limping off the pitch :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: June 11, 2008, 07:31:17 PM
So we should have let Germany win just because, and we should have let France win just because Zidane is a legend?  You know that that's not how sports work, right? ;)

Of course Matrix knew Zidane would react like that, that's why he did it.  But Zidane did not HAVE to fall for it, he could have chosen to simply walk away-- but, stupidly, he fell for it hook line and sinker.  It honestly makes me laugh when people try to make Zidane into some poor innocent martyr because he headbutted someone after only common verbal provocation. :lol:

Really, you guys think that's cool and noble and whatever?  Being such a predictable mark for common schoolyard taunts that you fall right into someone's trap and get yourself redcarded for it?  Zidane did exactly what Matrix wanted him to, so I don't think that's especially impressive of him, just makes him look like a total sucker really.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 11, 2008, 07:37:20 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
So we should have let Germany win just because, and we should have let France win just because Zidane is a legend?  You know that that's not how sports work, right? ;)

well Italy didn't play fair. They won against us because they complained about one of our best players, who brings LOTS of stability into our play, because they said he did something in another game that should've been completely pointless to Italy!
He got yellow-carded. The whole game got somehow torn apart and I don't think Germany is especially strong against un-fair playing teams... even though we just won against Poland :D

I think what Materazzi did is NEVER something cool or honorable. You should've learned that on a playground. You should've learned that it's especially not fair to do that to people who are especially open for it and will react strongly. If we're talking about playground terms already.

I just say I understand Zidane's reaction and I think he's cool for not plainly hitting Materazzi or tackling him hardly, but to plainly headbutt him to make him shut up.
I think that this was much better than all those stupid little mean attacks the Italians get yellow cards for. I think he did it right, shut the bastard off, get a proper red card and stop caring for such a dumb sport.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 11, 2008, 07:41:14 PM
Zidane's reaction was stupid, a man with his experience should have known what Materazzi was up to. I don't mind Materazzi being headbutted, that's cool for me, but he should have waited till after the game was finished  :wink:  seriously, there are unfair players in every team and every nation, best thing you can do is ignore them.

So, next few minutes Switzerland vs Turkey starts.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 11, 2008, 07:46:36 PM
I'm so for Switzerland!! but if both teams play like Saturday they should demolish Turkey

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 11, 2008, 07:51:04 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
Zidane's reaction was stupid, a man with his experience should have known what Materazzi was up to. I don't mind Materazzi being headbutted, that's cool for me, but he should have waited till after the game was finished  :wink:  seriously, there are unfair players in every team and every nation, best thing you can do is ignore them.

Exactly.  And despite the fact that I like Matrix, I can entirely understand why someone would want to headbutt him. :lol:  It's just really, really stupid of Zidane to have fallen for his tricks and done that on the pitch, especially in the World Cup final, especially because he let his team and country down; France would have had a much better chance of winning had Zidane remained in the game rather than getting himself a needless red card.

And everyone verbally taunts everyone in team sports, and "but we don't play well against unfair teams!" sounds like an excuse to me. ;)

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #104 on: June 11, 2008, 07:59:39 PM
I think it's raining... lol !!!

First time I see watersoccer :D

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL !!!

Goal !

And ...

Goal !

Goodbye Switzerland !!! :D

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #105 on: June 11, 2008, 10:08:26 PM
the rain made the match really funny  :lol:

I'm glad Newcastle target Arda Turan played and got the winning goal for Turkey.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 12, 2008, 02:48:46 AM
Trust me, World Cup 2006 was a LOT better than the farce that is 2002.

:evil:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iW8pDnft8[/youtube]

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #107 on: June 12, 2008, 02:12:38 PM
I was absolutely furious at Totti's sending off , true he DOES overreact at times but that was clearly harsh. However I did have sympathy for the Koreans when Ahn-Jung Hwan was sacked for Perugia for scoring the winner disgraceful by the Perugia chairman.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 12, 2008, 02:22:19 PM
Just throwing in this Ronaldo gif

I did not make it and it doesn't belong to me, duh.

RIP

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 12, 2008, 02:46:37 PM
EL OH EL

what do you mean, you didn't make it?! D: did the person who made it allow you to post it, huh?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 12, 2008, 02:51:21 PM
I dunno, she was dead before I could've asked her. It was an ~accident~.

The animation should've continued with him crying, though.

RIP

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 12, 2008, 03:11:47 PM
I think you killed the artist be for they could add the crying...

Germany vs. Crotia at 17:00 GMT

I'm somehow afraid germany will lose...

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 12, 2008, 06:53:59 PM
.____.

I hate to be right...

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #113 on: June 12, 2008, 06:56:56 PM
Well, Croatia were really good.

In my opinion Croatia and Germany will pass.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: June 12, 2008, 06:58:54 PM

I hope so, but Germany has to play better against Austria than they did today.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 12, 2008, 07:02:17 PM

Croatia wasn't so good, Germany was just unnecessarily bad. Croatia was about same league as Poland, imo, but somehow Germany was all self-conscious and wouldn't dare to attack... I don't get why

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #116 on: June 12, 2008, 07:04:03 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"

Croatia wasn't so good, Germany was just unnecessarily bad. Croatia was about same league as Poland, imo, but somehow Germany was all self-conscious and wouldn't dare to attack... I don't get why

Well, in my opinion (still only my opinion), both were good but Croatia were better.

But you know, I'm used to see Switzerland playing, so of course those teams seem good to me  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: June 12, 2008, 07:07:33 PM

But you know, I'm used to see Switzerland playing, so of course those teams seem good to me  :lol:  :lol:

Switzerland was GREAT against Czech Republic. It was a shame that they didn't win. I have no idea why they were so bad against Turkey then...
Croatia totally messed up the second half against Austria too, they were better in this game but still not extremely great.
Germany didn't react and weren't fast enough (in moving and thinking), somehow they didn't really get INTO the game... Croatia's scores were only due to Germany being bad, I don't see much great coming from them

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #118 on: June 12, 2008, 08:49:56 PM
I can't see how Germany won't beat Austria to qualify. Portugal vs Germany in Q/F will be good.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 13, 2008, 06:45:37 AM
Omg, Austria gurl, u were on FIAH!  :!:

I can't believe they actually let Poland keep that first "goal"...but Austria made it happen in the last minute <3

And how good is the Polish goal keeper, that man is a freakin WALL  :shock:

RIP