• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Paris Concert venue issue :(

Beauty/Broken · 24720

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #90 on: June 06, 2008, 05:10:39 PM
Well the ruins are far away from everything, no bus, no subway, no fly-boat, no velib, nothing XD

And, yes, I think they'll do it at Villepinte afterall if they don't want to cancel

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #91 on: June 06, 2008, 05:23:35 PM
I'd appreciate it, if they kept informed the EUROPEANS about this. NOT the Japanese.

To quote some friend: "Why not selling the Paris tickets via Yoshiki Mobile as well?"
WTF?! Really... some blog or some little announcement where ever would be really not too much to ask! This is not Japan, why are news for Europe crossing YM at all?!

How ever... I'll fly to Paris - no matter how this will turn out. If there's no concert, then I'll enjoy a chocolate baguette and visit the Lovre or what ever. I've never been to Paris before, I'll find ways to enjoy it without X.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #92 on: June 06, 2008, 05:31:30 PM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"
I'd appreciate it, if they kept informed the EUROPEANS about this. NOT the Japanese.

To quote some friend: "Why not selling the Paris tickets via Yoshiki Mobile as well?"

Actually there are Japanese bands who do shit like that, holding concerts overseas but selling tickets (sometimes also travel packages) only in Japan.  So basically, locals can't get in, which makes it completely pointless to even bother holding the concert outside of Japan.  Frankly I think it's ridiculous. :roll:

I don't mean to scare you guys though-- I'm truly hoping that's not what will go on here.

Anyway I totally understand why you guys are pissed, you have every right to be.  This Paris concert situation really, really sucks and is pretty disrespectful to the fans.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 06, 2008, 05:34:58 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

Actually there are Japanese bands who do shit like that, holding concerts overseas but selling tickets (sometimes also travel packages) only in Japan.  

Wut, why? Is it their own wish/fault or is that because of shitty management?

RIP

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 06, 2008, 06:05:12 PM
Quote from: "chibineko"
Yea i totally agree! I mean the majority of us have already got all our plans sorted and...sadly...paid for :s Hopefully they'll be able to play Bercy, thats about 20,000 capacity isnt it?

Isn't it 50.000?  :?

Iron maiden is playing there 2 days before, could they set-up everything in two days? :?

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #95 on: June 06, 2008, 06:10:45 PM
Quote from: "Edside"
Yea i totally agree! I mean the majority of us have already got all our plans sorted and...sadly...paid for :s Hopefully they'll be able to play Bercy, thats about 20,000 capacity isnt it?

Iron maiden is playing there 2 days before, could they set-up everything in two days? :?

Of what I know, Bercy is more like 15'000 big.

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: June 06, 2008, 06:18:37 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
chocolate baguette

WHAT THE!? That sounds weird, but damn... somehow I have some tasty images of it popping up in my head  :shock:

:D I don't know its name... a friend of mine brought me one when he came back from Paris last year. It was sweet bread full of chocolate drops and DAMNED yummy!

mod mode

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 06, 2008, 06:24:11 PM

WTF?! Really... some blog or some little announcement where ever would be really not too much to ask! This is not Japan, why are news for Europe crossing YM at all?!

How ever... I'll fly to Paris - no matter how this will turn out. If there's no concert, then I'll enjoy a chocolate baguette and visit the Lovre or what ever. I've never been to Paris before, I'll find ways to enjoy it without X.

True... What has come to my mind is that the concept "X Japan" has been polished into such a flawless and bright, instantaneous all-out-seller in Japan that even the thought "what if we are unsuccessful?" is unbearable (also to Yoshiki's ego and his grandiose outlook). Remember, the guys tried to hit the US market close to 20 years ago. What happened there must still linger...

I believe, despite previous difficulties, courage is what the guys need, a risk. And that kind of risk would entail arranging something spectacular... But, Yoshiki has been drifting along a corporationist path ever since they down-toned their visuality.

I wonder, how much did the negative reception in the US effect on the X of today (topic deserving a full thread)... I hate it if/when a band sells its soul to gain money but that's at least the general direction X has taken. There's less those bizarre, unexpected moments... Which could be precisely the keys to engage the audience, to get to Le Monde etc.  :wink:  Cranking the same "play-it-safe" songs throws away the spirit of X... At least give us a couple of new songs, pleez!

It's their chance to widen their market and they either play it safe or gamble. I would suggest gambling, an injection of life and vitality rather than a walk along the dark corridors of petrified nostalgia.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: June 06, 2008, 06:24:24 PM
Quote from: "ferret"

Actually there are Japanese bands who do shit like that, holding concerts overseas but selling tickets (sometimes also travel packages) only in Japan.  

Wut, why? Is it their own wish/fault or is that because of shitty management?

I don't know really, I just remember some thing years ago where Glay (I think it was Glay) was playing in Hawaii, and it was "fanclub-only".  And I swear I remember other stuff like that too, with other bands, but it was years ago and I don't remember the details.  I don't get it at all, why not sell tickets to locals too and make more money?  Also, if you live in Japan, why bother flying to Hawaii to see them when you can... see them in Japan? :P

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #99 on: June 06, 2008, 06:57:28 PM
A few months before the S.K.I.N. concert, Gackt did a "Dears Only" event in LA. @_@

I hadn't even thought of the possibility of something like that happening with the X Japan concerts. D= But I'm still going to the NYC show no matter what. =P

Offline chibineko

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/chibi_noraneko
Reply #100 on: June 06, 2008, 07:06:17 PM
Quote from: "Julien Vesper"
Quote from: "Lucs"

Yep, 16,500 precisely.

Am I the only one who knows how to use Google?

Oops sorry! Was just guessing from memory :s But as said before theres an event there from the 4th until the 6th.

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 06, 2008, 07:14:25 PM
Quote from: "X-J"
I wonder, how much did the negative reception in the US effect on the X of today (topic deserving a full thread)... I hate it if/when a band sells its soul to gain money but that's at least the general direction X has taken. There's less those bizarre, unexpected moments... Which could be precisely the keys to engage the audience, to get to Le Monde etc.  :wink:  Cranking the same "play-it-safe" songs throws away the spirit of X... At least give us a couple of new songs, pleez!

It's their chance to widen their market and they either play it safe or gamble. I would suggest gambling, an injection of life and vitality rather than a walk along the dark corridors of petrified nostalgia.

Can say nothing more, but that I agree - well said in my opinion, X-J!
I thought about it several times what could be the reason for their enormous change in the mid-90s. It might have been great that time, but I think these days it would be more catching, if they were that kick in the face again concerning their look. But now that they've changed it once to more serious directions, it'd look a little bit strange to suddenly do the visual-thing again.
Sadly... since it's their and only their "visual style" I feel attrected to among the Japanese bands. The other visual stuff isn't my taste at all, because there was a time when they all forgot about the music in my opinion.

mod mode

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 06, 2008, 07:41:40 PM
They didn't say anything at the Japan Expo press conference today, not a single word. So keep hoping.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 06, 2008, 07:53:35 PM
Quote from: "Kyubi"
They didn't say anything at the Japan Expo press conference today, not a single word. So keep hoping.

What... the fuck?

You know what wouldn't be funny at all? If the X members suddenly pop out of nowhere in the Japanexpo and start to preform Vanishing Love.

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 06, 2008, 08:21:13 PM
Quote from: "Julien Vesper"
Quote from: "Lucs"

Yep, 16,500 precisely.

Am I the only one who knows how to use Google?

Memory sometimes fails  :lol:

It would be an appropriate venue then, for X first concert overseas.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 06, 2008, 08:30:04 PM
Quote from: "Amethyst_Dahlia"
A few months before the S.K.I.N. concert, Gackt did a "Dears Only" event in LA. @_@

Wow, I didn't even know about that... that's really weird.  If it were ten years ago or something then OK, I can see where Japanese artists didn't know they had audience outside of Japan at that time, but now?  Gackt could sell tons of tickets to LA residents if he wanted to...

But now that they've changed it once to more serious directions, it'd look a little bit strange to suddenly do the visual-thing again.

I don't expect to ever see their visual style again sadly, but I really do think they COULD do it if they wanted to.  I mean, hey, if KISS can "unmask" and then go back to wearing makeup again, why couldn't X go a similar route?  Well, like I said, I'm sure they won't... but they could and should. :P

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 06, 2008, 08:31:41 PM

But now that they've changed it once to more serious directions, it'd look a little bit strange to suddenly do the visual-thing again.

I don't expect to ever see their visual style again sadly, but I really do think they COULD do it if they wanted to.  I mean, hey, if KISS can "unmask" and then go back to wearing makeup again, why couldn't X go a similar route?  Well, like I said, I'm sure they won't... but they could and should. :P

They won't, believe me XD

But yeah, I liked their visual style better too...

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 06, 2008, 08:49:50 PM

On live journal.. someone recieved an email about their registration and hte problem of the X show

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 06, 2008, 09:01:28 PM
I thought it might be interesting for some of you:

From Jame: "Though the information has not yet been confirmed by Japan Expo, it has been posted on miyavi's official MySpace that the artist will be in Paris for the event's Laforet HARAJUKU collection '08 fashion show on July 5th. More details will be available as they are confirmed."

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 06, 2008, 09:21:16 PM
Only two people in JaME are up to what is going on, and they can't tell us because X JAPAN didn't say anything yet.

But don't panic, everything will be fine, in the end.

Offline 003chan

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 06, 2008, 10:12:44 PM
:(  this is not funny anymore, I'm beginning to worry quite a bit...  :cry:  :?

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 06, 2008, 10:39:15 PM

Well, I only said, it'd look a little bit strange.
:D But I think it would be cool - back to the roots. Hm, but till now I don't see it coming really. Okay, there was this photoshooting with Yoshiki hanging around in a tub full of blood, but... yeah... that's it. If he had taken blue blood, I would have expected more visual stuff in future. 8)
In case they'll change style and play less ballads: I want Taiji back! :lol:
Sorry, Heath! :( I really think, Heath does a better job in other bands. I think, I like his own stuff more than him in X.

Damn, I'm really far too offtopic, sorry.

So... yeah, they just should appear in Paris! :lol: *broken record*

mod mode

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 06, 2008, 10:44:16 PM
...I want Taiji back! :lol:...

Whom? Oh, now I remember the guy who was in Cure Magazine recently  :wink:

On Topic: Right now I'm a little bit concerned if they can keep the promised date, wouldn't be surprised if they push it back.

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: June 06, 2008, 11:13:38 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
Whom? Oh, now I remember the guy who was in Cure Magazine recently  :wink:

OMG, yah! He was so kawaii desu! *o*

8) Uhum. I mean, yes - that cool guy with the pimp fur collar.

Quote from: "Matthias"
On Topic: Right now I'm a little bit concerned if they can keep the promised date, wouldn't be surprised if they push it back.

:shock: Pssssssssssshhhht! Don't tell that too loud!
I also see that coming...

mod mode

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #114 on: June 07, 2008, 09:56:59 AM
Come on X, you did your drama, you scared us all good, you can stop with your little joke now and announce some good news!
It's not something like the week of Japan's April Fools or anything by chance is it? *hopeful voice*

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: June 07, 2008, 11:21:39 AM

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: June 07, 2008, 11:36:33 AM
I ran it through babelfish, doesn't look like there's any information on france

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #117 on: June 07, 2008, 11:40:36 AM
*very anxious*

May X be with you!

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: June 07, 2008, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: "Kyubi"
http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/080606/78/10ost.html
Does anyone speak chinese?

It seems that due to Yoshiki's bad conditions,medics told him not to travel by plane,that's why he had to cancel the press conference in Taiwan.
This is surely not good for the Paris concert as well...
Really hope Yoshiki recovers :(

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 07, 2008, 12:20:25 PM
this is  starting to piss me off